Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone (40864 Views)

Bye Bye To Glo Data Subscription / Download Latest Blackberry OS 10.3.3.2049 Autoloader / How To Change Imei To Blackberry Android 5.0,5.1, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by hopesuarez(m): 7:14am On Jul 27, 2016
nA thIs kiNd tYm wherE BB cArry their oWn wahaLa cum..... wHen moSt niGGas no FIt affOrd brEAkfAst

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by seunoni34(m): 7:20am On Jul 27, 2016
gadgetsngs:

That can only happen if dollar/naira rate gets to 400 or even 500 per dollar,as it stands now ,this device may not be more than 120k
120k is still much na. There are a lot of phones with similar/higher specs that costs far less than half of that
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by titosantana(m): 7:26am On Jul 27, 2016
We never buy priv dem don come with another one.
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by matth70s(m): 7:26am On Jul 27, 2016
They keep bringing out devices that are not affordable by an average person.Big thanks to Techno and infinix.
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Donnyboy(m): 7:31am On Jul 27, 2016
This is my first short-film TRIBUTE.
I dedicate it to all those that lost their Dads... To Our Soldiers And to all the Wonderful Dads...
God bless us all...
please view using this link for mobile devices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akE5EIYfeSo

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 27, 2016
spanzed:
My prayer is for God to provide me cash I want to change this thrash called BB....cant even advice my enemies to buy this one
Why? I wanted to get BB passport next week
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by wizkidblogger(f): 7:41am On Jul 27, 2016
They should do duak sim Android phones if they are serious. Else, they will soon pack up. Yeye pple
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by maryhaam(f): 7:55am On Jul 27, 2016
Emeskhalifa:
BB trynna make a come back??
sticking to my GLXY S4
please mistakenly step on my galaxy s4 d screen got broken,do you hv any idea of the screen price.
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Almajiri1: 8:04am On Jul 27, 2016
Will like to get one just for the feel.comes cheap at $300.
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by ChynoBEATS: 8:04am On Jul 27, 2016
Dam5reey:
Let's go there $299 its okay....

That's about 112k based on 370 per USD...

Lol......... 4wetin ... Andriod phone?... Smh

Well

Me dey wait 4d london use ... I trust oyinbo pipu na cheesy. Phone no dey tey 4 them hand ....
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by mrcassanova(m): 8:23am On Jul 27, 2016
Not badt for an Android smartphone. The only difference between the Blackberry DTEK50 and the Alcatel idol 4 is the Blackberry Hub and other security features on-board. But the pricing is around 100k plus in Naira which is a no go area now.

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Netcontactsng1(m): 9:04am On Jul 27, 2016
pendusky:
Good for 3GRam but 2610mAh will make it a flop... Gionee, Techno and Infinix are working on making 10,000mAh battery phone.. we all know Android phone need long lasting battery...

it's good they are into the market again...

let's see what Nokia Android have for us

for now I will still embrace Gionee.

I don't want a 10kmAh phone, WTF... I won't be charging my phone or what??
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by skywalker001(m): 9:04am On Jul 27, 2016
Bilabong:
this BlackBerry get sense

they stop WhatsApp on purpose, so that they can introduce this "thing"
is not blackberry company dat stop whatsapp but Mark Zuckerberg...
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by coldHeat: 9:04am On Jul 27, 2016
Interesting...

And just 4 years ago nairalanders were arguing on this same forum that android will never be able to outdo blackberry due to its cheap data rates, popularity and ease of use (not mentioning its lack of space, hang-ability, over heating battery and lack of customizable features not supported by its OS)

I watched the arguments and insults from a corner,

Now times have changed, and are still changing,

It is sad, but business empires must come and go,

Such is the way of life.

In another 3 years BBM will be no more; you don't need a prophet to tell you that; its only a matter of time, I guess their biggest mistake ever was in bringing out their selling point (the BBM itself) as an app.

But then again when you are desperate and refuse to adapt the times on time, you tend to make monumentally foolish decisions.
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 27, 2016
Me still dey 1da why blackberry still dey wan produce andriod device when dey have it all in blackberry os 10,all dey need is just to just to improve de device by adding more high features,camera/dat will murder dat of ios phones/gestures/dat will murder dat of samsung os/battery/doh blackberry passport have a gud ba3 bt dey still need ba3 dat can murder gionee m5 os cuz is only phone I respect 2day in terms of ba3/

Dey need to add proxy/port nd many stuff in dia apn so it can be able to run all diz proxy apps smoothly,doh many of proxy app run on os 10 bt it can't power all de app,accept only simple server bt is hard to connect....
They need to improve dia andriod player even when some andriod app request dat dey will run on andriod os 10.7.0 de andriod player can b able to run even when de app request permission of 100.0.1.....

