Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. (5259 Views)

Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief / Is Atheism A Religion? / My Journey To Atheism (A Story Of An Ex Muslim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
m
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 6:31pm On Jul 24, 2016
Lilbrown007:
grin

Winner01 won't come across this in his so called research. Common sense won't let his biased mind to know this.
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
DeSepiero:

Winner01 won't come across this in his so called research. Common sense won't let his biased mind to know this.
Winner01 Always Deals With Fact Lies In Her Posts

2 Likes

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by KingEbukaNaija: 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
Oh no ! I missed a lot ... big party ... winner01 , beautiful write up .... I see DeSpeiro whinning cool ... effective , very effective ...

Now joining the party cool

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
This is all really funny, honestly.
You first of all mentioned some atheists who committed heinous crimes. . . You think it was because they're atheists? No. . . most of them are probably struggling with one problem or the other. For example, Dylan Klebold. I've read extensively, and done so much research on the Columbine High school shootings. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris were continually bullied everyday by the white cap wearing athletes, the jocks. . . they had trouble interacting with people, and were severely depressed. . . They had been put on several different antidepressants, and weren't cured. Probably it was after all this pain they endured that when they asked the Christian Yahweh to help them out, they received no answer. Will you then say they committed their crimes because they were atheists? No. That's what you don't get. When you quote crimes committed by atheists, the perpetrators didn't commit those crimes BECAUSE they were atheists. . . but when you see religious people 'fighting for their god', that's what we mean when we say they are committing crimes BECAUSE of their religion. . .
Secondly, in one of the pictures there, they made a really funny statement. Atheists committing logical fallacies. . .Are you f**king kidding me? The whole bible itself is a logical fallacy.
Yes, I won't deny that some people became atheists out of emotional decisions and not based on logic, but the fact remains that you cannot correlate the description of your god with real life. The dots don't just connect.
But then again, I understand that Christianity is what helps some people to go through life. . . If you need Christianity to tell you to show love to your fellow human being, then by all means, go for it. But telling me that its completely logical and makes perfect sense. . . oboi, I no gree for that one o

4 Likes

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Oh no ! I missed a lot ... big party ... winner01 , beautiful write up .... I see DeSpeiro whinning cool ... effective , very effective ...

Now joining the party cool
Welcome bro. grin
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2016
DeSepiero:

Oh! so you know bias?!
Its strange you've never used the word for atheists who open similar threads
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by KingEbukaNaija: 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
AnonyNymous:
You first of all mentioned some atheists who committed heinous crimes. . . You think it was because they're atheists? No. . . most of them are probably struggling with one problem or the other. For example, Dylan Klebold. I've read extensively, and done so much research on the Columbine High school shootings. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris were continually bullied everyday by the white cap wearing athletes, the jocks. . . they had trouble interacting with people, and were severely depressed. . . They had been put on several different antidepressants, and weren't cured. Probably it was after all this pain they endured that when they asked the Christian Yahweh to help them out, they received no answer. Will you then say they committed their crimes because they were atheists? No. That's what you don't get. When you quote crimes committed by atheists, the perpetrators didn't commit those crimes BECAUSE they were atheists. . . but when you see religious people 'fighting for their god', that's what we mean when we say they are committing crimes BECAUSE of their religion. . .

No true Christian will perpetrate any crime . Committing Crimes is against Christ's teaching . You know this , stop being inane with this ignorant talk . Atheists have no foundation of morality , so they subscribe to expedience and not moral absolutism like we Christian do . Atheists lack any moral compass , that's why they can easily commit any crime without compunction or any show of contrition . To them , no good no evil - they are living life devoid of morality .

Secondly, in one of the pictures there, they made a really funny statement. Atheists committing logical fallacies. . .Are you f**king kidding me? The whole bible itself is a logical fallacy.

The bible is true and logical . Atheists purport themselves as people replete with logical reasoning , so exposing the falsehood in that is totally logical

Yes, I won't deny that some people became atheists out of emotional decisions and not based on logic, but the fact remains that you cannot correlate the description of your god with real life. The dots don't just connect.

No , you may not have the brains for that I think

But then again, I understand that Christianity is what helps some people to go through life. . . If you need Christianity to tell you to show love to your fellow human being, then by all means, go for it. But telling me that its completely logical and makes perfect sense. . . oboi, I no gree for that one o

The didactic story of the Samaritan shared by our Lord Jesus Christ shows that he loves when humans show love and care to another . Jesus gave us a reason to love , God is love . He exhorts us to show love - he made the greatest commandment for man and it says :

Mark 12:30-31
30 and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

But according to the words of atheist High Priest , Richard Dawkins

The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so. If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural state of starvation and misery is restored. In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won’t find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, [size=14pt]no design, no purpose, no evil, no good,[/size] nothing but pitiless indifference.

