Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth (41227 Views)

President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service / The Jonathan Years; Separating Facts From Fiction. / Zenith Bank Officials Kneeling Down To Beg Gov Fayose; Lies From The Pit Of Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by obailala(m): 11:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
Kenai:

With each successive post, you continue toi show me how dull you are as an individial and a poster.
Please look below for a quick summary on the chronicle of the discussion and where you started shooting yourself, numbskull:

Goke7: "What is all the fuss about if Buhari commissions a Jonathan project? He commissioned his predecessors' projects too."

Kenai: [size=14pt]"The fuss here is that Buhari and his camp are the only ones to criticize and badmouth a project while out of power only to try to steal the glory for the same project while in power."[/size]

*Obailala jumps in with his trademark tomfoolery*

Obailala: "Jonathan commissioned deathtraps! Jonathan commissioned scrap! The insults were well in order because Jonathan commissioned these repainted junk locomotives!"

(You still don't see how you foolishly veered off from the main issue? Read on, still)

Kenai: "Errr... No, dull citizen. We're talking about these modern trains. "

*Obailala comes in again with his low IQ and lack of basic comprehension*

Obailala: "Obasanjo commissioned the first this-and-that guage. Lugard commissioned this guage. Arnold Schwarzenegger commissioned that guage"

(How the hell does that really have ANYTHING to do with the MAIN issue which is TAKING CREDIT FOR SOMETHING YOU CRITICIZED IN THE PAST AND HAD NO ROLE IN ITS ACTUALISATION?)

If after all this and your dull brain still can't show you how you played yourself here, then there's really no helping you.
It simply means you are perpetually locked in your own vortex of iddiocy, and you genuinely have my pity.

What a dullard! grin
My main point I have been trying to pass across is regarding the bolded part of your message above. Nobody ever badmouthed the standard gauge rail project which is being commissioned today; the badmouthed projects are the refurbished/exhumed pre-1960 rail track system which can't support a decent fast moving train. Narrow and standard gauge rails are not the same thing as you've been ignorantly vomiting repeatedly all evening. That is the simple message I've been trying to impress into your skull all evening, even a primary school pupil or a person with a pentium 1 brain should have grabbed this message ages ago.

Meanwhile every other thing I said was in response to the extra bits of garbage you kept shooting out.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Kenai: 12:21am On Jul 27, 2016
obailala:
My main point I have been trying to pass across is regarding the bolded part of your message above. Nobody ever badmouthed the standard gauge rail project which is being commissioned today; the badmouthed projects are the refurbished/exhumed pre-1960 rail track system which can't support a decent fast moving train. Narrow and standard gauge rails are not the same thing as you've been ignorantly vomiting repeatedly all evening. That is the simple message I've been trying to impress into your skull all evening, even a primary school pupil or a person with a pentium 1 brain should have grabbed this message ages ago.

Meanwhile every other thing I said was in response to the extra bits of garbage you kept shooting out.

"Nobody ever badmouthed the standard guage project".

Just listen to yourself and how miserably pathetic you sound.
Lying may be in your DNA; but it's sometimes wiser to simply keep shut if you know you're going to do nothing but disgrace yourself.

Was it not on this forum that EVERY rail project of GEJ was attacked as scrap? Why are you so desperate in your quest to rewrite the disgraceful past of your co-travellers?

Was it not on LRNZH's thread where he tried to draw up numerous comparisons between Jonathan's trains and the trains in other countries in a bid to attack GEJ?

When your fellow numbskulls came in here branding ALL of Jonathan's railway revitalisation projects, was there any mention of "Err, no, I'm actually not attacking standard guage ooh!"?
Did any of you praise-singers even attempt to specify if it was Standard Guage they were attacking or not?

You forget that the 5 years worth of hateful junk from your fellow zombies is littered all over the forum, and can always be pulled up to shame you and your lies.
Their history of irrational hate for GEJ is well documented on these boards, so it would do you a world of good if you refrained from retroactively contextualizing your numerous episodes of unbriddled tomfoolery.

I posted a video that showed that THIS VERY SAME Abuja-Kaduna rail project you're trying to distinguish from GEJ's earlier works, was STILL built and finished by GEJ.
You should get your dull brain up and working and watch the freaking documentary instead of messing yourself up here.

Boy, you have lost.

Take the L like a man and stop further digging your hole! grin

2 Likes

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by obailala(m): 1:32am On Jul 27, 2016
Kenai:

"Nobody ever badmouthed the standard guage project".

