Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are (27789 Views)

10 Reasons Why It Is More Blessed To Give Than To Receive / I Am Losing My Fear Of Death As An Unbeliever In Christianity. / Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by iliyande(m): 7:50am On Jul 24, 2016
Have you ever felt bad because the person who has treated you badly has been receiving material blessings and favours from people while living an apparently abundant life? If you have, then the Bible has this message for you.

Timothy 6: -8 "But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

"Don't worry about the wicked or envy those who do wrong. For like grass, they soon fade away. Like spring flowers, they soon wither." (Psalm 37:1-2)

There are times in our lives when we feel wrongly treated by other people. There are times when those who have abused others and stole their wealth appear to have been unjustly blessed. At other times, those who are doing wrong seem to be getting away with it, and even gaining the favour and appreciation of others who don't know the real deal. Friends, this injustice does exist under the sun.

But for all of those who are on the abused or wronged side of the equation, take comfort in knowing that you have a defender in the Lord. God said, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay" (see Romans 12:19, Deuteronomy 32:35). He is our Avenger, the One who promised to repay those who do evil.

My role?

God said He will be the one to repay. Our part is simply to forgive our offender, cast that care on God, and wait for Him to do as He has promised.

Here are some things that you can and should do:

1. Delight in the Lord, not in the downfall of the abuser

"Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun." (Psalm 37:3-6)

2. Stop being angry and don't even worry about them

"Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act. Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper— it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land." (Psalm 37:7-9)

3. Put your hope in the Lord and follow Him

"Put your hope in the Lord. Travel steadily along his path. He will honour you by giving you the land. You will see the wicked destroyed." (Psalm 37:34)

Finally, financial prosperity sometimes often comes at a cost of a man’s soul. It is difficult to accumulate wealth and follow God at the same time. There have been, and still are, wealthy people who are living for God and use their wealth for the good of others. Such men are very rare because the effect of wealth is usually to corrupt the owner of it. Greed and self indulgence are frequent outcomes. That is why Jesus said that we could not serve two masters. We can either serve God, or we can serve mammon (material wealth), but not both.

48 Likes 10 Shares

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by youngest85(m): 7:56am On Jul 24, 2016
God's time is d best!
Even if u die poor, God still has a plan 4 u....hapi sun's day

9 Likes

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by Dreal11247: 8:05am On Jul 24, 2016
God blesses everyone.
Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by RexKexMilann: 9:36am On Jul 24, 2016
Make righteousness in the Holy Ghost your priority. Let genuine and Pious service to God and Humanity be your aim. Seek Holiness & pursue wisdom.

Let the JOY of the Lord be your strength. Not worldly prosperity. Let Love lead.

Mathew 6:33.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by Sunofgod(m): 9:36am On Jul 24, 2016
Given a choice between money and God - most nigerians will choose cash right now!

The most popular prayer in church these days is a prayer for money!

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by hakeem4(m): 9:37am On Jul 24, 2016
iliyande:
Have you ever felt bad because the person who has treated you badly has been receiving material blessings and favours from people while living an apparently abundant life? If you have, then the Bible has this message for you.
Timothy 6: -8 "But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
"Don't worry about the wicked or envy those who do wrong. For like grass, they soon fade away. Like spring flowers, they soon wither." (Psalm 37:1-2)
There are times in our lives when we feel wrongly treated by other people. There are times when those who have abused others and stole their wealth appear to have been unjustly blessed. At other times, those who are doing wrong seem to be getting away with it, and even gaining the favour and appreciation of others who don't know the real deal. Friends, this injustice does exist under the sun.
But for all of those who are on the abused or wronged side of the equation, take comfort in knowing that you have a defender in the Lord. God said, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay" (see Romans 12:19, Deuteronomy 32:35). He is our Avenger, the One who promised to repay those who do evil.

My role?

