Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father (3253 Views)

A Room And Parlour Selfcon For Rent @ Iju Ishaga Area / Abuja: Selfcon For Rent In Lugbe FHA (6months) @130k Only! / ,, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by MrRitchie: 1:43am On Jul 23, 2016
A 21years old nairalander building a two nos room n parlour self contain for his father. One for him to live in and the other for him to let/rent out

The one for renting is almost done and the one for him to live in is underway (foundation level)

I'm using clay bricks for his own house

All will be done in three weeks time!

i will be sharing pics and giving out info for those who are planning to build something similar to this...

property located at ifako ijaye...

Wish me well!

3 Likes

Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by MrRitchie: 1:46am On Jul 23, 2016
More photos as work proceed

Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 23, 2016
MrRitchie:
A 21years old nairalander building a two nos room n parlour self contain for his father. One for him to live in and the other for him to let/rent out

The one for renting is almost done and the one for him to live in is underway (foundation level)

All will be done in three weeks time!

i will be sharing pics and giving out info for those who are planning to build something similar to this...

property located at ifako ijaye...

Wish me well!

Very nice.

Best of luck and do continue to share.

PS: please educate the house on why you used pillars.
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by MrRitchie: 2:10am On Jul 23, 2016
Thank you, I will
EgunMogaji:

Very nice.

Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by FreeWorld23: 5:35am On Jul 23, 2016
MrRitchie:
well done Oga, are you the builder? Pls do share us the cost too and I will like to know how much you bought those brick.
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by MrRitchie: 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
I was advised by a builder to use pillars because of the land type to make the building strong
EgunMogaji:

Very nice.

PS: please educate the house on why you used pillars.

2 Likes

Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
MrRitchie:
I was advised by a builder to use pillars because of the land type to make the building strong

And it's a very good move.

Excellent.
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by MrRitchie: 12:28am On Jul 25, 2016
Rain didn't allow us work much yesterday, below are some pics of what was done yesterday, bought a plaster sand for 17thousand naira per tipper, I was told from clay industry to use plaster sand mixed with little sharp sand for the bricks so as to make the work neat

Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by mufutau55(m): 12:47am On Jul 25, 2016
MrRitchie:
Wish me well!

How much is each of the clay bricks for 6ins and 9ins. Thanks and Good luck.
You are doing a nice thing for you and your father.

Hajji M.
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by Nobody: 12:48am On Jul 25, 2016
MrRitchie:
Rain didn't allow us work much yesterday, below are some pics of what was done yesterday, bought a plaster sand for 17thousand naira per tipper, I was told from clay industry to use plaster sand mixed with little sharp sand for the bricks so as to make the work neat

Rain caused some delay on my site in Ibadan too yesterday.

Your bricklayer, is he familiar with clay blocks before?
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by MrRitchie: 1:42am On Jul 25, 2016
Thanks Hajji M. The 6ins clay bricks ranges from 370/470 per brick, mine was sold to me on a discount because my father works in the company, for the 9ins I don't have a clue, only if I can make inquiries for you later in the day.
mufutau55:

How much is each of the clay bricks for 6ins and 9ins. Thanks and Good luck.
You are doing a nice thing for you and your father.

Hajji M.
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by dondo83(m): 1:42am On Jul 25, 2016
MrRitchie:

well done! As you have honoured your dad, may your kids repay you with such love. kindly breakdown the cost incurred for the first building. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by MrRitchie: 1:44am On Jul 25, 2016
The rain is a blessing in disguise, and yes my bricklayer is familiar with the clay bricks quote author=EgunMogaji post=47859925]

Rain caused some delay on my site in Ibadan too yesterday.

Your bricklayer, is he familiar with clay blocks before?[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by MrRitchie: 2:05am On Jul 25, 2016
I won't be able to breakdown the total cost of the first building because I won't be able to calculate some other expenses (forgotten) but I paid the builder a total sum of 100k, the block was moulded, 30 blocks per bag of cement. Bought 14 rolls of 12mm rot iron for the casting of the foundation for 1,500 each and another 12rolls for the pillar for same amount and another 14 rolls for lintel. Can't remember total bags of cements I bought but it was sold for 1600naira, the aluminiun roofing sheet cost me a total of 50k and the woods can't remember how much but I paid the carpenter a total of 15k for womanship, if I remember others I will add them on here. Total amount spent on the building to the level it is now is 500k plus.
dondo83:

well done! As you have honoured your dad, may your kids repay you with such love. kindly breakdown the cost incurred for the first building. Thanks
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by dondo83(m): 2:16am On Jul 25, 2016
MrRitchie:
I won't be able to breakdown the total cost of the first building because I won't be able to calculate some other expenses (forgotten) but I paid the builder a total sum of 100k, the block was moulded, 30 blocks per bag of cement. Bought 14 rolls of 12mm rot iron for the casting of the foundation for 1,500 each and another 12rolls for the pillar for same amount and another 14 rolls for lintel. Can't remember total bags of cements I bought but it was sold for 1600naira, the aluminiun roofing sheet cost me a total of 50k and the woods can't remember how much but I paid the carpenter a total of 15k for womanship, if I remember others I will add them on here. Total amount spent on the building to the level it is now is 500k plus.

100k for the builders labour?
its the building a room and parlour or self contain
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by MrRitchie: 2:22am On Jul 25, 2016
Room and a parlour self contain
dondo83:

Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by agitator: 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
dondo83:

It is a locality with cheap labour. Sometime ago, I wanted to do same roofing in part of my building to stop paying rent and was being charged 50K by all carpenters, had to abandon the idea. grin grin grin
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by MrRitchie: 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
current situation at the site. we're recording progress..

Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
MrRitchie:
current situation at the site. we're recording progress..

Your bricklayers are extremely good.

In fact, his workmanship is the best I've seen in the whole of Nigeria.

Please thank him and his crew for me.
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by Toronto123: 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
Good Bless your effort. I am following
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by FIRIKI(m): 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nothing like a father's blessings. Keep it going Bro! Baba God will continue to bless and provide for you. Following....
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by MrRitchie: 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
Building up to roofing level, will start roofing by monday and the plumbing work also.. glory to God.

Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by MrRitchie: 9:54am On Aug 07, 2016
Work almost done... Latest photos live from the site.. 7/8/2016 9:39

Thanks to God almighty for giving me the knowledge at a tender age and thanks to all Nlanders...

Advise to the youths, if you have little cash shun night clubs, s*x hawkers, etc.. Use ur cash visely, do something tangible no matter how small..

Bless y'all...

3 Likes

Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by Bisjosh(f): 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
Nice one

MrRitchie:
Work almost done... Latest photos live from the site.. 7/8/2016 9:39

Thanks to God almighty for giving me the knowledge at a tender age and thanks to all Nlanders...

Advise to the youths, if you have little cash shun night clubs, s*x hawkers, etc.. Use ur cash visely, do something tangible no matter how small..

Bless y'all...
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by Akinboyowa(m): 9:44am On Dec 19, 2021
Am very impressed.. wow
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by yekini007(m): 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2022
Pooooo
Re: 2nos Of A Room And Parlour Selfcon For My Father by hslbroker2(m): 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2022
yekini007:
Please kindly help me out

How many Blocks will be okay for this picture foundation.....??

Whatapp on 09132123240 or call me on same number

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Invest In Water Front Estate Very Close To Smart City And It Has Been Gazetted / A Beautiful Design And Perfectly Finished 4bedroom Semi Detached Wait A Bq For S / NEW INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR SMART INVESTORS... BUY 5 GET 1 FREE!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.