Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC (59866 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Celestial Church Of Christ Pastor, His Wife & Son Die In Fatal Accident In Kogi / Police Seal Ogun Celestial Church Where 9 Year Old Boy Was Chained (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by abimic(m): 10:01am On Jul 24, 2016
missyadorable:
Nobody takes care of a child like his biological mother
If he was properly fed,he won't resort to stealing pot of soup
God,pls keep me alive for my children's sake.Lest they suffer in the hands of a wicked step mother and a careless father
Nobody takes care of a child like his or her biological mother, as much honesty is read to that statement, it's not always true, some step Mothers are very nice, Good and would even take care of step children than their biological mothers would. Some mothers are wicked, very wicked and I've read enough on papers. For some step mothers being nice, loving, kind hearted, I'm a living witness but such step moms are rare but not totally impossible, u wouldn't even know it's their step child. Some house maids are even treated nicely than how some people treat their biological children, so individual differences come to play and u can't Generalize.
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Afrokan(m): 10:04am On Jul 24, 2016
delishpot:

One thing to notice is that when Jesus came, he taught mercy and love. He changed the way people translate the law and that was why the Jewish elders decided to do away with him. They want to stone an adulterous woman but Jesus said otherwise, they called themselves servants of God but Jesus said we are all sons of God, they frowned that he was sitting and dinning with sinners, they kept the Sabbath day Holly But Jesus said man was not made for the sabath. They hate Christians and they do not believe in the divinity of Christ. So the Bible, the part you are quoting, Christ would not have practiced or encouraged it.
So why the hatred toward homosexuals?Going by your logic If christ were alive he might have had an open homosexual amongst his deciples
Christians need to be more like christ, that guy is cool
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 24, 2016
ronald4lif:
The hypocrisy of Christians is alarming. When a crime involves them they attack the individuals and the church while exonerating their faith but when it's Islam all Muslims are colligated as evil. Smh

For the ones thanking God for protecting them and calling on his mercy over evil, where's this your God when this innocent kid was chained and almost died of starvation for over 2weeks?

Where's your God when countless of innocent children are dying of malnutrition and terminal diseases across the world? What's this white bearded sky God doing in ameliorating the hellacious suffering and wretchedness across the globe? Guess he couldn't do sh1t coz no such person exist.
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by delishpot: 10:10am On Jul 24, 2016
ebby9z:
its not in dispute that a father equally has the responsibility of ensuring the well-being of his children, however it is equally not in dispute that women can be very persuasive and influential when it comes to manipulating men. It sometimes take maturity and sense to avoid being manipulated by them. Its now left to a father to decide whether to be gullible or be wise

I see your point. Yes people will deff try to manipulate us we must be strong.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Rushtec(m): 10:13am On Jul 24, 2016
Why all this. Its the Holy spirit that instruct him to do that

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by BIGkoboko: 10:24am On Jul 24, 2016
grin[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 24, 2016
I think these people should be locked up in jail, i hope the child will not be released back to this monsters of father and stepmother, infact i would like to adopt this child and raise him as my own. Any one knows how or who to contact? Please do contact me.
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by oluxy(m): 10:36am On Jul 24, 2016
Let the parents to be chained for 12 weeks and see how it goes. If a 9 years old child can suffer such for two weeks, let the police aso chain them without food for 12wks and the charge them to court.

