Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,752 members, 7,837,734 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Should Pastors Be Paid A Salary? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Pastors Be Paid A Salary? (325 Views)

As Shown In This Pic,should Pastors And Christians Attend Church Services Armed? / Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? / Should Pastors Own Private Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Pastors Be Paid A Salary? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 23, 2016
Did God or the Bible command that pastors be paid regular salaries? Or does he demand Pastors have the right to financial or material support from the church but only if necessary. Most churches makes some fees mandatory, considering the rate of rich pastors we have with very wretched members, it's really confusing.

In churches, Pastors use the 1 Corinthians 9:14
"Even so has the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel."
To acclaim the salary payment.

Whilst if you read further on 1 Corinthians 9:18, it says "What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ
without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel"

When's the last time you heard this verse in modern churches, probably some of us are yet to hear that. It's only logical our preachers are helped but most churches are only about the money in recent times. Sadly, most of these preachers don't care in the least about how their financial practices reflect negatively upon the Gospel and how they discredit Christ in the eyes of many unbelievers.

The point I'm trying to pass is the Apostle Paul chose to pass on his right or power to accept a regular financial living from the Gospel so as not to hinder the Gospel.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid A Salary? by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 24, 2016
J
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid A Salary? by zarakay(f): 5:16am On Jul 24, 2016
Why not.

The worker deserves his wages.
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid A Salary? by Aremu01(m): 5:30am On Jul 24, 2016
Excuse me Mister, Pastor no go chop? Pastor no go cater for his family??.
Re: Should Pastors Be Paid A Salary? by kazyhm(m): 7:04am On Jul 24, 2016
I don't really get your question but I suppose you wanted to ask how should pastors spend their income ?
it is very obvious that pastors can't even be juxtapose with footballers because smart pastors have learn over time how to maximize their take home without the fear of what they are saving their minion from (hell).

(1) (Reply)

World Pastors Good For Suicide / Choose To Follow God’s Pathway / Is It Wrong To Attempt To Communicate With The Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.