Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? (6601 Views)

For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions / When Unbeliever Appears To Be More Blessed Than You Are / Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by winner01(m): 11:30am On Aug 20, 2016
Good day my brothers and sisters in Christ, how do you feel when you are approached by an unbeliever.

Personally, I believe a real Christian should be happy that he has the chance to save a lost soul by reasoning together and discussions backed with intercessions.

Ive been approached by several muslim friends and was more than happy to hear them out and then present the Gospel of salvation to them. A few of them are saved today by the grace of God. I've never been approached by a neutral atheist but I've had discussions with atheist friends and colleagues. I hope an atheist extends his/her evangelism to me offline soon so that we can really have a hearty discussion. Trust me, its always better when you show this people how void their logic is, face to face such that any honest atheist leaves with even more questions about his own stand.

Its unthinkable that a Christian will be angry at an oppourtunity to preach the gospel. I mean, this is a direct order from God to all christians. Jesus preached the gospel everywhere he went and he is our standard. I believe our life, actions and words should preach the gospel anytime anywhere.

It's next to impossible to get recorded videos of angry atheists as proof of atheist intolerance, but I stumbled on the videos of some angry atheists online recently and decided to post the Videos here. Some of them were caught and recorded live on camera. One threathened to kill a preacher that approached him, another threathened to hack any preacher that approaches her to death.

Note: Please do not watch the video if you are easily offended by insults, some really serious foul languages and heavy swearing were used by the atheists therein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ulkFhAmE6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUJKp7lQW-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGIvqDKAD5g

These atheists above just need a little bit of power to become the next Mao, Stalin, Pot e.t.c
I think many muslims also share such intolerance as the above, personally I've witnessed such muslims.

Its sad that there is so much hatred and anger in the world.

Love is actually all we need to get along.

Jesus said in the book of John chapter 13:
"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I loved you."

He reiterates in few verses later:

"This is My command to you: Love one another."

Galatians 5:14 tells us about the prime Law.
"The entire Law is fulfilled in a single decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

I believe if we loved more, the world will be a better place.

So Christians, whats your reaction when unbelievers approach you?

cc: KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, seun, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, naijadeyhia, honourhim, kilo4sure, lordnicklaus, mabea, AlphaDex, felixomor, pidggin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2016
Good thread bro . Let me book space

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by DeSepiero(m): 11:41am On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Good thread bro . Let me book space

Is that your preoccupation in that google search history shocked
Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2016
Booking space while sipping on tandi guarana.... let me read responses for once first before I comment.

*Jesus obugi nwe aka...Jesus obugi nwe aka eh...Jesus obugi nwe aka eze ndi eze nara ekele * on key F

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:49am On Aug 20, 2016
DeSepiero:

Is that your preoccupation in that google search history shocked

Lmao ... noo .. related searches include what other people have google searched . I only googled "atheists have emotional problems " while researching for my thread and woah I saw those related searches and decided to snipe it .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 20, 2016
There is a predominantly Muslim residential/commercial settlement here where Muslim experts skilled in both bible and Quran set a high chair in the middle of the street and dare any Christian to take it and answer their tough questions. I think you'd do well grin

1 Like

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by DeSepiero(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2016
Winner01 I knew you wouldn't disappoint me. smiley smiley
The topic of your write up says one thing, while the body of the write up discusses the exact opposite.
Probably you'd barely notice it because of your desperation.

4 Likes

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by winner01(m): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
DeSepiero:
Winner01 I knew you wouldn't disappoint me. smiley smiley
The topic of your write up says one thing, while the body of the write up discusses the exact opposite.
Probably you'd barely notice it because of your desperation.
Thank God you aren't dissapointed. I bet you came into a harmless christian thread to spread some anger. Just relax, this is an atheist section in proxy, its the least we can do for baby christians who are naive and think it is a religion section.

The body corroborates the title. It asks the reactions of christians and shed some light on the reactions of atheists. I guess this was what y'all meant by being outspoken undecided

1 Like

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by winner01(m): 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
Muafrika2:

There is a predominantly Muslim residential/commercial settlement here where Muslim experts skilled in both bible and Quran set a high chair in the middle of the street and dare any Christian to take it and answer their tough questions. I think you'd do well grin
Where would that be?
Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by HCpaul(m): 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
This is interesting. Your God will bless you.

Shalom!
Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by DeSepiero(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmao ... noo .. related searches include what other people have google searched . I only googled "atheists have emotional problems " while researching for my thread and woah I saw those related searches and decided to snipe it .

Lol.. Maybe you should also google "educated people are more likely to become atheists".

I'd like to see the related searches too.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by winner01(m): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
DeSepiero:

Lol.. Maybe you should also google "educated people are more likely to become atheists".

I'd like to see the related searches too.
We have scientific studies which show that religious people tend to be more educated, and I can provide them. Do you have any proof other than your mouth that atheism and education are related?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
Where would that be?
Nairobi.
Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
Winner01 in the second video the girl that made these 2 statements shows demonic activity and reaction.

