Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power (19178 Views)

Buhari Is Critically ill -PDP (Nigerians React On Twitter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by ijustdey: 10:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
•Declares Sheriff, Ojuogboh, Uzodinma rebels

•Makarfi inaugurates 88-man zoning committee

By Brandon Real in Abuja

The opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, yesterday declared that Nigerians are eager to have the party back in power at the national level because of the biting scarcity, hardship and poverty in the land.

Spokesman of the Ahmed Makarfi-led Caretaker Committee, Dayo Adeyeye who spoke to journalists in Abuja yesterday said Nigerians are already counting days for the All Progressives Congress, APC, because they want this government to go.

Adeyeye said: “They want PDP to come back to power. In the days of the PDP’s 16 years in power, it was a time of plenty and we have seen one year of scarcity, hardship and poverty in the land. It is obvious that Nigerians are not happy with the present state of affairs; so they are eager to have PDP back.

“People are already counting days for the APC because they want this government to go and PDP is poised to take over power but we need to do the needful, organise a transparent convention to bring in the right men and women to take over the operations of the party.”

The PDP spokesman also described the activities of the former national chairman of the party, Ali Modu Sheriff, his key allies, Dr. Cairo Ojuogboh and Senator Hope Uzodinma as “rebellious.”

He said it was a wrong perception for one to think that because a few disgruntled elements in the party are aggrieved, then the party has broken into factions.

Adeyeye, who spoke shortly after the inauguration of the 88-member zoning committee for the forthcoming PDP national convention said the party had decided not to wield the big stick but rather to continue to seek reconciliation in hope that the aggrieved party men will retrace their steps.
He said: “There are no factions in the PDP.

You see, there could be a few rebels, a few disgruntled people for one reason or the other but if you know our party and the array of personalities in it, you will ask yourself what is a party made up of? The answer is that in a party, you have the governors, members of the National Assembly, state chapters and elders, all of them are together”.

Adeyeye said that as far as he was concerned, PDP is one united family, adding that the fact that one or two people are complaining and registering their unhappiness does not mean there is a faction of the party.

“We are going to have a very free, fair and open convention, a unity convention in Port Harcourt on August 17. PDP remains the biggest party in Nigeria and I can confidently say that by this time next year, our opponents, who are today in power, a good number of its members will be begging to join the PDP. Nigerians are yearning for PDP.”

While inaugurating the zoning committee headed by the Ebonyi State Governor David Umahi, Makarfi noted that it was senseless for the Party to have zoned both presidency and chairmanship to the same region (North) during the ill- fated May 21 national convention.

He however urged the committee to ensure that they conclude their assignment within one week.

Makarfi said he believed that with the quality of personnel in the committee, there was no doubt that they would leave up to the expectations of members.

“Whatever decision you reach will be widely accepted by all. I do not see you coming up with recommendation that would be querried. Open the political landscape and not restricting the chairmanship of the party to one corner.

“Open the political landscape so that all the materials that we have from the south will come out; so that we get the best from the pack.

“I assure you, we are not going to print a single form for any position. We will print forms for all aspirants for any office. It is not an anointment but an election,” he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/07/23/pdp-nigerians-already-counting-days-for-apcs-exit-from-power/

9 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Pavarottii(m): 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
Well u r not far from d truth. Cos if u do a good survey, and go to d streets. Majority of Nigerian citizens are tired of this government already.

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by chernest2002: 11:18pm On Jul 23, 2016
Any how, by popular vote or impeachment I just wish it happens fast.

63 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Kunlexic(m): 11:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
hmmmn
*PDP 16 years: Looting and embezzlement but thinks is okay a bit
*APC 1 year: scarcity,hardship to citizens.

i think it is easy to destroy but difficult to restore.We cant say,the change may come soon.

83 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Ratello: 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
PDP needs real smear campaign more than what APC used against Jonathan led government in order to wrest power from Buhari rudderless government.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Ratello: 11:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
Kunlexic:
hmmmn

i think it is easy to destroy but difficult to restore.We cant say,the change may come soon.
This excuse is now "old school la pelle" try something new. No more excuse.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by PureWays(m): 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
Lol..

When the time comes, y'all will be surprised.

