Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,301 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Dear Nigerian Feminist - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dear Nigerian Feminist (561 Views)

We Should All Be Feminist / Dear Nigerian Feminist / Why I Am Not A Feminist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nigerian Feminist by dghostwriter: 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
I don't know if I'm a feminist, maybe the word feminist has been so abused in Nigeria that I don't want a slice of its sour, tasteless crumbs in my mouth, spits.

These crop of feminist are withered, the proverbial rooting out and casting into the fire must commence, you can all take your sagged boobs away from the protest scene, the party is over now.

Once upon a time, I wanted to be a feminist, I having firm beliefs, making my own money, and taking appropriate stands, I should understand just how cool feminism sounds.
Its not just about a human being portraying their immortality, no, its about a woman being recognized for something other than a thick ass and big boobs. Its about a revolution, yes. At least, until it came to the land of the shamelessly skewed, then it wasn't anymore, the recessions had struck it, its value depreciated, goodbye competence!

These breeds of Nigerian feminist are confused! They stay fighting all the wrong battles believing themselves to be in a competition with men, do you have a dick? No? Sit the Bleep down!

Feminist are women, women who stand for women, women that understand the politics behind equality, equity, and gender roles...just cause you are thirty and unmarried don't mean you are a feminist, could be the next cat lady in the making...don't confuse yourself!

Feminist are women willing to give men a run for their money, they are neither intimidated by nor in a competition with men! Being quick to yell the 'I will not cook and clean anthem' doesn't make you a feminist, it makes you confused, please get your facts straight!

There are millions of feminist happily married to men, take your bitter, lonely self away from the scene! If you can't live with a man that loves and respects you, you my dear are a terrorist! Poof be gone!

I'm tired! Tired of unnecessary ranting from girls who can't feed themselves shouting feminist! Tired of girls who wished they had dicks shouting feminist, go get a surgery done!

Dear Nigerian feminist, please get your facts straight! Feminism isn't about showing how much of an uneducated retard you are on social media, no.
Its not about competing with balls, no.
Its not about being single at thirty five, no.
Its not about not cooking or cleaning a damn house, no.
Its definitely not about wishing yourself to be a man, hell no.

Its something more, its a revolution, its girl power! Its women for women! Its women owning the world for the right reasons, its showing the men how to behave, its making the world a 'she', its making impressive statements in technology, education, art, and what not. I repeat its a damn revolution one that has nothing to do with not cooking, Bleep if you are hungry cook! If you are in love,be!, if you want to be married, do! Its not a life without men, its a life of equality, equity, and respect. Drop your pitchforks, you are not in a battle with men!

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Feminist by Essence6055: 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2016
Before you start putting thoughts in womens head... remember that feminism and all this events... are the no.1 promoters of STDs as women are more ready to sleep with a man due to love then ever (because they now see themselves equal to men and are more open) ....
Re: Dear Nigerian Feminist by DivaFiva: 12:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
I like how you put it.
But people will always be people and what we'd rather do is take advantage of events, people, relationships and even religion when it suits us.
And, to me that's no reason to chastise feminism...because like you, I think it's cool. Hell, it's sexy!

If you can speak to those girls you speak of so they get it right.
Re: Dear Nigerian Feminist by DivaFiva: 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
Essence6055:
Before you start putting thoughts in womens head... remember that feminism and all this events... are the no.1 promoters of STDs as women are more ready to sleep with a man due to love then ever (because they now see themselves equal to men and are more open) ....
What are you scared of? That women will be sexual beings who take charge of their sexual lives??
Will that leave you in the dust
STD na your own?? How e take affect you??

(1) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi-: 21st Century Quintessential Post Modernist Monarch / Spanish Illegal Immigrant Looks For A US Green Card On A Metro-watch Video Here / See What These Igbo Masquerades Are Up To On New Year Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.