Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

4 Ways To Overcome Delay - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Ways To Overcome Delay (870 Views)

How To Overcome Sexual Immoralities On Campus / "Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" / 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Ways To Overcome Delay by ojabel(m): 8:24am On Jul 24, 2016
Sometimes in our journey of life it may look as if things are going the other way against our wish and desire. In this article we shall examine four practical ways to overcome delay according to the experience of the prophet, Habakkuk.

17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
19 The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments. Hab.3

The situation in the land at the time of Habakkuk was such that it takes a man of faith to cope with happenings at the time. It was as if the opposite was the answer to all his prayers.
All that was happenings were negative and no positive. It was a trying period in the land and life of the man, Habakkuk. But in the midst of all these Habakkuk did not give up hope.
Why? Because, like the three Hebrews in the book of Daniel, He had prepared his mind both for the best and the worst. Dan.3:16-18

In our text, there are a few lessons to learn when it looks as if things were not going the way planned after we have done our part.

1 Whatever the situation we must learn to be positive: - don’t result to negate confession when the situation looks very tough. Don’t give up your life, home, marriage, health or career to the devil.

2. In a time like this you need the prayer of faith: - Jam.5:13-15. By faith we resist the devil. 1Pet.5;8-9. Faith is both substance and evidence. Heb.11:1. You can hold and see it in the spirit although it has not come to the physical.

3. Learn to rejoice: - 1Thess.5:16. Fill your heart with the joy of the Lord. You will secure joy in the presence of God. Ps.16:11. Joy is strength. Neh.8:9-10.

4. Learn to confess and walk in the victory that God has given you: - Ps.27:1. Don’t allow your situation to shut your mouth. Don’t allow what is happening now to tie your hands. Many pastors and believers’ today, the situation around them has shut their mouth. Don’t allow poverty or lack to make you tolerate unrighteousness.
God is and still will remain our strength. He will make us to His desire. He will grant us victory over the works of Satan.

Why the opposite?
In our text, there about six areas those things were not going the right way in the time of Habakkuk.
a. Fig
b. Vines
c. Olive
d. Field
e. Flock
f. Herd

We may not be able to talk about all these in this short sharing. But the implication of all these is that the devil is a thief with three fold missions- to steal, kill and to destroy your life. Jn.10:10. He enjoys preventing you from experiencing positive outcome in all your undertakings with passion. He is a thief. He is not your friend. He has a mission and that goal wasn’t going to be favourable to you in any way.

In concluding, this message is meant for the chief singer on his stringed instruments. Wow! We all have an element of song in our hearts. Here, the chief singer was still active. He has not given up his string instruments.
Have you stop singing the Lord’s song in the midst of adversity you are going through? Are your instruments of songs still active? Has your mouth been shut and your hands tied?

Feel free to share and comment!

Read the whole article here…4 ways To Overcome Delay http://jonadorc..com/2016/07/overcoming-delay.html?spref=tw

Re: 4 Ways To Overcome Delay by ros5: 8:50am On Jul 24, 2016
cool remain positive no matter the challenge.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top Funniest Christian Questions And Answers / Karma: / What Apostle Saviour Kika Said About MMM Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.