1) I HATE YOU

2) YOUR SIGN OFFENDS ME

Her outbursts were totally unprovoked and just hated the man and his sign and went ballistic.

Atheism is demonic.

You forgot to cc 2 other people so let me help with that.

Cloudgoddess; for saying the world would be better without religion. She is a self acclaimed scientist and here is scientific proof that the world would do better without atheism...Note that she never presented any scientific proof to her claims.

Seun ; for saying there are no modern day militant atheists.

Good job bro. I know the heading of the thread was a bait grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by DeSepiero(m): 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
We have scientific studies which show that religious people tend to be more educated, and I can provide them. Do you have any proof other than your mouth that atheism and education are related?

You're misunderstanding me bro.
I asked Ebuka to google something, and here you are saying something totally different.
By the way who said religious people are not educated? undecided

In fact its the educated religious people that often become atheists. Do you understand?

1 Like

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by DeSepiero(m): 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:

There are scientific studies that proof that a negative correlation exists between intelligence and belief in God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by winner01(m): 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
naijadeyhia:
Winners01 in the second video the girl that made these 2 statements shows demonic activity and reaction.

1) I HATE YOU

2) YOUR SIGN OFFENDS ME

Her outbursts were totally unprovoked and just hated the man and his sign and went ballistic.

Atheism is demonic.

Cloudgoddess; for saying the world would be better without religion. She is a self acclaimed scientist and here is scientific proof that the world would do better without atheism...Note that she never presented any scientific proof to her claims.

Atheists dont make statements based on scientific findings, but based on emotions. Cloudgoddess is a pseudoscientist who believes that humanity came from slime and rocks and then blind processes began to direct themselves meaningfully and thus created intelligence.
It is not real science, we know who real scientists were/are and what they believed in. I want to know what the theory of evolution has done for humanity. Science is not blind, these ones want to make it their god.

Atheists usually let their emotions get the better part of them. Its never about logic.
Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01; your obsession with atheism is disturbing. Your thread title states one thing while the body of the thread states another. It's somehow like you can't create a coherent thread without involving atheism.

Chill, sire, chill.

3 Likes

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by winner01(m): 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2016
DeSepiero:

There are scientific studies that proof that a negative correlation exists between intelligence and belief in God.
Can we have such studies?

We already know some noteable studies were popularised in

CNN
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/11/study-more-educated-tend-to-be-more-religious-by-some-measures/ ),

Daily Mail
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2025166/The-education-people-receive-religious-become.html )

Education positively affects religious participation, devotional activities, and emphasizing the importance of religion in daily life" Springer: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs13644-011-0007-4

Can we have some proof from credible sources other than the waving of your hands or false articles from atheist websites which are as desperate as you are?
Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by winner01(m): 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
SirWere:
winner01; your obsession with atheism is disturbing. Your thread title states one thing while the body of the thread states another. It's somehow like you can't create a coherent thread without involving atheism.

Chill, sire, chill.
The day you say this about atheists who talk about christianity instead of atheists then Ill take you seriously.

1 Like

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by DeSepiero(m): 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
Can we have such studies?

We already know some noteable studies were popularised in

CNN
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/11/study-more-educated-tend-to-be-more-religious-by-some-measures/ ),

Daily Mail
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2025166/The-education-people-receive-religious-become.html )

Education positively affects religious participation, devotional activities, and emphasizing the importance of religion in daily life" Springer: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs13644-011-0007-4

Can we have some proof other than the waving of your hands?

You should present more of journal articles published by researchers and not links to news headlines by journalists and media houses.

Graeme, Paton (11 June 2008). "Intelligent people 'less likely to believe in God'". The Telegraph.

Lynn, Richard; John Harvey; Helmuth Nyborg (2009). "Average intelligence predicts atheism rates across 137 nations". Intelligence. 37: 11–15. doi:10.1016/j.intell.2008.03.004. Retrieved 2015-05-25.

"Analytic thinking can decrease religious belief, study shows". Science Daily. 26 April 2012.

Zuckerman, Miron; Silberman, Jordan; Hall, Judith A. (2013). "The Relation Between Intelligence and Religiosity: A Meta-Analysis and Some Proposed Explanations". Personality and Social Psychology Review. 17: 325–354. doi:10.1177/1088868313497266

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by DeSepiero(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
Winner01,

In the 1990s a study of members of the American National Academy of Sciences reported that 7% believed in the existence of God, as compared with approximately 90% found in a poll of the general population (Larsen & Witham, 1998).

Larsen, E. L., &Witham, L. (1998). Leading scientists still reject God.Nature,394, 313.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by DeSepiero(m): 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
The day you say this about atheists who talk about christianity instead of atheists then Ill take you seriously.

But their "obsession" is usually limited. Most atheists; after a while, usually contend themselves with silence and staying in the background after realizing the futility of continous arguments.

You, on the other hand, continue to "preach" against atheists, in a horribly misjudged fashion.

Chill, sire.

