Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines (22029 Views)

How Can One Be Linked With Agricultural Produces Exporter In Nigeria? / FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs / Ed-el-kabir 2016: See The Prices Of Rams Across Nigeria Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by centvin008(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2016
The Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Shippers Council, Bar. Hassan Bello, has said the six dry ports (inland container deports - ICDs) being built across the country through public private partnership will be linked to rail lines to ease movement of cargo.

He stated this during a meeting with the various concessionaires and the minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, to discuss issues bothering on the development of ICDs Projects across the country.
The ICDs will be located in Kano, Kaduna, Funtua  in Katsina State, Isiala Agwa in Abia, Jos in Plateau and Ibadan in Oyo State and all will be linked to the railways down to the sea ports, he said.

“The railway lines been developed are also to be linked to the ICDs so that imported goods can get to Nigerians quickly without the stress of having to truck them all the way from Lagos, Port Harcourt or Warri,” he said.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/dry-ports-to-be-linked-with-rail-lines-shippers-council/156363.html?platform=hootsuite#xZyDAwL8VqyrjrCb.99

3 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Flexherbal(m): 3:00pm On Jul 22, 2016
OK!
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by seunny4lif(m): 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2016
Why Kano, Kaduna and Katsina all northern state getting 3 while south as only 2 undecided undecided undecided
Wetin dey Katsina undecided undecided undecided
Why dem no put 1 for Onitsha undecided undecided undecided

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by aresa: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2016
seunny4lif:
Why Kano, Kaduna and Katsina all northern state getting 3 while south as only 2 undecided undecided undecided

There is a port in Onitsha and in total, there are still more ports in the south than the North.

I don't even know what you people know about your own country.

126 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by seunny4lif(m): 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2016
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Wetin port dey do for Katsina
aresa:

There is a port in Onitsha and in total, there are still more ports in the south than the North.

I don't even know what you people know about your own country.

15 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Perceptor(m): 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2016
seunny4lif:
undecided undecided undecided undecided Wetin port dey do for Katsina
You dont produce half of their agricultural products

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by AustineE1: 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2016
Perceptor:

You dont produce half of their agricultural products
you must be high on cheap drugs! The last time i checked, Anambra produces more rice than all the states in the North with the exception of Kebbi,Anambra grows high quality vegetables and are some times exported to Europe,not to mention Ebonyi which is in a class of its own in agriculture. Left for Plateau,Benue and Taraba which are largerly agrarian states and are known as the greater middle-beltan states and not core North. You wld agree with me that the North lost it the very time the groundnut pyramids of Kano disappeared.
Katsina can only boast of their cows,which are even fed in the hinterlands of the South.

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by onepluone: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2016
Thank you GEJ. Another one of your brain child. This is your ongoing project that APC are trying to claim.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by gamargu(m): 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2016
AustineE1:

you must be high on cheap drugs! The last time i checked, Anambra produces more rice than all the states in the North with the exception of Kebbi,Anambra grows high quality vegetables and are some times exported to Europe,not to mention Ebonyi which is in a class of its own in agriculture. Left for Plateau,Benue and Taraba which are largerly agrarian states and are known as the greater middle-beltan states and not core North. You wld agree with me that the North lost it the very time the groundnut pyramids of Kano disappeared.
Katsina can only boast of their cows,which are even fed in the hinterlands of the South.
Yeah clap for yourself. The north is far better agriculturally you can tell yourself anything you want but the north cannot be compared with the south in terms of agriculture.
the people complaining about an inland port being built in the north have no idea what an inland port is. i swear to God there are too many jackasses in nairaland maybe its tribalism that is clouding their head or maybe they are naturally daft who knows

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Perceptor(m): 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2016
AustineE1:

Mtcheew...you irresponsible cheatbeating oafs can neva make ur points without insults. Get lost!