God said He will be the one to repay. Our part is simply to forgive our offender, cast that care on God, and wait for Him to do as He has promised.
Here are some things that you can and should do:
1. Delight in the Lord, not in the downfall of the abuser
"Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you. He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun." (Psalm 37:3-6)

2. Stop being angry and don't even worry about them

"Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act. Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes. Stop being angry! Turn from your rage! Do not lose your temper— it only leads to harm. For the wicked will be destroyed, but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land." (Psalm 37:7-9)

3. Put your hope in the Lord and follow Him

"Put your hope in the Lord. Travel steadily along his path. He will honour you by giving you the land. You will see the wicked destroyed." (Psalm 37:34)
Finally, financial prosperity sometimes often comes at a cost of a man’s soul. It is difficult to accumulate wealth and follow God at the same time. There have been, and still are, wealthy people who are living for God and use their wealth for the good of others. Such men are very rare because the effect of wealth is usually to corrupt the owner of it. Greed and self indulgence are frequent outcomes. That is why Jesus said that we could not serve two masters. We can either serve God, or we can serve mammon (material wealth), but not both.

you didn't put the part where God said we should work hard in proverbs 22:29

20 Likes

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by dunkem21(m): 9:37am On Jul 24, 2016
He will make all things good in his time. wink
Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by Adonis3: 9:38am On Jul 24, 2016
Sunofgod:
Given a choice between money and God - most nigerians will choose cash right now!

The most popular prayer in church these days is a prayer for money!

when even their pastors don choose money grin

kayo80:
Message for the lazy to keep them happy in their failure.

azzin... religion has sha found a way to make you comfortable with mediocrity and poverty while the custodians (religious leaders) keep getting wealthyundecided

make una sha nor forget my nigga PHOTOSHOOT as Mr.
YOU KNOW WHATcheesy

#Adonis3HasSpoken

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by kayo80(m): 9:38am On Jul 24, 2016
Message for the lazy to keep them happy in their failure.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by donofdons: 9:38am On Jul 24, 2016
life is so short and sweet and i wonder why so many people in africa have decided to dream it away in spiritual fantasy about a handsome half naked carpenter who was a bastard son of an acclaimed virgin who was crucified on the cross like a traitor, beaten and tortured while he delude himself thinking he is the son of God only to get to the cross and realizing his folly cried out my god my god why have thou forsaken me and even begging his imaginary father to make the cup pass away from him.
Of what use have God been to mankind?? what problem have prayers ever solved?? disease and stroke de even kill pastors wey de claim to miraculously cure them

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by Ekejoestar(m): 9:38am On Jul 24, 2016
God is faithful

1 Like

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by EMMANTOP1(m): 9:38am On Jul 24, 2016
And always acknowledge God in All ur ways and He Will direct ur path

1 Like

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by mazimee(m): 9:39am On Jul 24, 2016
One of the reasons I don't pay tithe, pastor will tell you that paying Your tithe will increase Your store house. Meanwhile an atheist wey no dey pay tithe dey ball harder than you.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by Ajusshi: 9:39am On Jul 24, 2016
youngest85:
God's time is d best!

Even if u die poor, God still has a plan 4 u....hapi sun's day
There is no plan for a dead man. A dead Lion in useless

4 Likes

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by Namzy(m): 9:39am On Jul 24, 2016
And yet churches preach the opposite, making it sound like you'll be rewarded on earth. Most will tell not you it's possible to Pray and fast and still die a pauper, that your reward awaits you in heaven. Preach that and have no members, but telling the gullible ones to give and ye shall be given unto....... Greatest con since existence. Better use that money and help your neighbors and less privileged even if they are unbelievers and stop enriching the "wealthy men of God"

17 Likes

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by nmreports: 9:39am On Jul 24, 2016
God showers rain on both the righteous and the sinner.

2 Likes

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 24, 2016
Keep on wallowing in ignorance... Your Pastors with private jets are they unbeliever? Oh! Their wealth also corrupts them

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by Ajusshi: 9:40am On Jul 24, 2016
g
Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by Hawlahscho(m): 9:40am On Jul 24, 2016
WELL SAID

2 Likes

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by telim: 9:41am On Jul 24, 2016
Believing or not believing in God does not make you wealthy.. your ability to think out of the box makes the difference

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by shamecurls(m): 9:41am On Jul 24, 2016
To be truthful without hiding or mincing words, Unbelievers re the most successful on Earth. I just cant tell if believers become more successful than them in Heaven.

