Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service (30279 Views)

Buhari To Inaugurate 8 New Coaches, 2 Locomotives For Abuja-kaduna Train Service / Amaechi Signs Agreement With CCECC For Implementation Of Lagos/kaduna Rail Line / Buhari Commissions Air Force Drone Jonathan ‘Earlier Launched’ - PDP (2) (3) (4)

President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by 1clickng(f): 12:57pm On Jan 04, 2018
This morning in Kaduna: President Buhari commissions new locomotives and coaches for the Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service.

In the president tweet he said

Today in Kaduna I'm pleased to commission 2 additional locomotives & 10 additional Passenger coaches for the Abuja-Kaduna Rail service; and to commission the new Inland Container Depot. Nigeria's infrastructure is being steadily upgraded, & our economy is set for jobs and growth.

Details:
http://anstalk.com/president-buhari-commissions-new-locomotives-and-coaches-for-the-abuja-kaduna-rail-service/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by PapaBrowne(m): 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2018
I am glad they bought new locomotives! It was needed as that route was running just two trains daily which was terribly inadequate.

Now this is my take...

Jonathan spent 4 years and completed this train line. He also completed the Abuja light rail to 68% completion as Buhari acknowledged in his new year day speech. He also went pretty far with the new airport terminals at the Abuja, Lagos and Enugu airports.

My question to you Buhari, which project will you hand over to the new government coming in in 2019 as it certain you are not coming back.
All the things you listed on new years day that you want to start doing, is it in 2018 election year that you will give out the contract or were you hoping that despite your terrible perfomamnce you would be voted back in 2019?

You budgeted a total of N4 trillion in 2016(N1.8T) and 2017(N2.2T) for capital projects. That is a whooping $13 billion. That money would have built us 2600km of rail lines at the price which Jonathan used in building the Abuja -Kaduna rail. It cost $875 million to build the rail line of 195km. That is an average of $4.48 million per km.

Or for better comparison, the Lekki Ikoyi link bridge was N29 billion. 4 Trillion Naira would have built 137 of such massive bridges.

But you know what, there isnt anywhere in the country where 100km of road have been completed since you came in. Where has all that money(N4 Trillion) gone to.

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by omenkaLives(m): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2018
I love this picture. smiley smiley

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by LustreChris(m): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2018
Sai...wetin? undecided

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by mikejj(m): 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2018
:-Xkaftan again. embarassed
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Sirjamo: 1:09pm On Jan 04, 2018
LustreChris:
Sai...wetin? undecided
Sai baba

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by ekems2017(f): 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2018
When will the president commision a project in the south and east abi they are not part of Nigeria?

Even prisoners it's in the north that they are being freed. He went to Ebonyi and Anambra and did not deem it fit to free any prisoner but want to kano after then and freed 500.
There is God o!!!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by psychologist(m): 1:18pm On Jan 04, 2018
omenkaLives:
I live this picture. smiley smiley
that's the quality of education Buhari has provided keep living the picture cry

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by TheAngry1: 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
I know this would come across as petty and bigoted, but there is a deliberate ploy to focus development in the North, simple. Already, the Kano-Kaduna rail project is on to extend the Abuja-Kaduna route, while no single grain of sand has yet been lifted for the Lagos-Calabar rail that would cut across 8 states in three geopolitical zones. There are massive road constructions going on up north, while the south suffers-Zaria-Katsina, Kaduna-Kano, Kano-Maiduguri etc. Anywhere you find Buhari and El-Rufai together, know that ethno-religious machinations are been hatched.

28 Likes

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by odeade1(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
our president

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by IPOBrep: 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
what a shame.

i hope other leaders are learning .

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by salbis(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
2019 in sight, but i have made up my mind no turning back.

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Frankbaro(m): 1:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
All hail King Of The North

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Jaytecq(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
After how many years?

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Dannyset(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
We love you sir

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by maxiuc(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by habibest06(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
let see and feel your good work.
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by john1035: 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
Locomotives in 2018

The world have left us behind

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by raker300: 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
See what they’re commisionjng

GEJ did his without a band wagon

24 Likes

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by drkay(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
Many of us await your exit in 2019 sir.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Shawnnn01: 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
God punish both apc n pdp locomotive engine when ordinary South Africa has speed train n their president was not the one that commissioned it.

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2018
Buhari has broken my heart by neglecting Benue governor's call for assistance on the killings by Fulani herdsmen in the state

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by plessis: 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2018
President dey come commission locomotive train for this 2018 wey India don dey go moon....

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by money121(m): 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2018
Ook
Re: President Buhari Commissions Locomotives & Coaches For Abuja-Kaduna Rail Service by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2018
Failed man, this man should just complete what wenger failed to do last night

Myanmar Coup: Jonathan Calls For Release Of Aung San Suu Kyi / Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos / Politicians At Danjuma Laah's Daughter's Wedding Reception (Photos)