Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

"Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) (49696 Views)

Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State / $600m Jets’ Deal Raises US Imports Of Nigeria’s Crude / Foreign Refineries To Stop Buying Nigeria’s Crude Oil Due To NDA Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by christal101(m): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2016
Kollyman:

I beg to disagree....!

The problem of Niger Delta is not the government but the leaders and their elders!

I don't know if you stayed in that region before then you would understand what Jonathan mean by "stealing is not corruption".

Everyone you see making noise in that region are not interested in the well-being of the region but they only want to get their share of the national cake and relocate!

Jonathan was there for 6yrs, what was his achievement for the region?

Timpolo, Asari, boyloff, Orubebe, Clark to mention but a few, what was their contribution towards the development of that region? All those guys I mentioned are billionaires, how do they get their money?

ND should go and put their house in order
[s]
Kollyman:

I beg to disagree....!

The problem of Niger Delta is not the government but the leaders and their elders!

I don't know if you stayed in that region before then you would understand what Jonathan mean by "stealing is not corruption".

Everyone you see making noise in that region are not interested in the well-being of the region but they only want to get their share of the national cake and relocate!

Timpolo, Asari, boyloff, Orubebe, Clark to mention but a few, what was their contribution towards the development of that region? All those guys I mentioned are billionaires, how do they get their money?

[/s]
Kollyman:

I beg to disagree....!

I don't think u r from ND,get ur facts right!
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by kaball32: 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
Efirayin sile
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by highmood(m): 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
agrovick:

It's funny you discarded the points he raised while focusing on inconsequential maths. I served in one of these oil communities and I can confidently say leadership at community level is one of the major things causing unrest in that region. The FG cannot be left out too.
now you are making a point. I served in one of those communists in Ogbia and I passed through the narrow swampy road beside those oil wells in oloibiri to my PPA. Its just two route to my PPA; one is through the creek that takes up to 1hr30mins while the other is the swampy bush part takes almost the same time depending on the season. So, I have been and heard from some repented militants and thier elders in that community where I served. The government both federal, state and local government are first guilty of negligence. I really pitied that community members. It is a case of the Rich also Cry. If the government at all levels had wanted to develop those communities they can but they took the easier option of bribing the leaders just to drill the oil.

1 Like

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Greenback: 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
evilapc:
If care is not taken, that is how the whole of ND will be in the nearest future, while the north and its people will be like london,... this is singular reason, why the one Nigerians parasites keep screaming unity, they want to destroy the whole of ND

God shall deliver us from the zoo and its zombies especially those highly sophisticated betraying extra zombies who never learn from being scapegoats and from history..
The ND money in their possesion and allll it has gotten them @ the expense of the niger deltans will be an unbearable plague unto them all...
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Orikinla(m): 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
My summary of their woes is undisputable.
They are the ones responsible for their self- inflicted woes.
Until they repent, they will continue to suffer from their own greed and wickedness.
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by BankeSmalls(f): 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
bayelsaowei:
where are you from...state and town...

Ikare ekiti,
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by princetom1(m): 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
ndcide:

For you to quote GEJ and say "stealing is not corruption" shows that you are not sincere. Because that statement have been explained over and over again.

Sorry we all support and have soft spot for one political movement or the other and we all do so hypocritically. So that line can't hold water.. Finally, my earlier post still stands.

Good luck. Don't expect everyone to be like u. Read former post from me. Is good u admit u are being an hypocrite sha, i rest my case
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by agrovick(m): 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
highmood:
now you are making a point. I served in one of those communists in Ogbia and I passed through the narrow swampy road beside those oil wells in oloibiri to my PPA. Its just two route to my PPA; one is through the creek that takes up to 1hr30mins while the other is the swampy bush part takes almost the same time depending on the season. So, I have been and heard from some repented militants and thier elders in that community where I served. The government both federal, state and local government are first guilty of negligence. I really pitied that community members. It is a case of the Rich also Cry. If the government at all levels had wanted to develop those communities they can but they took the easier option of bribing the leaders just to drill the oil.
I totally agree with you as regards the government part, it's just that people here have chosen to ignore the fact that greed on the part of ND elders and representatives are a contributing factor to the rot. Like someone postulated earlier, if all the agencies set up are not functioning properly, then government should start handling developmental projects solely without involving these thieving agencies/leaders
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by princetom1(m): 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
Legitbaba:

No dey never got it from business...they got it from u...what do u even understand by business?? So selling ur own properties is nt a business?? Or securing a pipeline surveillance contract is not a business??

I laugh in mandarine. Sentiment aside, wen did militant bcome security agent. Oga, pls, no more argument. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by nkemdi89(f): 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
Tomaxzyn1:
Oloibiri is a small community in Ogbia LGA located in
Bayelsa State, in the eastern Niger Delta region of Nigeria.

