Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,355 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara (16255 Views)

Support For Buhari: Aggrieved Reps Revolt Against Dogara / EFCC Grills Jibrin On Money Laundering / Jibrin On Channels TV. Talks About Budget Padding (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by Islie: 3:01pm On Jul 23, 2016
Abdulmunin Jibrin, former chairman of house committee on appropriations, says he is ready to substantiate his allegations against Yakubu Dogara, speaker of the federal house of representatives, and three other leaders of the house.

Following his removal as chairman of appropriations committee, Jibrin had accused Dogara; Yusuf Lasun, deputy speaker; Alhassan Ado Doguwa, house whip; and Leo Ogor, house minority leader, of padding the 2016 budget with N40 billion.

In a statement released through his lawyers on Friday, Jibrin urged the lower chamber to institute a special investigation so that he would have the opportunity to “testify and provide evidence against them”.

“The above quartet have resorted to blackmail our client into silence and to further harass his person and family using the instrument of the obstructive coercion and perversion of due process by deploying, albeit illegally some elements of the Nigeria Police,” read the statement.

“You will recall that our client is in dispute with the said quartet over his refusal and inability to admit into the National Budget of 2016, the sum of about 30 Billion Naira at the behest of these quartet and also his refusal to cover up the decision of Speaker Dogara and others’ unilateral decision to distribute to themselves 40 Billion Naira out of the 100 Billion Naira allocated to the entire National Assembly in addition to what our client considers as wasteful projects of over 20 Billion Naira to their (quartet) various constituencies.

“We now have it on good authority that these quartet acting in concert are at the moment using some elements within the police to monitor, harass, intimidate and hound our client into an unwarranted detention with the purpose of inhibiting his right to move freely and to express himself as contained in Chapter 4 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).

“The purpose of their antics is to upturn the narrative and paint our client as the black sheep in the flock, and cleverly presenting themselves as transparent angels.

“Accordingly, we have made appropriate representations to the Inspector General of Police and other relevant security agencies in the Country drawing their attention to this unwarranted and ill-intentioned steps taken by these quartet and not to allow themselves (security agencies) to be used to execute the personal objectives of these quartet; more so appropriate legal action has been taken by our client, as a law abiding citizen, to protect his fundamental rights as guaranteed by our laws.

“Finally, we hasten to advise Speaker Dogara and the 3 other principal officers mentioned here not to descend to the narrow aim of dragging the institution of the House of Representatives into their personal fight and to note that by virtue of the institution he leads and as a lawyer, he should act within the confines of the Rule of Law and allow the House of Representatives to institute a special investigation into this matter where our client will have the opportunity earlier denied him by the quartet to testify and provide evidence against them because he who comes to equity must come with clean hands.”

https://www.thecable.ng/jibrin-on-n40bn-budget-allegation-im-ready-to-provide-evidence-against-dogara

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
Provide d evidence or forever remain silent

1 Like

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by pode(m): 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
Apc with their own wahala

19 Likes

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by Redoil: 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
Govt of mad people by mad people for mad people. My south west brother una see the people una carry for head like gala and laccasera

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by dunkem21(m): 3:15pm On Jul 23, 2016
grin No comment

cheesy
Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by EdCure: 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
Any wonder why Dogara, Saraki and their cohorts are incurably corrupt, and why they were foisted on Nigerians by the PDP?

To think that any sane Nigerian will support these reprobate elements who blatantly disregard our collective interest solely to satisfy their atavistic megalomania is the height of bewilderment.

25 Likes

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
Jibrin should stop dithering and spill the beans. He has been made the villain in this case and needs to turn the tables on his adversaries.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
EdCure:
Any surprise why Dogara, Saraki and their cohorts are incurably corrupt? And why they were foisted on Nigerians by the PDP?
Foisted on Nigerians by the PDP? When did they become members of the party? Besides, you obviously didn't see the elections that produced the two men on TV. They would not have emerged without the votes of members of their party.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by LouisVanGaal(m): 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
EdCure:
Any surprise why Dogara, Saraki and their cohorts are incurably corrupt? And why they were foisted on Nigerians by the PDP?
I love that word 'FOISTED'...it's really pathetic...APC got paid back by Tambuwal's deja vu back in 2011..there should be a law enacted PREVENTING the minority lawmakers in both chambers from electing either the speaker or SP...cos these Dogara and Saraki episode wouldn't end it..

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by EdCure: 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
bejeiodus:
Foisted on Nigerians by the PDP? When did they become members of the party? Besides, you obviously didn't see the elections that produced the two men on TV. They would not have emerged without the votes of members of their party.
You're not arguing that these treacherous boneheads were the APC's nominees for the National Assembly leadership, are you?
What party ensured their emergence, and what party make up the core of Saraki/Ekweremadu/Dogara defenders in and out of the parliament?

