Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,990 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Fuel Scarcity To Hit Nigeria As Truck Owners Go On Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity To Hit Nigeria As Truck Owners Go On Strike (579 Views)

We Allowed Fuel Scarcity To Reduce Accident Rate In Dec.-lai Mohammed / Truck Owners, Freight Forwarders Protest Over Poor State Of Apapa Roads / Fuel Scarcity Set To Hit Nigeria Again.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity To Hit Nigeria As Truck Owners Go On Strike by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
– Nigeria might experience fuel scarcity as Petrol truck owners are set to embark on strike suspending the transportation of petroleum products across the country today. July 26.

– Truck owners had last week issued a seven-day ultimatum to FG over alleged unpaid bridging claims and reduction of freight rate paid to its members by the Petroleum Equalisation Fund (PEF)

Nigerians queuing for fuel
Petrol truck owners are set to embark on strike suspending the transportation of petroleum products across the country, beginning from today, July 26.

Recall that truck owners had last week issued a seven-day ultimatum to FG over alleged unpaid bridging claims and reduction of freight rate paid to its members by the Petroleum Equalisation Fund (PEF).

National President of NARTO, Alhaji Kassim Ibrahim Bataiya, who was assisted by PTD’s Comrade salimon Olatidi at the media briefing, demanded that the management board of the PEF must immediately commence the full payment of transporters’ claims.

The truck owners warned that they will suspend their services of movement of petroleum products from one destination to the other through out the country, should the management of the Petroleum Equalisation Fund, PEF, continue to default in payments of transporters’ claims.

Alhaji Bataiya asked the management board of PEF to immediately commence the full payment of transporters’ claims as well as the accumulated outstanding claims in respect of the period January 1, 2011 to May 11, 2016 at the rate applicable from 2011 to December 31, 2015.

He further asked the PEF management board to immediately conclude the review of the freight rate from May 12, 2016 to date, in accordance with the bridging fund approved by the government.

https://www.naij.com/904089-fuel-scarcity-hit-nigeria.html

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Hit Nigeria As Truck Owners Go On Strike by Speeddial(m): 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
The structure of this country is what's killing it. Nigeria needs restructuring.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Hit Nigeria As Truck Owners Go On Strike by eph12(m): 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
I take God beg una o. I can't go through what I went through the last time again please

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Hit Nigeria As Truck Owners Go On Strike by NextGovernor(m): 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
Nigeria don tire person. Abeg make this Africa Union passport do come out.. South Africa and Egypt go hear am from us.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Hit Nigeria As Truck Owners Go On Strike by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
Buhari again

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Hit Nigeria As Truck Owners Go On Strike by DaudaAbu(m): 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2016
Scarcity with fuel at 145?

This is a long thing

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Hit Nigeria As Truck Owners Go On Strike by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
My only joy is that we are in this altogether, both the people who voted for change & those who didn't. But, to an extent I thank the almighty God for making Buhari the winner because if he had not won; some people would have told us how Buhari would have made Nigeria an eldorado..

e.g:
1. That PMS would have been N28 per litre by now.

2. Bag of rice would have been M2350 by now. etc But, reverse is the case.

somebody shout Say Baba

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity To Hit Nigeria As Truck Owners Go On Strike by Yourskills(m): 10:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
naija don pass dis levelgrin

Do you need 10,000+ active Emails, 100,000+ active numbers (Glo, Mtn, etisalat,
airtel, Bulk mail, Bulk sms, 1million+ facebook page, 5million youtube views,
1,000 Ebook Sales Daily , 10.000+ blog traffic daily, Forum like nairaland,
E-Commerce like Jumia, Branded Mobile Apps...etc contact me.....check my signature...
......................Stop struggling for traffic.......
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Hit Nigeria As Truck Owners Go On Strike by babyfaceafrica: 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
Nice
Re: Fuel Scarcity To Hit Nigeria As Truck Owners Go On Strike by Flexherbal(m): 10:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
Not again!

(1) (Reply)

When Buhari Was Running For Election 2003, 2007, 2011, 2015?????? / If You Hate The Jew, then... / Please Help ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.