Some people doesn't worth to be called parents. They don't even worth the 'Pa.... ' let alone the complete words.
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:39am On Jul 24, 2016
God will bless Elrufai. Religious leaders need govt screening. period

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:40am On Jul 24, 2016
If a child is well fed,that child won't even think of stealing...... Children steal because they don't eat enough food......also children grow hungry faster than adults bcus they play a lot. I see no reason why a child shld be subjected to eat at same intervals as adults, that calls for stealing.......dat woman shld be punished accordingly.
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by delishpot: 10:40am On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

So why the hatred toward homosexuals?Going by your logic If christ were alive he might have had an open homosexual amongst his deciples
Christians need to be more like christ, that guy is cool

He would not stop them from coming close to him. Rather,he would see use the opportunity to help them to see things from his own point of view. Its like if I run a group to help people grow and improve themselves and a junkie attends my workshop, should I kick him out? Shouldnt that be an avenue to help him overcome the evil that is plaguing him? That is how Christianity should be. Not to block the path of light but to be the usher at the door to welcome all who seek to know more. Many people have got it all wrong, they either block the doors to the right path so that those who need it dont enter or they encourage those who need it to enter while not helping them move past their circumstance or destroy the perceived sinner completly. Jesus wouldn't have done any of those.
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 24, 2016
ronald4lif:

No surprise that you couldn't figure from my comment that I don't do religion. You're too dumb to digest whatever you read. FYI, and your Islam and Christianity.
hehehehe, if you like be pseudotheist, pretheist, nonetheist, that's your business, if you like believe that the earth was formed from electromagnetic waves through a worm hole that's your business, but I find it offensive when you refer to Christianity as demonic when Islam is there
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Afrokan(m): 10:43am On Jul 24, 2016
delishpot:

He would not stop them from coming close to him but he would see use the opportunity to help them to see things from his own point of view. Its like if I run a group to help people grow and improve themselves and a junkie attends my workshop, should I kick him out? Shouldnt that be an avenue to help him overcome the evil that is plaguing him? That is how Christianity should be. Not to block the path of light but to be the usher at the door to welcome all who seek to know more. Many people have got it all wrong, they either block the doorsinner to the right path so that those who need it dont enter or they encourage those who need it to enter while not helping them move past their circumstance or destroy the perceived sinner completly. Jesus wouldn't have done any of those.
Tell your fellow Christians to follow the path of christ and let every man decide if he wants to have sex with a man or a woman because that's what Christ would do.
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by delishpot: 10:47am On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

Tell your fellow Christians to follow the path of christ and let every man decide if he wants to have sex with a man or a woman because that's what Christ would do.

Christ never let's a sinner decide what he wants to do when in his group. He never did and never would. He welcomed all into his fold but when they got in, they all repented and worked the works of God. It was never recorded that christ allowed people and let them continue in tbeir sinful ways while with him.He clearly states what should be done. But he would not deny those who live a so called sinfull lives access to his teaching. They hunger to know the truth, he let's them in and teaches them. He never forced any man or woman to follow him. He never said follow my teachings or pay tax or face the sword. He never said there was no hope for fornicators and adulteres and as such they should be stonned to death, he never said there was no hope for sinners on earth and thus their reward should be to face the sword man. He never mixed politics with religion. He let's the law take it's course. Even when he was being arrested, he went freely and faced the law. He did not kill those who stood against his teachings. His followers did not raid other peoples lands, forced them to convert or die and sell their women off as sex slaves. Christ did a clean job, so can not be said of some religions I know

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by olarid01: 11:09am On Jul 24, 2016
olarid01:
I pity this country, if the youths of the country is as ignorant as this, then I fear for Nigeria. To Christians, will you just sit down and use your brain(after all, it's free) and deduce that bad is bad and has nothing to do with religion. In case you don't understand, let me shed more light. The proof you have of islam being demonic is that those evil doers shouts 'Allahu Akbar right?' Now the pastor of the church shouts Jesus right? He have followers, didn't he? he sees himself as a Christian, am I wrong? But despite all these, answer me, does your religion preaches this kind of brutality? so, what is the difference? open your eyes fellas..

