Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,461 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) (78424 Views)

UK Spouse Visa Application 2018 / UK Spouse Visa Refused Under 320 (11) For Obtaining University Degrees/appeal- / Need Help Or Advice About Uk Spouse Visa. From Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 8:00am On Jul 08, 2018
live4tk:
Thank you so much phardey for your responses. I really appreciate. Please i have 3 more questions on this issue;
Firstly, the FLM(M) application is in about a year now, is it still okay for them to rent a new apartment?

Secondly, do you have the link to include someone's name on the TV licence bill?

lastly, my own BRP was issued on 09/11/2017 and will expire on 06/08/2020.

Please when is the best time to submit my application for the FLM(M) ?

Thank you.

I dont think its wrong if they want to rent a new apartment my friend who is also on spouse visa they moved houses she arrived last year.
Just make sure they have joint names in bills eg council tax and enough proof for cohabitation

I read get appointments 3 or 4months before it expires.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by live4tk: 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2018
@joygirl2017

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by wallg123: 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2018
Good Evening guys & Ladies,
Longest time.... Over a year now I haven't visited this great forum b'cus of work and other stuffs. Its good to see that the forum is still alive.......
You guys are the reason why am not even worried about the next phase of my spouse visa renewal process....
Una Good evening once more and enjoy the HEAT WAVE in UK... grin

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 7:44am On Jul 30, 2018
wallg123:
Good Evening guys & Ladies,
Longest time.... Over a year now I haven't visited this great forum b'cus of work and other stuffs. Its good to see that the forum is still alive.......
You guys are the reason why am not even worried about the next phase of my spouse visa renewal process....
Una Good evening once more and enjoy the HEAT WAVE in UK... grin

Good evening ooo
You welcome back! How time quickly flies! Before you say jack Robinson its 2yrs already....
The heat good been praying and wishing it stays like this all through no winter lol. No one can tell how each winter will look like each year lol.
Hope you finding work enjoyable.?
To be honest the next phase isnt has stressful as when trying to get into the Uk. What a nightmare!
What part of the uk are you ?

Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by carphy: 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hi everyone,
Please is there a minimum account balance someone must have before renewing visa to get the FLR.
We actually meet the financial requirement but we have on going projects and our account balance is always low. Just wants to know
I will appreciate quick response because am renewing soon.
Thanks
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
carphy:
Hi everyone,
Please is there a minimum account balance someone must have before renewing visa to get the FLR.
We actually meet the financial requirement but we have on going projects and our account balance is always low. Just wants to know
I will appreciate quick response because am renewing soon.
Thanks

Hi, there is no minimum balance required, just show evidence of meeting the financial requirement: payslips, letter from Employer, bank statements and remember the financial documents should be dated within 28 days of your application. All the best.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by carphy: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
Thank you so much newbie for your prompt reply, I have been really worried because we have less than a thousand pounds at the moment.
Yes we meet the requirement and will include everything. I am also using your checklist of the documents you submitted, it’s really detailed.
Thank you so much. God bless you.
newbie715:

Hi, there is no minimum balance required, just show evidence of meeting the financial requirement: payslips, letter from Employer, bank statements and remember the financial documents should be dated within 28 days of your application. All the best.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by MrsDutse: 11:16pm On Sep 16, 2018
Good evening everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Please, I need advise/information from anyone who has a UK spouse visa and has travelled to US for holidays.

My husband has a spouse visa which we will be applying for the FLR early next year. We had applied for a Canadian visa for him last year and he was refused visa due to travel history, he had only been in the UK for 8 months.

We would like to visit the US this Christmas and would really appreciate if anyone with a UK Spouse visa and has had any experience of applying for a US visa and could share that with us.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
Hi,

I successfully applied for US visa after living here for 4 months. I am guessing you are a British citizen, he should go for the interview with your passport as that was the only thing they checked when I was interviewed and his BRP of course. That is not to say he should not have any other relevant documents with him. All the best.

