Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) (51393 Views)

The Message A Man Received From A Nigerian And An Argentinian Lady Over Culture / Gbebokedi Ajiroba Emerges King In Ondo State (Ex-Militant) / Police Station Built By David Okunato In Ondo State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by kstix(m): 3:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
franciskaine:
Cultural conflicts, what a tragedy. person name na Frederick yet him be Ọba. What a contradiction.
is fredrick an igbo or hausa name? Its an english name. Because of vast western civilization especially when awolowo forced ppl to go to school. Alot of those folks where given english names and also christian english names due to the missionaries then.
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by annnikky(f): 3:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
A dead pregnant woman decaying in d morgue while d two communities r dragging where she'll be buried, no atom of sympathy from any of them. undecided

They're not even thinking about wat d husband of d decease is passing tru all they care about is their silly traditions. cry

Cos he's a poor man nobody will come to his rescue, is a pity angry

God have mercy n give d man d fortitude to bear this heavy loss sad
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by okolabi: 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
Stooooooopid tradition
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by ademega(m): 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2016
they should get this right. tree did kill that woman. that cutter did actually. this their tradition should be attributed to natural tree fall not that someone cut it and it fell. no. it's a common traditional in yoruba land but in most I'd not all cases it's when the tree fell naturally on someone.
just like the swimming, it just like a person taken to the river and overpowered and drown. can we say it died as a result of water kill person ni?
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by Coolgent(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
This is ungodly society, their culture doesnt value them.
No wonder poverty find it solace there
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by zicky(m): 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
saintdennis:

Mr ehikwe what tribe are u?

Per the bolded, you've driven home my point.

As for the tradition tell the akwa ibom people, deltan, and igbo people infact most southern traditions to scrap their tradition of insisting indigenes be buried home and not in foreign lands. @least that will settle this case.

After they scrap the tradition then idanre people will scrap this one. Thank you.
must you drag igbo into your discussion? Why not keep to discussion of akwa ibom n idanre people. Don't tell me you bury elderly people outside their native land or against the wish of the spouse
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
7 more people will die as a result of giving the lady back to her family...

So this is what superstitions called culture have reduced us to, brainless beings. I feel really sorry for the husband/boyfriend sad
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
Tradition n religion are the worlds biggest problem. ....just follow ur heart n b nice
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by saintdennis(m): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
zicky:
must you drag igbo into your discussion? Why not keep to discussion of akwa ibom n idanre people. Don't tell me you bury elderly people outside their native land or against the wish of the spouse

His name is igbo yet he is denying it.
+ he sounded unnigerian and unafrican by calling simple superstitious tradition diabolical cos it's not his tribes tradition...thats why I referenced his ethnicity.

This issue is simple(be honest with yourself) the idanre people have more right to insist the body is buried there since its their home!

To show their maturity they agreed to go to his home town to inform HIS PEOPLE of their decision... his people (if they are serious) are supposed to follow the delegation back and find a way to carry out some rituals so as to exempt her body then take it with them back...#simple.

Like I said his people should first scrap their tradition b4 asking another tribe to scrap theirs...else they should consult the local priest and perform necessary rites so the body can be take away.
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by zicky(m): 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
saintdennis:

+ he sounded unnigerian and unafrican by calling simple superstitious tradition diabolical cos it's not his tribes tradition...thats why I referenced his ethnicity.

This issue is simple(be honest with yourself) the idanre people have more right to insist the body is buried there since its their home!

To show their maturity they agreed to go to his home town to inform HIS PEOPLE of their decision... his people (if they are serious) are supposed to follow the delegation back and find a way to carry out some rituals so as to exempt her body then take it with them back...#simple.

Like I said his people should first scrap their tradition b4 asking another tribe to scrap theirs...else they should consult the local priest and perform necessary rites so the body can be take away.
idanre people have more right to the body can you hear yourself, Nobody except the said husband or family members has right to her body, if the lady was someone relating to you will you be saying same thing?
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by saintdennis(m): 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
zicky:
idanre people have more right to the body can you hear yourself, Nobody except the said husband or family members has right to her body, if the lady was someone relating to you will you be saying same thing?

Lols guy i'm very neutral in alotta cases...even fam cases.

Is the man even LEGALLY married to her? The. Post tells us he isn't her recognised husband.