They no go respond now ......hypocrytes

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 24, 2016
doncheks:
When I contemplate man's wickedness to man,I cannot but agree that the heart of man is viciously wicked.I am now more convinced that we have demons existing as men.Poor child!
that's the more reason why we shouldn't condone any form of evil or injustice even if our loved one is the culprit.
in doing so, we make the world a better place.
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by MasterofdRolls1(m): 11:25am On Jul 24, 2016
Omoabejide:
So the good for nothing father and the oloriburuku ma sanfaani step mother chained a boy of 9yrz old because he stole pot of soup. Ndi ajo mmadu. Govt should put that boy for adoption cos he both father and mother are BEAST!!!

The main question here is, DID HE ACTUALLY STEAL ANYTHING? or have you forgotten the recent wickedness being perpetrated by these so called step mothers? Lord have mercy
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by TrajansKong: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2016
Afrokan:

Actually, The Bible prescribes stoning a child to death if he is stubborn, so according to their religion, they are kind of merciful to the child
GBAM!!

Here endeth the lesson grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Fourwinds: 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
some men are really useless to the society...

just imagine a foolish father.

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Fourwinds: 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
olarid01:

They no go respond now ......hypocrytes
it not the religion of man that is evil but those responsible to preach the message to their followers., twist it and brain wash them to commit evil...it now depends on how ferocious the preacher is in administering the task to his or her followers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by alowonle02(m): 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
This is absolutely stupid. The father of dis litle child must be nabbed and asked to face d full wrath of law so it will serve as detterrence to others.
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
crusadistic:
xtianity is a Demonic religion!
Thanks to God you do fear light and love Darkness,..for you to. Say Xtianity rather. Than mentioning the name of. Christ above. All other names on which Mohammed. And all idols and. Allah kneel and confess to
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by engrelvis(m): 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
Evil has always been happening. Is introduction n ving internet in our phones n home DT is making us aware. D world have always been evil.is just dat we v easy access to information.
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by swillonch(m): 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
Well, let me start by blaming the Lil boy for 'stealing'.
Now, let's not forget that stealing is an immoral act and the Holy book mandates parents to "train up a child in the way he should go: and when he's old, he will not depart from it"(Prov 22:6). Read this also(Proverbs 23:13-14; see also 13:24; 22:15; 20:30).
The step mum did well by reporting to the Dad. See what the Bible said: Proverbs 29:15 “The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother."

Warning! Some Godly parent used the words of the lord to express there intense anger upon there children. The Bible is a 'complete' book.
There's network in the bible too. Let's get some clarification from other chapter:
Ephesians 6:4 “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."
The other extreme of fathers not provoking their children to anger is to not risk any provocation at all and so all disciplining and instruction are either very weak or there’s none at all. One extreme is just as bad as the other. The middle ground is that fathers should bring up (raise) their children in the discipline of the Lord and the instruction of the Lord but in a loving way and in a way that doesn’t provoke them (push them!) into anger.
Let's bear this in mind about the 'rod'; The “rod" of discipline in this context is the Law of God. Raising a child in the “training and instruction of the Lord” includes restrained, corrective, and, yes, loving physical discipline.
So many parent today lack ways of impacting morals in there children and thereby uses approach that lacks wisdom.
If parent lack to learn on weakness of a child so as to know how to tackle them diligently, they will end up with maltreatment on them in the name of discipline.
It's strongly recommended for all parents to pray for wisdom in training up children. We all know children upbringing matters much. To there parent health(High blood pressure).

I PRAY FOR SOME ONE TODAY THE POWER TO PREVAIL IN RAISING OUR CHILD IN GOD'S WAY SHALL BE OURS IN JESUS NAME!!!
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by swillonch(m): 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
Well, let me start by blaming the Lil boy for 'stealing'.
Now, let's not forget that stealing is an immoral act and the Holy book mandates parents to "train up a child in the way he should go: and when he's old, he will not depart from it"(Prov 22:6). Read this also(Proverbs 23:13-14; see also 13:24; 22:15; 20:30).
The step mum did well by reporting to the Dad. See what the Bible said: Proverbs 29:15 “The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother."

