Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State (8332 Views)

Where Nigeria Is Heading In The Next 10 Years - Osinbajo / ‘7 Wells Drilled In Bida Basin Show Signs Of Oil’ - Ramatu Yar’Adua / Ango Lied, Palm Oil Was Highest Revenue Earner @amalgamation-1914 Annual report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by iamhorny(m): 8:14am On Jul 31, 2017
But please wait ooo...why is Nigeria this wicked? why are we evil to ourselves... The first oil discovery and exploration in Africa and Nigeria was in Iho-Dimeze town in present day IMO state dated as far as 1930, yet it is never thought in history...We are always told it was oloibiri in Bayelsa which is false. Yes oloibiri was the first commercial discovery but it is wickedness because it denies the people of Iho that recognition in history. The spot is still there till today...next time i go to the village, i will visit the site to take pictures because Iho is a neighboring village, a stone throw from my village...

I swear, am even more angry with Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by Jeffrey12(m): 8:16am On Jul 31, 2017
It was at Araromi, a fishing coastal community in the western fringe of Ondo State towards its border with the Ijebu Yorubas of Ogun State, that oil was first discovered in 1908 by the German Bitumen Corporation.

Though this achievement was truncated as a result of the outbreak of the First World War in 1914...

thenationonlineng.net/oloibiri-versus-araromi-where-was-oil-first-discovered/

you juz dey vex for nfin....when you couldn't even backup ur claim wif link....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by success1smyn(m): 8:16am On Jul 31, 2017
you are angry with Nigeria?

who is Nigeria?
what is Nigeria?

or are you not a part?

5 Likes

Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2017
SORRY OP. THATS WHY BUHARI IS NOT BACK HOME.
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by iamhorny(m): 8:18am On Jul 31, 2017
Records even shows that Igbo areas in the so called Niger delta, produces most of the oil in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by Jostico: 8:25am On Jul 31, 2017
it's going to make front page but it's going to be switched into tribes and it's going to be OK Nigerians. love you all
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by NwaAmaikpe: 8:26am On Jul 31, 2017
shocked
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by mpianya39(m): 8:31am On Jul 31, 2017
Hmmmm.....and I'm still sharing the same zoo with them angry angry angry
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by Apawicked: 8:34am On Jul 31, 2017
Nigeria is built on lies
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by ijobaooorun(m): 8:50am On Jul 31, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by biliky: 9:06am On Jul 31, 2017
iamhorny:
Records even shows that Igbo areas in the so called Niger delta, produces most of the oil in Nigeria
please whats the source of this information? very revealing

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 31, 2017
Pls when will this ipob nonsense stop.

Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 31, 2017
This

Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by Markfemi: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2017
iamhorny:
But please wait ooo...why is Nigeria this wicked? why are we evil to ourselves... The first oil discovery and exploration in Africa and Nigeria was in Iho-Dimeze town in present day IMO state dated as far as 1930, yet it is never thought in history...We are always told it was oloibiri in Bayelsa which is false. Yes oloibiri was the first commercial discovery but it is wickedness because it denies the people of Iho that recognition in history. The spot is still there till today...next time i go to the village, i will visit the site to take pictures because Iho is a neighboring village, a stone throw from my village...

another biafran lie

Oloibiri Oilfield was discovered on Sunday 15 January 1956 by Shell Darcy. It was the first commercial oil discovery in Nigeria; this discovery ended 50 years of unsuccessful oil exploration in the country by various international oil companies and launched Nigeria into the limelight of the Petro-Stat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oloibiri_Oilfield
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by AuroraB(f): 10:18am On Jul 31, 2017
beamtopola:
This
There's a difference. Oloibiri's was Commercial Quantity.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by ayokellany: 10:40am On Jul 31, 2017
tongue
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by ayokellany: 10:42am On Jul 31, 2017
iamhorny:

I hope you are not destined to die angry with Nigeria. There is nothing you or your forefather can do to change this n there nothing your unborn generation can do about it too. Just the way Azikwe planted Igbo as the first VC of UI. You will only end up dying angry n die angry you will with self persecution of your soul.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by iamhorny(m): 10:58am On Jul 31, 2017
beamtopola:
Pls when will this ipob nonsense stop.

Olodo, oloibiri was first commercial discovery, but Iho was the first overall discovery and first drilled..that is why shell camp in owerri established in 1948 is older than oloibiri.

Oil Prospecting in Nigeria: This began in Owerri before the second world war. The Second World War broke out and it was suspended. The war ended and shell D'arcy returned to Owerri in the forties of the last century to continue the oil prospecting hence the shell camp in Owerri. Shell was in Owerri up to the early sixties before moving to Port Harcourt when their level of technology could not continue oil drilling in Iho in Ikeduru LG.A of Imo state a few Kilometers away from Owerri. However, today there is a Chevron Rig in Owerri but not yet commissioned.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 31, 2017
Tell them also that the oil part of Rivers state was carved out from old Imo State; present day Imo and Abia states. The people living there are mainland Igbos; from old Imo state.
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by budusky05(m): 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
See drill floor na.
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by nototribalist: 1:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
If I hear sey afonjas come here
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by tinz: 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
Reason why history ain't thought in school is. Primarily cus igbos are the only people who can stand up to you and say it as it is. In my village present ohaji also ikwerre people oil was drilled back in 1940s. Also ikwerre are Igbos just like the ilajes are Yorubas
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by Michael004: 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
iamhorny:

Beautiful white lie. Even those that died during Noah time know that oil was first discovered in araromi area of ondo state.
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 31, 2017
The same spot that mentally deranged man was drinking beer in the other thread abi undecided
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by Newmanluckyman(m): 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
iamhorny:

...good one. Only God knows what this country and her evil macenary hid, stole from our people. Never again!