Also he knows if he goes against the communities wishes then he becomes persona-non grata and has to leave.

Seriously u misunderstood my point which is that the guys people don't seem to be serious about this cos i've been made to believe there's always a 'way out' of traditional issues.

It's simple negotiation...like they agree to drop murder case or sacrifice goat etc no b today.
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by highmood(m): 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
The Akwa Ibom community unfortunately may not win this one. The body lies in Idanre and it won't be released. They should just let sleeping dogs lie, bury their kin and afterwards ensure the tree cutter is prosecuted. Its unfortunate that's what happens when you live in another man's land. You need to abide by the rules considering you are now a "2nd class citizen" of the State. Life happens. RIP Justina
I pity the idanre community that insist the corpse will not be taken home for proper burial. Its risky for them.
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
kstix:

is fredrick an igbo or hausa name? Its an english name. Because of vast western civilization especially when awolowo forced ppl to go to school. Alot of those folks where given english names and also christian english names due to the missionaries then.
He should use his native name, dat represents the title he occupies.
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by cooooooks(m): 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
She should never have died.

She was sent away from one hospital and died in the next.

We need small satellite clinic enters in our rural communities.
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2016
Wellcome to nigeria A backwards country full of zombies who believes in cultures and religious nonsense.
it's funny how they never achieve anything positive with their ignorant and foolish cultures and Religious believes. The mind boggles angry
The stupid tree cutter left them for death, how does he sleep at night knowing that he could have helped save the woman tomorrow when okada kills him in an accident we will come on here to feel sorry for him.
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
saintdennis:

Lols guy i'm very neutral in alotta cases...even fam cases.

Is the man even LEGALLY married to her? The. Post tells us he isn't her recognised husband.

Also he knows if he goes against the communities wishes then he becomes persona-non grata and has to leave.

Seriously u misunderstood my point which is that the guys people don't seem to be serious about this cos i've been made to believe there's always a 'way out' of traditional issues.

It's simple negotiation...like they agree to drop murder case or sacrifice goat etc no b today.
Absolutely! Negotiation! (Money) works always, The keys to unlock any kinda Religious or traditional dispute, unless perhaps the guy do not have the cash! I am assuming
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by Gkemz: 1:41am On Jul 24, 2016
Let them toss a coin to determine which tradition prevails above.
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 24, 2016
Oh, Nigeria! My heart bleeds!
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by ehikwe22: 8:07am On Jul 24, 2016
saintdennis:

Stop saying what you don't know. Whose name is Igbo? And stop being a tribal bigot. You think someone has right over the dead body of someone all because she lived and died in their community? Can't believe how some people think.
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by saintdennis(m): 8:20am On Jul 24, 2016
ehikwe22:
Stop saying what you don't know. Whose name is Igbo? And stop being a tribal bigot. You think someone has right over the dead body of someone all because she lived and died in their community? Can't believe how some people think.

Ok mr ehikwe22... WHAT TRIBE ARE YOU??
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by marxwellerr247(m): 8:43am On Jul 24, 2016
This is more than the ordinary eyes or senses can perceive, 1. how com the woman came 2 DAT tree cutting spot at d time d tree was falling,

2. The ppl cutting the tree should ve made a perimeter clearance within d spot,

3. The sound of the cutting machine should be scared d woman or possibly d woman never thought of tree falling on her hence she falsely relied on the expertise of those handling d job.

4. the wood cutter could have saved her, if he had not ran away

MY THOUGHTS

The tree in question might be an evil tree where certain ppl go 2 per4m rituals

The tree might have bn under some kind of ownership contention

hmn ! !

Finally the woman could have bn under some remote control by ritualists

" Evil Society - --- bring a pregnant woman and ur riches will increase------- devils msg "

Put ur trust in God Almighty ! !

May God have mercy on us ! !
Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by Cutehector(m): 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2016
zicky:
here is the link to the voting thread. please vote falconey. thanks so much.
https://www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination/12

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo) by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 12, 2016
asdfjklhaha:
Hmmm
So you had the effontery to report me to the mods so they can ban me abi? I will deal with you in my own way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breast Touching Festival In Singapore / Ooni Of Ife Begins Plan To Take Another Wife, 24 Hours After Marrying New Wife / Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.