Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:08 PM

The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill? (2291 Views)

Christians And The Foolishness Of Freewill / Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill? by Maamin(m): 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
0ubenji:

Bro..I key into ur idea..but the question is why was GOD angry with dem upon eating the fruit if they had FREEWILL..
This FREEWILL term is stronger than we imagine oo..
---

I like illustrations a lot, it helps me bring out points in the simplest possible way..
If a babe tells u dat u're free to touch her anywhere u want..then u proceed to grab her Boobs, she slaps u afterwards(yet she gave u freewill with her body earlier)..
She said it was freewill, but her reaction says odawise..that, my bro is DECEPTION.
It's like giving som1 a blank cheque and get angry when the person writes a ridiculously high amount on it...is it nt funny?

Givin som1 FREEWILL means they r at liberty of their choices and whatever consequences therafter. It means u dnt av a sentimental stake in the virtue of their choice(i.e you're to reserve ur objections, if any). If u take an action upon dem as regards the choice dey made. You actually dint gv dem freewill..u merely tested them.

My friend your illustration has flaw. While God told Adam and Eve to eat all fruits in the garden except..your illustration only says "all her body part" without "exception."
Re: The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill? by 0ubenji(m): 7:08am On Jul 29, 2016
Maamin:

My friend your illustration has flaw. While God told Adam and Eve to eat all fruits in the garden except..your illustration only says "all her body part" without "exception."
God bless u so much for pointing out that flaw in my illustration..I actually missed the part where a condition was attached to a supposed Freewill..
I appreciate ur angle..it even helps me reiterate the fact that Freewill was non-existent as at then, atleast not with the clause.
Re: The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill? by Owliver(m): 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2016
Tellemall:

On the contrary, you are the confused one and should ignore, as it is the best option for you.

Freewill does not require a conscience. It means you can steal and kill if you please, and you don't have to feel bad about it. A conscience means that you are free to do so, too, but you know of the consequences and are worried about carrying out such evil acts because of their nature. A conscience is what maintains law nowadays. But we tend to think of criminals evil because they do not listen to their conscience and in some instances do not have one.

Next time, before you display your lower reasoning, try and stop to think.

so God was stupid for instructing them then? why did he tell them the consequences if they eat the fruit? you are saying He was stupid for giving instructions to humans with no conscience?

do you even know what is conscience? conscience comes from the word consciousness. meaning life.

now look at the pics. God instructed them not to eat(wrong) vs right. shows they had conscience.
the instruction was for then to watch their behavior in the garden.

everything that has life has consciousness(conscience).

you idiot

reply and argue to confirm your idiocy. am waiting. grin

Re: The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill? by Maamin(m): 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
0ubenji:

God bless u so much for pointing out that flaw in my illustration..I actually missed the part where a condition was attached to a supposed Freewill..
I appreciate ur angle..it even helps me reiterate the fact that Freewill was non-existent as at then, atleast not with the clause.

No! you got it wrong. Freewill has nothing to do with condition, it is not attached to any condition whatsoever, but rather it is the choices (good or bad) that you make which has a repacaution..hope you get that?
Re: The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill? by 0ubenji(m): 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2016
Maamin:

No! you got it wrong. Freewill has nothing to do with condition, it is not attached to any condition whatsoever, but rather it is the choices (good or bad) that you make which has a repacaution..hope you get that?
*repercussion*..

Being mandated to eat fruits of evry tree in a garden aside one particular tree is not an expression of freewill, sinx thrz a condition not to eat fruit of one particular tree..
U can't invite me to a buffet to eat and drink any food being served except one nd tel me "I'm free to eat anything"..what if wat u dnt want me to eat is what I actually want?
Then u've hampered my freewill..give dat a tot..
This is a debate of the contextual application of the "freewill" term to the event of man's downfall..
Examine d scenario genesis illustrated and the actual meaning of freewill...they don't correlate..
Man never had freewill b4 eating that fruit..
Now, speaking of repercussion(as in ur comment)..if the repercussion of the choice Adam nd Eve made was influenced by God(as genesis put it), as read in the book of Genesis that God cursed dem afterwards..then he neva gave dem freewill in the actual sense as u try to put..nah..
The bible paints us a picture of Adam and Eve as haven disobeyed God..
U can only disobey an order/decree/command..but u can never disobey what u've been given FREEWILL to do..
Re: The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill? by Maamin(m): 10:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
0ubenji:

*repercussion*..

Being mandated to eat fruits of evry tree in a garden aside one particular tree is not an expression of freewill, sinx thrz a condition not to eat fruit of one particular tree..
U can't invite me to a buffet to eat and drink any food being served except one nd tel me "I'm free to eat anything"..what if wat u dnt want me to eat is what I actually want?
Then u've hampered my freewill..give dat a tot..
This is a debate of the contextual application of the "freewill" term to the event of man's downfall..
Examine d scenario genesis illustrated and the actual meaning of freewill...they don't correlate..
Man never had freewill b4 eating that fruit..
Now, speaking of repercussion(as in ur comment)..if the repercussion of the choice Adam nd Eve made was influenced by God(as genesis put it), as read in the book of Genesis that God cursed dem afterwards..then he neva gave dem freewill in the actual sense as u try to put..nah..
The bible paints us a picture of Adam and Eve as haven disobeyed God..
U can only disobey an order/decree/command..but u can never disobey what u've been given FREEWILL to do..