Just listen to yourself and how miserably pathetic you sound.
Lying may be in your DNA; but it's sometimes wiser to simply keep shut if you know you're going to do nothing but disgrace yourself.

Was it not on this forum that EVERY rail project of GEJ was attacked as scrap? Why are you so desperate in your quest to rewrite the disgraceful past of your co-travellers?

Was it not on LRNZH's thread where he tried to draw up numerous comparisons between Jonathan's trains and the trains in other countries in a bid to attack GEJ?

When your fellow numbskulls came in here branding ALL of Jonathan's railway revitalisation projects, was there any mention of "Err, no, I'm actually not attacking standard guage ooh!"?
Did any of you praise-singers even attempt to specify if it was Standard Guage they were attacking or not?

You forget that the 5 years worth of hateful junk from your fellow zombies is littered all over the forum, and can always be pulled up to shame you and your lies.
Their history of irrational hate for GEJ is well documented on these boards, so it would do you a world of good if you refrained from retroactively contextualizing your numerous episodes of unbriddled tomfoolery.

I posted a video that showed that THIS VERY SAME Abuja-Kaduna rail project you're trying to distinguish from GEJ's earlier works, was STILL built and finished by GEJ.
You should get your dull brain up and working and watch the freaking documentary instead of messing yourself up here.

Boy, you have lost.

Take the L like a man and stop further digging your hole! grin
Apparently I've been talking to a mannerless kid who's just out to win an argument for some imaginary price, hence all the pointless blabbing; a person who doesn't know the difference between narrow and standard gauge coming here to insult people.

The first standard gauge train in Nigeria is being commissioned today, yet in your infinite wisdom, you claim to have seen where someone at some point in the past was insulting a train that was only commissioned today... Oh I forgot, your brain still hasn't assimilated that there's a difference between those former train systems and the one just being commissioned today, my bad!
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by LRNZH(m): 1:59am On Jul 27, 2016
obailala:
Apparently I've been talking to a mannerless kid who's just out to win an argument for some imaginary price, hence all the pointless blabbing; a person who doesn't know the difference between narrow and standard gauge coming here to insult people.

The first standard gauge train in Nigeria is being commissioned today, yet in your infinite wisdom, you claim to have seen where someone at some point in the past was insulting a train that was only commissioned today... Oh I forgot, your brain still hasn't assimilated that there's a difference between those former train systems and the one just being commissioned today, my bad!

Thanks for educating these folks who want Nigeria to fail because of sectarian affiliations.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by anonimi: 3:47am On Jul 27, 2016
obailala:
Boy, stop dancing naked in public. The picture below is a sample of the refurbished pre-1960 narrow gauge trains which were badmouthed as archaic locomotive scraps. In this 21st century, how could anyone be celebrating such refurbished pre-1960 narrow gauge trains?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4022905_download_jpeg9e044ea0ed5817381b189680f392bafe

How dare you try to equate the haunted house above to the latest standard gauge speed trains?.... Sorry boy, Buhari is not commissioning the same nonsense that was badmouthed... Obviously you do not even have a clue on the difference between these new high speed trains and the archaic narrow gauge trains which take 35 hours to crawl from Lagos to Kano.

Oga, why don't you ask yourself why President Buhari, Ebola Owu and other presidents before Jonathan left the railways to rot until our hero of democracy came around to revive, refurbish, expand and RENEW the sector?
Why did they let it rot?
Is that not what a reasonable citizen of this potentially great country should ask?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2045441_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by bigsmoke2(m): 4:02am On Jul 27, 2016
It nauseates me when I see people come here to shout thank you GEJ or thank you PMB because they execute project that are basic social amenities, it is because we celebrate their mediocrity that make them complacent cuz they know once they do one yeye project yall will put on your dancing shoes and start jumping up and down praising them.go and read about Lee Kuan yew of Singapore, those are men worth celebrating
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by anonimi: 4:31am On Jul 27, 2016
bigsmoke2:
It nauseates me when I see people come here to shout thank you GEJ or thank you PMB because they execute project that are basic social amenities, it is because we celebrate their mediocrity that make them complacent cuz they know once they do one yeye project yall will put on your dancing shoes and start jumping up and down praising them.go and read about Lee Kuan yew of Singapore, those are men worth celebrating

It is necessary to shout ThankYouGEJ in order to counter the baseless propaganda of the witches and wizards of the All ProgreTHIEF Criminals, APC party who would rather ascribe FULL credit to their President Buhari. Get it?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3356469_screenshot20160131120000_jpeg639beaec46d4ced684f639998a489af2

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Haryohdeji(m): 5:18am On Jul 27, 2016
superstar1:
Another lie from the pit of hell.

