Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians (28492 Views)

Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu / 11 Things President Buhari's Administration Has So Far Achieved / 14 Things President Buhari Has Changed Since Assuming Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Earth2Metahuman: 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
Skmoda360:

second term you say, keep dreaming he is gonna enter in his dream, he only have Northern part to himself now, Yoruba people will never vote for that bastard dullard president again #Alwaysayorubamanforeverone
why not speak for yourself and leave Yoruba out of your mouth?

I'm Yoruba and I will vote for him 20k over any PDP candidate. Gerarahia.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Omooba77: 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
Bolustic:
Dear Op,

From which credible poll did you read that Nigerians have lost trust in the President? The truth is the people who voted him knows the rot of 16 years wouldn't be cleaned in 2 years.

How would you claim you trust someone and still give his opponent over 82% of your votes?

It's better you say the people of SS/SE don't trust him. They never lost trust in PMB coz they never trusted him.

The rot is deeper now Alagba Bolu; go outside the road; you can read agony on people's face.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Excuzeme: 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
veraponpo:

Only those of you who never liked him are still complaining.

The Groups are :

1. South East : About 90% of the Igbo people never liked him without a cogent reason. They were like the people of Israel who wanted Jesus dead and asked for the release of Barnabas the thief.

2. South South: About 75% of the South-South people went for GEJ and it is just natural that they would feel bad for the loss.

3. Yoruba PDP Members: About 45% of Yoruba votes went for GEJ. These PDP members are still believing that anything is still possible to restore PDP to the Central Government.

The truth is Buhari is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria. He may not be the technocrat that we want, he might not be the genius that we desire but he is the one that can be dogged enough in the fight against corruption and insecurity.

Our economic challenge will soon be over, so it is a challenge that cannot be seen as perennial . We need to pray for Buhari that God should guide him right so that every step he takes will bring positive result to the country.

You have to see what is happening in Venezuela to appreciate where we are in Nigeria. If GEJ had won re-election in 2015 maybe we would have been sold off to another country because he was such a docile leader and unserious C in C of the Armed Forces.

I believe in Buhari.

I am disappointed in You, that you expect those whose reasoning tells them #5,000 dash-money will solve their unending problems and make them like the President, can UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WROTE ABOVE? They just cant.

These set of deluded Goats cant reason beyond their hatred, bigotry and shamelessness. grin grin
[/b]
Fayose is their lost father.
Dasuki is their lost Uncle
Olisah Metuh is their Brother

Infact, any Criminal has a blood afinnity with them.

[b]As pointed out, Buhari can, will be re-elected without their 5% vote, if he pays out on Electricity, Security and Agriculture.
We told them same thing in 2015, when they were beating their chest.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Skmoda360(m): 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
why not speak for yourself and live Yoruba our of your mouth?

I'm Yoruba and I will vote for him 20k over any PDP candidate. Gerarahia.
you are part of those hypocrites, yeebos are talking about, most yorubas are cowards and i guess you are part of them, mind you if you vote for him who that one help, abeg go sleep or knock your head on asphalt and don't reply cuz if you do the thunder wey go fire you is doing press up and warming up..mtscheeeew

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Excuzeme: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
Lmao

Flat heads talking about "loooosing" trusts ..

Hahahahah

U dey crase! grin grin
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by basadenet: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
NwaNimo1:
6) Resign and hand over to GEJ before 2019

Will defeat Pmb.
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Paperwhite(m): 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s]
Nothing he does will please some of you.

The hatred is deep. The good thing is he doesn't really need SE/SS to win a 2nd term.
Your zombiesm also have no cure or remedy.So someone can not express his/her opinion again?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by KingOfAmebo(m): 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
Bolustic:
Dear Op,

From which credible poll did you read that Nigerians have lost trust in the President? The truth is the people who voted him knows the rot of 16 years wouldn't be cleaned in 2 years.

How would you claim you trust someone and still give his opponent over 82% of your votes?

It's better you say the people of SS/SE don't trust him. They never lost trust in PMB coz they never trusted him.

President Buhari recently commissioned one of the 16 years projects(destruction) by PDP, and a lot of APC folks were there taking selfies, I thought APC said PDP destroyed Nigeria, why are they now commissioning one of the projects conceived and started by that demonic PDP?...what are we to say about this?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by NwaNimo1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Even if GEJ came back tomorrow...things won't change.

The real problem is our dependence on oil, whose price is going to keep on going down for the next ten years.

The price of oil has always been manipulated. One of Nigeria's biggest problems is not understanding global politricks!

When the USA we jacking Iraq and then Libya's oil we should have predicted demand for our oil would drop along with oil prices.

When sanctions were lifted on Iran again we should have expected a drop in prices due to increased supply.

