Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? (22620 Views)

Sales Executives Are Needed.pay Is 90k Monthly. / Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / Apply For 2016 AGIP Oil And Gas Msc Foreign And Local Scholarship For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Adeoba10(m): 6:40am On Jul 26, 2016
Ahin
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by GoldenJAT(m): 6:43am On Jul 26, 2016
something ain't adding up here! that ur friend de this country at all?? I pray d opportunity ain't lost 4 him... 90k is a huge sum if properly managed..... and there is always a starting point!

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by ksbusari(m): 6:45am On Jul 26, 2016
he must av studied in Oversee

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by FuckTheMod: 6:47am On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

Hello son,

If you have a low worth doesn't mean everybody has. We cant be equal

#MyTake #MyOpinion

Mumu
Though I earned way more than 90k now, my startup salary was 75k as an Msc graduate.

4 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by 0955eb027(m): 6:57am On Jul 26, 2016
Tobbey:
A friend told me he turned down an offer. He said the pay is 90K. For a Master's holder. He can't accept the offer.
So I ask, Is 90K too small for an Msc. graduate.
I hold a masters degree in mathematics, and i earn ***. i have gat friends of mine that earn ###.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by IMASTEX: 6:57am On Jul 26, 2016
Hunger never catch you. Na this country wey nor get value or plans for graduates you dey ask dat?!

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by ckmayoca: 6:59am On Jul 26, 2016
Tobbey:
A friend told me he turned down an offer. He said the pay is 90K. For a Master's holder. He can't accept the offer.

How many years working experience does he have in the said field? If no then he is not ready to work or he is lying to you. They will probably accept him wit his degree not the MSC

2 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Arebay(m): 7:01am On Jul 26, 2016
Its too small ! msc holder,never .

Op please,,help me with his number ,I know an Msc holder that will take it..your friend must not do it

4 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by abbeyty(m): 7:01am On Jul 26, 2016
FuckTheMod:

Mumu
Though I earned way more than 90k now, my startup salary was 75k as an Msc graduate.

leave him when hunger strikes nobody go tell him to take the offer, maybe he has other means of income or still rely on his rich parents. i cant even call that salary humble beginning cuz a lot of people start far below that salary.

3 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by queenfav(f): 7:01am On Jul 26, 2016
Hunger never waya am!!I studied a professional course and I don't even get 90k as salary.If he really had any idea how hard the economy is,coupled with the fact that he was even offered a job in the first place;he would rush back and beg for that job.Many companies are downsizing their staff,people with jobs are trying to survive and beat being laid off,one person dey one place dey choose..Mtcheww!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by hylyne(m): 7:01am On Jul 26, 2016
If the position is in line with career, he is passionate of. I would advise he should carry on. Otherwise, let him way the merits and demerits.

In fact I would even advice him to take N50k salary for a career of interest, use that to develop himself further.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by 88natzy(m): 7:02am On Jul 26, 2016
May He has better options as opined. I ran into a friend sometime ago, He holds a masters and earns 75k with uttmost satiability. I was very surprised He gave up his father's company where he was the manager to an employee!

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by akanbiaa(m): 7:04am On Jul 26, 2016
Tobbey:
If you have no alternative you better collect it, i know of a Msc Graduate in abuja(Lecturing line, but private sector that collects 70k) and a Phd that gets a little above 100k. Certificate is not really the issue these days but exceptional service and skills that will be indispensable to those who need it.

There are too many Certificate carrying graduates but few who really deliver because most were not fully trained(both theory and practical), some have mindset that their paper certificate is all that is needed and the Goverment is yet to do anything concrete about the exploitative nature of some employers(sucessful war against bribery and corruption will achieve this).

2 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by oluspicy: 7:05am On Jul 26, 2016
Honestly speaking, 90k is somehow small, but but looking at at the current economic situation of this country, one has to be more proactive in decision making. The company dat wish to pay 90k @ d end of every month tried. A lot of companies are sacking staff with d slightest opportunity.

The company where I worked for as the Finance Manger wounded up bit by bit due to so many factors.

Please, tell your friend to be be faithful in any little thing that comes his his way as the Holy books admonishes us. A lot of people are searching for such opportunity.

*Abo oro laa so fomo to ba gbon..."

4 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by LOVEGINO(m): 7:13am On Jul 26, 2016
Tobbey:
my brother grab it sharply cus I ve seen where a master's holder is managing with 25k.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by HITTED(m): 7:14am On Jul 26, 2016
In Buhari's kingdom, it's not o.

2 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by stanliwise(m): 7:15am On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

Hello son,

If you have a low worth doesn't mean everybody has. We cant be equal

#MyTake #MyOpinion

Are u working already, from the way you speak, i don't think you know the reality this country is in now

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by jaybee3(m): 7:17am On Jul 26, 2016
Tobbey:

well, He doesn't really have much working experience.
lipsrsealed

How much do you expect them to pay someone who probably can't immediately add value to the company?