Who started the Rail Reform in this country?

Who paid the mobilisation fees for rail projects to the contracted company?

Jokers.

The bottom line remains PMB commissioned that project and his name will forever be on the commissioning plaque.
someone should tell me d reason Y PMB would rush to Finish d rail project... Its d North dat benefit it? His Fellow ppl. Let wait n see maybe he will finish d extension to Calabar n Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by aresa: 5:23am On Jul 27, 2016
According to Mr Muktar Muhammed, CCECC’s Public Relations Officer, the contract was signed in October 2009

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/abuja-kaduna-rail-line-prospects-challenges/

Was the useless otuoke clown the president of Nigeria in 2009 when the contract was signed??

Igbos are nothing but deceitful liars and anti Nigerian elements.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by fearless2014: 5:40am On Jul 27, 2016
aresa:

Was the useless otuoke clown the president of Nigeria in 2009 when the contract was signed??

And was your useless Obasanjo or dullard Buhari president in October 2009?

And since when did signing of contract become commencement of work?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by aresa: 5:46am On Jul 27, 2016
[s]
fearless2014:

And was your useless Obasanjo or dullard Buhari president in October 2009?

And since when did signing of contract become commencement of work?
[/s]

Silly ipob question....

Was your lazy, crooked and incompetent stealing is not corruption uncle the president in 2009 and did he signed the contract for that project...?
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Kenai: 6:09am On Jul 27, 2016
obailala:

This thicko is still out here deceiving himself. Such a shame.

I have already referred you to the thread you should go read to witness your zombies attacking EVERY, and I mean EVERY rail project started by Jonathan. I've also given you the video that chronicles the progress of the rail system, showing that your inept illiterate idol played absolutely no role in the train he's trying to claim today.
If you choose to still remain here telling empty lies, that's your cross to carry. Rest assured that I'll always be around to help you dig your own hole and bring further huimiliation to you.
That choice is yours, loser.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by yungmin: 6:09am On Jul 27, 2016
aresa:

In October 2009, Yaradua of blessed memory was already near his grave mumu. When I see these Buharist talk, I see a people who love injustice and lack of fairness to everyone. GEJ opened up the Kano-Lagos line, Port Harcourt - Makurdi line, port Harcourt - Aba - Enugu line and constructed the Abuja-Kaduna line to an advanced stage. Mind you, there is still an intracity rail line within Abuja that was executed up to 60% completion level before Jonathan left office. The whole idea was to get the old tracks running while starting the process of replacing them with standard gauge line and the Abuja-Kaduna route happened to be the pilot scheme. Remember there is still a coaster rail line connecting Calabar and many of the States in the Niger Delta to Lagos. That project had been conceptualized and designed waiting for construction to take off. I work in an engineering consulting firm and I can tell you that the design stages of these projects can gulp up to one year and more so, it is much harder to conceptualize a project than simply going to site to execute same. The average white man detest being lied to no matter how small the lie may be; but the situation in Nigeria especially among those who claim to be learned is that the APC lied and decieve them with various propaganda against the previous admin to win their hearts and after more than a year after, they are finding the truth but they seem not to be outraged for being deceived. I see people bringing Obasanjo into the picture then I ask; for 8yrs OBJ was president, did we hear he commissioned or revive any of our old rail lines? If he did, GEJ wouldn't have bothered doing the older ones first before starting the new ones. It was the Goodluck Jonathan administration that brought railway transportation back into the lips of Nigerians. It hitherto was an unknown vocabulary in our dicco. The truth is, Buhari and APC has sown a very bitter seed and bad precedents in the manner an opposition party should go about winning election. From the issue of subsidy, power sector, roads, railway, etc all they said about the previous admin has proven to be false. In his maiden speech, the Fashola said the transmission company of Nigeria had over 142 projects running which were all over 50% completed and some Nigerians sitting at home still don't understand that GEJ was actually doing a lot when he was there. For me, a leader like Buhari with all his dollard propagandist politicians is what Nigerians deserve. How so true is the saying that a people can only get the kind of leaders they deserve. Goodluck Jonathan was just too civil, polite and well intentioned to be Nigeria's president

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by forray(m): 6:15am On Jul 27, 2016
You guys keep calling people who have attained the greatest height any Nigeria citizens can hope for names like useless, dullard, drunkard, clown, buffoon etc.

