Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,314 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? (22621 Views)

Sales Executives Are Needed.pay Is 90k Monthly. / Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / Apply For 2016 AGIP Oil And Gas Msc Foreign And Local Scholarship For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by slap1(m): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2016
Esseite:
Lol.... jokers above, your friend obviously has options or a spoon that feeds him..

I was at a job interview and we were all level bsc/msc holders, not until someone was called Dr George, i was shocked because i never expected a Doctorate degree holder for that position.

Well, no experience i undecideds bad experience, he can take the job, get some money, some experience and move on to sonething better.

Rather than remain dumb when asked what were you doing between 2015 & 2020.

LOL at your last sentence...he could answer that he was busy rejecting 90k job offer and enjoying the wind of change.

2 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Dubemkelly(m): 8:24am On Jul 26, 2016
People be like take the job et all. Ofcourse the friend in question has got some ambitions and plans for himself. You just dont take anything that pops out on your face, if he's not motivated to taake the offer, let him be, some coys will employ u, pay u less and over use u till u pass out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by cruz419(m): 8:26am On Jul 26, 2016
Hmm,, I wounder how people think we'll he has his reason he just got 90k poorer while some will take Dat job and get. 90k richer, d pay might be small but Bros u should be happy u had Dat offer dere are masters degree holder getting less pay Dan Dat and some are still jobless!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by UIA04(f): 8:28am On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:
With utmost sincerity, That package is far too small

Its an insult. #MyTake #MyOpinion
I smell sacarsm

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by zicoraads: 8:35am On Jul 26, 2016
queenfav:
Hunger never waya am!!I studied a professional course and I don't even get 90k as salary.If he really had any idea how hard the economy is,coupled with the fact that he was even offered a job in the first place;he would rush back and beg for that job.Many companies are downsizing their staff,people with jobs are trying to survive and beat being laid off,one person dey one place dey choose..Mtcheww!
Barrister! You seem angry cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by horlar2(m): 8:36am On Jul 26, 2016
my opinion is this, it doesn't have to do with qualification on first job. remove your Msc from your resume bro, don't be surprised you won't get a first job for above 120k with no experience. start first to gather experience

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2016
Is your friend in naija?, if yes, then he needs factory reset to reality for turning down the job

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by jojosweet(f): 8:45am On Jul 26, 2016
FuckTheMod:

90k is too much for an INGRATE undecided
I like u grin..ur comment that is
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by jojosweet(f): 8:48am On Jul 26, 2016
My eldest sister who got her MSc from Aberdeen(scotland) came bk to start with a 50k job now she is earning over 350k somewhere else though, but she got it with the 50k job work experience. Point is let him start somewhere biko!

3 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by shamecurls(m): 8:50am On Jul 26, 2016
UIA04:

I smell sacarsm

#YourTake #YourOpinion

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Donlino(m): 8:52am On Jul 26, 2016
..and tomorrow he go follow shout "no job"..his parents must be rich.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by bukalis(m): 8:52am On Jul 26, 2016
Are you a salary earner? Live and work in Lagos or Abuja?? Get a loan from us today (No collateral needed, No guarantors, No need to move salary account, No hidden or management charges, quick loan disbursements within 24hrs) with 4% interest rate to settle bad credit or build a home, do business or finance to buy a car. @ ONE FINANCE Loan firm
www.OneFi.co is the answer to all your financial problems. Email or call us now for more details: Bukalis125@gmail.com 07039540826 08174449046 No. 1224 Bishop Oluwole street, Victoria Island, Lagos. You will be glad you did.
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 26, 2016
And one idiot go say make boys no press laptop...how can an Msc grad receive 90k??,,,can you sustain a family with that? shocked

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by charles009(m): 8:56am On Jul 26, 2016
Funny enough you guys putting on comments of him taking a 90k offer is plain ridiculous. The naivety of graduates in this country has tipped off the limit. On nairaland a graduate with a 2.1 was begging for a 40k job less than N500 a day. You all should hide your faces in Shame.

I can never work for under 100k, that was my dream some 6 years ago and yes my first pay was well over the mark. so its his belief.

my friend recently went for an interview in a real estate firm as a top guy, they offered him 150k and he politely declined. reasons being he cannot slave himself doing real estate for someone else.

