Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,290 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene (1313 Views)

"No Water, No Food" - Soldiers Beg Buhari To Help Them (Video) / FG Orders Massive Importation Of Kerosene, Say Marketers / How Much Is One Litter Of Kerosene In Your Area ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Fynestboi: 7:04am On Jul 24, 2016
Some housewives in Nsukka, Enugu State, on Saturday called on the Federal Government to intervene and force down the price of kerosene.

The housewives, who made the appeal in separate interviews with our correspondent noted that the current price of kerosene in the neighbourhood was between N200 and N240 per litre.

They expressed worry over the outrageous price of kerosene, a product used by indigent people to cook their meals and fuel their hurricane lamps in the night.

They moaned that kerosene had gone beyond the reach of the poor across the country, adding that this had caused untold hardship for the less-privileged Nigerians.

One of the housewives, Mrs Juliann Ezeugwu, particularly urged President Muhammadu Buhari to urgently intervene and force independent petroleum marketers to sell kerosene at the control price of N83.00 per litre.

“It is unfortunate that in spite of official price of kerosene which is N83.00 per litre, kerosene now sells for between N200 and N240 per litre in filling stations, while in the ‘black market’, the price ranges between N260 and N280.

“It is worrisome that if one manages to buy some foodstuff for the family, getting kerosene to cook it becomes another obstacle,’’ she said.

Mrs Ngozi Amadi, another housewife, described the situation as very painful, saying that it had forced her to stop cooking fuel-consuming foods like beans and bread fruits.

“My children like bread fruits and beans but I now avoid cooking these foods because they consume a lot of kerosene.

“Another problem I have is that my landlord has warned his tenants to refrain from using firewood in his house.

“Government should help the poor people in this country and ensure that kerosene is sold at the government price of N83.00 before many people die of hunger,’’ she said.

On her part, Mrs Joy Ezema said that due to the increase in the price of kerosene, she had resorted to using charcoal to cook because she could not afford kerosene at the current price of N240 per litre.

“I now buy a bottle of kerosene to light our lamp at night and after our dinner, I put it off in order to preserve the kerosene,’’ she said.

A member of IPMAN in Nsukka, who pleaded anonymity, blamed the exorbitant price of kerosene on its high cost at fuel depots across the country.

“Nigerians should understand that the fault is not from marketers but from oil depots, as soon as we start buying kerosene at the normal price, we will consequently sell to our customers at the normal price,” he said.

http://dailytimes.ng/housewives-beg-buhari-tackle-outrageous-price-kerosene/
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Almajiri1: 7:06am On Jul 24, 2016
Buhari says until you guys head to the creeks and arrest your fellow 5% avengers,kerosene will skyrocket to a thousand naira per liter in the coming months.
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:11am On Jul 24, 2016
I can bet my left blokos in my scrotum that 97% of them voted for him...

2 Likes

Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by maryjan8(f): 7:12am On Jul 24, 2016
He should please bring down the price
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by amuokuko: 7:14am On Jul 24, 2016
Almajiri1:
Buhari says until you guys head to the creeks and arrest your fellow 5% avengers,kerosene will skyrocket to a thousand naira per liter in the coming months.

The same Buhari ve told ur fellow Almajiri that they will cook with firewood till it chokes them to Valhalla.

@topic:
We husbands re also begging Buhari to epp us reduce Dollar that ve affected our salary from covering our expenses..

2 Likes

Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by amuokuko: 7:15am On Jul 24, 2016
maryjan8:
He should please bring down the price

So fine gal like you dey use kerosene
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by SweetieConstie(f): 7:18am On Jul 24, 2016
May God save our land! sad This is getting so unbearable for the populace... It is well with Nigeria! embarassed
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Ausbongean: 7:19am On Jul 24, 2016
some of these housewives at Enugu attains adoration ground. pls if you see fr. mbaka channel your anger to the priest he is the forerunner of this wicked government.

2 Likes

Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Almajiri1: 7:19am On Jul 24, 2016
amuokuko:

The same Buhari ve told ur fellow Almajiri that they will cook with firewood till it chokes them to Valhalla.

@topic:
We husbands re also begging Buhari to epp us reduce Dollar that ve affected our salary from covering our expenses..
Hmmm,wife is begging buhari for kerosene while husband begs for dollar.I pray we don't all queue to beg buhari for daily rations of sugar and milk.
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 24, 2016
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Jazzlite: 7:21am On Jul 24, 2016
gbam! well said. He should be derobed for participating in politics and turning the pulpit into a campaign stand.... hope he's enjoying his 30 shekels now!