That's why I used to consistently say that there's a state sanctioned marginalization against our people.But God, history and divinity is largely on our side. Hence people talked about the resilience of the igbo people. It's simply extraordinary.
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by dreamwords: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2017

Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by dreamwords: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2017
After ijaw, Igbo has the largest reserve
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by Sagay212: 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2017
all these mumu arguments. Whether it was first discovered in jamaica imo or oloibiri haiti, what does the history add to your pocket. You people can be so phucking petty
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by Bacon21(m): 1:27am On Aug 01, 2017
iamhorny:

Your "records" are from nearly 51 years ago. Are you serious?
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by StOla: 1:32am On Aug 01, 2017
Everytime some people try to make tribal arguments about how the oil in their region was hidden to punish them, I always ask them the following basic questions that challenge their bigoted arguments and expose their idiocy to the whole world.

-When Oloibiri was discovered in January 1956 in present day Bayelsa, Was that Oloibiri located in the Western Region or Northern Region?

-If it was located in the Eastern Region, which tribe was dominating that region then?

-Who headed the government of that Eastern Region if not an Igbo called Nnamdi Azikiwe?

- Are we then saying that Nnamdi Azikiwe knew there was oil in an Igbo region, but connived with the usual Yoruba suspects who are responsible for all the Igbo's problems, and decided to portray an Ijaw section of the same Eastern region as the pioneer of petroleum production in Nigeria?

-In an era where the derivation formula was touted to be 50% : 50% between the federal government and regional government, and the Eastern region determined not to have the minorities liberated like was done on the Western region to create the Midwest region, who benefitted from oil being first produced in Oloibiri, or Eket, or Umuahia, or Owerri, all in the same Eastern region?

-What would the British federal government of that time care if the oil was first explored in Igbo land or Ijaw land, when both land belong to the same Eastern region government dominated by the Igbos?

Of what particular pain is it to the Igbos that oil was first discovered in Oloibiri and not Igboland, when either location would have still brought oil income to the same Eastern region?

What stopped an Azikiwe led Eastern region from sponsoring the exploration in Igboland, if Shell was defiant that it would pursue petroleum in Oloibiri instead of the Igboland section of same Eastern region? Because oil was drilled for then at Iho-Dimeze in present Imo state or originally at Araromi in present Ondo state prior to Oloibiri, did not mean anything substantial was found, nor does it take away the status of Oloibiri as the first commercially viable well in the history of Nigeria to be produced and to generate income for both the federal government and the Igbo led Eastern government.

Besides, historical records suggest that while Shell D'arcy was prospecting for oil in Oloibiri, it's operations base was in Owerri in present Imo state which is the same state the OP has claimed the oil well at Iho-Dimeze is. So Shell just loved to sit on a pile of known crude oil deposits within the Igboland section, while venturing into a possible unknown outcome in Oloibiri?

The great Awolowo, did not wait for any multinational firm to come build the tallest building in West Africa then in Ibadan, nor did he wait for any multinational firm to come start the first African television station in Western Nigeria?

So who exactly is responsible for ignoring Igboland oil and pursuing Ijawland oil instead, in the build-up to the January 1956 discovery?

Who hated the Igbo then? Was it Shell or the British run federal government, or the Igbo run Eastern regional government?

Igbos should learn to stop shedding crocodile tears and always being desirous of being a persecuted victim in all national debates.

Persecution/Victim complex is a psychiatric disease.
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by WhoRUDeceiving: 4:47am On Aug 01, 2017
The so-called Nigger(oops Niger) Delta that has been used to divide and confuse former e-jots (thank goodness they have woken up) was first used to describe Imo state region...How interesting.
Re: Picture Of Where Nigeria's First Crude Oil Was Drilled In Imo State by Mckennedy: 9:32am On Aug 01, 2017
Jeffrey12:
It was at Araromi, a fishing coastal community in the western fringe of Ondo State towards its border with the Ijebu Yorubas of Ogun State, that oil was first discovered in 1908 by the German Bitumen Corporation.

Though this achievement was truncated as a result of the outbreak of the First World War in 1914...

thenationonlineng.net/oloibiri-versus-araromi-where-was-oil-first-discovered/

you juz dey vex for nfin....when you couldn't even backup ur claim wif link....

For the doubting Thomas dem :https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ihuo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Target Groups: See What A British Scholar Wrote About Igbo, Yoruba And Fulani / We Won’t Relent Till Kanu Regains Freedom — Ohaneze Assures Ndigbo / Uzodinma Presents N381bn Budget To Imo Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.