Nigeria first commercial oil discovery was made at (Otuabagi/Otuogodi) in Oloibiri district by Shell Darcy Cooperation on Sunday 15th January, 1956.

The well was completed in June 1956 dug to a depth of 12,008ft.

THE MISCONCEPTION
The location/site of this discovery is being credited to Oloibiri, but Otuabagi/Otuogodi are the actual places where this discovery and subsequent oil wells happened and constructed.

Oloibiri had the credit of this history to its name because it was the areas' district HQ at the time. This made the company name it after Oloibiri as seen in the photos.

----------------------

These are pics of this historic Nigeria Oil well that happened to be the onset of riches to some, and intense poverty to others. The discovery on that fateful Weekend in 1956 has proven to us a blessing and an immense curse over the years. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

--------------------------

Hmmn..the Oil Well Finally dried up earlier this year..after 60yrs of infrastructural Nothingness in the communities that beget the Mineral resource.

So far, nothin but strife in these regions has got to show for it.

Oil was first discovered in commercial quantity in imo state at iho in ikeduru local government in 1937, that was why shell camp was built, unfortunately it was abandoned due to owerri politics and too much emphasis on land availability.
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Greenback: 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
Kollyman:

I beg to disagree....!

the same way Abuja put its house in order and was developed overnight,huh? Its obvious u ppl have no sympathy for the niger deltans at all when u sound like this....it means if consequences like the oil drying up happens,u guys will say t'was their elders and leaders,as if they had control of their Godgiven resources over the decades..to imagine that 97 peeps ''liked" ur post so far! Smh..
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by willibounce1(m): 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
agrovick:

I totally agree with the bold, let's hope when that day comes when we have a leader that can be bold enough to do this, people won't start screaming marginalization without looking at the big picture.

God bless Nigeria

Unfortunately tompolo, asari and the other greedy militants won't want the FG to develop anything without going through them and giving them money. They'll prefer to bomb pipelines and get amnesty rather than see the govt develop the ND. If the FG develops ND today, asari, tompolo and his fellow clowns won't have any excuse to bank on for destroying pipelines and they'll lose the support of their gullible followers.

That's why they keep bombing and don't want govt to do anything. They want free money.

1 Like

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by guychidile: 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
this area supposed to be beautified .QED
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by breakeven: 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
Wickedness in high places. They exploit the oil and live the place in ruins without any form of development.

1 Like

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by saintdennis(m): 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
evilapc:
If care is not taken, that is how the whole of ND will be in the nearest future, while the north and its people will be like london,... this is singular reason, why the one Nigerians parasites keep screaming unity, they want to destroy the whole of ND

North like london? Smh. I've not seen a pic of north that even resemble cape town
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Legitbaba(m): 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
agrovick:

The question is what has the Ministry of Niger Delta and the NDDC plus the 13% oil derivative achieved?

This is what I hate most....what are u talking about What has the federal govt. Done with the remaining percentage?? What has Nigeria achieved since after the white men left us?? Nothing, absolutely nothing. We are still grappling with same issues of, "no light" no this, no that....we have people suffering in every parts of the country.. wether in Lagos or Abuja.... even as the fed. Govt is taking the larger chunk of the proceeds from oil..
.the Niger Delta Is in a seemingly worse state because of the terrain and the endless oil pollutions..which deserve endless developmental strides...
Nothing is gonna work when the mega watts generated in omoku is taken to federal grid before being re distributed to rivers state, nothing will work when Ekiti state is waiting for the month to run out to go to Abuja for their pay without working...yet ull have the guts to call the Niger Deltan people lazy

We can't fight our state govts. Or elders because they don't control the police, or military which is supposed to give us security. We can't fight our state govts. Because they have no direct influence on how oil companies should or shouldn't operate...we can't fight our state govts because they only get what d federal govt decides and not necessarily what they deserved....

Just leave us alone... make every body answer him papa name, since u guys said we are even too lazy to work...allow us to die in our laziness....just leave us alone thats what we want

1 Like

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by nusirat(m): 6:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
The question to ask, is where is oil royalty collected by community, ?, where is the OMPADEC, money, where is 13%, derivatives, if we can account for this why blaming the federating units when we that his concern with well being of our people, are their problems , Though the Federal Government I to blame for all this as the govt. Is not hold anybody accountable for welfare of the people, but instead looking for political associate, loot assistance and corrupt friends.

Let's wise up and stop damages our environment in the name of agitation because 'Tidi ba baje, to ni di londa.' meaning if your yang spoilt it becomes your burden.
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by damocool(m): 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
ojialo:

keep blaming Jonathan, when did we discovered oil in Nigeria? when did that oil well began operation? I guess Jonathan was the president then till 2015.