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by MXrep: 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2016
gamargu:

Yeah clap for yourself. The north is far better agriculturally you can tell yourself anything you want but the north cannot be compared with the south in terms of agriculture.
the people complaining about an inland port being built in the north have no idea what an inland port is. i swear to God there are too many jackasses in nairaland maybe its tribalism that is clouding their head or maybe they are naturally daft who knows
he did not complain about the North, he complained about katsina and i share in that complaint. Sokoto and Maiduguri (b4 BH) are more economically viable than katsina. Most of you have not even been to these places

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by MXrep: 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
Perceptor:

Mtcheew...you irresponsible cheatbeating oafs can neva make ur points without insults. Get lost!
He made genuine points, katsina is not know to produce any agric product in commercial quantity except cows, kaduna and kebbi are leading in North west. both anambra and ebonyi each produce more crops than katsina, the desert is encroaching on that state

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Perceptor(m): 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2016
MXrep:

He made genuine points, katsina is not know to produce any agric product in commercial quantity except cows, kaduna and kebbi are leading in North west. both anambra and ebonyi each produce more crops than katsina, the desert is encroaching on that state
who complained abt him making points or not? turn left abeg

4 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by herzern(m): 7:50am On Jul 23, 2016
Me

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 23, 2016
[s]
onepluone:
Thank you GEJ. Another one of your brain child. This is your ongoing project that APC are trying to claim.
[/s]

Recieve sense undecided

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by johnstar(m): 7:50am On Jul 23, 2016
undecided
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by hustler86(m): 7:51am On Jul 23, 2016
seunny4lif:

The post said dry port buddy.. Reading effectively makes life easy.

23 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by adioolayi(m): 7:52am On Jul 23, 2016
seunny4lif:

No waterways in those states, and with their high economic activities and their proximity to other neighboring states...they are suitable for Dry land port

9 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by adioolayi(m): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2016
onepluone:

Of what benefit is uncompleted mission If you look deeper, the contractors would have been owed backlogs of payment..God help us all

10 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by HoLEEsinner: 7:54am On Jul 23, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by divineappo(m): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by cornel994(m): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2016
Jst look ad those men up der undecided , wat der are fightin for I don't knw

7 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by LockDown69(m): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2016
seunny4lif:

Smh! Receive sense bro.

13 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by hustler86(m): 7:55am On Jul 23, 2016
Perceptor:

That niqqa forgot Northerners grows water melon, cucumber, cabbage, irish potato to mention but few. No need to insult him, his brain needs an upgrade.

17 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by AKMoney1(m): 7:56am On Jul 23, 2016
Why are guys attacking themselves on this thread na?

The main function of these rail lines is to get cargos across to other parts of the country with no seaports with ease and you are here discussing which states produces more agricultural products. Tribalism has eaten deeply into ours souls in this country, make God help us.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by HomeOfMe(f): 7:58am On Jul 23, 2016
centvin008:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/dry-ports-to-be-linked-with-rail-lines-shippers-council/156363.html?platform=hootsuite#xZyDAwL8VqyrjrCb.99
Good development. This should help in reducing the number of trucks causing avoidable accidents on the highways!

9 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by LockDown69(m): 7:58am On Jul 23, 2016
seunny4lif:
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Wetin port dey do for Katsina

I doubt if you read the post. "Inland Container Deports -ICDs" hope you can read between the lines anyway. Smh!

2 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by tolexy007(m): 7:59am On Jul 23, 2016
north always take over..
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by Pavore9: 7:59am On Jul 23, 2016
AustineE1:

"The last time i checked, Anambra produces more rice than all the states in the North with the exception of Kebbi".....Please where did you check it? I need to work with that data as l know Mashegu, which is just one local government area in Niger State is 9,182 km² while the entire Anambra State is 4,844 km² and will want to know how they edged out all the states in the North to be top rice producer in Nigeria.

29 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by eph12(m): 8:00am On Jul 23, 2016
seunny4lif:
Maybe these ports are for areas close to the railway.
Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by basty: 8:00am On Jul 23, 2016
onepluone:

You are a liar, OBJ started it.

16 Likes

Re: Six Dry Ports Being Built Across Nigeria To Be Linked To Rail Lines by LockDown69(m): 8:01am On Jul 23, 2016
adioolayi:

No waterways in those states

Do you know how to read @ all?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seun Osewa Recognized By Forbes Africa / 12 Young Entrepreneurs Who Make Me Feel Optimistic About Nigeria's Future / Bakery Or Poultry: Which Of These Two Businesses Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.