10 Likes

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
EdCure:

You're not arguing that these treacherous boneheads were the APC's nominees for the National Assembly leadership, are you?
What party ensured their emergence, and what party make up the core of Saraki/Ekweremadu/Dogara defenders in and out of the parliament?
Lawmakers are grown adults who enjoy the inalienable right to elect their presiding officers. The APC has not right whatsoever to dictate to a multiparty National Assembly how to conduct its affairs. This was the argument of the ACN when Tambuwa was elected, remember? The PDP only took a leaf out ACN's book.

Ekweremandu emerged as the DSP because many senators chose to acknowledge the plurality of the Senate and ensure inclusiveness.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by omenka(m): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
These two nutcases should just stfu already! They both bore me to death. Both of una na thieves. angry

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
'SAINTS' IN A DIRTY FIGHT (season 2) Grab your copy!! Like joke like joke APC madness don dey enter market oo!

6 Likes

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by VampireeM(f): 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
He should make the so called evidence he has been ranting about public so lets hear word! Both Jibrin and Dogara are guilty of the budget padding just that he is the scape goat who got caught. He should ve said the truth earlier not when he was sacked and now wants Nigerians to pity him. Saint Corrupt APC politicians and Lies are like 5 and 6

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by Chanchit: 10:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
Dogara don buy market. I hope the evidence is not encrypted inside fairy tale jungle. we dey wait.

1 Like

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by Ewedusoup(m): 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by Lanretoye(m): 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
this corruption get mind o,as dem dey fight am him self dey fight back.

7 Likes

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by arch111(m): 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
ok oo
Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by MzPecs(f): 10:28pm On Jul 23, 2016
Chanchit:
do
Do what? grin grin grin
Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by thinkdip(m): 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
Evil party with no shame at all, too demonic and devilish.
as for me and my house hold we would vote against them.
Click "like" if you will vote against APC in 2019 or click "share" if you think they deserve a second term

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by Chanchit: 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
MzPecs:

Do what? grin grin grin

Gara!
Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by Beehshorp(m): 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2016
My people.. Is there any government more corrupt than dis our present administration?

8 Likes

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by murphyibiam15(m): 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
bejeiodus:
Lawmakers are grown adults who enjoy the inalienable right to elect their presiding officers. The APC has not right whatsoever to dictate to a multiparty National Assembly how to conduct its affairs. This was the argument of the ACN when Tambuwa was elected, remember? The PDP only took a leaf out ACN's book.

Ekweremandu emerged as the DSP because many senators chose to acknowledge the plurality of the Senate and ensure inclusiveness.
leave that guy.....either he lacks knowledge of the lower chambers and how dogara used just few votes to win femi gbajaabiamila or he's plainly been a poke....wetin concern pdp members and the fact that APC is corrupt and have been opposing themselves ....that guy need to really grow up

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by remigiusizunna(m): 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
Hon Patrick come and see o. sm1 is impersonating u
Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by MzPecs(f): 10:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
Chanchit:

Gara!
Whatever that means menh.. cheesy cheesy
Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by flokii: 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2016
So N40bn for just go like that when some pple never see 3 square meal chop

They should expose themselves biko.. No peace for the wicked

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by Onasa22: 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2016
Oh, God have mercy on us!
Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by 01mcfadden(m): 11:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
APC wont stop disrupting this nation with their dramas. More than a year after Buhari was sworn in, they still play the roles of opposition. Bunch of rubble rousers!

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by JCKA23: 12:01am On Jul 24, 2016
flokii:
So N40bn for just go like that when some pple never see 3 square meal chop

They should expose themselves biko.. No peace for the wicked
ppl like you are very myopic and don't know anything, for your information padding in budget isn't stealing, is a way of putting some special projects in favour of your constituency
Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by holadguy(m): 12:06am On Jul 24, 2016
Following
Re: Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara by flokii: 12:10am On Jul 24, 2016
JCKA23:
ppl like you are very myopic and don't know anything, for your information padding in budget isn't stealing, is a way of putting some special projects in favour of your constituency

Myopic how??

Is it a legal way? Then why are they accusing one another. The whole thing looks like fraud to me.. I dunno wat you mean by myopic.

The word "padding" sef is not cool..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ninth House Of Reps status: APC Has 211 Members, PDP 111- Punch newspaper / South-South APC Endorses Adams Oshiomhole For Position Of National Chairman / What We Discussed With Tinubu – Shekarau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.