Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc (1124 Views)

PDP Senators Block Sonni Ogbuoji's Defection To APC / PDP Reacts To Atiku's Defection To The Party / Omogunwa's Defection To APC: PDP Senators Walk Out On Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by Marvin67: 6:22pm On Jul 24, 2016
Dear Tonyebarcanista

I must confess that I follow your commnets and update on nairaland eventhough I hardly comment on political issues as I consider it a waste of time for youths of this country to be fighting each other online for the sake of any political party. However a recent quote by you where you described Ribadu as an asset to PDP has made me decide to write to you and bring the following points to your notice.

First, if a person isnt loyal to you that person cannot be an asset to you. Ribadu was not loyal to PDP, if he was he wouldn't have jumped ship so soon after joining the party less than 3 years ago.
Permit me to ask you what Ribadu's contribution to PDP in terms of votes in numbers during the last election was. The man couldn't even deliver his local government. Meanwhile there's Dankwanbo (governor of gombe state) who despite the hurricane APC in the north was able to hold down Gombe for PDP, and is still doing well as governor of the state. That's the man who should be described as an asset. If PDP needs a president from the north, they should looks towards Dankwanbo, who has been loyal even through the party's darkest moments.
Finally, I doubt if Ribadu would make a good president. Ribadu to me would be another Buhari who would spend all his time fighting his political enemies while the nation suffers.

My brother. If your party would win in 2019 , it would be because of the political strength of it's candidate. If PDP needs a journey man, they should throw thier presidential ticket to Kwankwanso. If they need a loyal party man it should be Dankwanbo. Let Ribadu stay in APC where his loyalty lies for now.

God bless Nigeria. God bless you Barcanista

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by menxer: 6:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
E don set.

Let me wait for the counter strike.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by DRISKLEF(m): 6:27pm On Jul 24, 2016
Duelly noted.
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by babyfaceafrica: 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
Lol
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by modath(f): 6:30pm On Jul 24, 2016
Unfortunately Dankwambo's reach isn't national.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by DIVINE78: 6:31pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ribadu miscalculated by joining PDP in the first place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by modath(f): 6:31pm On Jul 24, 2016
Unfortunately, Dankwambo's reach isn't national.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by DRISKLEF(m): 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2016
grin
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by Firefire(m): 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2016
Political prostitues, same people running after their personal pockets.

APC = PDP

Let everyone know this fact, nothing like progressive or Change.

4 Likes

Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by ChiefOloye(m): 6:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
PDP already have their candidates for 2019 in Saraki and Ekweremadu, as president and vice president respectively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by GogetterMD(m): 6:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
Firefire:
Political prostitues, same people running after their personal pockets.

APC = PDP

Let everyone know this fact, nothing like progressive or Change.
Quoting this for future reference grin
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by SirWahl1: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
First as at when this statement was made, Ribadu was still with the umbrella and his loyalty was not in doubt. They say every politics is local and according to Ribadu he just had to ailing with his people to join the APC painful as it is, we have to respect and accept that decision.
This takes away nothing from the personality and brand "Ribadu"
Winning presidency is not winning a governorship election any one who would defeat the APC from the PDP must have a national presence and be very reliable which I think Damkwanbo doesn't have.
The APC have done lots of damage to Nigeria and in 2019 the PDP just needs a combinatio of good candidacy to win it

1 Like

Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by engineerboat(m): 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
ChiefOloye:
PDP already have their candidates for 2019 in Saraki and Ekweremadu, as president and vice president respectively.

Hmmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by erunz(m): 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
@OP the piece by you is awesome, but don't forget Barcanista has right to his own opinion, besides his write up was written before Ribadu decamped.
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
I feel honored by this open letter and I appreciate you in no small way.

However, I think you misconstrued my position o. Ribadu with respect to being an asset.

RIBADU may not be a politician with electoral clout(just like Udom Emmanuel, Fashola, Ambode etc), but he is one person/candidate that can be a sell for any party that presents him for election due to his 21st century mindset and transparent nature.

As a policeman, Ribadu was not engrossed in any controversy except his battle against corrupt elite and officers. Ribadu's love for his country was shown when he damned his party ACN to serve as Chairman of an investigative committee on petroleum industry during the tenure of Jonathan without taking a SINGLE KOBO as sitting allowance so as not to soil his name, and his report indicted even the serving minister of Petroleum Resources. In other words, he served without fear or favor.

Whether he will make a good President or not is subjective but his time as EFCC boss brought about the best brains including current Chairman Magu to serve in the agency. Ribadu along with Heroine Akunyili were the best resources during Obj era.

He lost Adamawa because PDP splitted into THREE camps, protest votes and Buhari breeze.

Personally, I think he left because PDP is yet to put their house in order though I'd have wished he stayed and help build the party. Nobody can hold it against Ribadu.

As for Dankwambo, apart from hearing his name I can't say much about him but I know he is with the umbrella.

