Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) (78429 Views)

UK Spouse Visa Application 2018 / UK Spouse Visa Refused Under 320 (11) For Obtaining University Degrees/appeal- / Need Help Or Advice About Uk Spouse Visa. From Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by blza: 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2018
As per my question on when to submit application.

Premium - can apply 30 months from the exact date of arrival up to 28 days of visa expiry.

Postal- can apply 28 days before the 30 months up to 28 days of visa expiry.

For premium appointment, appointment can be made 45 in advance
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by simbaray: 6:40am On Mar 27, 2018
Hi all, I have searched everywhere on nairaland for this but could'nt find anything useful. I am about to apply for tier2 UK visa and tier 2 dependent visa for my wife and child. I however have another child born out of wedlock who is now 6years old and I intend to bring him to the UK too.

People tell me it is not likely to be approved because his case is more complicated. His name appears on my marriage certificate (single with a child) and my name is also on his birth certificate. His mother is willing to provide every necessary document and is in full support of this.

Could you please advice me on what to do, documents to provide and how I can proceed with this? Thank you.

cc: justwise
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 10:21am On Mar 27, 2018
Thanks a lot for the detailed post of your submitted document list and procedure. All the best with your application.

phardey:
Oh I forgot.
I made copies of everything too.

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Benuromi: 1:50pm On Mar 27, 2018
My friend wife did apply for her spouse visa extension with her old ( the one she used on her first application)
PTE English certificate and was successful.
I am apply for my wife spouse visa extension on 29th. I only paid for the NHS surcharge and no premium appointment in Birmingham for the next 45 days. My wife visa expire on 23/04/2018. Croydon only have appointment from 24th��. I live in London and the closer place with appointment is Sheffield. I will have to drive about 3 hours plus. So will get a hotel with my wife and 2 kids, I will go there a day before the appointment so that we can rest ( but not book yet, still debating) I can't bear this long waiting postal application. I will use my wife old PTE English exam she wrote in Nigeria before she apply for the first spouse visa.
It crazy but we will get there.

[ author=joygirl2017 post=65138368]
Ok find out and lets know the outcome [/quote]
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 11:07am On Mar 28, 2018
s
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 11:11am On Mar 28, 2018
Trust me. It was so annoying for me.
My visa was to expire on the 26th February. There were no dates at all in London/Birmingham/cardif until 7th March, I kept checking hoping someone will cancel their appointment. You can keep checking

I think the premium service is totally worth it.
You should do it.
Please remember, the last payslip, bank statement must be within 28days and letter confirmation must be within 28days too.
Good luck

Benuromi:
My friend wife did apply for her spouse visa extension with her old ( the one she used on her first application)
PTE English certificate and was successful.
I am apply for my wife spouse visa extension on 29th. I only paid for the NHS surcharge and no premium appointment in Birmingham for the next 45 days. My wife visa expire on 23/04/2018. Croydon only have appointment from 24th��. I live in London and the closer place with appointment is Sheffield. I will have to drive about 3 hours plus. So will get a hotel with my wife and 2 kids, I will go there a day before the appointment so that we can rest ( but not book yet, still debating) I can't bear this long waiting postal application. I will use my wife old PTE English exam she wrote in Nigeria before she apply for the first spouse visa.
It crazy but we will get there.

[ author=joygirl2017 post=65138368]
Ok find out and lets know the outcome
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 11:20am On Mar 28, 2018
I thought to update everyone
My BRP came today smiley grin

Here's my timeline
Application Type : FLR(M) - 2nd extension
Application Posted on: 10 Feb 18
Postal or In Person Application: Postal
Documents received by HO: 12 Feb 18
Documents signed for: 12 Feb 18
Payment taken: 13 Feb 18
Application deferred for further checks (in person app): N/A
Acknowledgement Received on: Received 15 Feb 18 dated 13 Feb 18
Biometric Letter Received: Received 20 Feb 18 dated 16 Feb 18
Biometrics Enrolled on: 21 Feb 18
Decision of Application: Approved
Date of Decision: 26th March - This is the date on my BRP
Documents Received on: Pending - I included a Special Delivery SAE. I've been tracking the number since last week but nothing yet.
BRP Card Received: 28th March

Time to seat for Life in UK Test grin
Good Luck to Everyone

4 Likes

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 1:55pm On Mar 28, 2018
Congratulations Phardey grin

Very happy for you.

phardey:

Here's my timeline
Documents Received on: Pending - I included a Special Delivery SAE. I've been tracking the number since last week but nothing yet.