MrsDutse:
Good evening everyone, hope you are all doing well.

Please, I need advise/information from anyone who has a UK spouse visa and has travelled to US for holidays.

My husband has a spouse visa which we will be applying for the FLR early next year. We had applied for a Canadian visa for him last year and he was refused visa due to travel history, he had only been in the UK for 8 months.

We would like to visit the US this Christmas and would really appreciate if anyone with a UK Spouse visa and has had any experience of applying for a US visa and could share that with us.

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2018
You are very welcome. Glad I could help. All the best.

carphy:
Thank you so much newbie for your prompt reply, I have been really worried because we have less than a thousand pounds at the moment.
Yes we meet the requirement and will include everything. I am also using your checklist of the documents you submitted, it’s really detailed.
Thank you so much. God bless you.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by wallg123: 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2018
joygirl2017:

Good evening ooo
You welcome back! How time quickly flies! Before you say jack Robinson its 2yrs already....
The heat good been praying and wishing it stays like this all through no winter lol. No one can tell how each winter will look like each year lol.
Hope you finding work enjoyable.?
To be honest the next phase isnt has stressful as when trying to get into the Uk. What a nightmare!
What part of the uk are you ?

Enjoy!

@joygirl2017
Thanks

I live in Grays Essex and work in London..... You know how busy this town is......
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lexusgs430: 11:19pm On Sep 18, 2018
wallg123:

@joygirl2017
Thanks

I live in Grays Essex and work in London..... You know how busy this town is......

You do your 9ja shopping from signet + suya & jollof rice from Laredo?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by MrsDutse: 11:33pm On Sep 18, 2018
Hi,

I successfully applied for US visa after living here for 4 months. I am guessing you are a British citizen, he should go for the interview with your passport as that was the only thing they checked when I was interviewed and his BRP of course. That is not to say he should not have any other relevant documents with him. All the best.

Thanks a lot for this...much appreciated!!!!!
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
newbie715:
Hi,

By this you mean to fill the online application for a tourist visa to the US, book the hotel, book the visa appointment, and take my brp, passport and my hubby’s passport (brit citizen).

And I’ll get a visa? (Been resident in the UK for more than 4 months).
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 9:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
Hi,

I presume you can appreciate that visa outcome is never guaranteed. I was merely responding to a question about the possibility of getting US visa as a holder of UK spouse visa.

Having said that, it's really just as simple as that, I didn't book a hotel though as I was visiting family. Your British spouse is your tie here so the chances of getting a US visit visa is very very high.

All the best

Aphrodite007:

By this you mean to fill the online application for a tourist visa to the US, book the hotel, book the visa appointment, and take my brp, passport and my hubby’s passport (brit citizen).

And I’ll get a visa? (Been resident in the UK for more than 4 months).

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by wallg123: 9:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
Lexusgs430:

You do your 9ja shopping from signet + suya & jollof rice from Laredo?

Hahahaha
Where is it located?.... My wife want kill me with yeye oyigbo food oh.... I go soon become goat wey dey chop grass.....
@lexusgs430 your boy is ever loyal grin
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lexusgs430: 12:02am On Sep 20, 2018
wallg123:

Hahahaha
Where is it located?.... My wife want kill me with yeye oyigbo food oh.... I go soon become goat wey dey chop grass.....
@lexusgs430 your boy is ever loyal grin

On Orsett road.

May your grass chopping days be over, when you come across signet & laredo....

I am loyal o, My Oga.........

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deept(m): 11:10am On Sep 20, 2018
Lexusgs430 et al,

i was chatting to a friend who just got her ILR and she said she was applying for the passport already. Is that possible? i thought you were supposed to wait for 1 year before you can apply for the passport. she said for spouses of british citizens it is.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2018
She is right, if the route to your ILR is spouse visa, then you do not have to wait for a year when you get your ILR to apply for nationality.

deept:
Lexusgs430 et al,

i was chatting to a friend who just got her ILR and she said she was applying for the passport already. Is that possible? i thought you were supposed to wait for 1 year before you can apply for the passport. she said for spouses of british citizens it is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by deept(m): 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
newbie715:
She is right, if the route to your ILR is spouse visa, then you do not have to wait for a year when you get your ILR to apply for nationality.