6 Likes

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by Checked86: 9:42am On Jul 24, 2016
hakeem4:

you didn't put the part where God said we should work hard in proverbs 22:29
The topic is on blessing and being content with what you have, and not seeing a downfall as the best punishment for your perceived enemies. Being content doesn't mean you're lazy. It means you appreciate every stage of your life and sees God as He who gives and not what you do. When people says the best revenge is success, many people missinterpret it and thinks that before you pull a stunning revenge you must be more successful than the person that wronged you. No, that is not it. When you are in position that you will never need his help, you have pulled all time revenge. But why revenge? Live, and let live. When you are preoccupied with the thought of how to revenge your enemy, it means your enemy keeps winning you and has made your life dependent on how he lives his. I know you wouldn't want such situation. Don't let people hurt you continuously, learn the act of forgiveness and contentment. But I must say, if you are a christian and the wealth of non christians or those that don't believe in God surprises you, you need your head examined. We don't know religion. Religion is an idea and everyone has his but whose idea is the best is still a debate that will see generations upon generations come and go and still very hot like no other debate.

11 Likes

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by AnusOdourInhaler: 9:43am On Jul 24, 2016
All fingers are not equal... There're people enjoying in Nigeria and some people are suffering in the USA
Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2016
When you are deeply rooted in the word you don't look at what other people have

Your eyes are fixed on the God you serve who provides your every need. I remember a time things were hard went to bed hungry prayed for a miracle the next day an uncle came with money his first word was I have something for you.

That was the day I truly believed it's more than flesh the walk with Christ

He brings those people that will lift you high not drag you down

Nobody can appear flashier because in his kingdom we are all rich and will dance on the streets of gold. Comparing is not of the Lord collaboration, gratitude and kindness are

11 Likes

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by guttentag(m): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2016
I ain't Mad Cuz i Love mONEy
Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:46am On Jul 24, 2016
Money and wealth comes from ur hustle on earth or lucky winz on contract...help...bet.e.t.c
Leave God
Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by princeakins(m): 9:47am On Jul 24, 2016
cool
Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by donofdons: 9:48am On Jul 24, 2016
[size=18pt] The bible say that blessed are the poor is spirit(people wey no get holy spirit) for theirs is the kingdom of God

Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth(after poor in holy spirit don groove am finish go heaven)

[/size]
Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by dabosuker(m): 9:49am On Jul 24, 2016
NOW LISTEN & LISTEN GOOD!!!! angry

Wealth/Success/Happiness, have no relationship ever with RELIGION ,........

There are Universal Laws governing everything , & these Universal Laws "Supersede" any Religious doctrine . .....Now let that Sink in wink

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by virginboy1(m): 9:51am On Jul 24, 2016
Just Imagine

Nigerian Breweries recorded sales of almost N300 billion in 2015 while Guinness is expected to record sales of N275 billion totaling almost =N=600 Billion (About $3 billion) which is about 3% of our GDP. That is about 3 billion bottles of beer and when distributed across 170 million people is about 200 bottles per person a year.
The average Nigerian is either a Christian or a Muslim.
Both religions enjoined adherents to avoid alcohol. So,
who drank=N=600 billion worth of alcohol in one year? A country of unassailable contradictions... More churches and mosques than anywhere else on the continent.
Please who drank it? undecided
This is interesting because It does not include paraga,
and other assorted foreign and local drinks like Ogogoro, palm wine, alomo, kerewa, etc. If these are added, only
God knows...!

"Eye service religious adherents too many for Nja"

13 Likes

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by tolexy123: 9:52am On Jul 24, 2016
donofdons:
life is so short and sweet and i wonder why so many people in africa have decided to dream it away in spiritual fantasy about a handsome half naked carpenter who was a bastard son of an acclaimed virgin who was crucified on the cross like a traitor, beaten and tortured while he delude himself thinking he is the son of God only to get to the cross and realizing his folly cried out my god my god why have thou forsaken me and even begging his imaginary father to make the cup pass away from him.
Of what use have God been to mankind?? what problem have prayers ever solved?? disease and stroke de even kill pastors wey de claim to miraculously cure them
You must be a sick son of a biitch!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 24, 2016
GOD HAS A PLAN FOR EACH ONE OF US LETS PRAY SO THAT HE CAN CHANGE HIS MIND!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe / How I Was Blessed Because Of A Blind Begger! / Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.