My ideal job is any job I am passionate about,

To all of you guys, hammering take the job, work for less. I say SORRY to you all. make Nigeria a better place, use you skills. don't be dundees.

my 17 year old nephew studying robotics has way better plans than most of you graduates on this forum

3 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by oluwabishop: 9:17am On Jul 26, 2016
And some BSc holders will be earning 242k as graduate Trainees in one of the first generation banks. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by FreeBoss: 9:26am On Jul 26, 2016
start from somewhere. you should prove your worth and garner experience. it is your experience that will earn you 500k per month plus perquisites

2 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by DBestDoc(f): 9:27am On Jul 26, 2016
herzern:
see dhiz...

This one never begin carry Placard.
When them tell dem to study better course, dem go say no...
If she like make she get post doctorate for psychology, Nigerian economy still dey struggle to accommodate people that can provide immediate solutions to basic needs.

Psychology ko, sociology ni

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by queenfav(f): 9:29am On Jul 26, 2016
zicoraads:

Barrister! You seem angry cheesy
I am oo,it beats me how unrealistic many can be.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by uzzokel: 9:29am On Jul 26, 2016
Life is an employer and the pay master! whatever you bargain is what you get when you deliver. the starting point is not the issue but what you make out of it. here, certificate is just a paper and does not matter, what matters is what you can deliver. some people can start with that and get to 500k or a million while some can start big and remain there or go down. it is in you mind. maybe your friend is among those who have this big boy mentality. when he should humble himself and get experience, after which he may decide to remain at that level or move forward.greatest investors in this life never had much certificates. Henry ford etc. it is all about mind set.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Gamesmart: 9:50am On Jul 26, 2016
Tobbey:
A friend told me he turned down an offer. He said the pay is 90K. For a Master's holder. He can't accept the offer.
So I ask, Is 90K too small for an Msc. graduate.

Despite your friend having an MSc, his reasoning is that he is worth more than N90K per month just because he has an MSc?

Not because he has some contribution that is worth over N90K?

In my view, your friend is not worth even N12K per month, he has no sense, just a useless paper.

2 Likes

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by ahahnow: 9:58am On Jul 26, 2016
Tobbey:
A friend told me he turned down an offer. He said the pay is 90K. For a Master's holder. He can't accept the offer.
So I ask, Is 90K too small for an Msc. graduate.

unless the 90k is in dollars

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by tosyne2much(m): 10:00am On Jul 26, 2016
queenfav:
Hunger never waya am!!I studied a professional course and I don't even get 90k as salary.If he really had any idea how hard the economy is,coupled with the fact that he was even offered a job in the first place;he would rush back and beg for that job.Many companies are downsizing their staff,people with jobs are trying to survive and beat being laid off,one person dey one place dey choose..Mtcheww!
God bless you my sister

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by zicoraads: 10:05am On Jul 26, 2016
queenfav:
I am oo,it beats me how unrealistic many can be.
I still think we weren't told all of it. All of this story. Because I don't honestly think anyone would reject a start up like that in this present Nigeria. Especially if the person has no experience like was alluded here. In short, my friend who even has experience recently got sacked on a job that was about 70k before he could even finish the probationary period of 6 months. He is also a masters holder.

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by einsteino(m): 10:21am On Jul 26, 2016
You guys are giving companies license to underpay graduates with your silly excuses.

Very soon they will ask yall to pay for a chance to work with them for free, all in the name of getting experience. If an employer feels an applicant isnt employable, he should simply not employ the applicant rather than paying him far less than what is due for his qualification. When he was paying school fees and studying for his msc, did the university hear "na small small" for sch fees? Truth is for them to have offered him employment, they are certain he can add value..

This mentality of "e good better" and "na small small" is what they use to perpetually keep us in poverty. You keep chanting e go better until you are 70 and e never better, then you start chanting e go better for your children. Meanwhile these employers and elites having taken advantage of the unemployment situation and our gullibility, employ to amass wealth for them than comes in tonnes rather than small small.

Been fresh from school without experience is not an excuse for paying slave wages, education itself is an experience. Go and see what our counterparts abroad are paid as wages even without experience.