If you think such of these past and current president, I wonder what u can think of ur fathers who got nothing on dem, may slowpoke I guess

These people have names, we should try to be respectful, we are Africans and respect is supposed to be our thing.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 27, 2016
Only two set of people will always deny the achievements of GeJ's administration.

1. The Gullibles

2. The Mo....( if u like add "rons", na u sabi )

The aforementioned are numerous among the nomadic tribe and tribe of betrayals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by aresa: 6:20am On Jul 27, 2016
[s]
yungmin:

In October 2009, Yaradua of blessed memory was already near his grave mumu. When I see these Buharist talk, I see a people who love injustice and lack of fairness to everyone. GEJ opened up the Kano-Lagos line, Port Harcourt - Makurdi line, port Harcourt - Aba - Enugu line and constructed the Abuja-Kaduna line to an advanced stage. Mind you, there is still an intracity rail line within Abuja that was executed up to 60% completion level before Jonathan left office. The whole idea was to get the old tracks running while starting the process of replacing them with standard gauge line and the Abuja-Kaduna route happened to be the pilot scheme. Remember there is still a coaster rail line connecting Calabar and many of the States in the Niger Delta to Lagos. That project had been conceptualized and designed waiting for construction to take off. I work in an engineering consulting firm and I can tell you that the design stages of these projects can gulp up to one year and more so, it is much harder to conceptualize a project than simply going to site to execute same. The average white man detest being lied to no matter how small the lie may be; but the situation in Nigeria especially among those who claim to be learned is that the APC lied and decieve them with various propaganda against the previous admin to win their hearts and after more than a year after, they are finding the truth but they seem not to be outraged for being deceived. I see people bringing Obasanjo into the picture then I ask; for 8yrs OBJ was president, did we hear he commissioned or revive any of our old rail lines? If he did, GEJ wouldn't have bothered doing the older ones first before starting the new ones. It was the Goodluck Jonathan administration that brought railway transportation back into the lips of Nigerians. It hitherto was an unknown vocabulary in our dicco. The truth is, Buhari and APC has sown a very bitter seed and bad precedents in the manner an opposition party should go about winning election. From the issue of subsidy, power sector, roads, railway, etc all they said about the previous admin has proven to be false. In his maiden speech, the Fashola said the transmission company of Nigeria had over 142 projects running which were all over 50% completed and some Nigerians sitting at home still don't understand that GEJ was actually doing a lot when he was there. For me, a leader like Buhari with all his dollard propagandist politicians is what Nigerians deserve. How so true is the saying that a people can only get the kind of leaders they deserve. Goodluck Jonathan was just too civil, polite and well intentioned to be Nigeria's president
[/s]

Was your lazy, crooked and incompetent stealing is not corruption uncle the president in 2009 and did he signed the contract for that project...?
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 27, 2016
obailala:

Some mothers do have them.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by alfsalami: 6:37am On Jul 27, 2016
But why couldn't GEJ complete the project or was it meant to last eternity from Yaradua to till Jesus comes ? Thank you PMB
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by babayinka77(m): 7:02am On Jul 27, 2016
YouthsPC0:

As General Mohammadu Buhari commissions the Abuja - Kaduna high speed rail project it has become imperative set the records straight not just for history and for humanity sake but most importantly to prevent the attempt by drunk and misguided paid lairs to steal from a man with vision and give the stolen property to a clueless man without direction.

Many have claimed that the Abuja -Kaduna high speed was Initially conceived by Obasanjo the claim is false .
The truth is that under Obasanjo, a consortium submitted a for a RAIL (std guage) project which included the Kaduna- Abuja rail line unfortunately despite initial high interest shown by Obasanjo, the Owu chief dumped the project in pursuit of his third term agenda which unfortunately hit the rocks thanks to Atiku ,Ken Nnamani and Ghali Umar Na'Abba.

When the same idea was submitted to Yardua/Jonathan they accepted it, Although Yardua later died Jonathan pursued it with vigor and commenced its construction and pursued it to conclusion.

Simon Kolawole former editor of Thisday and now publisher of Cable expressly confirms the fact that President Jonathan was the initiator of the project.