Good Luck to Everyone

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 10:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
phardey:

Here's my timeline

Good Luck to Everyone

Congratulations!!!! Thank God everything went well! Enjoy
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 8:08am On Mar 29, 2018
phardey:

Here's my timeline

Good Luck to Everyone

Seems like you the first person posting on congratulations again!
Just for clarification purpose can you share more light on council tax bill did you print every bill for each month the whole 2and half years becos that's alot can you share more light on that thanks.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2018
Thank you, we get our council tax bill every year. So I used the one that came in May 2016 and May 2017.

You don't need to include every months bill. Your can just include 2 council tax bills.

Remember the documents has to be from at least 3 sources. I used over 8 sources. Infact I didn't know how to calculate and achieve 12 letters single or 6 letters combined.

I sent over 24 documents as proof of cohabitation.

joygirl2017:

Seems like you the first person posting on congratulations again!
Just for clarification purpose can you share more light on council tax bill did you print every bill for each month the whole 2and half years becos that's alot can you share more light on that thanks.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 9:20pm On Mar 29, 2018
Hi phardey,

Funnily enough, there are no dates available in Croydon for me as well even though my visa expires 30-04. The earliest I am seeing is May 1st in Liverpool so it looks like I'd go the postal route.

Some questions please:

- when you submit, is the acknowledgement good enough for work, i.e to submit to HR pending outcome?

-must I submit hubby's passport or will the data page work as he will need to travel soon.

-i am curious to hear your thoughts on this, I never submitted English language test initially, I used my Nigerian University MBA Cert backed with a letter from the registrar stating course was taught in English. Do you reckon I can still use same letter, it's more than 2 years old now but it's still certifying same thing I imagine

phardey:
Its best you apply in person.
Also start looking for appointment 45 days before you want to apply. I Couldn't find any dates available in Croydon and Solihull and time was running out. I had to send it via post.

Below are the documents.
FLR (m) Paper Application form
Print out of IHS payment.
Applicant passport
Applicant 2x Passport pictures
Sponsors Passport
Sponsor 1x Passport picture
BSC Degree from London South Uni

Marriage certificate
Two Children's birth certificates
Two Children's full passport
Letter from our GP and school confirming I attend GP appointments with the kids

Proof of Co-habitation
Gas Statement
Electricity bills
HRMC Letter
Bank Statement
Council Tax Bills
NHS Letters
Talk Talk Bill
Bank Letters

Proof of Income
We used my income only. I earn above the required funds
6 months bank statements (last one within 28 days)
6 months wage slips (last one within 28 days)
Letter Employment
Letter from Employer (within 28 days) confirming I still work there, my salary, My NI, Address and etc

Accommodation
Tenancy Agreement in hubby's name
Letter from Housing association addressed to hubby
Recent Council tax bill in both names

My hubby's and kids passports were returned within a week.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2018
Post it asap. Don't wait till time runs out.
I ended sending mine 14 days before my visa expired.

Yes you must send your hubbys passport. It will be returned within a week.
You can send coloured copies of every page of passport and explain why you can't send the passport in a cover letter but I don't think it's worth it.

Yes, the acknowledgement letter is enough.
Some companies might say they want to check with HO. Mine did but they didn't get any response from them.

I don't know about using that same letter. Can you try to get another letter from the university and courier it down here.

You don't want to give them any reason or whatsoever

Good luck
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2018
Hi guys, great job you’re doing here. Just got my spouse visa a week ago, but I’ve been here before for my studies so a lot of my paper work are already in place (NI no, bank statement (proof of add), etc).