Atheists have NO REASON to love , show compassion , solicitude to a fellow human since he has explicitly agreed that there is no good or evil . Love is good , love is pure , when you love someone , you are doing good to that person . No good , no love

Like the Samaritan helped that injured person - it is a show of love and showing love involves being good to someone else .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by hopefulLandlord: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
AnonyNymous:

You made a lot of sense
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

You made a lot of sense
This is the only sense he made.

AnonyNymous:

Just that we are not forcing on you the logic of our claims.
Any body has the right to say anything, if you do not like it, you pass.

Thats freedom. Thats what christianity stands for.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

No true Christian will perpetrate any crime . Committing Crimes is against Christ's teaching . You know this , stop being inane with this ignorant talk . Atheists have no foundation of morality , so they subscribe to expedience and not moral absolutism like we Christian do . Atheists lack any moral compass , that's why they can easily commit any crime without compunction or any show of contrition . To them , no good no evil - they are living life devoid of morality .

The bible is true and logical . Atheists purport themselves as people replete with logical reasoning , so exposing the falsehood in that is totally logical

The didactic story of the Samaritan shared by our Lord Jesus Christ shows that he loves when humans show love and care to another . Jesus gave us a reason to love , God is love . He exhorts us to show love - he made the greatest commandment for man and it says :

30 and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so. If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural state of starvation and misery is restored. In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won’t find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, [size=14pt]no design, no purpose, no evil, no good,
nothing but pitiless indifference.

Atheists have NO REASON to love , show compassion , solicitude to a fellow human since he has explicitly agreed that there is no good or evil . Love is good , love is pure , when you love someone , you are doing good to that person . No good , no love

Like the Samaritan helped that injured person - it is a show of love and showing love involves being good to someone else .[/size]

Brilliant!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so. If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural state of starvation and misery is restored. In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won’t find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, [size=14pt]no design, no purpose, no evil, no good,[/size] nothing but pitiless indifference.

Like the Samaritan helped that injured person - it is a show of love and showing love involves being good to someone else .
The bible is illogical, it doesn't make sense, but since you believe it does, I'll let you believe that. lol.
Now you say you have a reason to show love, because of your bible. It means that you are kind to your fellow human being because your bible tells you to, which means that if your religion tells you to kill people, you will kill too. Thank goodness it doesn't. Islam already does that.
This brings us to a very important question. . . atheism/agnosticism, and morality. A lot of atheists think this is easy to explain, but it isn't. For a person that believes in talking snakes, and that the world is 6000 years old, I'll try my best to break it down for you.
Now, in science, we have different kinds of animals, one is social animals e.g ants. Humans are also social animals.
From the beginning of the human race, it has always been the survival of the fittest. Humans, however, are intelligent beings. We recognized that the 'survival of the fittest' model isn't best for us. imagine a bunch of crabs in a bucket. When one is trying to make its way out, others inside drag it down so they can make their way out. In the end, nobody makes its way out. Nobody wins. However, humans, being higher animals, found out that everybody can win if we all work together to 'climb out of the bucket'. In other words, we can make life easier by working together for each other's benefit. We've already seen through experience, that the selfish model doesn't work. This led us to establish rules in place that would ensure the protection of everyone. Mr.A may not be physically strong, but he might be super intelligent. For Mr.B, it might be the opposite. When Mr.A and Mr.B work together they produce things that both of them enjoy. Life becomes easier. Rules and regulations, enforced by governments, which we created, ensure that everybody has an equal chance to contribute to the benefit of the human race. If you choose to be lazy and sleep, so far you are not infringing on anyone's human rights, nobody has a problem with you. You didn't add any value, you didn't take it out. But the rules that declare human rights make sure everyone has an equal chance to contribute. If we didn't all work together, this very phone I'm using to type wouldnt be here.
You, on the other hand, take your bible as a reason to be good. Arbitrary statements by men who claim to be 'inspired' by some suya loving being.
No good Christian will commit any crime? If you believe that Christianity does not have a violent history, then you need to do your research. The Christian 'dark ages' set us back in technology and enlightenment by 1500 years. They were busy basing all their decisions, their 'morality' off of arbitrary statements, by some god, instead of having a real reason to do the things they did that would benefit us collectively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by KingEbukaNaija: 8:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
winner01:

Brilliant!!!