Just with diz stuff yu re good to go,os 10 is a great phone,it can play andriod games smoothly/run andriod smoothly/run google play store smoothly/and many more/why did dey still need andriod phones why all dey need is to improve de performance of bb os 10.......

Some niggaz here talking abt ending whatsapp on bb,if whatsapp company 2day decide to end whatsapp on bb phones dey re still loosing I guess bb users contribute like 20% in whatsapp system,nd if bb their self decide to end whatsapp to end whatsapp on bb running on os 7 down or os 10,I guess de company de will loose like 30% nd dey can't never try it for de betterment of de company...

Me currently using curve4/bb10 nd I never hear any sort of warn from whatsapp abt ending whatsapp on blackberry by de end of de year,I currently update my blackberry 9360whatsapp 2days ago nd whatsapp list de requirement all dey need bb os running on 5.0 nd above even dat of bb bold 2 can run whatsapp smoothly,if whatsapp end dia term in bb/java/symbia/part of lumia I guess 40% whatsapp users will deeply have hatred for de app nd I guess some other great app will rise/wechat/line/imo /viber/even dat of bbm will enable dia support in all java/symbian os/me I guess whatsapp have come back to dia normal sense....

Any of yu dat wanna sell any bb os 10 listed/Z10/Q10/classic/Z30/passp for 10k shuld let me knw...
(mua chidubem have only express mine OP)
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 27, 2016
This is a nice one. But Blackberry should push an Android update for we OS 10 users so we can upgrade our devices to Android since blackberry seems to have abandoned the OS 10 now. They've failed to release an update on the OS for a long time now and here's the second android phone from them. If they fail to push android updates to us, does it mean our devices running on OS 10 will be rendered completely useless? Some applications are already beginning to pull out of the OS now because it has been abandoned and can't suit the new updates they are bringin to their apps. like WhatsApp, facebook etc.

I no go forgive blackberry if my Passport is rendered useless. They had better start rolling out android updates for us now so we go kukuma know that we are using android phones too. Or they should release another BlackBerry OS update soon...
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Rick9(m): 9:27am On Jul 27, 2016
Beautiful fone, but poor battery, make dem dey use am, Blackberry and ridiculous phone price Mtcheeewww, Blackberry Sha
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by donbrowser(m): 9:39am On Jul 27, 2016
Bilabong:
this BlackBerry get sense

they stop WhatsApp on purpose, so that they can introduce this "thing"
Blackberry is dead
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by flokii: 9:44am On Jul 27, 2016
donbrowser:

Blackberry is dead

You're not far from the truth..

They should av upgraded since but kept quiet.. Now they av to pull a comeback in an already competitive market.
Let see how far they'll go sha
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by donbrowser(m): 9:49am On Jul 27, 2016
flokii:

You're not far from the truth..

They should av upgraded since but kept quiet.. Now they av to pull a comeback in an already competitive market.
Let see how far they'll go sha
I can't imagine myself buying such crappy fone for that amount when there are lesser ones.

I'm just waiting for the day they will officially announce their takeover by......
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Intrepid01(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2016
prettyjo:
a beautiful queen was born today.

happy birthday to me

Congrats dear.....to brighter life n greater heights.
Mine was 25th
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by comeandmarry: 9:59am On Jul 27, 2016
I respect blackberry for one thing,fast Internet speed,no upandan data zapping ish,its rugged.
My q30 Don fall face facing the ground like 2wice without screen protector, e no Crack,or begin give ish.
Men kudos to bb.
Imagine say na iphone 6s or 6s plus.
Una sabi Dat picture wey Micheal Jordan dey cry dey hold iphone. Na im I for dey o.

1 Like

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 27, 2016
chidubem89:
Me still dey 1da why blackberry still dey wan produce andriod device when dey have it all in blackberry os 10,all dey need is just to just to improve de device by adding more high features,camera/dat will murder dat of ios phones/gestures/dat will murder dat of samsung os/battery/doh blackberry passport have a gud ba3 bt dey still need ba3 dat can murder gionee m5 os cuz is only phone I respect 2day in terms of ba3/

Dey need to add proxy/port nd many stuff in dia apn so it can be able to run all diz proxy apps smoothly,doh many of proxy app run on os 10 bt it can't power all de app,accept only simple server bt is hard to connect....
They need to improve dia andriod player even when some andriod app request dat dey will run on andriod os 10.7.0 de andriod player can b able to run even when de app request permission of 100.0.1.....