If he wishes to turn down the offer, i fully support him.. If he wishes to accept it due to circumstances, fine too. But dont come here bashing someone for knowing his worth.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2016
90k is small for a Bsc holder that know his/her worth...Personally, 120k is the least I could start with
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Hargusto(m): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2016
According to your question.... Mehn its way too small for his degree.....But then since he has nothing doing yet... let him just accept that offer while searching for a better one... Thats how we roll in nigeria.... all dose people on suit and u tink they are big men, some are earning 60k yet u will doubt it when u see them... na packaging get this country... so he should just take it and then can even meet someone who will help me frm where he works...LOBATAN

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:19am On Jul 26, 2016
0955eb027:
I hold a masters degree in mathematics, and i earn 75k. i have gat friends of mine that earn less.

Too much information man! not everything is supposed to be said to the public, keep some things private about yourself, that right there was not needed. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2016
abbeyty:

leave him when hunger strikes nobody go tell him to take the offer, maybe he has other means of income or still rely on his rich parents. i cant even call that salary humble beginning cuz a lot of people start far below that salary.

In the present day Nigeria, a lot of people start with 50k, 60k, it's crazy.
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:29am On Jul 26, 2016
jaybee3:

I will be appalled/alarmed if the take/opinion was from a graduate

How on earth were you able to conclude outrightly that the package was too small?

Did you even bother to ask what industry the company that made the offer operates in?

You weren't even interested in the specific field that the MSc was obtained

You obviously ignored the important factor of average salary in Nigeria which obviously some companies use as baseline

You expect a average Nigerian to reason like these, dude you are funny, the average one isn't intelligent in the least of way, Msc. with zero experience and we don't even know his field of study and what company we are speaking of, most companies are screaming too many half baked graduates, people with nothing upstairs who some how, some how found their way thru uni and maybe with some help did his masters and you expect the present day Nigerian companies to just pay him him a lot more, he better take it and gather practical experience and more knowledge while at it.
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by gabbytabby: 11:35am On Jul 26, 2016
You get paid for the job you applied for. Does the job need an Msc holder. Msc in what does your. Friend have. No experience so they are going to train your ftiend. What other options are on the table. In answering this questions your friend would be able to decide.

shamecurls:
With utmost sincerity, That package is far too small

Its an insult. #MyTake #MyOpinion
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by Femeto: 11:37am On Jul 26, 2016
This was exactly what I faced when I got back from the U.K too.With a Masters in IT Management with a distinction.I was offered a job with Swift Networks to Earn 90k monthly.I had to take it cos man done stay home tire.But withing 2 weeks I got a better offer with a better pay in the Aviation sector.Let him start with something. Naija not smiling at the moment.
Re: Is 90K Small For A Msc Graduate? by gabbytabby: 11:49am On Jul 26, 2016
Dream on
. Graduates with minimal experience get administration roles in Canada( I am talking whites oh so not even race matter your graduate sisters and brother go dance tay for church if them get am) Phd are driving cabs all over the place. Na the employer send you go school. He /She needs a job done why take you when you constitute additional often significant training cost.

Take it and show them what you got and you got no problems after that. A lot of fresh/young graduates have bad work ethics and an unjustified sense of entitlement.

einsteino:
You guys are giving companies license to underpay graduates with your silly excuses.

Very soon they will ask yall to pay for a chance to work with them for free, all in the name of getting experience. If an employer feels an applicant isnt employable, he should simply not employ the applicant rather than paying him far less than what is due for his qualification. When he was paying school fees and studying for his msc, did the university hear "na small small" for sch fees? Truth is for them to have offered him employment, they are certain he can add value..

This mentality of "e good better" and "na small small" is what they use to perpetually keep us in poverty. You keep chanting e go better until you are 70 and e never better, then you start chanting e go better for your children. Meanwhile these employers and elites having taken advantage of the unemployment situation and our gullibility, employ to amass wealth for them than comes in tonnes rather than small small.

Been fresh from school without experience is not an excuse for paying slave wages, education itself is an experience. Go and see what our counterparts abroad are paid as wages even without experience.

If he wishes to turn down the offer, i fully support him.. If he wishes to accept it due to circumstances, fine too. But dont come here bashing someone for knowing his worth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unadvertised Openings / List Of Successful Candidates For The Nigerian Army Zonal Screening Recruitment / Massive Graduate Trainee Programme Recruitment At Diageo Nigeria- Guiness Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.