We are united brother but Ribadu's exit is painful to the marrow.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by OGreat20(m): 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ribadu is on his way to his political misfortune.
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by iflywithbuhari(f): 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
OP don't waste your time. All barcanista and Dokpesi (his sponsor) are thinking of right now is how they will win the 2019 election and then rob the country blind.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by Ratello: 7:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
Ribadu may be a seasoned public servant with clean records at least judging by his colleagues however his lack of political stability is a negative imprint on him.
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by mumuto: 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
Barcanista. The name synonymous with Edo election.
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by DaBullIT(m): 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
I don tell Solomon , even if Chinese people enter Nigeria come vote PDP no fit win
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by dullardeen(m): 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
Epic!
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by Marvin67: 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I feel honored by this open letter and I appreciate you in no small way.

However, I think you misconstrued my position o. Ribadu with respect to being an asset.

RIBADU may not be a politician with electoral clout(just like Udom Emmanuel, Fashola, Ambode etc), but he is one person/candidate that can be a sell for any party that presents him for election due to his 21st century mindset and transparent nature.

As a policeman, Ribadu was not engrossed in any controversy except his battle against corrupt elite and officers. Ribadu's love for his country was shown when he damned his party ACN to serve as Chairman of an investigative committee on petroleum industry during the tenure of Jonathan without taking a SINGLE KOBO as sitting allowance so as not to soil his name, and his report indicted even the serving minister of Petroleum Resources. In other words, he served without fear or favor.

Whether he will make a good President or not is subjective but his time as EFCC boss brought about the best brains including current Chairman Magu to serve in the agency. Ribadu along with Heroine Akunyili were the best resources during Obj era.

He lost Adamawa because PDP splitted into THREE camps, protest votes and Buhari breeze.

Personally, I think he left because PDP is yet to put their house in order though I'd have wished he stayed and help build the party. Nobody can hold it against Ribadu.

As for Dankwambo, apart from hearing his name I can't say much about him but I know he is with the umbrella.

We are united brother but Ribadu's exit is painful to the marrow.

Brother. I understand your point. I'm just saying a man like Ribadu would need a party with a massive structure before in order to win an election as he's just like those men you mentioned. As things stand presently, PDP doesn't have that structure in the north so fielding a Ribadu in any election would be a misfire for PDP. PDP needs a grassroots politician from the north which Ribadu is not. Ribadu would surely get the votes of the elites in the society but against a northern candidate from the APC, Ribadu would fail.

What PDP needs to do is to decide if they're going with Dankwanbo in 2019 and start marketing him now. Trust me would be easier to sell to the illiterate north than Ribadu as Dankwabo has achieved as governor while Ribadu is seen as an elite in the north.

On the other hand PDP can go for a candidate that has a structure on ground like kwankwanso. They can bring him back to the party.

Either ways, PDP gains.

One love bro. I'd keep following your posts and threads.
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by dahaz(m): 11:26pm On Jul 24, 2016
If pdp wants to pose a serious challenge to the ApC in 2019, then they need to drag Rabiu kwankwaso back to there party and the time is now!!!!!
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by Ayus34(m): 11:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
OP don't waste your time. All barcanista and Dokpesi (his sponsor) are thinking of right now is how they will win the 2019 election and then rob the country blind.
Lwkm grin grin
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by obailala(m): 11:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
Judging by Dankwambo's 'reported' stellar achievements in Gombe state, if there's the remotest chance that PDP can unseat APC in 2019, then Dankwambo is their only chance.
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:40am On Jul 25, 2016
Marvin67:

Brother. I understand your point. I'm just saying a man like Ribadu would need a party with a massive structure before in order to win an election as he's just like those men you mentioned. As things stand presently, PDP doesn't have that structure in the north so fielding a Ribadu in any election would be a misfire for PDP. PDP needs a grassroots politician from the north which Ribadu is not. Ribadu would surely get the votes of the elites in the society but against a northern candidate from the APC, Ribadu would fail.

What PDP needs to do is to decide if they're going with Dankwanbo in 2019 and start marketing him now. Trust me would be easier to sell to the illiterate north than Ribadu as Dankwabo has achieved as governor while Ribadu is seen as an elite in the north.

On the other hand PDP can go for a candidate that has a structure on ground like kwankwanso. They can bring him back to the party.

Either ways, PDP gains.

One love bro. I'd keep following your posts and threads.
i will be watching Dankwambo.

My problem with Kwankwaso is that he appears like pro North instead of a pro Country. I'm one of his biggest fan but I would not want another Buhari.
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 25, 2016
PDP needs to undergo massive and comprehensive reforms from change of name, logo, current leaders to its structure.

Let them bring Obama or Clinton, they can't win, it's not a curse.

But I feel Rabiu Kwakwanso is the real deal.
Re: Letter To Barcanista On Ribadu's Defection To Apc by funlord(m): 1:44am On Jul 25, 2016
grin
TonyeBarcanista:
Ribadu's exit is PAINFUL to the marrow.

This was the only truth in your entire post! Even "sheriff and makarfi" would agree with you on this!

Ndo!

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Hails Fashola, Says Won’t Spare Any Corrupt APC Member / Update From Oyo State House Assembly By-election. / Now Who's Ineffectual?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.