Thanks for the correction in the place of my bad spelling of "repercussion" though it happens sometimes where some spellings eludes us. wink

Your understanding of freewill baffles me..let's say u have your freewill to decide to wake up one faithful day and pounce on ur parent but you are not doing this, why? Because you know the repercussion that will follow which is 'curse(s)' but you still decided to go ahead and do so bringing upon yourself curse. Will you still consider your parent compromising your expression of your freewill ?

Now, been given freewill does not mean orders and commandment or conditions can't be given as well. But in as much as the freewill (right to either obey or disobey ) solely and wholely belongs to Adam and Eve.

Same way the right to dish out (reward or punishment ) belongs to the order and commandment giver in the person of (God)

Henceforth, freewill still implies that you have the will to either be good or bad person in which both choices you are bound to make attracts either reward or punishment because a condition is given (in the case of Adam and Eve)

Note: this does not overrule their freewill because it is their choice to make.

I might not answer you again..shalom aleikhem!
Re: The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill? by Tellemall: 12:04am On Jul 30, 2016
Owliver:

so God was stupid for instructing them then? why did he tell them the consequences if they eat the fruit? you are saying He was stupid for giving instructions to humans with no conscience?

do you even know what is conscience? conscience comes from the word consciousness. meaning life.

now look at the pics. God instructed them not to eat(wrong) vs right. shows they had conscience.
the instruction was for then to watch their behavior in the garden.

everything that has life has consciousness(conscience).

you idiot

reply and argue to confirm your idiocy. am waiting. grin

If you want responses, don't start off like a mad dog in here.

When your owners have leashed you and given you a good time in the doghouse, I'm sure your lower reasoning will upgrade to that of a regular canine.
Maybe then you will be given further notice.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill? by 0ubenji(m): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
Maamin:

Thanks for the correction in the place of my bad spelling of "repercussion" though it happens sometimes where some spellings eludes us. wink

Your understanding of freewill baffles me..let's say u have your freewill to decide to wake up one faithful day and pounce on ur parent but you are not doing this, why? Because you know the repercussion that will follow which is 'curse(s)' but you still decided to go ahead and do so bringing upon yourself curse. Will you still consider your parent compromising your expression of your freewill ?

Now, been given freewill does not mean orders and commandment or conditions can't be given as well. But in as much as the freewill (right to either obey or disobey ) solely and wholely belongs to Adam and Eve.

Same way the right to dish out (reward or punishment ) belongs to the order and commandment giver in the person of (God)

Henceforth, freewill still implies that you have the will to either be good or bad person in which both choices you are bound to make attracts either reward or punishment because a condition is given (in the case of Adam and Eve)

Note: this does not overrule their freewill because it is their choice to make.

I might not answer you again..shalom aleikhem!
The fact that I can't pounce on my parents to beat them, IF I HAPPEN TO FEEL LIKE, coz I'm scared of the consequences from their end is never a definition of freewill..I don't av the freedom to do as I wud av wanted..the fact that a child is obedient doesn't necessarily tell us that's what he wud av loved to do, IF HE HAD THE FREEWILL pass from his parents. *When a deterrent measure is consequential to any action, freewill is non-existent*
The moment u fink of that deterrent measure, it definitely controls how u act. A controlled act is never FREEWILLED
-------------------------
Idi Amin, the infamous Ugandan dictator used to say "you have freedom of speech, but freedom after speech? That I can't guarantee"...#Food4thought.
------------------------

free will.

noun.

Popularity: Bottom 50% of words.
Simple Definition of free will.

:
the ability to choose how to act
:
the ability to make choices that are not controlled by fate or
God.

Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary.

Examples: free will in a sentence.

Full Definition of free will
:
voluntary choice or decision <I do this of my own free will>
:
freedom of humans to make choices that are not
determined by prior causes or by divine intervention.
-----------------

This is my parting gift to u dear friend..u obviously av missed some classes in semantics..
Irrespective of ur reply..Am done with this argument..

Nice meeting U....
Re: The Tree Of Knowledge: Cause Of Freewill? by Owliver(m): 11:53am On Aug 01, 2016
Tellemall:

If you want responses, don't start off like a mad dog in here.

When your owners have leashed you and given you a good time in the doghouse, I'm sure your lower reasoning will upgrade to that of a regular canine.
Maybe then you will be given further notice.
I thought you'd argue more. you just proved smarter by not arguing.

kudos

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Christian Lose His Salvation? / Yoruba Religion Finds Roots In America / Adolf Hitler Was under The Influence Of EVIL DEMONS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.