Warning! Some Godly parent used the words of the lord to express there intense anger upon there children. The Bible is a 'complete' book.
There's network in the bible too. Let's get some clarification from other chapter:
Ephesians 6:4 “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."
The other extreme of fathers not provoking their children to anger is to not risk any provocation at all and so all disciplining and instruction are either very weak or there’s none at all. One extreme is just as bad as the other. The middle ground is that fathers should bring up (raise) their children in the discipline of the Lord and the instruction of the Lord but in a loving way and in a way that doesn’t provoke them (push them!) into anger.
Let's bear this in mind about the 'rod'; The “rod" of discipline in this context is the Law of God. Raising a child in the “training and instruction of the Lord” includes restrained, corrective, and, yes, loving physical discipline.
So many parent today lack ways of impacting morals in there children and thereby uses approach that lacks wisdom.
If parent lack to learn on weakness of a child so as to know how to tackle them diligently, they will end up with maltreatment on them in the name of discipline.
It's strongly recommended for all parents to pray for wisdom in training up children. We all know children upbringing matters much. To there parent health(High blood pressure).

I PRAY FOR SOME ONE TODAY, THE POWER TO PREVAIL IN RAISING OUR CHILD IN GOD'S WAY SHALL BE OURS IN JESUS NAME!!!
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by daveP(m): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
Should I be sorry if I say this. I don't think so.

This mishap is common with most CCC parishes about the country, especially Lagos. Had a friend that was absent from school for a month, attempts to reach via parents looks so unbecoming. A CURIOUS teacher poked nose and found out he was locked up cos he always stole from adults he met.

If the police wants to make some cool cash(sarcasm intended), they should make monthly visits to CCC parishes everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Biospnx(m): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2016
crusadistic:

Who da hell are dem ISIS, BOKO HARAM, AL QUEDA
What single authority do they posses in Islam? we are talking of a foremost authority in xtianity with his entire enclave of 'sheeps' supporting him.
oh, u denying dem now. D way u think dey are not guided by d quran daz d wat we also see d once i.e pastor chaining a child not guided by d bible properly.... Away from dat u mean ti say we r enslaved? But u r d ones bowing down doing d allah uk bar n stuffs while praying... Hypocritical behavior of letting everyone know u r fasting jes to ear behind n say u r worshipping ur allah.... I b Muslim bfre i know d light now baami... I'll urge u to do same.
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by atirolu(m): 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
crusadistic:

If you are not a muslim
You might be right

But if you are

Am sorry for you
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Biospnx(m): 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
FuckTheMod:

This situation is worse than all that

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE tongue
And for information, those bombers are not true Muslims.
and u r told d pastor dat did d chaining is a true Christian?. If dem call islam pipu terrorist, u guys will say those involved ain't true Mohammed ffl'ers. Do u also care to know if deez ppl r also true xtains?. Right from my primary level.. Even a muslim i was, all d ppl(kids) dar mk trouble in sch r Muslim even to d sec. Sch n tertiary level
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by ebenholer(m): 3:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
crusadistic:
a very strong choice of word. A man in my church who got converted to Christian was charmed to run mad by his Muslim father up till today who went against his conversion. He still lives in our church compound till today in a portion of room aloted to him.
Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by Zaha(m): 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
crusadistic:
Receive sense ijn

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by lozanni(m): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
Step-Mothers !!! Their wickedness no get part two.
Why was the young boy stealing? Probably because he was being starved by the wicked step-mother.
This is the reason why some widowers refuse to get married until their children are fully educated and matured to be able to fend for themselves because a mean step-mom can turn them against their children, even up to the extent of truncating their education, like the poor boy who was chained, as am sure he is out of school.
The Social welfare services should take custody of the boy and make sure he is properly taken care of and educated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Joseph Kariuki: Catholic Priest Dies After Spending Night With Woman In A Hotel / 900-Year-Old Church Carved Downward Into A Huge Rock In Ethiopia (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Cosmas Maduka Preaching In Lagos Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.