Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,325 members, 7,860,783 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:18 PM

Ken Saro-wiwa The Author Of Resource Control By Deezia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro-wiwa The Author Of Resource Control By Deezia (348 Views)

Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari / APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others / Photos From Burial Of Ken Saro Wiwa Jnr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ken Saro-wiwa The Author Of Resource Control By Deezia by Deezia1(m): 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
KEN SARO-WIWA THE FATHER AND AUTHOR OF RESOURCE CONTROL AND SELF DETERMINATION.

Ken Saro-Wiwa is described as "THE AUTHOR OF THE CAMPAIGN FOR RESOURCE CONTROL AND SELF DETERMINATION" in Niger Delta, Nigeria, Africa and the world at large.

To confirm the above assertion, Steave Mill (2005) opine that "the struggle of Ken Saro-Wiwa and the Ogoni People propelled the Sierra Leon Club to look at global environmental protection in a whole new light..."

According to Alfred Ilenre (2005) he asserted that the Ogoni case is to serve as a model of what the peaceful struggle of ethnic minority should be in any nation...

Similarly, in the words of Kay Bishop and Glin Ellis, the asserted that he (Ken Saro-Wiwa) may be only 5 foot tall but he is the biggest man we have in Africa.

William Boyd confess that a writer who fought for his people and who gave his life for their cause...Such writer are very, very rare indeed.

Sole Soyinka in similar view asserted that..... I never really knew you, I cling to yours because I own a closer death, a death that dared elude prophetic sight. Dreams we all share, but close presentiment may hover round the head, invisible to all it most concerns. We had become immune to dread. Assailed by tutuous ways we eschewed the literal. The hopes was patient, a suspended sentence hung over him, named Moses of Ogoni land.

In the words of Ike Okonta, Ken Saro-Wiwa occupies a special place in African political historiography today precisely because he dared to break this deadly trap.

Sister Majella McCarron asserted the Irish media referred to Ken Saro-Wiwa and the Ogoni as inspirational, providing support for the cause of Irish local communities against multinational...

Nduka Otiono asserted that Ken Saro-Wiwa's experience has continue to nourish the consciousness of his various constituencies the literary, human and environmental rights and resource activists...

In the words of Vincent Idemyor, a man who was willing to give his life; a man who perhaps knew that it was necessary to force the forces of evil to kill him so that his people could be liberated. A man we call Ken Saro-Wiwa.

Gordini G. Sarah asserted that Ken broke a myth by using the platforms of literature and the mass media to give a ringing voice to the oppressed and exploited minority nations of the Niger Delta.

Nnimo Bassey added that, I saw in him, a writer who use every stroke of his pen to provoke and mobilise the people to build a health view of themselves and their heritage as well.... I was fascinated by his dogged determination to help the Ogoni regain sovereignty and dignity within the a bit of the Nigerian State.

Hence, I describe Ken Saro-Wiwa as the father and author of resource control and self determination. But the question remains, why has MOSOP, the vehicle for Ogoni freedom struggle goes in extinction. All other agitators and campaign organisations today imitated the footstep of Ken Saro-Wiwa. Thus, Ken Saro-Wiwa was an eye opener to Niger Delta, Nigeria, Africa and the world at large.
Ogoni People! Rise up and take up the mantle.

Comrd Deezia, Burabari Sunday
(Admin, Advocacy for the Actualization of Ogoni Freedom).

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1736211636641207&id=100007571620059

(1) (Reply)

Dashed Hopes: Has APC Government Disappointed Millions Of Nigerians? / Anenih Threatening My Life, Edo Monarch Cries Out / Dissecting Dino’s Days In The Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.