Source :
https://www.thecable.ng/kpmg-nigerias-high-speed-rail-world-class

Even Buhari state House website still has the records .

http://www.statehouse.gov.ng/index.php/government/78-featured/108-railway

Obasanjo had nothing to do with it!, people confuse the Abuja light rail project(intra city)whose ground breaking was performed by Obasanjo with the Abuja-Kaduna rail project .

It is imperative to note that apart of the grass clearing (tagged official ground breaking in 2007) for the intracity project Obasanjo never did anything to actualise the dream. the intracity project was originally linked to the Abuja's bid to host the Commonwealth Games in 2014 which never happened!

See source

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abuja_Light_Rail

GEJ also ensured that the Abuja-Kaduna high speed rail project did not suffer like most government projects, hence when budget provisions could not meet up with counterpart funding levels SURE-P a creation of Jonathan from subsidy Savings came to the rescue

Tinubus Nation newspaper corroborates this :

http://thenationonlineng.net/sure-p-sure-of-abuja-kaduna-railway-date/

Despites starting the project from scratch ,In just 3 years(2014) Jonathan had achieved 70% completion

http://allafrica.com/stories/201312091891.html

The only project that received more attention under Jonathan apart from the Federal University/ Almajiri school project & Rice Farming was this high speed rail. project.

http://nigeriannewspapers.disnaija.com/sun/fg-commissions-n136-392b-abuja-kaduna-railway/

Unfortunately APC chieftains who are shamelessly taking selfies with the project were the ones who claimed the coaches were locomotives.

1. Amaechi Buharis Campaign Director General and current minister of transport:

Hear Amaechi in His own words:

“In fact, I think we have a problem; most people don’t believe that the railway transport is functioning in Nigeria. I didn’t even know, until I started this tour, I never knew that the railway was functioning, it was even from his (MD’s) speech that I learnt that there are some coaches or services that go to Kano or Port Harcourt or elsewhere.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/16/i-never-knew-railway-transport-still-existed-in-nigeria-amaechi/

Tolu Ogunlesi : Buharis aide on new media

Stated that the Abuja - Kaduna rail project did not exist , he even went as far as posting pictures of a open field where he claimed a taxi driver took him to to buttress his lies!
Today the young man is tweeting pictures all over the place showing Buhari commissioning a project he earlier claimed did not exist !

His handle : www.twitter.com/toluogunlesi

APC as a party claimed the transformation of the rail sector only existed in the imagination of the former president today they are taking selfies inside another mans idea

Source:

APC Campaign Faults Jonathan’s Achievement On Railway, Says ‘Transformation’ Claim Fraudulent, Product Of Over-Active Imagination

http://www.informationng.com/2015/02/apc-campaign-faults-jonathans-achievement-on-railway-says-transformation-claim-fraudulent-product-of-over-active-imagination.html

Winners:

1. Nigerians : we now have a world class rail system we can all be proud of

2. Former President Jonathan : his vision of a world class rail transport is gradually being fulfilled, and for finally giving general Buhari one thing to commission in his second year In Office

3. General Buhari : for not allowing the Demon's that made him cancel the Lagos Metro rail project in 1983 prevail this time

They said PDP destroyed Nigeria I agree with them because this rail project is part of the "destruction".

Supervising painting takes effort so if Amaechi decides to take glory for that no problems even the devil can't take that away from the Buhari administration but that was all they did supervised the paintings.
but instead of taking glory for their Sidon watch painting expedition they used the occasion to insult the Man that conceived and built the structure what a world ?

We hope that there will be something done and something to complete when. General Buhari complete his 4 year tenure as President.

May God continue to Bless Nigeria!!!!

You said jonathan completed 70% of the project, that's nice but the fact remains that PMB completes and commissioned it. Both GEJ and PMB should be commended for the effort. PMB could have as well decided not to complete the project.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by biookuta(m): 7:17am On Jul 27, 2016
Is That All? Think Again., Oloshi Oloodo Ra ba ta
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by anonimi: 7:17am On Jul 27, 2016
obailala:
Boy, stop dancing naked in public. The picture below is a sample of the refurbished pre-1960 narrow gauge trains which were badmouthed as archaic locomotive scraps. In this 21st century, how could anyone be celebrating such refurbished pre-1960 narrow gauge trains?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4022905_download_jpeg9e044ea0ed5817381b189680f392bafe

How dare you try to equate the haunted house above to the latest standard gauge speed trains?.... Sorry boy, Buhari is not commissioning the same nonsense that was badmouthed... Obviously you do not even have a clue on the difference between these new high speed trains and the archaic narrow gauge trains which take 35 hours to crawl from Lagos to Kano.