Thanks bro cool
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by Ranchhoddas: 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
winner01:
This is by no means the full list of the attrocities commited by atheists. These are just the ones I can lay my hands on at the moment.

I'm only trying to educate the atheists who antagonize peoples of faith and think religion (especially islam), has a monopoly of violence.

We dont get such info. here often, and so if you will, please relax and let people find out the hoplessness offered by atheism.
Please your next thread should be on the ratio of atheists to theists in prisons worldwide. That shouldn't be hard.
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Please your next thread should be on the ratio of atheists to theists in prisons worldwide. That shouldn't be hard.
Why not lets look at the population of atheist to theists world wide.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by Ranchhoddas: 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
winner01:
Why not lets look at the population of atheist to theists world wide.

grin grin grin
Why do 99.9 percent of criminals apprehended blame the devil? Could it because they are atheists?

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Why do 99.9 percent of criminals apprehended blame the devil? Could it because they are atheists?
Which ones?
The ones deliberately reported by nairaland?
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by hopefulLandlord: 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2016

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by Ranchhoddas: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
winner01:
Which ones?
The ones deliberately reported by nairaland?
I won't respond again until you go and defend Christianity on that other thread about Hitler and your God.
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by KingEbukaNaija: 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2016
AnonyNymous:

The bible is illogical, it doesn't make sense, but since you believe it does, I'll let you believe that. lol.
That's what I said na . You may not have the brains for that . Look at we christians , we are much smarter than you guys and we believe the bible and have proven how tenable it is . It survived 4,000 years - from its early texts - of scrutiny .

Now you say you have a reason to show love, because of your bible. It means that you are kind to your fellow human being because your bible tells you to,

I love because Christ exhorts me too . He is love , he gives me a reason to still love people who hurt me , who try to bring me down . He gives me a reason to forgive , to love , to care even my worst enemies . I'm sorry I can't say same for the atheists . Its being hatred for the religious and rancor against God from the onset .

which means
Are we going to see another Albert Einstein moment ... fingers crossed

that if your religion tells you to kill people, you will kill too.

And yes ! The average atheist never disappoints . Irrational conclusions . My lifestyle as a Christian never makes me to kill people .

Thank goodness it doesn't. Islam already does that.
Then why did you mention in the first place . Atheism in the name of communism imposes Atheism on people and it requires the life of a contumacious insubordinate religious person . Atheism is wickedness . Atheism is death . Atheism is hatred . Atheism is bigotry . Atheism is illogical .

This brings us to a very important question. . . atheism/agnosticism, and morality.

Atheists have no moral compass . Run along boy ! It has already being proven .

A lot of atheists think this is easy to explain, but it isn't.

Durrh ! There is nothing to explain in the first place

For a person that believes in talking snakes, and that the world is 6000 years old, I'll try my best to break it down for you.

I don't believe in talking snakes . I believe in God . I am an old earth creationist . Stop creating strawmen
[s]Now, in science, we have different kinds of animals, one is social animals e.g ants. Humans are also social animals.
From the beginning of the human race, it has always been the survival of the fittest. Humans, however, are intelligent beings. We recognized that the 'survival of the fittest' model isn't best for us. imagine a bunch of crabs in a bucket. When one is trying to make its way out, others inside drag it down so they can make their way out. In the end, nobody makes its way out. Nobody wins. However, humans, being higher animals, found out that everybody can win if we all work together to 'climb out of the bucket'. In other words, we can make life easier by working together for each other's benefit. We've already seen through experience, that the selfish model doesn't work. This led us to establish rules in place that would ensure the protection of everyone. Mr.A may not be physically strong, but he might be super intelligent. For Mr.B, it might be the opposite. When Mr.A and Mr.B work together they produce things that both of them enjoy. Life becomes easier. Rules and regulations, enforced by governments, which we created, ensure that everybody has an equal chance to contribute to the benefit of the human race. If you choose to be lazy and sleep, so far you are not infringing on anyone's human rights, nobody has a problem with you. You didn't add any value, you didn't take it out. But the rules that declare human rights make sure everyone has an equal chance to contribute. If we didn't all work together, this very phone I'm using to type wouldnt be here.[/s]

This is a quintessential red herring . Absolutely extraneous to this discussion . It is not germane in any way .

