Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market (17393 Views)

Naira Plunges At Interbank Market / Naira Hits All Time Low At Interbank Market / Naira Crashes To N285/$1 At Interbank Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by sanusidabo: 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
I call on the EFCC to tackle this CBN atrocities in the name of flexible exchange rate. I look forward toward the EFCC , DSS as well other relevant security agencies urgent action.
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by Adesiji77: 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
onatisi:

To be honest it is really scary and frightening when one thinks and see what is about to happen. The reason why many still don't feel the economic pinch or feel that the dollar issue doesn't concern them is because state governments haven't started retrenching and sacking people,by the time they start in August/September ,the situation is better left imagined .

So, what do you see as the way out of this present quagmire?
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by erico2k2(m): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
Donbrig:
A weakened naira does not equates a weakened Nigerians. Nigerians are strong and resilient folks, times are hard, no doubt. But we will overcome all this in due time and celebrate our nation in true loyalty, honesty and love again.

God bless our Nigeria.
I have been hearing that for the past 365 dasy

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by okeyglm: 10:10pm On Jul 27, 2016
our problem is scarcity of dollars. why not allow us to receive our remittancs in dollar. for crying Nigerians aboard remits close to $30 per year. they know the problems but dont want to solve it because of huge exchange gain they earn from remitted money from. if wu, mg etc. can allow us to receive our money in dollar the problem will reduce to nearest minimum.
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 10:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
worlexy:
it's really a pathetic situation, but what can actually be done? Cos our economic team seem to be clueless
Adesiji77:

So, what do you see as the way out of this present quagmire?
The solution lies with the people. It is the people that can bring about the needed change by patronizing Nigeria made goods,going back to agriculture and making serious sacrifices but the people wont make any sacrifice whether painful or sweet for any deaf dumb dullard president that behaves as if he is napoleon and a president that feels too proud and arrogant to talk to his people . That is the problem in Nigeria now,buhari has never been an intelligent man with the sense of meaningful communication skills ,he is a shallow minded man that believes only his ideas and those of the ppl he trust are the best. Look at the Niger delta situation ,the president hasn't even deemed it fit to invite the rulers in that region to Abuja and talk to them rather he is sending soldiers and army personnel to that area. Now how do u talk sensible peace with someone who you have sent soldiers to his place

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by Fellywood(m): 10:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
bitingcool:
Buhari's image has been tainted in the east, west and south, I don't know if he still reigns supreme in the north . He has fueled it by his silence on ethnic clashes, his lopsided ethnic appointments, his silence on the rising religious intolerance and his dormant ministers and non existing economic team . He forgets that the politicians surrounding him will push him further as long as their positions are secure.

What we voted for is not what we see.

The truth is the way Buhari is going, he may not be reelected. He is as clueless as GEJ. I still blame GEJ, if he made good use of the opportunity he got as President, we won't have a Buhari today.

All in all, may Nigeria win eventually. Not buhari or any selfish fool. Nigeria, and it's citizens.
Pls stop this nonsense ..blame your idiot & stop dragging GEJ into your self-inflicted rot.
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by MayorSchwags(m): 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
Fantastic!
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by stephany007: 10:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
Motherfucker2:
You delivered Daniel from the lions den
You fed 5000 people with two loafs of bread and two fishes.
If you know you're the same God who never change, Make $1 to exchange for 3,000 naira, Make one bag of rice 50,000 naira , make 1 liter of fuel 2,000 naira
na so you hate nigeria
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by Kaira333: 11:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
Omohjick:

Must u question him b4 u'll know he's sick?
Ignored!!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by lohresloco: 11:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
i repeat.....NNAMA!!!!!
preselect:
[size=14pt]Buharinomics. . . . the economics of nnama!!!!
need I say more? . .
[/size]

[size=38pt]VooDoo Economics. . . . [/size]

#VoodooEconomics

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by lohresloco: 11:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
Suprnov3r:
Sincerely...

The best week so far since bubu became president was the week he left nigeria for ear treatment.
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by kibaku(m): 11:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
Dollar is not our currency!!!
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by kulrunsman79(m): 1:58am On Jul 28, 2016
Even at this, baba still stupidly believe that things will work out without using sound economic team.