Ausbongean:
some of these housewives at Enugu attains adoration ground. pls if you see fr. mbaka channel your anger to the priest he is the forerunner of this wicked government.

1 Like

Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Jazzlite: 7:22am On Jul 24, 2016
very soon, very very soon....

Almajiri1:

Hmmm,wife is begging buhari for kerosene while husband begs for dollar.I pray we don't all queue to beg buhari for daily rations of sugar and milk.
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by amuokuko: 7:31am On Jul 24, 2016
Almajiri1:

It will get to that since we ve sold our birth right to ethnic divide.
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Almajiri1: 7:45am On Jul 24, 2016
amuokuko:

It will get to that since we ve sold our birth right to ethnic divide.
I see no reason why an Almajiri from sokoto can't unite and fight alongside chief amuokuko from Enugu against injustice.
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by amuokuko: 7:52am On Jul 24, 2016
Almajiri1:

I see no reason why an Almajiri from sokoto can't unite and fight alongside chief amuokuko from Enugu against injustice.

But u see a just course or reason surrounding the lopsided appointments yet we re supposedly one
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by uboma(m): 7:56am On Jul 24, 2016
amuokuko:

So fine gal like you dey use kerosene

You sound so dumb with the above question.
What has the use of kerosene got to do with one's physical looks?
So in your warped sense of reasoning, only ugly peeps make use of kerosene?
SMH

3 Likes

Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Almajiri1: 7:56am On Jul 24, 2016
amuokuko:

But u see a just course or reason surrounding the lopsided appointments yet we re supposedly one
Even my fellow almajiri's felt marginalised.Chief amuokuko,we are in this together.
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by M4gunners: 7:59am On Jul 24, 2016
Change don dey clear for dem eyes small small.
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by amuokuko: 8:02am On Jul 24, 2016
uboma:

You sound so dumb with the above question.

What has the use of kerosene got to do with one's physical looks?

So in your warped sense of reasoning, only ugly peeps make use of kerosene?

SMH

U sound dumber not to recognize sarcasm.

U must ve inherited it thou..

Mod from a dull home..
Like father like son.
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by uboma(m): 8:56am On Jul 24, 2016
amuokuko:

U sound dumber not to recognize sarcasm.

U must ve inherited it thou..

Mod from a dull home..
Like father like son.

In your desperation to cover your dumb reasoning, you had to term your post as sarcasm. Hmmmm!

Your level of dumbness has no limits.
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:54am On Jul 24, 2016
people still dey use kerosine ni.. cool cool cool
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by 400billionman: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2016
Nigerians don jam change.

GEJ wanted making fuel N120 but Nigerians fought back.

Booharry made fuel N145 and wants to add fuel tax but Nigerians kept quiet. Nobodywanna die..

Enjoy CHANGE.
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by greatgod2012(f): 11:28am On Jul 24, 2016
The whole thing is really getting worrisome.

Even those of us who uses cooking gas are not different, the price is now doubled.

And not to talk of other consumer goods we use on a daily basis, the price of everything have skyrocketed.

It's really worrisome, I don't blame them.

1 Like

Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by amuokuko: 11:37am On Jul 24, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
people still dey use kerosine ni.. cool cool cool

Something that powers Uboma 's brain..
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Almajiri1: 11:43am On Jul 24, 2016
Jazzlite:
very soon, very very soon....

We shall make it a prayer topic in our next adoration ground prayer meeting.Father mbaka must hear this.
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 24, 2016
Almajiri1:

Even my fellow almajiri's felt marginalised.Chief amuokuko,we are in this together.
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by chadwickcollins(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
No be una say una want change?
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Slimberry1(f): 7:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
The problem is even worse...the kerosene is no where to be found here sad angryit is expensive and scarce, it's sibling cooking gas too has jumped in price unexpectedly angry and the so called gas even vanish from the cylinder faster these days... angry
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Slimberry1(f): 7:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
cryI have been unable to eat rice and beans for more than a month now angry angry,all thanks to the increment in price of gas and scarcity of kerosene
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Agarawu33: 7:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
Slimberry1:
The problem is even worse...the kerosene is no where to be found here sad angryit is expensive and scarce, it's sibling cooking gas too has jumped in price unexpectedly angry and the so called gas even vanish from the cylinder faster these days... angry
use firewood. Na change season be this cheesy
Re: Housewives Beg Buhari To Tackle Outrageous Price Of Kerosene by Slimberry1(f): 7:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Underdevelopment Of The South South, Who To Blame? / The Fallacy Of The Blame Game By Ivandragon / Nigeria's 36 States And The Origin Of Their Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.