Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss (12446 Views)

Widow Turned Bus Conductor Relies On Weed To Deal With Lagos ‘agberos’ / 3 Ways To Deal With People Who Play Office Politics Against You / What Can One Do With A Nagging Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by careercrew1: 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
Are you currently employed and having issues with your boss or employer’s angry mood? Does your boss yell at you and sometimes call you names in the mist of your colleagues? Does it look like whatever you do is never appreciated? Bosses can be moody, one minute they are cheerful, the other minute they are erupting like a volcano and you can’t precisely tell the cause of his/her anger.

Well, this article will address this how to cope with an angry boss in your place of work, so sit down and read through.

Don’t blame yourself:
When your boss suddenly shouts at you or gets angry easily with whatever task you have done, don’t assume that he/she is mad at you. Your boss is human, just like you and definitely have his/her shortcomings. He might be having some personal issues at home, which is not being managed properly, thereby letting the issue impact his/her mood and performance in the office.
Don’t let it work you up, be positive and remain calm.

Avoid getting angry too:
Let’s imagine, work is going on smoothly and all of a sudden, your boss starts complaining about how you all aren’t meeting your set targets, how goals are not achieved, how you all are nonchalant and not productive. Yes, we have seen this scenario a lot of times, don’t let it weigh you or other team members down and don’t get angry and worked up too, rather try to be dynamic and motivate other team members to be calm and positive in their mindset. Remember, when your boss is down and the whole team is down, then your boss will eventually be justified in his claims that you all are not productive.

You can try to address the issue with your boss:
Here, effective communication between you and your boss matters. Once you noticed that your boss’ is fuming about a particular task not meeting the specific deadline thereby affecting you and the entire team members directly, you can approach him/her in a calm and gentle manner to address the is. Make sure your boss has calmed down after the outburst, then you can relate with him/her informing how his current outrage is affecting the team negatively, however, assuring him that the team will put in their best to meet the company’s target

www.careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/how-to-deal-with-angry-boss.html

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by Mcowubaba: 6:18am On Jul 26, 2016
Resign and open/create an Online Forum... grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 26, 2016
RESIGN and GET your BUSINESS started!!!

5 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by IstandWitBuhari: 6:19am On Jul 26, 2016
I am coming
Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by bodi01(m): 6:20am On Jul 26, 2016
Simply do the best you can and leave the rest for God

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by shamecurls(m): 6:21am On Jul 26, 2016
Be silent and never react facially or emotionally.

Imagine him as child and try to treat him as a son

Start searching for a job cos when you do the above mentioned, he did be processing on your termination papers....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 26, 2016
Jump on his table and shit on it kiss lipsrsealed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by neejay1986(m): 6:22am On Jul 26, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:
I am coming

me too
Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by alexiej(m): 6:23am On Jul 26, 2016
Many of these authoritative pple RESPECT competent people that are firm and bold with them, not the 'yes sir', 'I'm sorry sir' type.
I just feel you shouldn't be a slave to anyone. Be competent, bold, yet very respectful regardless of which kind of boss ure dealing with.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by espn(m): 6:23am On Jul 26, 2016
By striving to become a bigger boss..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by emmanuelbrown26: 6:25am On Jul 26, 2016
As for me whenever my boss is exhibiting that, the first thing i will do is to think anyting dat can make me smile withint me, with dat u will be calm

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 26, 2016
Insult him back #in your mind#
Look at his big head, his ugly face, his deep accent,

Just imagine all the useless things you can tell him about him and just smile deep down

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by valiantheartprod(f): 6:35am On Jul 26, 2016
how to deal with nagging husband should be next cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by NaijaNaWaa: 6:37am On Jul 26, 2016
I agree with the OP only to the extent that you trust your ability otherwise it's really hard to put up with sloppy, lazy and outrightly incompetent subordinates. If you've never been in the federal civil service, you may never understand how tortuous it is to be saddled with dunces with neither a sense of urgency nor of duty.

6 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by paschal47(m): 6:40am On Jul 26, 2016
if your boss makes too many noises, just grab a bottle and dissect the head cool

try it and get fired!

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by blacktwist(m): 6:44am On Jul 26, 2016
lovely... educating.....

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by banmee(m): 6:44am On Jul 26, 2016
It's only in Nigeria. That shiit won't fly in a normal country. Employees are more powerful there. In Nigeria, there is no difference between a slave and an employee. Employers have this illusion that they can do with the employee. Wrong mentality.

4 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by babdap: 6:57am On Jul 26, 2016
Fantastic write up
Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by izzy4shizzy(m): 6:57am On Jul 26, 2016
Am still waiting to see who has ever died from been yelled at or even lost money from been yelled at

Just wait for the man to finish yelling, then continue your work shikina!!

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by amclimax(m): 7:07am On Jul 26, 2016
am my own boss...and I don't nag
Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by kingvectorv(m): 7:08am On Jul 26, 2016
Warning!!! no try wetin DAT OP dey write except u wan go ur papa farm go work
Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by IMASTEX: 7:09am On Jul 26, 2016
Create your own job, employ others, be the boss and live happily ever after. Simple!

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by careercrew1: 7:09am On Jul 26, 2016
You can also follow me on twitter for more info on how to run your business and career development. ..I follow back too.. Check my NL profile for my twitter handle.
Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:17am On Jul 26, 2016
smiley

A nagging boss. A living Nightmare to every employee
Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by ojaei(m): 7:29am On Jul 26, 2016
that's all??
Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by Bisjosh(f): 8:01am On Jul 26, 2016
No boss has ever nagged at me.
Most times, u are nagged for being incompetent nd also not respected.

Just stand up for yourself and reply in a confident manner
Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by hadura29(m): 8:02am On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:
Be silent and never react facially or emotionally.

Imagine him as child and try to treat him as a son

Start searching for a job cos when you do the above mentioned, he did be processing on your termination papers....

I am currently in this situation.. I am always keeping my cool but sometimes I feel like talking back but the calmness in me always win.

The job hunting no easy ooo.. still working on it though..
Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by shamecurls(m): 8:04am On Jul 26, 2016
hadura29:

I am currently in this situation.. I am always keeping my cool but sometimes I feel like talking back but the calmness in me always win.

The job hunting no easy ooo.. still working on it though..

Good one! You re on track.

Just be patient, You almost where you belong.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by Luckymay(f): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2016
Start shedding crocodile tears while leaving his/her presence.
Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by oismail(m): 8:10am On Jul 26, 2016
I yell too, it's my boys that always make to. They behave like animals sincerely
Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by oismail(m): 8:13am On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

[b]Good one! You re on track.

Just be patient, You almost where you belong.[/b]j
You have to be in your boss's shoe to know
Re: How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss by cherry007(f): 8:15am On Jul 26, 2016
Don't discuss your boss with any of your colleague or anybody related to your boss it could be a road map to your downfall.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4,000 Ghost Voters Participated In NBA Election - South-West Lawyers' Forum / FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers / How To Work With Difficult People And Still Maintain Your Sanity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.