Keep deceiving yourself.
Not blaming GEJ though, but this is not about was he the one since then till now, he should at least made a difference. He should at least passed the test others failed..
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by CallMeNJay: 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
Nice thread @ OP.

I was thinking of doing a more detailed thread about Oloibiri /Otuogidi /Ogbia Town.

Will still create my own thread with more details and recent pictures.

I currently serve in this Community and it is nothing to write home About. No good road, (In fact to access road to Otuogidi), No Water facility, No light(For over 5 years +),No Hospital, Poor Schools, NYSC corpers run from being posted there... You can't even get MTN network. That's how bad.

In sane environments this area would have been a little dubai but the goose that laid the golden egg can't boast of a shining feather. Yet the govt expect youths in that area to be supportive??

1 Like

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Deepfreezer(m): 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2016
Kollyman:

I beg to disagree....!

let me first of all say you're a big FOOL.
Then back to da issue at hand. Jonathan spent only 5 years in office, while the northerners has been ruling Nigeria for over 50years before he came on. Will he develop ND overnight? The maritime university he initiated has been tossed to the side. Its a Cold world they say. But one day the truth shall prevail in this fvcked up zoo.
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by wristbangle: 6:35pm On Jul 23, 2016
Very archaic and depressing view sad
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Deepfreezer(m): 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2016
CallMeNJay:
Nice thread @ OP.

I was thinking of doing a more detailed thread about Oloibiri /Otuogidi /Ogbia Town.

Will still create my own thread with more details and recent pictures.

I currently serve in this Community and it is nothing to write home About. No good road, (In fact to access road to Otuogidi), No Water facility, No light(For over 5 years +),No Hospital, Poor Schools, NYSC corpers run from being posted there... You can't even get MTN network. That's how bad.

In sane environments this area would have been a little dubai but the goose that laid the golden egg can't boast of a shining feather. Yet the govt expect youths in that area to be supportive??
please tag me when u put the post. Dont forget to get enough pictures let tge whole world know what's happening. Matter of fact a tv documentary on this community will be nice. Aint from ND but thats why the SE picked up arms to fight alongside our brothers. We share the same ideology, same marginalization, same err thang.

1 Like

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
mikeoh:

Leave Jonathan or leaders out of this, this is a town that lifted Nigerian government out of poverty they out to have huge federal government presence such as hospitals, roads, well equipped schools and lots of empowerment programme that will lift the inhabitants out of poverty
Nigeria was never poor. it has always been rich in natural resources and agriculture. Oil just made Nigerians lazy.

2 Likes

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by saintdennis(m): 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
Greenback:

the same way Abuja put its house in order and was developed overnight,huh? Its obvious u ppl have no sympathy for the niger deltans at all when u sound like this....it means if consequences like the oil drying up happens,u guys will say t'was their elders and leaders,as if they had control of their Godgiven resources over the decades..to imagine that 97 peeps ''liked" ur post so far! Smh..

Abuja is a federal capital territory...and yes they put their house in order.

Donald duke put his house in order too(cross rivers) look @ the marvelous things he did (especially in calabar) u would expect the next gov would maintain it then focus on the next big city but no he spent 8 clueless years there (if i'm wrong furnish me with details)

Today tinapa is a mess, obudu race was suspended, c/river is dirty (or not as clean as b4), @least calabar carnival still dey.

My point is purposeful leadership is very important, very very important and I look @ past ND leaders and cannot find anyone worth hailing. Maybe akpabio...maybe

No matter the amount of oil ND pumps out u can only develop a state(talkless region) via debts... abeg what have your iboris uduaghans,odilis,amaechis, attahs, imokes, alams, dicksons etc used the heavy state debt profiles to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Deepfreezer(m): 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
Legitbaba:

This is what I hate most....what are u talking about What has the federal govt. Done with the remaining percentage?? What has Nigeria achieved since after the white men left us?? Nothing, absolutely nothing. We are still grappling with same issues of, "no light" no this, no that....we have people suffering in every parts of the country.. wether in Lagos or Abuja.... even as the fed. Govt is taking the larger chunk of the proceeds from oil..
.the Niger Delta Is in a seemingly worse state because of the terrain and the endless oil pollutions..which deserve endless developmental strides...
Nothing is gonna work when the mega watts generated in omoku is taken to federal grid before being re distributed to rivers state, nothing will work when Ekiti state is waiting for the month to run out to go to Abuja for their pay without working...yet ull have the guts to call the Niger Deltan people lazy

We can't fight our state govts. Or elders because they don't control the police, or military which is supposed to give us security. We can't fight our state govts. Because they have no direct influence on how oil companies should or shouldn't operate...we can't fight our state govts because they only get what d federal govt decides and not necessarily what they deserved....