All of a sudden the US are an oil exporter again - ask yourself where has this oil they're now exporting come from?
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Earth2Metahuman: 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
Skmoda360:

you are part of those hypocrites, yeebos are talking about, most yorubas are cowards and i guess you are part of them, mind you if you vote for him who that one help, abeg go sleep or knock your head on asphalt and don't reply cuz if you do the thunder wey go fire you is doing press up and warming up..mtscheeeew
see this one crying on top say I got my voters card and decided to vote not for a thief...

Wail on flat head.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by dadaijboy: 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
Sai Baba
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Omooba77: 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
HighQue007:
To gain your trust not the trust of Nigerians cos he is one of the few leader we trust..so speak for yourself

We trusted GEJ and hell on earth is our reward.

Sometimes i am just so scared to Check the news for the fear of not reading about another billions looted by some greedy politicians and yet some dumb people are still chanting GEJ...thats hipocrisy

Imagine FFK telling us his father was one of the people that fought for pur freedom..so does that give him the reason to loot us dry..

You still believe the lies of looted funds...Shake gbirigbiri for una. How many have been convicted

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by adedayoa2(f): 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
HRich:
Lolz. Please not to me. Infact take the power. He should hand over to you, then you will become the first female president.
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by DMerciful(m): 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
From this statement it shows you have baseless hatred for GEJ. funny thing is that you are a nobody. Nobody in you village has ever achieved half of what GEJ achieved. Yeye dey smell undecided
DropShot:

What have you achieved with your wailing, protesting, destruction and the ultimatums?

No president, past, present or future, can be worse than the Ineffectual Buffoon. Deal with it!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Earth2Metahuman: 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
Omooba77:

You still believe the lies of looted funds...Shake gbirigbiri for una. How many have been convicted
so which money do those arrested so far claimed to be retuning?

Your fathers money?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Skmoda360(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
see this one crying on top say I got my voters card and decided to vote not for a thief...

Wail on flat head.
flat head indeed, swerve...i dont need to remind you i'm pure yoruba breed....this is gonna be my last dish for you.
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by DMerciful(m): 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
Forget this grammer, Bubu's incompetence is legendary. The SS/SE do not like him but that is not responsible for his ineptitude, it is inherent undecided
Bolustic:
Dear Op,

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
AgentOrange:

Yes, we know the afonjas will always help him out but we don't care.

His government will continue to be turbulent and he might end up as the worst president in the history of this country if he does not change his ways.

This is just the beginning.

And who suffers from this? PMB or Nigerians?
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Earth2Metahuman: 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
Skmoda360:

flat head indeed, swerve...i dont need to remind you i'm pure yoruba breed....this is gonna be my last dish for you.
hahahahaha omo ale wanna be.

Omo ale oMO iran kiran to on fi owo OSI juwe le.

Yoruba indeed.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by casdoruche: 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
the only thing am waiting for is an independent igbo nation.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s]

The hatred is deep. The good thing is he doesn't really need SE/SS to win a 2nd term.
When the time comes he will need them either directly or indirectly

1 Like

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by casdoruche: 3:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
poltically hausa are ruling economically igbo are resourceful. I wonder what yorubas do. yoruba just read and rant their self acclaimed intellectual stupidity. under gej soyinka opposed the wife of the president with all his strength. where is soyinka now that ashes buhari is calling fayose a chained dog. before now soyinka was a talker now is silent like a nobody. he said our unity is negotiable but when buhari gave him feedback fear caught and he entered his she'll like a snail
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by hayordele1: 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
Bolustic:
Dear Op,

Na southwest wey trust him abi?.....sit down dere oooo.
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
DanceVille:
What Buhari can really do to regain the trust of Nigerians Are:

1. Free Medical Service Across The Nation

2. More Employment Opportunities

3. Good Farming Facilities And Granting Of Loan
To Farmers

4. Incentives To Workers Especially Teachers

5. Be Truthful And Sincere

Just my thinking tho.

Don't forget to vote fynestboi for Mr Nairaland 2016.
Join the Team today.
Nothing is actually free in the first place. When you pay tax it's expected from government to reciprocate. Countries providing free health care are not actually rendering free services as some persons think.
Most government provide loans to farmers but our social values has being an hindrance. Most Nigerians are corrupt right from birth even though we shouldn't blame ourselves since heavy of the burden falls on the government
Teachers are the foundation no doubt but if he provides good package at the expense of other workers, there will agitation from other workers which invariably leads to inflation. Instead government should provide most basic amenities at affordable prices such that workers will spend less. Imagine the price of most goods and services has gone up yet the inflation rate is climbing. To make matter worse NLC were barking like dog for upward review of wages.
Which politician is truthful? They have similar trait which is hungry for power. Although I by your idea of being truthful because he's not fair in dealing with corruption no matter how most persons see it because it was on that platform (War Against Indispline) that most Nigerians voted for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by Gamusgamus: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
Samguine:
Before the 2015 elections, President Muhammadu Buhari was touted as the messiah that will fix all Nigeria’s problems. He was repackaged and presented to Nigerians as the best invention since sliced bread.