You, on the other hand, take your bible as a reason to be good. Arbitrary statements by men who claim to be 'inspired' by some suya loving being.

God does not eat . God is not a human being that needs to eat. Stop creating strawmen , if you can't have a logical discussion with me . FLEEEE !!
No good Christian will commit any crime?

I just explained why .The bible is against depravities .

If you believe that Christianity does not have a violent history, then you need to do your research.

I am king ebuka. I've been a researcher from a young age .

The Christian 'dark ages' set us back in technology and enlightenment by 1500 years.

1500 years ? You could not even lie with sense . Modern science kicked off in the 11th century with the Muslims i.e close to 1000 years after Christ's death .

Let's see how daft your lie is :

(1000 AD + 1500 )= 2500

And we are in 2016 ...

We all know Education counteracts ignorance and promotes enlightenment - that explains why we go to school . Top universities around the world had CHRISTIAN ROOTS not atheist roots . So much for logical reasoning grin

Most of the colleges in the United States that started over 300 years ago were Bible-proclaiming schools originally. We have :

Harvard and Yale , originally Puritan , and Princeton was originally called Presbyterian . Harvard was even named after a Christian minister. A clergyman started Yale and Princeton’s first year of class was taught by Reverend Jonathan Dickinson.

In the UK :
-Oxford University was established by various religious orders.
-Cambridge University was established in 1209 by Christian leaders.
-Saint Andrews, Scotland’s oldest university, was founded principally for the teaching and study of theology.
-The University of Edinburgh was founded under Presbyterian auspices.

If Christianity hindered progress , how come Christians established prestigious universities - citadels of learning .

How come the earliest scientists between the 14th and 18th century were Christians . Christians made different discoveries . The bible is against any who is an impediment to progress .

In fact , the Muslims started Modern Science while the Atheists were always concerned with political theories - Marxism , Leninism , Communism - and philosophy

They were busy basing all their decisions, their 'morality' off of arbitrary statements, by some god, instead of having a real reason to do the things they did that would benefit us collectively.

Like I said the atheists created political theories - COMMUNISM - this sick virus pervaded the minds of atheist leaders and they ended the lives of 250 million people ; prospective scientists , businessmen , doctors simply because they were religious ! Shutting down Christian schools and even burning them .

It looks it was atheism all these while that hindered progress grin

Sorry bro ... you've been OWNED !

** drops pen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by hopefulLandlord: 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
[s]
That's what I said na . You may not have the brains for that . Look at we christians , we are much smarter than you guys and we believe the bible and have proven how tenable it is . It survived 4,000 years - from its early texts - of scrutiny .

I love because Christ exhorts me too . He is love , he gives me a reason to still love people who hurt me , who try to bring me down . He gives me a reason to forgive , to love , to care even my worst enemies . I'm sorry I can't say same for the atheists . Its being hatred for the religious and rancor against God from the onset .

Are we going to see another Albert Einstein moment ... fingers crossed

And yes ! The average atheist never disappoints . Irrational conclusions . My lifestyle as a Christian never makes me to kill people .

Then why did you mention in the first place . Atheism in the name of communism imposes Atheism on people and it requires the life of a contumacious insubordinate religious person . Atheism is wickedness . Atheism is death . Atheism is hatred . Atheism is bigotry . Atheism is illogical .

Atheists have no moral compass . Run along boy ! It has already being proven .
[
quote]A lot of atheists think this is easy to explain, but it isn't.
Durrh ! There is nothing to explain in the first place

For a person that believes in talking snakes, and that the world is 6000 years old, I'll try my best to break it down for you.

I don't believe in talking snakes . I believe in God . I am an old earth creationist . Stop creating strawmen
[s]Now, in science, we have different kinds of animals, one is social animals e.g ants. Humans are also social animals.
From the beginning of the human race, it has always been the survival of the fittest. Humans, however, are intelligent beings. We recognized that the 'survival of the fittest' model isn't best for us. imagine a bunch of crabs in a bucket. When one is trying to make its way out, others inside drag it down so they can make their way out. In the end, nobody makes its way out. Nobody wins. However, humans, being higher animals, found out that everybody can win if we all work together to 'climb out of the bucket'. In other words, we can make life easier by working together for each other's benefit. We've already seen through experience, that the selfish model doesn't work. This led us to establish rules in place that would ensure the protection of everyone. Mr.A may not be physically strong, but he might be super intelligent. For Mr.B, it might be the opposite. When Mr.A and Mr.B work together they produce things that both of them enjoy. Life becomes easier. Rules and regulations, enforced by governments, which we created, ensure that everybody has an equal chance to contribute to the benefit of the human race. If you choose to be lazy and sleep, so far you are not infringing on anyone's human rights, nobody has a problem with you. You didn't add any value, you didn't take it out. But the rules that declare human rights make sure everyone has an equal chance to contribute. If we didn't all work together, this very phone I'm using to type wouldnt be here.

