Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? (14391 Views)

List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC / Full List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria, Frequency, Location And Address / 8 States With Highest Numbers Of Radio Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by INTERMAN: 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
The radio stations is now getting so much in Nigeria especially In South west. They are just too much that radio stations now Jam each other.As small as Osun state is, there are almost 6-7. of them. In Ibadan and Oyo state, they are just too much. In lagos, infact, I'm speechless. Not to talk of other states. I am finding this uncomfortable. Is this really neccesary in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by gen2briz(m): 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
Don't forget freedom of speech.

Meanwhile, the Government did not limit the number of radio stations a state can have. Team splash, fresh FM ibadan and Adaba FM akure.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by otokx(m): 10:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
More jobs created and fees for the government so its an advantage.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Flyingngel(m): 11:28pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nigerian are copy cat. If u start a business in ur neighbourhood today and it is a new one, people look at u with corner eye to see if it will fall; but if peradventure it progress rapidly and u build a house, buy a car, then u will wake up one day and realise that d whole street is now ur line of business. D advantage is that it create jobs and d disadvantage is that they will look for ways to outsmart each other thereby involving in unethical broadcasting.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Smartgos(m): 11:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
it depends, it's advantages are 1. it reduces cost to air a program since there would be competition 2
it creates a lot if avenue to redress issues affecting the country DISADVANTAGES quality programs would be lacking

9 Likes

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Nobody: 2:13am On Jul 28, 2016
All advantages. Only disadvantage which comes to mind is if found out in future radio waves contribute to cancer then majority of avoidable cancer cases would have already occurred.

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Sharon6(f): 8:09am On Jul 28, 2016
It has more advantages than disadvantages. Job creation, competitive advert rates etc etc.

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by onihaxy: 8:11am On Jul 28, 2016
hmmmm
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by neweraomo: 8:11am On Jul 28, 2016
Not this question again

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by tempem: 8:11am On Jul 28, 2016
Launcher is the best.
I worked in a company.
I want to eat yam.
I'm not sick!
Tempem's nick is tempem.

Happy reading.
Thats my own five minutes *****

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by samx4real(m): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2016
In short...

They will soon out number bloggers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by kkboy(m): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2016
They are Just hitting-up the Polity unnecessarily
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by eleko1: 8:13am On Jul 28, 2016
sad do dey employed ghost? una dey complain too much
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Sijo01(f): 8:13am On Jul 28, 2016
Competition is good....... ... There's one in my city that use better part of the day to run commercials until another one came and pushed them to the background with their youths friendly programme and good music. The former has woken up to their responsibilities now.

8 Likes

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by paschal47(m): 8:13am On Jul 28, 2016
seems OP hates listening to news

4 Likes

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by vykte(m): 8:14am On Jul 28, 2016
it allows for variety bruh... like me now i have switched from Beat FM to Soundcity FM...

4 Likes

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Proffdada: 8:14am On Jul 28, 2016
Advantageously a disadvantage undecided
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by canalily(m): 8:15am On Jul 28, 2016
I have my own radio statiôn here on bicyclesmiley its goodsad

2 Likes

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Toluwani111: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2016
FOR EDUCATION PURPOSE

Advantages of Radio are:
1.Radio is one of the media which covers huge population.
2.Radio can be enjoyed at home, in office, while driving car and can be enjoyed any where.
3.Radio channels varies from region to region, hence you can listen radio in your regional language.
4.Like other entertainment media, Radio is also favourite of large number of population.
5.You can advertise your product on radio and the rate of advertisement is usually lower than other medium of communication.
6.Important information or news can be easily spread on radio.
7.For local market radio is one of the powerful medium of communication.

Some of the Disadvantages of Radio are:
1.Only an audio medium for communication.
2.During bad weather you cannot listen radio properly. Often unclear and is affected by weather.
3.You need to adjust frequency properly.
4.Less and limited radio channels are available compared to other communication medium.
VISIT MY BLOG==> [url=dailyschoolgist..com]DailySchoolGist[/url] FOR LATEST: Nigeria Schools News, JAMB, UTME, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, GCE, and Direct Entry Updates

2 Likes

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by temptnow: 8:17am On Jul 28, 2016
In US where I stay they're close to 100,000 so what's the big deal?

7 Likes

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Pavore9: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2016
It is not even enough!

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by ndaman25: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2016
kwara we have 5 BT Ray-Power hz bein sent packing

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by vand99: 8:19am On Jul 28, 2016
a disadvantage
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by tdayof(m): 8:21am On Jul 28, 2016
INTERMAN:
The radio stations is now getting so much in Nigeria especially In South west. They are just too much that radio stations now Jam each other.As small as Osun state is, there are almost 6-7. of them. In Ibadan and Oyo state, they are just too much. In lagos, infact, I'm speechless. Not to talk of other states. I am finding this uncomfortable. Is this really neccesary in Nigeria?
Radio stations can't jam each other. They operate on different frequencies
Wavelets cannot interfere with each other. They move linearly.

3 Likes

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by femi4: 8:21am On Jul 28, 2016
vykte:
it allows for variety bruh... like me now i have switched from Beat FM to Soundcity FM...
lol..sound city finally joined the band wagon. There is one doing test transmission presently
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by flokii: 8:21am On Jul 28, 2016
Advantage.. can also be a disadvantage looking at it on a wider scale
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Rick9(m): 8:21am On Jul 28, 2016
It's nice oh.
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Emmyk(m): 8:23am On Jul 28, 2016
Competition, audience have varieties, creativity and more are the advantages.
Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by elmisti(m): 8:24am On Jul 28, 2016
information can't be too much

team Hot fm asaba, bond fm lasgidi, harmony fm ilorin, brilla fm onitsha, radio continental lasgidi........

cant even recall all d radio stations I jam sef........it's tru let dem reduce it

3 Likes

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by Emmyk(m): 8:24am On Jul 28, 2016
ndaman25:
kwara we have 5 BT Ray-Power hz bein sent packing
Raypower has been sent packing by who?
Kwara state has more than 5 Radio stations.
7 in total, Cruise FM included, tho it is an online radio.

2 Likes

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by INTERMAN: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2016
temptnow:
In US where I stay they are close to 100,000 so what's the big deal?
that exagg I guess. If so It means there wld be some radio statiins that no human is listen to. I.e they are just talking to themselves.

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Rate Of Radio Stations In Nigeria. Advantage Or Disadvantage? by paul990(m): 8:26am On Jul 28, 2016
It should be an advantage since it serves as a medium for information dissemination. This way, people get to find out about daily happenings around them wherever the location may be. Besides, jobs are being created through this medium; hence keeping idle minds from the streets.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kanye West Settles Beef With Drake, Both Performs Together / Asake & Olamide - Amapiano (Official Video) / Download Album: Nasty C Strings And Bling (album) Zip Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.