Just leave us alone... make every body answer him papa name, since u guys said we are even too lazy to work...allow us to die in our laziness....just leave us alone thats what we want
I feel yall pain bro. We from south East saw this earlier and started fight since 1966. We're still on course and will not sleep till people start doing things the right way. The oil belongs to niger delta let em have control over their resources, They always mock us and talk about how we were slaughtered during the war. Let em know we dont die we multiply.

1 Like

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by kastroud(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
ogb5:

Is your hatred for the Niger delta inbuilt or was it acquired?

How did Jonathan's rule of 2010 to 2015 equal 6 yrs.

Did you get F9 in maths?
idiot see who is talking ehhhhh
2010-1
2011-2
2012-3
2013-4
2014-5
2016-6
the way u think I won't be surprised to find out that buhari has a higher WAEC grade than you

2 Likes

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by gfullmoon(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
ojialo:

keep blaming Jonathan, when did we discovered oil in Nigeria? when did that oil well began operation? I guess Jonathan was the president then till 2015.

Keep deceiving yourself.

He just made a point. If a son of the soil of Niger Delta shall rule Nigeria even for 1 year let alone 5 years without doing anything good for Niger Delta tangible to address the environmental hazard and poverty in the region outside unbridled primitive looting. What do you expect from a stranger? Miracle abi? Niger Deltans should cover their face in shame for their "hero" GEJ's achievements in Niger Delta. PMB is cleaning Ogoni what your hero never remembered.

Niger Delta problem is not all about Nigerian governments but the attitudes of most of their so called leaders and youths. Niger Delta is a place that MNCs are asked to settle them or pay "matching ground fee " or "protection fee" before constructing road or building Schools for the villagers. And if the MNCs mistakenly give it to their own son as a contract to build for his people , the money is gone. Is it not crazy that you demand for settlement before an infrastructures you are the sole beneficiary is sited. Their Traditional rulers collects monthly levy from MNCs to train their children in Schools abroad. Asari loved Niger Delta too much but his University is sited in Niger Republic not even in Niger Delta despite he got the money from Niger Delta. Once the leader of NDA and other Militant leaders make their Billion they will disappear like Tompolo, Asari, Boyloaf, Ateke Tom to enjoy the sweat of their hard won "labour". So Most of their Politicians though it's general in most regions collect FG Allocation including 13% Derivation and divert it to personal use. How can Bayelsa owe Civil servant salaries if not for diversion or embezzlement while some states with least Allocation and more population are not owing. Most Niger Deltans hate working but preffers to be monthly paid from proceed of corruption doing nothing. That's why Niger Delta have the highest number of Youth Cult and cult killing is rife .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
The Discovery of Oil LED to the Country dOOM
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by medpren: 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oil was discovered there more than 50 years ago but some simian apes are blaming 1 tenure GEJ after destroying the communities there.

What they are now saying the NDelta is this- "Since your GEJ couldn't fix the ND in 1 tenure, shut up and allow we fulanis and yorubas to keep destroying your land and taking your resources for the next 100 years."

It is only commonsensical to be pro-Avengers now.

2 Likes

Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Bright2(m): 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
Blaming Jonathan?
Good!

What you expect Jonathan to do avengers are now doing, we are no complaining.
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by yatty4emmanuel(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2016
If the Sout-southern states are not careful their fate may even be worse than oloibiri's.
Most if the youths are lazy as in, very lazy and entitled.
Give them job, they won't do.
They believe they should be given stipends running into millions by government and oil companies. Rubbish.

guy,you sound very anoing,but let me comport my self as a guy man by saying that,there is no job given to anybody anywhere here and they refused to work,the restiveness is due to no jobs,guy there is absolutely no job given to any one here,I am from the same Ogbia LGA OK.
Re: "Oloibiri" Where Nigeria's Crude Oil Was 1st Discovered And Drilled(photos) by Luvties(m): 6:59pm On Jul 23, 2016
mikeoh:

Leave Jonathan or leaders out of this, this is a town that lifted Nigerian government out of poverty they out to have huge federal government presence such as hospitals, roads, well equipped schools and lots of empowerment programme that will lift the inhabitants out of poverty

Jonathan was vice President and President of Nigeria for so many years just like PMB now whom you attack and pressure to make things right overnight. What did your son frm President did to better your life in the ND

Please you the ND's should blame your leaders and remedy your region inwardly and allow the President to lead in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Knew Umaru Yar’adua Was Ill - Obasanjo (Throwback Photos) / PDP Bus Going To Convention In Accident Along Abak (photos) / 7 Senators That Constitute 'Cabal' In The Senate - NigerianBulletin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.