Despite the bad-mouth of the witches and wizards of the All ProgreTHIEF Criminals, APC party that did not stop AreGbese from using the same locomotives for cheap popularity as far back as 2013. Not so

Sincere9gerian:
**Crowd besiege Nigerian Railway over Osun’s free train ride

Beneficiaries express satisfaction, ask other states to emulate

Thousands of holiday makers traveling to Osun, Kwara, Kogi states, and other parts of the country, have besieged the Iddo Terminus of the Nigerian Railway Corporation as the free eid-il-kabir festival free train ride provided by the government of Osun state entered its second day in Lagos. The free train initiative of the Osun state government was to help people travelling home for the Eid-il Kabir festival. But indigenes of neighbouring states have also taken the opportunity to get to various destinations when they arrive in the state capital, Osogbo.

A statement signed by the Commissioner of Commerce, Cooperatives and Empowerment, Ismail Adekunle Jayeoba-Alagbada, said the train rideis to facilitate stress-free travelling for the people, who are coming home for the festival. The free train ride, which spans five days, commenced on Saturday 12, 2013. For the journey to Osogbo, the train would take off from Iddo Terminus, Lagos, at 11 o’clock daily on Saturday 12th, Sunday, and Monday 14th.

The return trip to Lagos, according to the statement, is fixed for Thursday 17th and Saturday 19th as the train would depart Osogbo at 11 o’clock daily. Mr Jayeoba-Alagbada said the government embarked on the initiative in the past three years to reduce the stress people go through during Easter, Eid –il Fitri, Eid –il Kabir and Christmas festivals.

“We hope our people, wherever they are coming from, Oyo, Ogun or Lagos, would make maximum use of this gesture of the government and promptly too. This is a sign that government has the welfare interests of the people at heart and would not detract from providing same as and when required,” Mr Jayeoba-Alagbada said.

A passenger, Idiat Oladosu, who said she was travelling to Oro, Kwara State, said it was a good opportunity for her to reduce her cost of travelling. Ganiyu Alimi, an indigene of Inisa in Odo Otin Local Government Area of the state, said he had been enjoying the free train ride since the inception of the Aregbesolas’ administration.

Awololo Samson, said though he is not a Muslim coming for any festival, he joined the train in Lagos to arrive in Osogbo on his way to Lokoja as he believed that would reduce his cost of travelling.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/146557-crowd-besiege-nigerian-railway-osuns-free-train-ride.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by badderdandem(m): 7:25am On Jul 27, 2016
superstar1:
Another lie from the pit of hell.

Who started the Rail Reform in this country?

Who paid the mobilisation fees for rail projects to the contracted company?

Jokers.

The bottom line remains PMB commissioned that project and his name will forever be on the commissioning plaque.
I sight you Buharian you that is saying truth from top of heaven where is your prove as you can see the op wrote with proves where is yours or has prejudice block your sense of reasoning

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by comrChris(m): 7:51am On Jul 27, 2016
the way some people reason in this country baffles me so much, thanks to Gej n buhari but Jonathan has to take the greater glory here

some people here can never ever see the truth n recognize it again all because of hate,tell me why will some people with a conscious mind be giving buhari all the glory leaving behind the initiator of the project all because buhari did the finishing touch,the truth is that no govt will meet a gigantic project of that nature with 90% completion and will not first n foremost jump into its completion to have his name registered on it,they easily abandon projects that are still far from completion no matter how important it will serve to the masses, politicians care about their names written on a projects more than they care about its importance to the masses n I can tell you that is why buhari jumped into all these almost completed projects of Jonathan,that laugh on his face is not because of the importance of this project to the populace but because his name is going to be on it

the question now is,is there any law that stops a govt from initiating a new project(s) while they are completing the projects of the previous govt because since buhari took over nothing new has been initiated except recycling on the things the person they love to insult with different names started ranging from electricity ( which later crumbled after their body language propaganda),TSA,refinery n now this rail...anybody that still denies that Jonathan tried very well on these below listed ministries will for ever be a liar n his or her zombiesm has no cure
Education
Transport
Health
Economy
Agriculture
Sports
The only problem he had was in the area of Security

