Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

What Is Agile Software Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is Agile Software Development (2813 Views)

What Do You Think About Using PHP For Software Development / Learn Software Development In A 19 Weeks Bootcamp / List Software Development Companies In Lagos ( WEB) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Agile Software Development by jubaworker: 11:46am On Jul 25, 2016
Agile software development is a set of principles for software development in which requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing, cross-functional teams.
It promotes adaptive outlining, evolutionary development, early delivery, and continuous improvement, and it encourages rapid and flexible response to change. Agile itself has never defined any specific methods to achieve this, but many have grown up as a result and have been recognized as being ‘Agile’.
[img][/img]
The Agile Manifesto is based on twelve principles

Customer satisfaction by early and continuous delivery of valuable software
Welcome changing requirements, even in late development
Working software is delivered frequently (weeks rather than months)
Close, daily cooperation between business people and developers
Projects are built around motivated individuals, who should be trusted
Face-to-face conversation is the best form of communication (co-location)
Working software is the principal measure of progress
Sustainable development, able to maintain a constant pace
Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design
Simplicity—the art of maximizing the amount of work not done—is essential
Best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams
Regularly, the team reflects on how to become more effective and adjusts accordingly

Reference : https://blog.chiefsoft.com/2016/07/23/agile-software-development/

Re: What Is Agile Software Development by constharper: 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
Great post!
I think that article will be useful too: https://codetiburon.com/earned-value-management-evm-agile-software-projects/
Re: What Is Agile Software Development by uzairimtiaz(m): 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
Basically, Agile refers to software development methods that emphasize incremental delivery, team communication, continuous planning, and continuous learning rather than aiming to release everything at once towards the end.

Agile emphasizes keeping the process lean and developing minimal viable products (MVPs) that go through several iterations before being finalized. Feedback is constantly received and applied, resulting in a much more dynamic process in which everyone is working toward a common objective.
Re: What Is Agile Software Development by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2021
Agile is good for adding new simple features to an application you can release bit by bit. If you are starting a new project then it comes under a different methodology like Waterfall, SDLC, RUP etc
Re: What Is Agile Software Development by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Agile Software Development by noratit: 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2022
Well done to you for continuing to develop in programming! Way to go! Specifically for you, I would suggest visiting https://www.tech-wonders.com/2021/08/how-to-create-a-roku-tv-app-features.html where you will find a lot of useful information for yourself. It's a very good subject to explore, which may give you good success in the future.
Re: What Is Agile Software Development by Rick423: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2022
I'm currently looking for an app development company in Orlando, I'd like to see people I can work with in person, does anyone know any trusted app developers?
Re: What Is Agile Software Development by Wresaha: 11:54am On Apr 20, 2022
When I needed to fix a lot of bugs in an application that one company did not create, I decided to consult a friend. He recommended https://www.dataart.com/orlando, I went to them, and they were able to fix it relatively quickly, and I was happy with the work, do you know them? What was your impression?

(1) (Reply)

Creating Interactive Cd Using Flash / How Do I Get Java Development Kit On My System? / Why Nigerian Apps Are ALWAYS Buggy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.