Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:36 AM

Replacing Toshiba Equium,what Do You Recommend - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Replacing Toshiba Equium,what Do You Recommend (754 Views)

Toshiba Equium For Sale @ 25k / What laptop do you recommend? / Toshiba Equium A100 Issues: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Replacing Toshiba Equium,what Do You Recommend by madlady(f): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2009
Can anyone advise me on the best Toshiba laptop to buy to replace my Equium, insurance will cover the cost.

Thanks for your help
Re: Replacing Toshiba Equium,what Do You Recommend by deji2009(m): 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2009
to be honest i really dont know, it depends on what you need it for e.g. basics. check on on pc world website as i use

to work for them before am sure they"ll have good ones https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=325133.0;num_replies=0

most important, remember this top tips. you could save yourself money and time http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD7C02140000R01.htm whatever you do dont forgot to create a recovery disk just incase you"re infected with virus. if you did not create the disk toshiba will charge you, just check it out https://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/

This are based on my experience. Good luck!
Re: Replacing Toshiba Equium,what Do You Recommend by madlady(f): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2009
THETECGUYS embarassed

Thanks for getting back to me, purchased the one I am replacing from them, they do have a great range (old kent road).
I do use it for mainly basic stuff,paint box,selling stock on ebay photoshop and such so nothing too complicated.
I would like to get a really good one, even if I have to be taught how to use some features, took out pc worlds high cost insurance so hopefully I can really upgrade,you know more than I could afford if I had to fork out.

That backup disc thing may cause me probs, but I shall do that in the future.

Thanks alot guys for helping me once again.
Re: Replacing Toshiba Equium,what Do You Recommend by madlady(f): 7:06am On Sep 18, 2009
Black-Revo

Thanks for taking the time to research all that for me, do you know your answer does not show up on this page, I found your reply to me elsewhere,i will add it to my favourites, I will then go into them carefully.

A big thank you.

I have had a good look, love the Satellite p550-st5801, i will just make sure I can get it at pc world or Dabs (if they are still in business)

Black-Revo do you know why your previous post was deleted?
Re: Replacing Toshiba Equium,what Do You Recommend by BlackRevo: 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2009
Oh good you found it and it was deleted twice so i have to reply you so that you can see it.

It is the spam bot that automatically deletes peoples post, i was just lazy i could have clicked the notify button and the mod will untag it.

I tried to search for that model you posted but i could not find it. I did not want to choose for you so that's why i made sure you got the best information to make your choice smiley.
Re: Replacing Toshiba Equium,what Do You Recommend by madlady(f): 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2009
Black Revo,

Cheers for that,I found that model  in the Toshiba website link you sent to me, down by the 17inch and above.

I have always purchased laptops on what I can get for my money, I know this is not the way to do it so I am really grateful for your help to find what's I really right for my needs.
The guys in the shops try to explain but I do not really understand what they are saying, and I always think they just want me to spend big bucks so I am really  happy you  pointed  me in the right direction.

Have a nice weekend

(1) (Reply)

Good Laptop For A Programmer / Are China Laptops Any Good? / Free Internet Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.