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by shammah1(m): 7:58am On Jul 27, 2016
Damn! That's the most dumb & senseless thing to say by a qualified zombie who doesn't think before spewing trash.
hakimmiyya:
We thank Pmb for been magnanimous enough to continue with the project. He could have abandoned the project .Just the way the prodigal son of the south east Gej abandoned the federal government counterparts funding of the Lagos speed rail, in order to stall the effort of Lagos state government. Accomplishing the record of buildings the first speed rail that could have been of immense benefits to Nigeria and her neighboring countries.Therefore,i give kudos to president Muhammadu buhari for his love for the country for not choosing to stall the project like the prodigal son of the south east Gej.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by obailala(m): 8:19am On Jul 27, 2016
Kenai:

This thicko is still out here deceiving himself. Such a shame.

I have already referred you to the thread you should go read to witness your zombies attacking EVERY, and I mean EVERY rail project started by Jonathan. I've also given you the video that chronicles the progress of the rail system, showing that your inept illiterate idol played absolutely no role in the train he's trying to claim today.
If you choose to still remain here telling empty lies, that's your cross to carry. Rest assured that I'll always be around to help you dig your own hole and bring further huimiliation to you.
That choice is yours, loser.
I'm sorry I must have overestimated your brain capacity, probably because of your good use of grammar, I assumed I was conversing with a sound person who should know the difference between 5 and 6. But now I know better; some brains are unfortunately not as fast as a standard brain ought to be, so I would leave you some time, say a week, for your brain to assimilate and grasp the simple message on the difference between high speed trains and scraps.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by seaseg: 8:32am On Jul 27, 2016
Naija shaaa! Our leaders know so well we don't ask questions and that's why they keep playing on our collective intelligence. And some bunkum will come and be fighting for one party or the another. Mtscheeeeeeeew.For instance:
How many hours is Abuja to KD by this train that none of them could complete the journey to prove they project is complete? Even if Mr President is so so busy, shey Ameachi too no get time too ni? They commission a project that gulped millions and stopped in Kubwa. The Distance between Abuja to Kubwa is not even 1/9th the distance of Abuja-Kaduna.
When GEJ was busy commissioning railway project up and down, these where the questions I was asking then. How come we haven't seen people use all the rails GEJ commissioned?
For the records I live in KD and for once I haven't seen or heard the sight and sound of the rails. Maybe my fellow KD guys have seen it sha, I stand to be corrected sha.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by obailala(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2016
comrChris:
the way some people reason in this country baffles me so much, thanks to Gej n buhari but Jonathan has to take the greater glory here

some people here can never ever see the truth n recognize it again all because of hate,tell me why will some people with a conscious mind be giving buhari all the glory leaving behind the initiator of the project all because buhari did the finishing touch,the truth is that no govt will meet a gigantic project of that nature with 90% completion and will not first n foremost jump into its completion to have his name registered on it,they easily abandon projects that are still far from completion no matter how important it will serve to the masses, politicians care about their names written on a projects more than they care about its importance to the masses n I can tell you that is why buhari jumped into all these almost completed projects of Jonathan,that laugh on his face is not because of the importance of this project to the populace but because his name is going to be on it

the question now is,is there any law that stops a govt from initiating a new project(s) while they are completing the projects of the previous govt because since buhari took over nothing new has been initiated except recycling on the things the person they love to insult with different names started ranging from electricity ( which later crumbled after their body language propaganda),TSA,refinery n now this rail...anybody that still denies that Jonathan tried very well on these below listed ministries will for ever be a liar n his or her zombiesm has no cure
Education
Transport
Health
Economy
Agriculture
Sports
The only problem he had was in the area of Security
You confidently allege that buhari completed this project cos it was almost complete, and you are also sure that buhari would not have touched the project if it was far from complete? Wow!

Are you aware the that for the total rail modernisation plan, the abuja to kaduna route is less than 10% of the entire proposed rail routes yet you think buhari is doing this because it is almost complete?... does less than 10% sound like something which is almost complete?

Are you also aware or have you forgotten so soon that buhari fought the national assembly to ensure the Lagos-calabar and lagos-kano standard rail lines were included in the 2016 budget?

