Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? (24012 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online / Rev Lucy Natasha: Bodyguards, Security Details Of Kenyan Female Pastor (Photos) / Weird Things Some African Pastors Have Made Their Members Do(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by holatin(m): 7:29am On Oct 23, 2016
Gud morning and happy sunday.
It has come 2 my notice that a lot of pastor now have bodyguard, and the only question dat crept into my mind is:

What is a pastor scared of?

Let go back to the time of jesus, even with how the pharisee,tax collector and idol worshipper hated him, he never resort to human protection but God's.

The reason for creatiing is to ask ur view concern pastor bodyguarding.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by EyeofHorus: 7:46am On Oct 23, 2016
angry Why not?
Pastors need 12 bodyguards each.
Don't you know Jesus' disciples were also his bodyguards

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 23, 2016
EyeofHorus:
angry Why not?

lmao,nawatoyouo

4 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Korex10: 8:08am On Oct 23, 2016
Pastors and politicians in Nigeria both need bodyguards cos they do similar things when it comes to the ordinary man's finances

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by elderhimself(m): 8:31am On Oct 23, 2016
Pastors don't need bodyguards coz they have nothing to fear nor hide but thieves do!! Those that have nothing to preach but "tithes"....and don't giv a fhuck even if u r starving, just pay ur fhuckin tithes !! These one really do need special forces as guards coz what other option do I have when they fly private jets and drive bugattis ...... NO LOVE for such mugus!

11 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by holatin(m): 7:45am On Nov 20, 2016
lalasticlala mynd44 OAM4J oya promise land
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by MrMcJay(m): 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
See the pastor sef looking as if he is going to fight.

They collect money in the name of Jesus Christ but live like Pontius Pilate.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by tartar9(m): 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
Why not,even the lord of lowds needed bodyguards: Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” 37 He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38 Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death.Stay here and keep watch over me.(Matthew 26:36-46)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by friendly101: 5:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
grin
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
Yes they need it to protect themselves

But they will tell you. You are covered with the blood of Jesus

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by firstolalekan(m): 5:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
98% of today's pastors are greedy thieves and hypocrites.
The are only after the money (tithe and offering) and my deluded will never be wise.

6 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by DWJOBScom(m): 5:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
it doesn't matter as it doesn't stop me from serving God
I don't have an issue with it as it could be a member who made that available to him.

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Jay542(m): 5:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
We cant be comparing this time to Jesus time. angry

3 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Omotayor123(f): 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
For what na undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Lasskeey: 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
grin
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Chipappii(m): 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
No the Lord is their Shepherd, psalm23.
Th Lord is also their strength and salvation.

Diary of a broke playboy
https://www.nairaland.com/3475839/diary-broke-playboy#3475839.24
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by ekanDamie: 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
Jesus said. fear not those who kill d body.

pastors of this days believe in physical protection wheras Jesus n his apostles were not afraid of being killed for d gospel. cos dey had spiritual protection from God, n if God would allow anytin bad happen to them, they believe it was for the best.

6 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by gerrardomendes(m): 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
yes
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by alatbaba1(m): 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nooooo. Did Jesus have? The disciples are not body guards. The question they should ask their self is, can their body guards save them if death come calling?

1 Like

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by johnstar(m): 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
pastors and wayo

5 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Franz15: 5:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
when you become rich ur mind is always on ur property, to me THEY ARE NOT MEN OF GOD BUT MEN OF THE WORLD.....

*modified
they still have church members.

7 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by passyhansome(m): 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
Depends
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by richidinho(m): 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
grin
Only prophets
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by diasporaman(m): 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hi
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by henrydadon(m): 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
cheesy grin

this is what buhari have to say

[img]http://i./XLvXZqGHlKPlu.gif[/img]

8 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by LorDBolton(m): 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
A pastor?... NO

A pastorpreneur? YES abi u wan protect them when kasala burst??

4 Likes

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by alBHAGDADI: 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
EyeofHorus:
angry Why not?

feelings1:
If Jesus used 12 disciples/bodyguards during his time how much more mere mortals. I don't see why pastors cannot use more.

The 12 men that followed Yah shu a were not bodyguards but his disciples and students whom he was teaching his ways for them to carry it on when he leaves earth.

But the men you see following today's pastors are NOT disciples and students of the pastors but full time bodyguards who carry walkie talkie, weapons, wear bullet proof and know nothing about the gospel of Christ. That is why they don't end up as preachers like Christ's disciples.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by NaLaugh: 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
How else would they protect their expensive Italian suits and luxury cars from the poor congregation who afforded them the luxury?
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
I reserve my comment... grin
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by feelings1: 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
If Jesus used 12 disciples/bodyguards during his time how much more mere mortals. I don't see why pastors cannot use more.
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
This thread is absolutely and conspicuously incongruous to the current spiritual state of the 'invisible' Church.

The canal pastors of course needs body guard, because they feel insecure...
Re: Should Pastors Have Bouncers/Bodyguards? by JAkpayen(m): 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
'Na pastor life dey better, the people dey suffer' - Femi Kuti

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Before Indulging In That Sexual Intercourse / Pastor Prays Over Brooms In Church, Gives Members To Sweep Away Evil. Photos / 4 Members Electrocuted In Celestial Church Of Christ In Osun, Two Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.