Take a break from the religious section, open a thread somewhere else. Your profile is chock-filled with threads on Atheism and nothing on the Christianity you claim to practice. All in all,

Just Chill.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by DeSepiero(m): 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2016
Winner01 come and debunk these researches o grin

A meta-analysis has found a negative correlation between intelligence quotient (IQ) and religiosity (Zuckerman et al., 2013).

Zuckerman, Miron; Silberman, Jordan; Hall, Judith A. (2013). "The Relation Between Intelligence and Religiosity: A Meta-Analysis and Some Proposed Explanations". Personality and Social Psychology Review. 17: 325–354. doi:10.1177/1088868313497266.

1 Like

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by DeSepiero(m): 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
SirWere:
But their "obsession" is usually limited. Most atheists; after a while, usually contend themselves with silence and staying in the background after realizing the futility of continous arguments.

You, on the other hand, continue to "preach" against atheists, in a horribly misjudged fashion.

Chill, sire.

Take a break from the religious section, open a thread somewhere else. Your profile is chock-filled with threads on Atheism and nothing on the Christianity you claim to practice. All in all,

Just Chill.

If I were as jobless as he is, given the time he spends in compiling all these garbage. I would have given him less to rant about long ago.
Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by DeSepiero(m): 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
...intelligent people are more prone to question irrational or unprovable religious dogmas ( Lynn et al, 2009).

1 Like

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by analice107: 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:
Good day my brothers and sisters in Christ, how do you feel when you are approached by an unbeliever.

Personally, I believe a real Christian should be happy that he has the chance to save a lost soul by reasoning together and discussions backed with intercessions.

Ive been approached by several muslim friends and was more than happy to hear them out and then present the Gospel of salvation to them. A few of them are saved today by the grace of God. I've never been approached by a neutral atheist but I've had discussions with atheist friends and colleagues. I hope an atheist extends his/her evangelism to me offline soon so that we can really have a hearty discussion. Trust me, its always better when you show this people how void their logic is, face to face such that any honest atheist leaves with even more questions about his own stand.

Its unthinkable that a Christian will be angry at an oppourtunity to preach the gospel. I mean, this is a direct order from God to all christians. Jesus preached the gospel everywhere he went and he is our standard. I believe our life, actions and words should preach the gospel anytime anywhere.

It's next to impossible to get recorded videos of angry atheists as proof of atheist intolerance, but I stumbled on the videos of some angry atheists online recently and decided to post the Videos here. Some of them were caught and recorded live on camera. One threathened to kill a preacher that approached him, another threathened to hack any preacher that approaches her to death.

Note: Please do not watch the video if you are easily offended by insults, some really serious foul languages and heavy swearing were used by the atheists therein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ulkFhAmE6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUJKp7lQW-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGIvqDKAD5g

These atheists above just need a little bit of power to become the next Mao, Stalin, Pot e.t.c
I think many muslims also share such intolerance as the above, personally I've witnessed such muslims.

Its sad that there is so much hatred and anger in the world.

Love is actually all we need to get along.

Jesus said in the book of John chapter 13:
"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I loved you."

He reiterates in few verses later:

"This is My command to you: Love one another."

Galatians 5:14 tells us about the prime Law.
"The entire Law is fulfilled in a single decree: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

I believe if we loved more, the world will be a better place.

So Christians, whats your reaction when unbelievers approach you?

cc: KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, seun, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, naijadeyhia, honourhim, kilo4sure, lordnicklaus, mabea, AlphaDex, felixomor, pidggin
Just NEGODU? All that anger. I keep saying it, atheists have real demons living in them. Juslukat?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by DeSepiero(m): 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
In conclusion, our investigation of religion and intelli-
gence in a large sample of US adults had the important
strength of assessing religious belief on a wide variety of
measures, as well as controlling for the effects of openness,
which may have confounded findings in previous work. We
observed that intelligence was negatively associated with
five of the six measures of religion, and most strongly with
fundamentalism, although effect sizes were typically modest.
In addition, openness positively predicted the spiritual
elements of religion, but was negatively associated with
fundamentalism (Lewis et al, 2011).

1 Like

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by MrPresident1: 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
Philippians 1:18
What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Whether in truth or in pretence, Christ is preached grin

naijadeyhia:
Winner01 in the second video the girl that made these 2 statements shows demonic activity and reaction.

1) I HATE YOU

2) YOUR SIGN OFFENDS ME

Atheism is demonic.

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by DeSepiero(m): 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
winner01:

Do you still want more proof that religion makes someone dumb?

2 Likes

Re: Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
DeSepiero:

If I were as jobless as he is, given the time he spends in compiling all these garbage. I would have given him less to rant about long ago.
It's so damn scary. He spents an interminable amount of time abusing atheists. I shudder to think of what will happen if his kid or anyone close to him turned out to be unsatsified with faith.

And what's funny is that it's from most of the deeply religious homes that most people turn out to be atheistic gringrin.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does Catching A Tortoise In A Dream Signifies / Things God Could Have Preserved To Prove The Truth Of The Bible / Muslim Gay Epidemic They Hide From You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.