Oh really, that's good then. Need to get the pp so I can leave this country
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by carphy: 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am renewing my visa for the FLR in a month, it’s actualky expiring in November but I intend to renew my mum’s visiting visa.
Is it possible to renew her visa while mine is about to expire. The last time we did it it was I and my partner dt signed all d letters since he is British. Does it matter dt my visa is expiring cos am scared dy might deny her since am the child cos I am thinking of using d same set of documents that am using to renew mine to do hers at the same time.

Thank you in advance for your prompt replies��
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
In my opinion, renewing your visa should not affect your mum's visit visa because as long as you apply before your visa expires, you retain all the benefits of your visa also your British partner plays an important role in your mum's visa because the first time I applied for my mum's visit visa. I assumed Home Office will be looking at only my details, it turns out they didn't even contact me rather they called my hubby to confirm if he is expecting any visit from a family member.

carphy:
Hello everyone,
I am renewing my visa for the FLR in a month, it’s actualky expiring in November but I intend to renew my mum’s visiting visa.
Is it possible to renew her visa while mine is about to expire. The last time we did it it was I and my partner dt signed all d letters since he is British. Does it matter dt my visa is expiring cos am scared dy might deny her since am the child cos I am thinking of using d same set of documents that am using to renew mine to do hers at the same time.

Thank you in advance for your prompt replies��
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2018
newbie715:
Hi,

I presume you can appreciate that visa outcome is never guaranteed. I was merely responding to a question about the possibility of getting US visa as a holder of UK spouse visa.

Having said that, it's really just as simple as that, I didn't book a hotel though as I was visiting family. Your British spouse is your tie here so the chances of getting a US visit visa is very very high.

All the best

Oh yeah I know it’s not guaranteed, I just wanted to confirm the docs I’m meant to have so I don’t show up at the embassy with the wrong docs.

Many thanks
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by carphy: 9:11pm On Oct 12, 2018
Hello everyone, does anyone have the link to where I can print out the new application form for the forever leave to remain visa application as well as how to pay for the health surcharge.
Thanks
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by wallg123: 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2018
carphy:
Hello everyone, does anyone have the link to where I can print out the new application form for the forever leave to remain visa application as well as how to pay for the health surcharge.
Thanks
Hi Carphy, Here is the link to the application form .....Goodluck wth your application and keep us posted on the development thanks...
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/719939/FLR_FP_-07-18.pdf
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by carphy: 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2018
Thank you, I will share my timeline soon.

wallg123:

Hi Carphy, Here is the link to the application form .....Goodluck wth your application and keep us posted on the development thanks...
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/719939/FLR_FP_-07-18.pdf
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by carphy: 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2018
I opened it now and it’s for those on 10 years route.
wallg123:

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by wallg123: 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2018
carphy:

My Sister That form contains all the routes both 5 and 10 years route.... fill out the one that patterns to you....
Here are some excerpt copied from their website:

''This form is for:

family life as a partner (10 year route)
family life as a parent (5 year and 10 year routes)
dependent child of a person who has, or is at the same time applying for, limited leave to enter or remain in the UK other than under the points based system or UK Ancestry (10 year route)
private life in the UK (10 year route)
leave outside the rules on the basis of family or private life
You should read the FLR(FP) guidance notes before you apply.''
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
carphy:

You should be filling out form FLR(M). That's the form you need. Do a search on Google and download the right form.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by carphy: 9:05am On Oct 18, 2018
Thank you newbie, I thought as much. Will do as you said. Thank you!
newbie715:

You should be filling out form FLR(M). That's the form you need. Do a search on Google and download the right form.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by carphy: 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply)

Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos / Entry To Delta State Blocked. No Movement ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.