Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Kerosene Hits All-time High Price - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kerosene Hits All-time High Price (26472 Views)

Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW / Oil Bunkerers Arrested For Mixing Original Diesel With Kerosene In Lagos (Photos / Diesel, Kerosene Prices Skyrocket Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Armstrong34(m): 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2016
grossintel:
I guess you haven't heard the recent developments. Ago and dpk now sell at 145 135 respectively. This is just nnpc price so if you have Ago I suggest you hold on for the recent loading price before you loose your money. grin
......bro y u comparing NNPC and private marketers....frm ur prices sef,r u referring to NNPC filling stations or NNPC wholesale depot rate
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2016
Armstrong34:
......bro y u comparing NNPC and private marketers
private markets now depend on nnpc and ppmc for products because of difficulties in accessing forex. Imported products are too expensive. This is why private depots sell products at higher prices compared to nnpc. Hope I answered your question.
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Realist2: 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
Buhariah maka why?, what did we do to deserve a Buhari, must everybody died before you do the honourable thing ?.

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Armstrong34(m): 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
grossintel:
private markets now depend on nnpc and ppmc for products because of difficulties in accessing forex. Imported products are too expensive. This is why private depots sell products at higher prices compared to nnpc. Hope I answered your question.
....u lie bro...we private marketers source for Forex ourselves n buy imported products ourselves....if d whole Nigeria shld depend on NNPC to deliver...I fink der wuld b scarcity...NNPC mostly deal on PMS sef if I must say and der DPK takes months to process...can Nigerians customers wait dat long for NNPC bfor dey can on der stoves n lanternscheesy
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by maclatunji: 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
2odd:

I think ur assertions would have make sense months ago, not now .over a year n half we are still heaping blames on the previous govt for everything that's not working with the country !!!!!!. believe me ask every common Nigerians , what has been the positive impact of the buhari's administration . let me borrow a note from the indians "a president is remembered not by the number of his enemies he vanquished but by the number of his citizen he saves. believe me , pple are dying of hunger, within the span of a year what could have been worse ??, was there no security challenges that previous govt faced ?? did d economy ground to a stop ??. even EFCC at the height of their power during OBJ's tenure didn't not ground the economy. BUHARI is yet to get a single conviction just endless court cases .

Where were you when Jonathan and his cohorts were spending dollars for electoral campaign like it is pure water?

Do you realize that it is the money meant to keep the economy afloat that he was squandering?

Nobody is saying the economy should remain in the doldrums forever but to think such profilgacy amidst global economic recession can go without dire consequences is beyond foolish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by 2sexynet: 2:08pm On Jul 25, 2016
Amaechi5:
The last time we use firewood to cook was during abacha, it seems to be happening again.

Used firewood and water proof to make fire hmmmm just remembered that period.
I remember the days of ABACHA STOVE... one built with saw dust! embarassed
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Chrisrare: 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2016
decomaniaboss:
The two things that my salary handle now ,is food and transportation....no remaining to save ,or to help someone ...life is impossible in Nigeria now angry angry
wot of money for house rent, abi u dey sleep under bridge?
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Klare(f): 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2016
phemmie06:
Buhari iiiiiiii. Se o ri, abi o ri?

Oku ri
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by SycophanticGoat: 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
Firefire:
Kerosene N600 per litre from N50 about 1100% increase ?

Incredible! shocked

This is beyond hyperinflation, mass poverty, anarchy, social unrest and crime looming as this systemic failure deepens.

Where is Dogara ? - Busy padding budget with Jubril to the tune of Billions of Naira, including padding for building mosques in the North.

Where is Bukola Saraki? - Busy transferring all his loots to Panama.

Where is Bola Tinubu the leader of this fraudulent party? - Busy hiding away in SHAME.

Very soon, just very soon...

Surprisingly, BUHARI KEROSENE was sold at N50 per liter (by Otedola, FORTE Oil) immediately the dead brained dullard won election. Wondering what's happening now.. Where is Otedola and his BUHARI KEROSENE when you need them most? undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by jose4shizzle: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
High chief government Buhari. Are you seeing this? Watching in 3D while I sip on my ice coke jejeli...
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by ronald4lif(m): 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
dearpreye:

Just realised? It's being a one chance government since inception. Guy, for about 6 months the economy was on autopilot. We are paying for that stupidity.