Minister of finance is an accountant that is better off with grammar than with real solution. Accountants can't efficiently do the work of economists and get same results. Economy doesn't hear grammar. Baba needs strong economic team made of seasoned economists, renowned industrialists, corporate managers with track records etc to advise him on workable economic policies to resuscitate the comatose economy.

Technocrats will do the regime of baba more good if given a chance to help. Baba should do away with all these sycophants and charlatans he surrounds himself with. The government has had more than enough trial n error already.
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by dotun365: 2:03am On Jul 28, 2016
CACAWA:
[size=18pt] I have a plan for Nigeria.
It is just a matter of time
And a New Nigeria shall be reborn.
[/size]

Youth Revolution 2027...coming soon
oga keep your revolution limited to your family house oh don't insite violence among some of the innocent minds around here. Who revolution don epp?? People just die for nothing. Violence is never always the answer. Look at Syria, Libya, Sudan, Chad and be guided in ur comments, thoughts and actions
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by lucien4scaffold(m): 2:23am On Jul 28, 2016
wake up and be strong, Naira and Nigeria!
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by Nobody: 5:05am On Jul 28, 2016
JoeCutie:
Nigeria has never been the best nation of the world, yes! But she had never been this bloody. Nigeria is bleeding profusely!

I grew up to meet a "bad Nigeria".
Nevertheless, it took The PDP (Obasanjo = 8years + Y'aradua = 2years + Jonathan = 6years) good 16years to bring Nigeria from her 'original' bad state to worse.

And now, it has taken The APC (Buhari) just 1year to bring Nigeria from worse to worst; to an all-time low; to her bending knee.

Wow! Nobody (Party) does it like the APC... undecided

Legendary!
Pretty much sums up the last 17 years **sigh**

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by Demainman1: 5:49am On Jul 28, 2016
Akaujaa:

It's a shame you display your frustration, illiteracy and idiocy in public. If you are not ridden in wanton ignorance, you should know that this forum exists because it is able to accept diverse opinions. If you are looking for where your opinion alone would hold sway, you better relocate to your village so you can dine and wine with illiterates like you. I don't blame you because the proliferation of the social media has placed everyone on the same pedestal where even nonentities put your bags higher above the height of your hands.

I said it before and I will say it again. You are a dullard just like presidiot buhari. Kill yourself.
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by worlexy(m): 6:12am On Jul 28, 2016
onatisi:

The solution lies with the people. It is the people that can bring about the needed change by patronizing Nigeria made goods,going back to agriculture and making serious sacrifices but the people wont make any sacrifice whether painful or sweet for any deaf dumb dullard president that behaves as if he is napoleon and a president that feels too proud and arrogant to talk to his people . That is the problem in Nigeria now,buhari has never been an intelligent man with the sense of meaningful communication skills ,he is a shallow minded man that believes only his ideas and those of the ppl he trust are the best. Look at the Niger delta situation ,the president hasn't even deemed it fit to invite the rulers in that region to Abuja and talk to them rather he is sending soldiers and army personnel to that area. Now how do u talk sensible peace with someone who you have sent soldiers to his place
Yeah. You're so on point. It's unfortunate that the masses allowed APC propaganda to work on them by throwing away a listening and intelligent President like Jonathan, even though he had his flaws(no human is infallible) he's far far better than Buhari intellectually and every way
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by Vincent41(m): 6:15am On Jul 28, 2016
CACAWA:
[size=18pt] I have a plan for Nigeria.
It is just a matter of time
And a New Nigeria shall be reborn.
[/size]

Youth Revolution 2027...coming soon

my thought though
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by Vincent41(m): 6:23am On Jul 28, 2016
CXLVII:
God bless His Excellency, President Mohammadu Buhari

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

hahahahah..yet u buy fuel 145,dollar at 345 and u still ask God to bless useless Nigeria.....Its no more God bless Nigeria,its God curse Nigeria...
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 6:46am On Jul 28, 2016
Vincent41:

hahahahah..yet u buy fuel 145,dollar at 345 and u still ask God to bless useless Nigeria.....Its no more God bless Nigeria,its God curse Nigeria...

Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by Ugosample(m): 7:01am On Jul 28, 2016
Akaujaa:
About 60-70% of the things we use in Nigeria are made in China. From electronics to foot wears, clothing materials, phones and its accessories, and even foods like rice, spaghetti etc. China I think barely imports anything. Now, the question is, how did they get to this stage? However they got to this stage, the obvious is that it must have taken the enactment of a very strong economic policy by their leaders(which at that must have affected the living conditions of its populace) to make China what it is today. Am been forced to think that that is the same thing this present government gave in mind. But unfortunately, our people do not have the spirit and patience.

Just a little correction tho.
China is one of the biggest importers on the planet.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by CACAWA(m): 7:51am On Jul 28, 2016
dotun365:
oga keep your revolution limited to your family house oh don't insite violence among some of the innocent minds around here. Who revolution don epp?? People just die for nothing. Violence is never always the answer. Look at Syria, Libya, Sudan, Chad and be guided in ur comments, thoughts and actions
there is a difference between revolution and uprising.
Calm down, I never meant violence.

Revolution is just a massive change in orientation and resolve to make a difference.
What we are trying to do is create a new orientation for the future youths of Nigeria (The 2027 youths) by massively catching them young (the 8 yr olds and above in primary schools upwards using several means -media and so on)

If we want a Nigeria where the voters, the masses and the leaders are not tuned to be naturally corrupt, it must start from a deliberate campaign. And when this is achieved. They will be more politically alert and encouraged to team up and vote themselves into power.
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by CXLVII: 8:53am On Jul 28, 2016
Vincent41:

#YourLife #YourOpinion #YourRight
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by Osama10(m): 10:44am On Jul 28, 2016
Suprnov3r:
Buhari the undertaker...

He has been trying to take the naira under since he came on board

grin
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by Akaujaa(m): 10:56am On Jul 28, 2016
Demainman1:

I said it before and I will say it again. You are a dullard just like presidiot buhari. Kill yourself.

"dullard" and "presidiot" are the only words you can use successfully because you borrowed it from others. I challenge you to give me the synonyms of the word dullard. Shouldn't be wasting my time with you, scallywag. Rant on!
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by Demainman1: 11:11am On Jul 28, 2016
Akaujaa:

"dullard" and "presidiot" are the only words you can use successfully because you borrowed it from others. I challenge you to give me the synonyms of the word dullard. Shouldn't be wasting my time with you, scallywag. Rant on!

You shouldn't be wasting time doing this back and forth. Spend more time educating yourself goat!
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by ivandragon: 11:19am On Jul 28, 2016
sometimes, the way out of a difficult situation is retracing your steps & going through the same 'fire' that created the difficulty in the first place. the galloping exchange rate is a factor of so many issues (social, political, economic, developmental etc), however, a key question the government needs to address is this, who are those that require 'massive' amounts of dollars enough to impact seriously on the exchange rate? its the petroleum product importers & agro-allied sector. my humble suggestion is this, CBN should provide forex for this group of people. take them out of the 'main market' & deal with them on a special/economic emergency case bases. this will reduce the burden on the forex in the main market, help stabilize petroleum products price in Nigeria, weed out the fake/speculators in those sectors. drastic times require unorthodox measures.
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by kid7soccer(m): 11:27am On Jul 28, 2016
Motherfucker2:
Wow.
Thank God.

I hope it keeps going down.

I will be very happy if $1 exchanges for 2,000 naira before December
ur a big fool, if u don't have sense pls look for it
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by kelvyn7: 11:59am On Jul 28, 2016
Houseofglam7:
Wake me up when 1#=1$

THAT MEANS YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A VERY LONG SLEEP! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by dadaijboy: 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ok
Re: Naira Hits All-time Low Of 334.50 Per Dollar At Interbank Market by teemy(m): 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
romanus455:
pls teach me how to post on front page pls
create a topic that is catchy and educative. you do not need to call out lalasticlala if you do right as the sectional mod would push it to frontpage if nice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tin Can Road: Union Orders Members To Shut Seaports / What Can I Do To Make Money? / What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.