Are you also aware that up to N100bn was budgeted in 2016 for the Lagos-calabar and lagos-kano standard rail lines by buhari, an amount which is already larger than the total spent by GEJ (less than N60bn) for the abuja to kaduna rail?... may I also remind you that Buhari's govt even paid up the balance of that N60bn (up to N18bn) for the abuja to kaduna rail to be completed and commisioned today.

With the above, do you still think buhari is doing this only because it is almost complete?... or do you still really think buhari deserves zero commendation for progressing a good project which has been in the books since 2006?
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by IyfeNamikaze(m): 8:50am On Jul 27, 2016
Abagworo:
70% is not 100% which means under Buhari the remaining 30% was achieved. Good for Nigeria that despite laxity of funds the Abuja-Kaduna rail was hastily completed but what about maybe Port Harcourt to Enugu or Lagos to Ibadan to balance the equation?

so your eyes don dey open small small now abi?
praise be to God o!!

you now see that its not about Nigeria, its all about the North. its North first
Islam second
Nigeria third
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by Kenai: 8:52am On Jul 27, 2016
obailala:
I'm sorry I must have overestimated your brain capacity, probably because of your good use of grammar, I assumed I was conversing with a sound person who should know the difference between 5 and 6. But now I know better; some brains are unfortunately not as fast as a standard brain ought to be, so I would leave you some time, say a week, for your brain to assimilate and grasp the simple message on the difference between high speed trains and scraps.

You overestimated my brain capacity? Awww... So touching, I think I'm tearing up. *sniff-sniff*

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for you.
I never 'overestimated' your brain capacity. I knew right from the onset you were a dullard because your pitiful history of obtuse, hair-brained and intellectually vapid babbles is well documented across these boards.

Knowing your knack for bare-faced lies and fact-twisting, what I seek to do is not to educate you, but to prevent you and your pack of liars from misinforming and deceiving the innocent silent readers who might be going through these threads.

Like they say, when a lie goes unchallenged for a while, it becomes gospel. This is more evident in the "Jonathan Ruled For 6 Years" lie which many people ended up chanting because it went unchallenged, never minding that he served from 2010 to 2015.
Knowing how morally wretched Buhari and the depraved subhumans supporting him are, it was only a question of time before they tried to award the accolade to him.
Remember the "BUHARI BUILT 3 REFINERIES" scam?
Remember the "BUHARI CUT DOWN INFLATION" scam?

We're on ground now, and your lies will never be allowed to take off anymore.

Better adjust to that new reality, loser.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by comos: 8:54am On Jul 27, 2016
how many times will Abuja-Kaduna railway be commissioned,

GEJ commissioned this project shortly before he left office.
Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by forray(m): 9:23am On Jul 27, 2016
WTF is wrong with u guys, who gives a flying f*ck who started or completed the project? Na their personal money them use do am? Make una go find better thing do with una time, instead of stupid argument and name calling. Nigeria youth are really slow poke, celebrating mediocrity. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth by obailala(m): 9:41am On Jul 27, 2016
Kenai:

You overestimated my brain capacity? Awww... So touching, I think I'm tearing up. *sniff-sniff*

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for you.
I never 'overestimated' your brain capacity. I knew right from the onset you were a dullard because your pitiful history of obtuse, hair-brained and intellectually vapid babbles is well documented across these boards.

Knowing your knack for bare-faced lies and fact-twisting, what I seek to do is not to educate you, but to prevent you and your pack of liars from misinforming and deceiving the innocent silent readers who might be going through these threads.

Like they say, when a lie goes unchallenged for a while, it becomes gospel. This is more evident in the "Jonathan Ruled For 6 Years" lie which many people ended up chanting because it went unchallenged, never minding that he served from 2010 to 2015.
Knowing how morally wretched Buhari and the depraved subhumans supporting him are, it was only a question of time before they tried to award the accolade to him.
Remember the "BUHARI BUILT 3 REFINERIES" scam?
Remember the "BUHARI CUT DOWN INFLATION" scam?

We're on ground now, and your lies will never be allowed to take off anymore.

Better adjust to that new reality, loser.
Until the one week period i gave your brain to assimilate info expires, i would bother reading beyond the first sentence of your repeated, pointless, off-the-topic wailing verses you keep vomiting. Be gone!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Okowa For Governor" Number Plate: Michael Diden Customizes His Hummer Jeep / Dino Melaye And Others PDP Members Rocks Atiku Agbada (photos) / Tinubu Files Emergency Appeal To Block Chicago University From Releasing Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.