Just hoping things get better coz if this government fails Nigeria at the end of it tenure then I may conclude that there's no hope for the country, not in my generation coz I earnestly don't know who'll salvage us. Corruption is deeply embedded in the psyche of an average Nigerian and Buhari is one of the measly few I believed was incorrupt and would save this country. embarassed
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2016
sweetlemon the sell out will avoid this tread

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2016
hungryboy:
People are really suffering in this country,
Many have lost their jobs,
Many are about to lose their jobs,
Even many who are still working, can't survive again on the little salary the are earning.
Our Leaders don't live our life, they don't buy kerosene from the market stall, they don't take public transport, they don't buy cups of garri from the market woman, they don't budget on how to survive on, 10k,20k, 30k every month,
So the will never understand what the common man is passing through
yet the common man refuses to pool resources and go back to the farm. prefer suffering in city
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2016
Armstrong34:

....u lie bro...we private marketers source for Forex ourselves n buy imported products ourselves....if d whole Nigeria shld depend on NNPC to deliver...I fink der wuld b scarcity...NNPC mostly deal on PMS sef if I must say and der DPK takes months to process...can Nigerians customers wait dat long for NNPC bfor dey can on der stoves n lanternscheesy
Why would I lie? Can you compare the rate you source for forex with that of nnpc? You get forex at 370 at the parallel market and nnpc gets it at the rate of 299. My brother you are a marketer you should know this.
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by phynofino: 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
Nigeria unu afugo onye ara unu mere President
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2016
maclatunji:

Where were you when Jonathan and his cohorts were spending dollars for electoral campaign like it is pure water?

Do you realize that it is the money meant to keep the economy afloat that he was squandering?

Nobody is saying the economy should remain in the doldrums forever but to think such profilgacy amidst global economic recession can go without dire consequences is beyond foolish.
And d dollars Ameachi used for buhari against Atiku during Apc primary is his personal money?keep blaming Jonathan,Zombie

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
ronald4lif:

Just hoping things get better coz if this government fails Nigeria at the end of it tenure then I may conclude that there's no hope for the country, not in my generation coz I earnestly don't know who'll salvage us. Corruption is deeply embedded in the psyche of an average Nigerian and Buhari is one of the measly few I believed was incorrupt and would save this country. embarassed

Things aren't going to get any better till we have a sound economic team in place. Governance isn't fairytale or fantasy; it's brutal reality. We had wasted 6 whole months before we had a cabinet in place. The economy doesn't answer to body language nonsense or threats of prosecution of corrupt fools; it only answers to sound policies, vision and adequate knowledge of the working of an economy, more so , the Nigerian economy.

I'm shocked you saw sobriety, honesty, and hope in an otherwise crafty, tribal, corrupt and dishonest PMB. But I don't blame you. The inept PDP gave many persons no choice other than to vote them out. The only problem is that PMB is worst than any PDP leader.

To be fair to him, the crashed oil prices have also made things bad but he's inability or deliberate refusal to form a strong economic team ON TIME, plus his infamous 97% vs 5% crap had alienated a lot of us from him. He will learn on the job.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
The Daura man has brought curse upon the land.What happened in 1983/84 has repeated itself which shows that he's synonimous to failure.This kind of hardship,bigotry,tribalism,nepotism etc, has never been experienced in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Justiyke4u: 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2016
buharisbae:

exactly can't blive I'm buy the medium cylinder .4500 its annoying!
I thought the gas man was joking when he told me
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Armstrong34(m): 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2016
grossintel:
Why would I lie? Can you compare the rate you source for forex with that of nnpc? You get forex at 370 at the parallel market and nnpc gets it at the rate of 299. My brother you are a marketer you should know this.
..u knw NNPC is a Government Asset...dey ve Easy access to forex dan we d private marketers bro
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by lateef1993: 5:09pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hmmm... Nigeria my country. I rest my case.
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by jpphilips(m): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2016
tivta:

The lose was far higher than now and then the price of crude wasn't even high.

