Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Microsoft Word Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Word Problem (2507 Views)

How To Password Document In Any Versions Of Microsoft Word. / Name The Year Of This Microsoft Word Screen Shot / How Do I Remove Hyperlinks Permanently From My Microsoft Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Word Problem by croj(m): 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2009
please i did a work in a cyber cafe with microsoft word. the work was about 27 pages so printing it there would cost me a lot of money. i tried printing it from another computer when i left the cyber cafe but the thing was not working.

this is the report it wrote:

select the encoding that makes your text readable
text encoding
windows(default) mc-dos other encoding

please can anyone help me out please because this work is very important to me
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by deji2009(m): 7:06pm On Sep 16, 2009
please i did a work in a cyber cafe with microsoft word. the work was about 27 pages so printing it there would cost me a lot of money. i tried printing it from another computer when i left the cyber cafe but the thing was not working.

this is the report it wrote:

text encoding

please can anyone help me out please because this work is very important to me

have been in this type of situation before which can be frustrating. ok, the simple thing really is did you save the word at the cafe using micorsoft word 2003 or 2007 version ? and also the computer you"re currently using to open it, is it microsoft 2003 ,2007, notepad or word pad

version? and lastly i dont expect you to know this but worth asking. what format did you saved the word e.g. doc or docx or pdf or txt we need. get back to us and we see what we can do for you.

I opened MS Word and went FILE>OPEN and then selected "RECOVER TEXT FROM ANY FILE" and then selected the file I needed. It still had some gabled txt but I could read and understand some of it. Good luck!
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by croj(m): 4:25pm On Sep 17, 2009
i think i saved it with microsoft 2003 and the file format is 'DOC'
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by BlackRevo: 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2009
croj:

i think i saved it with microsoft 2003

What he is actually asking is that did you save it in . doc, .docx, .pdf or .txt format.

Well since you used microsoft word i will limit the solution to doc and docx

Method  1

Open the file and then click on File > save as , but choose save as microsoft word 97 - 2003 format. Close the file and then open it again.

Method 2

go to this website on your computer http://www.zamzar.com/

Click on browse and select the word file then choose convert to doc and put your email in that box. Click on convert and then check your mail later to see if the document has been converted. Download it to your computer and then open it to see if it will open.

If it does not open follow the instruction as above but choose convert to docx and if still that does not work then choose convert to pdf.

Method 3

Download this file from Microsoft and install to your computer then open the file afterwards

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466&displaylang=en

make sure your system is up to date before installing this software.
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by deji2009(m): 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2009
Open the file and then click on File > save as , but choose save as microsoft word 97 - 2003 format. Close the

file and then open it again.

I think that works with vista OFFICE 2007 version. try what bro suggested, if no joy then open the file like he said and

save as then click on the drop down box to save as word document (.*doc) then save. then reopen using OFFICE

2003 not 2007 version. Good luck!
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by BlackRevo: 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2009
deji2009:

I think that works with vista OFFICE 2007 version. try what bro suggested, if no joy then open the file like he said and

save as then click on the drop down box to save as word document (.*doc) then save. then reopen using OFFICE

2003 not 2007 version. Good luck!

You are right deji, the problem was that the poster did not specify which version he used at the cyber cafe and what he is using at home neither did he specify what format he saved the original document with.
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by deji2009(m): 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2009
you got it bro. wink
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by Pires07(m): 12:47am On Sep 18, 2009
croj:

text encoding

lol, nice advice peeps. But first @poster, i want to start by asking this question; Is ur Flash Drive a good one? hopefully ur flash drive must have corrupted the document u saved it in. undecided, thats y the get the error msg above, try and use another flash to copy the work from the cafe. Then get back to us.

If u get msg concerning version compatibility then follow step 1. by Black_Revo 's post

Good Luck, bro. smiley
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by JobManager: 12:49am On Sep 18, 2009
@deji2009 and Black_Revo,
u guys have really treated this guy well. When i saw this post earlier in the day i was not quite sure what  to tell dis guy cos his information was kinda incomplete. Although ur solution are based on d best possible assumptions and possibilities (of what he may or may not have used i.e MS Word '03 or '07) you have tried for him.

@poster, Let me ask. Have gone back to the cafe to try and open it to see if it opens? If it does there, them I am sure u r using a difft version of MS Word ('07 @ d Cafe n yours '03). If it doesn't open at the cafe, and does not open after all the above suggestions, then it is also possible that the file is infected by a VIRUS. Not HIV; nor fear.
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by croj(m): 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2009
thanks all of you that posted. you are all God sent and you will be rewarded. i saved the file in 'DOC' format please.what now should i do?

please my flash is an LG 2gigabyte. how can i stop my flash from corrupting my files because almost all the files in my flash are either hard to open or corrupted.is it virus? if it is,how do i install an anti virus into my flash.

nairalanders,you all are wonderfully blessed
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by deji2009(m): 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2009
« #9 on: Today at 02:28:26 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks all of you that posted. you are all God sent and you will be rewarded. i saved the file in 'DOC' format please.what now should i do?

please my flash is an LG 2gigabyte. how can i stop my flash from corrupting my files because almost all the files in my flash are either hard to open or corrupted.is it virus? if it is,how do i install an anti virus into my flash.

nairalanders,you all are wonderfully blessed

ok, click start, my computer, look for the flash drive on the list right or left click and then look for scan for virus or something similar. This will scan the flash drive for any viruses after that then try to save the document. Good luck
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by zenus(m): 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2009
My advice to the person is to go back and copy it very well.

or if the document is in her flash but does not show, open files option and enable hidden files.
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by zenus(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2009
virus like to attack ms word document alot.
wen a virus delete ms-word doc.
it make that file to be hidden
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by scantee(m): 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2009
@ poster
there is no two things about your problem, from what i saw in your replies i agree with some people that reply you that is a version or file format problem, but your last post indicates that almost all the files in your flash drive is hard to open which means is a virus or flash problem, it has noting to do with version any more.

all you need to do is to try use another flash and copy the file.

note: done use send to, to send the file to your flash, rather i will advice that you open the work and use save as commad, now choose the flash drive from the save in box to save inside.

good luck
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by abeljohnsa: 8:25pm On Sep 19, 2009
Some conditions that cause your problem here are:

1) The version of MS Word u used at the Cyber cafe did not match with the other computer. i.e. the version of the cyber cafe ms word is higher than that of the other computer.

2) The way you saved it: i.e. may you saved it NOT on .doc (FILE TYPE) or you copied the file and pasted it as a shortcut into the other computer.

3) hey, i really don't have much to say know. so try these 1ssss
lipsrsealed
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by croj(m): 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2009
but could it be that the file is corrupt? if so,what can i do?

thanks to you all
Re: Microsoft Word Problem by 4llerbe(m): 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2009
dude sorry to disappoint you but that flash drive is fcked!!! pure and simple.
in naija here a very scarce commodity is a decent flash drive believe me! and never mind all the canvassing you hear, YOU CANNOT GET A N ORIGINAL FLASH DRIVE FROM IKEJA COMP VILLA. believe me iv bin a victim several times over. the flash corrupted your doc and probly every other thing in it, the flash memory is bad pure and simple.

try get another one, from where, is what i cannot say but i would hazard a guess and say you try the discount mega hardware stores like the game at the palms or such other places. if the ones they sell there are also bad, too bad for naija o!

(1) (Reply)

Research On Using Mtn Bis On Pc Without Vpn / Sold 8th Gen i7 Hp Pavilion 15 MX150 4bg Nvidia Graphics / Best Anti-virus For The Year Kaspersky For : With 2 Year License Key

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.