Who in the PDP camp can contest against PMB and win?

It's good to dream, just don't be delusional..

Had it been it's another party now, one would have taken them serious. PDP that is full of thieves.. undecided

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 23, 2016
Buhari is too old for this country.

PureWays:
Lol..

When the time comes, y'all will be surprised.

Who in the PDP camp can contest against PMB and win?

It's good to dream, just don't be delusional..

Had it been it's another party now, one would have taken them serious. PDP that is full of thieves.. undecided

67 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by PureWays(m): 11:58pm On Jul 23, 2016
angels09:
Buhari is too old for this country.

grin We shall see

7 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Kayode1979: 12:06am On Jul 24, 2016
APC has finished already

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:31am On Jul 24, 2016
Pavarottii:
Well u r not far from d truth. Cos if u do a good survey, and go to d streets. Majority of Nigerian citizens are tired of this government already.
Nigerians are always tired of any govt

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 24, 2016
including this rudderless one

MIKOLOWISKA:
Nigerians are always tired of any govt

5 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:32am On Jul 24, 2016
Kunlexic:
hmmmn

how were things OK.

1 Like

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:04am On Jul 24, 2016
angels09:
including this rudderless one

Name one with rudder or even buoyancy
From first republic to date

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 24, 2016
I'll like to see a leader with a future!

MIKOLOWISKA:

Name one with rudder or even buoyancy
From first republic to date
Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:14am On Jul 24, 2016
angels09:
I'll like to see a leader with a future!

his or her name?
Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 24, 2016
could be you or I

MIKOLOWISKA:
his or her name?
Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:34am On Jul 24, 2016
angels09:
could be you or I
how old are you
Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 24, 2016
old enuff.

MIKOLOWISKA:

how old are you
Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:44am On Jul 24, 2016
angels09:
old enuff.
aka not eligible for office

3 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by emmasege: 2:01am On Jul 24, 2016
Is this not why Buhari has continued to silence key opposition figures with trump up charges? He knows APC days will be short-lived if PDP remains a vibrant opposition party. His ineptitude, sectionalism and dictatorial/ vindictive lifestyle will make the PDP comeback much easier. It's left for the PDP to cash in on the opportunity.

26 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by labamo07(m): 4:34am On Jul 24, 2016
What is pdp? do they still exist? PDP is just like a big body with no engine.............

6 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by policy12: 5:10am On Jul 24, 2016
So that they can milk the remaining resources...

7 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 24, 2016
sad
Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by sanandreas(m): 5:42am On Jul 24, 2016
Let's tell ourselve the truth, the change we are experiencing is frosty. We need a technocrat and someone who can unify this nation.

13 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Kunlexic(m): 11:56am On Jul 24, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
how were things OK.
actually am among the APC supporters but truth be said,things are still bearable during dose PDP led govt,I cld remember if i get #100 in dose days,I will eat in the canteen but dis days I can't if I dnt have above #100

25 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:41am On Jul 25, 2016
Kunlexic:
actually am among the APC supporters but truth be said,things are still bearable during dose PDP led govt,I cld remember if i get #100 in dose days,I will eat in the canteen but dis days I can't if I dnt have above #100
so you think anything would be different under pdp or they will manufacture oil price

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 25, 2016
aka campaign for me....sacrifice yourself for my cause

MIKOLOWISKA:
aka not eligible for office
Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by wristbangle: 6:12am On Jul 25, 2016
Nigerians are tired of the current situation but it will be bad if we return to our vomit (PDP). I will rather try another party.

6 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by babyfaceafrica: 6:32am On Jul 25, 2016
No difference between both..mayb kowa will be better

7 Likes

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:05am On Jul 25, 2016
angels09:
aka campaign for me....sacrifice yourself for my cause

I don't campaign for nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP: Nigerians Already Counting Days For APC ’s Exit From Power by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 25, 2016
SACRIFICE UR LIFE 4 MY CAUSE

MIKOLOWISKA:
I don't campaign for nonsense

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari's Double Standard Syndrome. By Reno Omokiri / VP Osinbajo Meets Daughter Of Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Terrorists(pics) / Anambra Guber 2021: Obiano Seeks Alliance With APC As APGA Crisis Festers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.