Seek academic help to trim the rough edges of your enlightenment, seek mental help to retain what you may likely learn, a simple google search would have saved you this embarrassment.
How much was it costing us to balance our trade 10yrs ago compared to now as a reflection of our population growth can you guess?
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by tivta(m): 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
jpphilips:

Seek academic help to trim the rough edges of your enlightenment, seek mental help to retain what you may likely learn, a simple google search would have saved you this embarrassment.
How much was it costing us to balance our trade 10yrs ago compared to now as a reflection of our population growth can you guess?
Keep blaming NDA then while the country burns
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Ngokafor(f): 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
BekeeBuAgbara:
Does this make sense to you?

.....Trust me,it will make sense to apc supporters better known as 'zombies'.

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
Armstrong34:
..u knw NNPC is a Government Asset...dey ve Easy access to forex dan we d private marketers bro
Yes and that is why NNPC prices for products are cheaper than imported products from independent marketers. Now because PPMC has monopolized the supply of Kerosene and are presently not loading the products private depots who have the product sell as high as 180 for tickets not even loading price before you talk of landing cost so hence kerosene ends up selling at 230 300. But when NNPC have the product and decided to increase the pump price to 135, from 83 you will see kerosene selling for 400 soon.
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by horpiano(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2016
9ja saaa we 2 dey adjust quick quick 4 any situation even if na 1k per we go weather d storm lol...... na God we go dey pray to make he dey provide 4 us shikena.
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by blackmarket(m): 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2016
GO GET A BRAIN

Shagari was in office from 1979 to 1983. They say his government looted the national treasury. Things were not so good but Nigeria did not go into an economic recession.Then Buhari came as military Head of State and was in office from 1983 to 1985. They say he did not loot. But during his time in office, Nigeria fell into a deep economic recession.Then came Babangida. They say he looted Nigeria from 1985 to 1993. Yet there was no economic recession.After Babangida came Shonekan and Abacha from 1993 to 1998. Abacha was also said to have looted the treasury. In fact, his loot stashed abroad is still recovered till today. Yet there was still no economic recession.From 1998 to 2015, we have had Abdulsalami, Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Jonathan. All administrationswere accused of looting the treasury. Still there was no recession.Now Buhari is back and we are once again in a recession and you say "LOOTING" of the Jonathan years is the cause?Are you okay?

Go get a brain!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by olacollinz(m): 7:39pm On Jul 25, 2016
Buhari is a mess and a scam to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by ahnie: 8:56pm On Jul 25, 2016
I bought at #220 yesterday(asaba elgao filling station..koka junction. embarassedwas just lamenting all tru.

Getting my cylinda 2mirow.
Nowadays i hav placed notice on my door post thus... No visitor,if you must visit endeavour to come along with your meal#
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Jay542(m): 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2016
olacollinz:
Buhari is a mess and a scam to Nigeria.
So sad tha you're most active in politics and you don't know shii. What are you learning?? Smh.
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by decomaniaboss(f): 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2016
Chrisrare:
wot of money for house rent, abi u dey sleep under bridge?
is getting there ,my rent will expire next year January...so i guess i may pack go under bridge if things continue this way, unless money start to circulate and i get a contract ,my sister pls if u are building a house despite the fact that the economy is shitty,pls kindly contact me for pop ceilings,kitchen cabinet ,and furniture , i swear i work with clients budget and always deliver a good job winkit will save me from relocation to (under bridge next year)
Re: Kerosene Hits All-time High Price by Chrisrare: 12:33am On Jul 26, 2016
decomaniaboss:
is getting there ,my rent will expire next year January...so i guess i may pack go under bridge if things continue this way, unless money start to circulate and i get a contract ,my sister pls if u are building a house despite the fact that the economy is shitty,pls kindly contact me for pop ceilings,kitchen cabinet ,and furniture , i swear i work with clients budget and always deliver a good job winkit will save me from relocation to (under bridge next year)
Ok. U seem like a hard working sombarry.. Where do u base?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari: More People Killed In Zamfara Than Benue, Taraba Put Together / Obaseki: I Won’t Back Philip Shaibu To Succeed Me / Pictures Of Gov Rochas Okorocha’s Swearing-in

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.