Fast-forward to 2016 – Nigerians who voted for Buhari are now reawakening from the spell cast over them during the elections. There is widespread poverty in the land and the middle class may soon become extinct. As at June 2016, the President’s approval rating stood at 39 percent as against a very high rating of 80 per cent in October 2015. People want to see the President work for them. Here are 5 things President Buhari can do to endear himself to Nigerians one more time:

1. Cabinet reshuffle

The President’s cabinet is filled with professional politicians and not technocrats as expected; a little shake-up will really boost the President’s image. A lot of Nigerians will be happy to see him sack Minister of science and technology, minister of Agric, Minister of finance, Minister of interior, minister of education and his spokespersons. The President also needs to move a few others to ministries best suited for their skillset.

2. Visit the South-South and South East

Before the election, the President stunned Nigerians by dressing up in clothes depicting different Nigerian cultures. He did his best to show Nigerians that he wanted to be President of Nigeria and not President of his region. Today, the story is different. ‘’King of the North’’ – that is now one of President Buhari’s nickname. Some will argue that he is more sectional than any other President Nigeria ever had. What better way to shut up critics than to pay a visit to the South-South and South-East?

3. Commence distribution of N5,000 cash

Poor Nigerians expected Buhari to make their lives better but today they’re suffering the most. Parents now exchange their kids for bags of rice and cartons of noodles – the country is experiencing a technical recession. A lot of jobs have been lost and no new ones created. Nigerians all over are waiting to see President Buhari’s magic move that will end their sufferings. What move can be more magical than distributing free money that was promised during the elections? . Distribution of N5,000 to poor and vulnerable Nigerians may not solve every problem but it will sure help President Buhari regain the support of millions of Nigerians.

4. Focus on doing good rather than looking good

The Buhari administration has become one that is bent on looking good rather than doing good. We see more photos of the President doing mundane everyday things than we hear him speak. Nigerians want to see the President flag off new projects, they want to hear him roll out new policies and not pose for photos with newspapers.

5. Stop talking about the past

‘’Shut up and face front’’- is what President Buhari badly needs to hear from his advisers. Over one year into his term as President, Buhari is still talking about the previous administration. He has even managed to talk about the military coup that removed him from office in 1985. So far, Buhari has shown more interest in Nigeria’s past than her future. Young Nigerians do not want to hear the President talk about ‘what was’, they want to hear him talk about ‘what will be’.

--------------

No Presidency is perfect but President Buhari can do better. If Nigeria must make progress under Buhari, then the President must up his game.

Source: https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/5-things-president-buhari-can-do-to-regain-the-trust-of-nigerians.218062/
TRUTH BE TOLD
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by 2sexynet: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s]

The Good Thing Is That Even SW are grumbling by virtue of his numerous economic experiments, trial and error and miscalculations.
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by FxMallam: 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
At the end of the day, unless he can magically turn the economic situation around, we might be looking at a one term president here folks.
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by RichyRodman(m): 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s]

As much as Buhari needs the South East and South South Even the northerners would not vote for APC they have given Nigeria the worst regime in the history of the country we are in recession now as confirmed by even his finance minister ministry of Statistics has come out to say 4.5 Million Nigerians have lost their jobs in the last 6 months is a staggering and disappointing development industries have all increased prices due to incremental costs of importation and increment in diesel price from N100 to N190 all prices of goods in the market have doubled or quadrupled Nigerians find it hard to eat because a liter of Kerosene is now N300 "Nigerians would never ever vote Buhari back into power come 2019" quote and un-quote me"
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by MrTour: 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
The five points are all wrong, the first thing he can do to please Nigerians is to resign.

Period.
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by BrokenTV: 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2016
DropShot:

What have you achieved with your wailing, protesting, destruction and the ultimatums?

No president, past, present or future, can be worse than the Ineffectual Buffoon. Deal with it!

Is people like you, that are leading Buhari astray, which leads him to false assuming that he still has the support of the masses. Go to the street and seek opinion of the people, You will found out that he has lost the support of the people including those that vote him in.
Re: 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians by nawaj(m): 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
Splashme:
[size=18pt]Buhari is Nigeria's worst president
since independence
[/size]

Good advice though . . . . hopes he listens
. Lol u are the wrost nigerian ever 4 saying this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Edo Government Arrests BUA Workers, Army Seizes Explosives (Photos) / Igbos Voted Atiku, Why Demand SFG From Buhari? - Northern Group Mocks Ohanaeze / Pictures Of Nigeria Police Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.