He/she needs to be trained before they can start being productive

Money isn't everything and graduates are supposed to embrace offer of structured training and defined career path over basic pay for their first move into the competitive world of employment

5 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by eph12(m): 7:18am On Jul 26, 2016
No amount is ever enough. He should leave if for the person that can appreciate that amount. He should just exercise a little patience.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by DAVE5(m): 7:22am On Jul 26, 2016
FuckTheMod:

90k is too much for an INGRATE undecided

Seems the ingrate doesn't know this is Nigeria

May I be allowed to say 'thunder fire the op friend'

Hin go turn grandfather for house as hin dey find work wey go pay an hin dream salary

2 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 26, 2016
not much difference between the fellow and our senators.
complete disconnect from reality.
let him go and sit at home while those with low self worth get the job

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by AmuDimpka: 7:29am On Jul 26, 2016
Tobbey:

Well if you are not okay with that why don't you quit

I earn more than that with other pecks like oversea travel etc...I don't even have an MSc and I am not interested in it

This is because my years of experience almost 10 yrs is talking and also this is the last place I will work for any man..

The next step is open my own as an Igbo dude

So the bottom line is this

It is either you eat the humble pie and take the job or you resign and stop disturbing us here

2 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by jaybee3(m): 7:29am On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:
With utmost sincerity, That package is far too small

Its an insult. #MyTake #MyOpinion

I will be appalled/alarmed if the take/opinion was from a graduate

How on earth were you able to conclude outrightly that the package was too small?

Did you even bother to ask what industry the company that made the offer operates in?

You weren't even interested in the specific field that the MSc was obtained

You obviously ignored the important factor of average salary in Nigeria which obviously some companies use as baseline

2 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Dannie2015(m): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2016
No need to even rant here cos I'm sure by now, someone else must hav grabbed d offer, probably someone wt more experience both in d job n in d labour market. I'm a graduate wt 2-1 n am doing a job of 60k just to kip body n soul together. What's d much difference btw a B.Sc n an M.Sc grad anyways? Is it not just 14months difference? Where u see work for naija ds days unless u sabi person n I believe ds person no sabi anybody cos if he does, he wouldn't be looking for wrk in d first place. Guy, u just lost out. Better reason well n decide fast wen next u com accross such.

3 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by ogzille(m): 7:41am On Jul 26, 2016
Tobbey:

Life is about options.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Ajalekoko76(m): 7:41am On Jul 26, 2016
Too many kids on nairaland..... The post is meant for mature minds,someone who understand economy reality of today. 90k is better for a starter. Even Lagos civil service can't pay 90k for Msc starter. I stand to be corrected... Make ur findings and prove me wrong. Tell ur friend to post the address of the firm here and see if some of us won't accept the offer with THANKSGIVING in church.

4 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by shamecurls(m): 7:41am On Jul 26, 2016
jaybee3:

I will be appalled/alarmed if the take/opinion was from a graduate

How on earth were you able to conclude outrightly that the package was too small?

Did you even bother to ask what industry the company that made the offer operates in?

You weren't even interested in the specific field that the MSc was obtained

You obviously ignored the important factor of average salary in Nigeria which obviously some companies use as baseline

My stance remains that 90k is far too small for an MSC holder! He probably could have just used his BSC to get same job. Which ever company in any industry that might have employed him just wants to take advantage of him and the economic situation of Nigeria. Like I stated that it was my private opinion, I wont in anyway accept that, knowing the competence am bringing into such company. MSC he said and not MBA!

2 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 26, 2016
0955eb027:
I hold a masters degree in mathematics, and i earn 75k. i have gat friends of mine that earn less.

Hope you are considering doing your PHD??
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Olalan(m): 7:51am On Jul 26, 2016
90k isn't a too poor start giving the realities of today's economy. And for me I advise young graduates to take a job as far it offers a path for growth.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by jaybee3(m): 7:52am On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

My stance remains that 90k is far too small for an MSC holder! He probably could have just used his BSC to get same job. Which ever company in any industry that might have employed him just wants to take advantage of him and the economic situation of Nigeria. Like I stated that it was my private opinion, I wont in anyway accept that, knowing the competence am bringing into such company. MSC he said and not MBA!
Please tell me how you would add real value with your MSc certificate?

Only engineers and medical doctors with practical experience can add real value from day one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by miketayo(m): 7:54am On Jul 26, 2016
Tobbey:

He should sit at home for a year, when his eyes opens he ll be begging for 40k.
Experience is everything gather experience den look for ur dream job

2 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by AxeurdaddyIX: 7:59am On Jul 26, 2016
Its too small tbh, after spending thousands of naira to get an Msc, you get a job offer of 90k Self employment is still the way

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Graduate Trainee Programme Recruitment At Diageo Nigeria- Guiness Unit / List Of Successful Candidates For The Nigerian Army Zonal Screening Recruitment / 10 Reasons You Were Not Called After The Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.