Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

The Blind Boy Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Blind Boy Story (439 Views)

The Blind Lover(A story of love and pain)-EPISODE 4 / Blind Date / Blind Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Blind Boy Story by Pepuscutie270(f): 11:32pm On Jul 27, 2016
There was a blind boy that usually sat on the steps of a building with an empty cup by his feet.He held up a sign which said: "I am blind, please help."There were only a few coins in the hat as passerby don't normally look his way that much.
After sometime, a man was walked by. He then took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the empty cup.He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words.He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words. Soon the cup began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy.

That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were.The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed my sign this morning?What did you write?"The man said, "I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way.
"What he had written was: "Today is a beautiful day and I cannot see it."

QUESTION:Do you think the first sign and the second sign were saying the same thing?
ANSWER:Of course both signs told people the boy was blind.But the first sign simply said the boy was blind.The second sign told people they were so blessed that they were not blind and can see beautiful things. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective?

Read on ========================
Be THANKFUL for what you have.Think differently and positively.Live life with no excuse and love with no regrets.When life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile.Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence.Prepare for the future without fear.Keep the faith and drop the fear.The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling…And even more beautiful knowing that you are the reason behind it!!!Catch yourself when you start complaining about what you don't have. Remember, where there is life, there's hope.
There's always light at the end of a tunnel

VISIT www.oliviangene.com for more
Re: The Blind Boy Story by letsbet(m): 11:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
That's quite an Interesting story. Different Ideas can be deduced from this story. Things like, how to present your services, communicate effectively, and how to appeal to peoples phycology when asking for favor.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: The Blind Boy Story by jomagibs: 1:38am On Jul 28, 2016
.. I will comment by dawn cux. I Neva brush teeth now

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Ever U Do, There's A Reward(episode 1) / The Prayer Of A Sinner (my Solitude) / A Message To Hillary Clinton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.