Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm (1433 Views)

... / How To Set Up Free 40mb Data Plan Using Indian Web Proxy Software / How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by showreals(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2009
i am some money pls can any one give me indepth help on how to start a good computer sales offices/company

selling computers laptops, accessories etc

compute support, networking consultancy etc
Re: Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by deji2009(m): 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2009
I think you need to start from somewhere e.g. looking at trends, Research and seeking business consultant

I think the area that need investing in, is a national call centre where user's took out a pakcage and  get 24/7

technical support. having said that is not going to be easy, because of lack of power supply in nigeria. and some other factors. Good luck anyway
Re: Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by ochukoccna: 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2009
[size=14pt]What's your skill base like? Can it support the business you are interested in/ the areas you listed?  Do you have specialized IT knowledge worth paying for? Would you hire yourself? Are you efficient enough? Have you observed yourself enough to know your strengths, weaknesses and interests? Are you ready to hungry before the business picks up? Can you endure when initial response is slow/not forth coming? Money is the last thing to think about when starting a business.[/size]
Re: Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by showreals(m): 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2009
sorry i am a bit lazy in typing

i am very good in system support and networking (intranet)
i am average in some other areas ICT

basically i want to set up these for a start

sales office/shop where i sell coputer products and accessories(i have a guy that will take care of the engineering section)

2. laptop cybercafe where only laptops are given access cos its reduces cost maintenance etc,

3. consultancy section where we can bid for little contracts etc

i want to work with a well set up firm in Kaduna
i am in Abuja and the place i stay which is as big as maybe festac doesnt have a decent computer outfit

i even dont mind travelling to china or anywhere as in to get cheap and good products

i really want to make this big but gat to start from somewhere grin grin grin
i hope i tried small
Re: Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by stefrank: 9:56pm On Sep 20, 2009
@showreals, whats you contact details
send mail to babolinks@yahoo.com
lets talk
Re: Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by mikesleek(m): 9:10am On Sep 21, 2009
Forgot to put your location. You could also drop me a mail mmonwuba@hotmail.com
Re: Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by routik(m): 9:41am On Sep 21, 2009
What's your skill base like? Can it support the business you are interested in/ the areas you listed? Do you have specialized IT knowledge worth paying for? Would you hire yourself? Are you efficient enough? Have you observed yourself enough to know your strengths, weaknesses and interests? Are you ready to hungry before the business picks up? Can you endure when initial response is slow/not forth coming? Money is the last thing to think about when starting a business.
you have said it all.
@poster, take your time and do a very good research. you can even go and attach your self in place that is doing the same thing you have in mind, while monitoring how the business is being run. don't embark in a venture you cant finish especially now you have money at hand.
Re: Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by showreals(m): 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2009
collins465:

you have said it all.
@poster, take your time and do a very good research. you can even go and attach your self in place that is doing the same thing you have in mind, while monitoring how the business is being run. don't embark in a venture you cant finish especially now you have money at hand.

thanks so much
Re: Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by routik(m): 10:25am On Sep 22, 2009
you are welcome.
i will email you later, am busy now.
Re: Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by bigbash(m): 11:27am On Sep 23, 2009
if you really intend to start the business dont percieve any thing as a limitation to achieve this goal just keep going although i have a reliable colleague tha t may be of help to you who have vast experinece in computer sales and importing you may write him on tijaralink@gmail.com
Re: Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by yinkfad(m): 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2009
showreal, i will advice u go on wireless. so that the laptops can work on it effectively. you can mail me on this mail so we can talk better. yinkfad24u@yahoo.com or yinkfad24u@hotmail.com
thanks
Re: Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by showreals(m): 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2009
thanks for all the advisessssssssssssss i will send mails shortly to u all

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by PastorJyde: 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2009
ochukoccna:

[size=14pt]What's your skill base like? Can it support the business you are interested in/ the areas you listed?  Do you have specialized IT knowledge worth paying for? Would you hire yourself? Are you efficient enough? Have you observed yourself enough to know your strengths, weaknesses and interests? Are you ready to hungry before the business picks up? Can you endure when initial response is slow/not forth coming? Money is the last thing to think about when starting a business.[/size]
Supported.

Let me give you more advice:
Don't be in a hurry to rush into any given business including the business that reflects your area of study because if you rush in, you might rush out (or be rushed out - it's a matter of time to know which one comes first)

I'm sorry if I sound critical but that's the truth.
Also, an excellent idea could be void of excellent logistics which might give birth to failure. So, what I'm I saying in essence:

[b]
1. Take the money away from your focus initially.
2. Calmly sit down and bring out your pen and jotter.
3. Begin to list out what you want in order to define your goal or objective (it pays to start with prayer especially if you are genuinely born again). This will also help you to define your mission statement.
4. The life-span you intend for the business.
5. The location you wish to site the business.
6. The government policies (state and national) that relates to the business.
7. The property intended for the business.
8. The manpower you need to start with.
9. How to supply constant electricity for the business (in a country like Nigeria).
10. Overall cost-effective logistics that would be involved in achieving success in the business.
11. The management of present and future competitors of the business.
12. Marketing strategies for the business in a period of economic meltdown.
13. The presence of relationships (family, friends, etc) in respect to the business.
14. The God-factor in a business (Tithe, Special Offerings, First-fruit, etc.)
15. Finally, the You-factor: skilled/unskilled, trustworthy/untrustworthy, careful/careless, good-money-mgr/ poor-money-mgr, hardworking/lazy, tolerant/intolerant, etc.
[/b]
These are just few researches that you need to honestly provide answers for before you bring out your money for the business.

NB: Don't let your lifestyle be a reflection of your profit at the early stage of your business.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Help I Want To Set Up A Computer Firm by computech: 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2009
@showreal

I have been in the computer business for a while, I sell, repair and network. You need some technical know-how to excel in this business, contact me I can offer you a month or two training to familirise you with the market.

email: adecomputer2003@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (Reply)

Zain Browsing / Hard Disk Help Needed Here / Laptop For Sale. SOLD!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.