Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. (1224 Views)

Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters / The Reasons Haters Hate President Jonathan / Jonathan Is Working, Haters Are Talking! (New Images Are Added Daily) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by adconline(m): 1:36am On Dec 06, 2006
Scenarios
- Few years ago I met a Kenyan who said so many things  bad about Naija, even to the extent of thinking that every Nigerian stole oil money. He said that his father would  be angry if he knew that he was my buddy and finally we did some business he cheated me. He talked much about corruption in Naija even though his country has always maintained almost the same ranking on TI.

Recently I met a Somalian who called Naija a country of fraudsters. I engaged him in heated argument and found out that  he did not know much about Nigeria. He was comfortable  with the wars in his country despite the fact that Somalia has never had a  government for the past 18 years. He later admitted  that Nigerians are  too smart but  always  with  deceptive intentions
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:41am On Dec 06, 2006
and you blame them for thinking this because, ?
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by adconline(m): 1:44am On Dec 06, 2006
Kenya is as corrupt as Naija, like kettle calling pot charcoal. Its better to be a Nigerian than a Somalian, 18yrs without a central government- God forbid bad thing.
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by ikamefa(f): 1:45am On Dec 06, 2006
@ topic this people seem to be ignorant!

its the same way anyone could say all south Africans are rapist and have aids

everybody from Iraq is a terrorist

thats stereotyping.
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by Ndipe(m): 4:03am On Dec 06, 2006
Engaging in a heated discussion over someone with a flawed opinion of Nigeria is not worth it. You should have just ignored him. Aint worth it to debate over such an inconsequential topic.

However, that guy might beat you to it, by updating you on the recent arrests of Nigerians in Houston for Medicaid fraud.
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by Bolarge(m): 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2006
Prejudice is a widespread disease.
 Wisdom & maturity provide a cure for those humble enough to admit they are afflicted by it.
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by exu(m): 1:25pm On Dec 06, 2006
I thought all South Africans were rapists, with AIDS.

Seriously though. One thing I've noticed is that even those who profess to despise Nigerians will always say how 'clever' and intelligent Nigerians in general are.
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by LoverBwoy(m): 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2006
exu:

I thought all South Africans were rapists, with AIDS.

Seriously though. One thing I've noticed is that even those who profess to despise Nigerians[b] will always say how 'clever' and intelligent Nigerians in general are.[/b]

that might be one of the reason why they despise Nigerians; the fact that Nigerians are clever and intelligent in general but hardwork and long term goals is usually not part of their cleverness
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by Afam(m): 4:02pm On Dec 06, 2006
What do you expect when Nigerians break a lot of academic records in the developed world?

Sometimes, it is sheer envy and jealousy.

Nigeria has its own share of bad guys but those who complain the most have worse stories to tell.

419 is something that is done by 2 people not 1, so is the collaborator the good guy?

Over 70% of all online scams have nothing to do with Nigeria yet the average american that does not even know that Africa is a continent and not a country will ignorantly say rubbish about what he/she knows very little about.
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by nilla(f): 4:11pm On Dec 06, 2006
Over 70% of all online scams have nothing to do with Nigeria yet the average american that does not even know that Africa is a continent and not a country will ignorantly say rubbish about what he/she knows very little about.
well, what else can be expected, when thats what the media sells them.

There wouldn't even be a serious case of 419 if people weren't greedy.
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by BigB11(m): 4:13pm On Dec 06, 2006
Let me put it this way:

Nigerians are well educated, intelligent, don't like to settle for less, not scared of huge accomplishments, always find a way to make it happen, very creative in many ways, have sense of style, want nothing but the best and finally, always strive for more at all levels.

Please, my friends, do not pay these haters any attention. They love Nigerians more than anything, infact on a regular basis, some of them enjoy presenting selves as Nigerians to get positive attention from various societies.

Regardless of what may be going on in Nigeria or with Nigerians, none of them could touch Nigeria or Nigerians at any given time. I love Being a Nigerian; that's all I know how to be; I'm very privileged to be one and proud of it.

Pretty soon, folks from all over the world will be craving and begging to live in Nigeria.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by nilla(f): 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2006
Big B1:

Let me put it this way:

Nigerians are well educated, intelligent, don't like to settle for less, don't scared of huge accomplishments, always find a way to make it happen, very creative in many ways, have sense of style, want nothing but the best and finally, always strive for more at all levels.

Please, my friends, do not pay these haters any attention. They love Nigerians more than anything, infact on a regular basis, some of them enjoy presenting selves as Nigerians to get positive attention from various societies.

Regardless of what may be going on in Nigeria or with Nigerians, none of them could touch Nigeria or Nigerians at any given time. I love Being a Nigerian; that's all I know how to be; I'm very privileged to be one and proud of it.

Pretty soon, folks from all over the world will be craving and begging to live in Nigeria.

May God bless Nigeria.

exactly my sentiments smiley
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by exu(m): 4:17pm On Dec 06, 2006
[QUOTE]419 is something that is done by 2 people not 1, so is the collaborator the good guy?[/quote]

I find it hard to feel any sympathy for people caught up in the 419 nonsense.

My family has had numerous letters (before the internet) and emails asking for money in order to release funds that had been smuggled out of Nigeria. Every one of these correspondences was ignored because we knew:

a) it was too good to be true
b) it amounted to theft- we would have been helping thieves.

It takes a lot of cheek to complain about being conned by thieves when you yourself were trying to get a 'piece of the action'.
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by BigB11(m): 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2006
Nigerians are not bad. The incredible Nigerians over shadow the bad ones.

And keep in mind that every single society or country has bad fruits on the counter, hence don't you let anyone lie to you.
Keep your head up, stay strong and be proud.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Naijaphobia Or Naija Haters. by Afam(m): 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2006
And again Nigeria is extremely rich, forget the mismanagement of our resources and insincerity of purpose of our leaders.

I dare say Nigeria is one country that can survive on its own with its vast natural and human resources.

I only hope that we will get leaders that will strive to promote the interest of Nigeria and Nigerians above all other interests, only then will the world stop making use of the word potential when discussing Nigeria.

It is only unfortunate that some Nigerians (even those living in the so called developed world) are never confident enough to defend their being Nigerians, inferiority complex I guess.

I agree that Nigeria will become a dream destination for many, even as at today our airports are filled with foreigners that come to Nigeria with plans to stay for a long long time.

Just solve the leadership wahala and Nigeria will be the envy of the world.

(1) (Reply)

"inec Missing 3 Trucks Carrying Ballot Papers"-The Beginning Of Election Rigging / Ballot Papers Are Not Yet In Nigeria! / Obj Bags Doctorate Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.