This is a quintessential red herring . Absolutely extraneous to this discussion . It is not germane in any way .

God does not eat . God is not a human being that needs to eat. Stop creating strawmen , if you can't have a logical discussion with me . FLEEEE !!
No good Christian will commit any crime?

I just explained why .The bible is against depravities .

If you believe that Christianity does not have a violent history, then you need to do your research.

I am king ebuka. I've been a researcher from a young age .

The Christian 'dark ages' set us back in technology and enlightenment by 1500 years.

1500 years ? You could not even lie with sense . Modern science kicked off in the 11th century with the Muslims i.e close to 1000 years after Christ's death .

Let's see how daft your lie is :

(1000 AD + 1500 )= 2500

And we are in 2016 ...

We all know Education counteracts ignorance and promotes enlightenment - that explains why we go to school . Top universities around the world had CHRISTIAN ROOTS not atheist roots . So much for logical reasoning grin

Most of the colleges in the United States that started over 300 years ago were Bible-proclaiming schools originally. We have :

Harvard and Yale , originally Puritan , and Princeton was originally called Presbyterian . Harvard was even named after a Christian minister. A clergyman started Yale and Princeton’s first year of class was taught by Reverend Jonathan Dickinson.

In the UK :
-Oxford University was established by various religious orders.
-Cambridge University was established in 1209 by Christian leaders.
-Saint Andrews, Scotland’s oldest university, was founded principally for the teaching and study of theology.
-The University of Edinburgh was founded under Presbyterian auspices.

If Christianity hindered progress , how come Christians established prestigious universities - citadels of learning .

How come the earliest scientists between the 14th and 18th century were Christians . Christians made different discoveries . The bible is against any who is an impediment to progress .

In fact , the Muslims started Modern Science while the Atheists were always concerned with political theories - Marxism , Leninism , Communism - and philosophy

They were busy basing all their decisions, their 'morality' off of arbitrary statements, by some god, instead of having a real reason to do the things they did that would benefit us collectively.

Like I said the atheists created political theories - COMMUNISM - this sick virus pervaded the minds of atheist leaders and they ended the lives of 250 million people ; prospective scientists , businessmen , doctors simply because they were religious ! Shutting down Christian schools and even burning them .

It looks it was atheism all these while that hindered progress grin

Sorry bro ... you've been OWNED !

** drops pen[/s]

Trash, another rant, you only own people in your head

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 9:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I won't respond again until you go and defend Christianity on that other thread about Hitler and your God.
My God is not the man you have created in your brains.

When you make valid comparisons, then you can cal me.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

So this is the best you can do?! undecided

You should run away in shame and never come back.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by KingEbukaNaija: 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

This a case of heavy duty trailer (king ebuka) vs a toy truck (hopefulLandlord)

You are no match cool

That explains this cheap puerile response

5 Likes

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by hopefulLandlord: 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2016
winner01:
So this is the best you can do?! undecided

You should run away in shame and never come back.

Bro, generalisation is not the best especially when talking about an unorganized group of people

That's why it's a rant
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by JackBizzle: 11:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
So according to kingebukanaija and winner01, christians do not commit crimes?

The molesting priests and pastors nko? The crusades? The child witch abuse? The murderous Jesuit's?

3 Likes

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 12:12am On Jul 25, 2016
JackBizzle:
So according to kingebukanaija and winner01, christians do not commit crimes?

The molesting priests and pastors nko? The crusades? The child witch abuse? The murderous Jesuit's?
The thread focuses on the hopelessness of atheism. stick to that.
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by KingEbukaNaija: 12:57am On Jul 25, 2016
winner01:

When they can't provide a good response ,they derail the thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by hopefulLandlord: 7:04am On Jul 25, 2016
winner01:
In other words, you have nothing to say to that grin
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by KingEbukaNaija: 11:12am On Jul 25, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

In other words, you have nothing to say to that grin

He is derailing . And derailing is wrong

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Juju Real? / Sango, Thor And Zeus....same Gods, Different Cultures / ”my Son Saddens Me”—septuagenarian Father Of Gay Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.