Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/07/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/07/16 (563 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/07/17 / Monday Bible Study 25/07/2016 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/07/16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/07/16 by dallyemmy: 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL..

DATE: MONDAY 25TH JULY 2016

THEME: RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT OPTIONAL

Memorise:

As righteousness tendeth to life: so he that pursueth evil pursueth it to his own death. Proverbs 11:19

Read: Hosea 10:12

10:12 Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

It is interesting to note that the righteousness that mankind has detested from generation to generation, right from the fall, is not optional! Many scholars have endeavoured to explain away what righteousness entails and play down its importance to the point that sermons that encourage righteous living are now scarce. Sweet and pet talks have replaced sermons that demand righteous living. That is why St. Paul admonished his spiritual son, Timothy thus:
"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears." 2 Timothy 4:2-3

There are some lessons to be learnt from the above scriptures; firstly, sermons that will produce righteous living must contain reproof, rebuke, exhortation and doctrine. Secondly, there is a time in the life of a Christian pilgrim when he will have to make himself intentionally available to reproof and rebuke. This is because, after a long stay in the Church environment, which might have earned him titles, he might no longer be teachable.
Thirdly, righteous living requires indoctrination; doctrines that are sound. In other words, there are doctrines that are not sound. So, believers must beware of doctrines of the devil.
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;" 1 Timothy 4:1

Today, some children of God make righteousness an optional virtue to their own danger because the scripture cannot be broken. It says:
"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord."
Hebrews 12:14

Beloved, it is true we shall be ultimately saved by grace. This is why we must pray for that grace to live righteously without struggle, because there is no grace in struggle. This is what makes the Christian faith unique. Our God is able to help us live for Him if we are willing and obedient. If we will not rationalise sin but admit it as it is and cry to God for help. The Bible says:
"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world. " Titus 2:11-12

I pray that as you desire righteousness today, the grace of God will bring it upon your life in Jesus' name.

Prayer Point:

Father, let your grace abound in my heart so that I may begin to live life pleasing to you as from now on in Jesus' name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Colossians 1-4 and Psalms 19:1-6

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/07/16 by dallyemmy: 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
Righteousness, Peace and Joy in the Holy Ghost - that is the kingdom of God!

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/07/16 by dallyemmy: 10:18am On Jul 25, 2016
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: ( MONDAY 25 JULY 2016) - RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT OPTIONAL
1.Thank you Father for the gift of another day. Thank you for being my righteousness
2. Father, in any way I have sinned against you please have mercy and forgive me
3. Lord, in any way I have detested righteousness, I repent today and embrace a life of righteous living in Jesus name
4. Father, I receive the grace to endure sound doctrines in and out of season in Jesus name
5. Father, do not let me ever get too familiar with you to the point of being unteachable.
6. Father, please keep me away from seducing spirits and doctrines of the devils in Jesus name
7. Father, please uphold me to the very end, never let me depart from the faith
8. Father, let your grace abound in my heart so that I may begin to live life pleasing to you as from now on in Jesus name
9. Father, give me the grace to live righteously without struggle in the name of Jesus.
10. Lord, I will be obedient, help me to live for you all the days of my life in Jesus name
11. Father, deliver me from every sins that can easily beset me and send me to hell fire in Jesus name
12. Father, let your righteousness reign in my life, my home and my church in Jesus name
13. Lord, I commit our Nations unto your hands, let righteousness reign supreme in Jesus name
14. Your Personal petitions. ( Phil 4:6)
15. In Jesus' name I pray.
(Jn 14:13-14; 15:16)
16. Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thes 5:18).

(1) (Reply)

Recognize Messengers From God / Rapture!!! What's Your View About The Second Coming Of The Lord. / Terrorism: Christianity Vs Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.