Just with diz stuff yu re good to go,os 10 is a great phone,it can play andriod games smoothly/run andriod smoothly/run google play store smoothly/and many more/why did dey still need andriod phones why all dey need is to improve de performance of bb os 10.......

Some niggaz here talking abt ending whatsapp on bb,if whatsapp company 2day decide to end whatsapp on bb phones dey re still loosing I guess bb users contribute like 20% in whatsapp system,nd if bb their self decide to end whatsapp to end whatsapp on bb running on os 7 down or os 10,I guess de company de will loose like 30% nd dey can't never try it for de betterment of de company...

Me currently using curve4/bb10 nd I never hear any sort of warn from whatsapp abt ending whatsapp on blackberry by de end of de year,I currently update my blackberry 9360whatsapp 2days ago nd whatsapp list de requirement all dey need bb os running on 5.0 nd above even dat of bb bold 2 can run whatsapp smoothly,if whatsapp end dia term in bb/java/symbia/part of lumia I guess 40% whatsapp users will deeply have hatred for de app nd I guess some other great app will rise/wechat/line/imo /viber/even dat of bbm will enable dia support in all java/symbian os/me I guess whatsapp have come back to dia normal sense....

Any of yu dat wanna sell any bb os 10 listed/Z10/Q10/classic/Z30/passp for 10k shuld let me knw...
(mua chidubem have only express mine OP)

What an eyesore!! Who wrote this?

1 Like

Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 27, 2016
jideniceguy:
This is a nice one. But Blackberry should push an Android update for we OS 10 users so we can upgrade our devices to Android since blackberry seems to have abandoned the OS 10 now. They've failed to release an update on the OS for a long time now and here's the second android phone from them. If they fail to push android updates to us, does it mean our devices running on OS 10 will be rendered completely useless? Some applications are already beginning to pull out of the OS now because it has been abandoned and can't suit the new updates they are bringin to their apps. like WhatsApp, facebook etc.

I no go forgive blackberry if my Passport is rendered useless. They had better start rolling out android updates for us now so we go kukuma know that we are using android phones too. Or they should release another BlackBerry OS update soon...

How can they send update of a completely different OS to your phone? Just listen to yourself..
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 27, 2016
ollah1:

How can they send update of a completely different OS to your phone? Just listen to yourself..

It is very possible since they are in partnership with Android now and moving to Android finally. They can do it if they really want to.
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 27, 2016
Proud BlackBerry fan, dts y dey cal me b.b bos
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Speare(m): 10:38am On Jul 27, 2016
gadgetsngs:
Its now Official,the Blackberry DTEK50 is Blackberry's second Android powered Smartphone.Its almost the same as the Alcatel Idol 4 in design and internals,but unlike the Blackberry Priv,the new comer is an all touch screen device.

The device highlights a special security feature which gives its users secure voice calls, text messages and file sharing capabilities, while the DTEK app allows you to control and monitor security and privacy on the handset.

See full specs & images below

BlackBerry DTEK50 specifications

5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD scratch-resistant display
Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor with 550MHz Adreno 405 GPU
3GB RAM with 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 6P lens
8MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f2.2, 84-degree wide angle lens
Dimensions: 147×72.5×7.4mm; Weight: 135g
3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC
2610mAh battery with fast charging

Price tag? Its already available for preorder from bb official shop

Sauce http://www.gadgetsng.com/2016/07/blackberry-dtek50.html
Amazeballs!!, but have they finished buying priv??
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2016
jideniceguy:

It is very possible since they are in partnership with Android now and moving to Android finally. They can do it if they really want to.

Please just stop. Abeg!
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 27, 2016
ollah1:

Please just stop. Abeg!

SMH... I hear you
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2016
It's pretty cheap and have good specs. I might buy it wink
Re: Its Bye Bye To Blackberry OS - Say Hello To Blackberry 2nd Android Phone by Kingkamal(m): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2016
Maxvasia:
Crappy Battery. Not even super amoled. Away!
mashmallow is not consuming battery. And blackberry has standard screen and good resolution in their history. You just mention something that you don't really know more about. Just a criticism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Effects Of Charging Phones With Generator / Unboxing My New Blackberry Keyone / My Phone Call Log Is Not Updating & Missed Calls Are Not Showing, Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.