Anyway, I would like to know if I must change my surname as all my docs (gp, bank account, NI, certificates, passport and BRP) are in my maiden name. So must I change my name to my husband’s? I already have done a newspaper publication and sworn and affidavit in Nigeria but for some reason I would like to leave my name as is, would this affect the next stage of my application?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lexusgs430: 9:42pm On Mar 31, 2018
Aphrodite007:
Hi guys, great job you’re doing here. Just got my spouse visa a week ago, but I’ve been here before for my studies so a lot of my paper work are already in place (NI no, bank statement (proof of add), etc).

Anyway, I would like to know if I must change my surname as all my docs (gp, bank account, NI, certificates, passport and BRP) are in my maiden name. So must I change my name to my husband’s? I already have done a newspaper publication and sworn and affidavit in Nigeria but for some reason I would like to leave my name as is, would this affect the next stage of my application?

Name change is not relevant (so long as no contradictions).........
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 3:33pm On Apr 01, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Name change is not relevant (so long as no contradictions).........

Aren’t you just the best? kiss
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lexusgs430: 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Oya, where my powered pap?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Oya, where my powered pap?

Baba manage the virtual peck naa grin
Aphrodite007:

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lexusgs430: 10:39pm On Apr 01, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Baba manage the virtual peck naa grin

Your next question, shall be virtually answered too......... kiss
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Aphrodite007(f): 1:05am On Apr 02, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Your next question, shall be virtually answered too......... kiss

shocked grin grin
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Lexusgs430: 1:05am On Apr 02, 2018
Aphrodite007:

shocked grin grin

Ok o......
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 8:50am On Apr 02, 2018
phardey:
Thank you, we get our council tax bill every year. So I used the one that came in May 2016 and May 2017.

You don't need to include every months bill. Your can just include 2 council tax bills.

Remember the documents has to be from at least 3 sources. I used over 8 sources. Infact I didn't know how to calculate and achieve 12 letters single or 6 letters combined.

I sent over 24 documents as proof of cohabitation.

Thanks soo much! The 12 letters single is from you and your spouse single names, different sources combined?
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by joygirl2017(f): 8:52am On Apr 02, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Hi ya welcome!

1 Like

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2018
12 letters if there's no correspondence in both names.
6 letters if both names are on the correspondence.
But you can mix them if both names are on the correspondence

[Quote author=joygirl2017 post=66359505]

Thanks soo much! The 12 letters single is from you and your spouse single names, different sources combined? [/quote]
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Benuromi: 8:07am On Apr 04, 2018
I am a bit confused on the employer letter as my HR is getting me upset. On your employer letter, does it state the amount you earn which is before and after tax including overtime or just the basic salary without overtime. Because when I applied for my wife spouse visa 2015, I used the amount on p60 which included overtime.
Can someone help me out please.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2018
Oh mine just basically included my annual salary. I've never done over time.
You can tell them to state how much your basic salary and add all your time together till date from the last financial year.

Benuromi:
I am a bit confused on the employer letter as my HR is getting me upset. On your employer letter, does it state the amount you earn which is before and after tax including overtime or just the basic salary without overtime. Because when I applied for my wife spouse visa 2015, I used the amount on p60 which included overtime.
Can someone help me out please.
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Benuromi: 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
Thank you so much. I couldn't get any appointment in London and Birmingham. I can't bear to drive 3 hrs to Sheffield with my young kids. I finally sent it today as we don't have any holiday book yet

phardey:
Oh mine just basically included my annual salary. I've never done over time.
You can tell them to state how much your basic salary and add all your time together till date from the last financial year.

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 9:22am On Apr 06, 2018
Best of Luck!!!
You should get it just under before 7-week line.

Benuromi:
Thank you so much. I couldn't get any appointment in London and Birmingham. I can't bear to drive 3 hrs to Sheffield with my young kids. I finally sent it today as we don't have any holiday book yet

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by Benuromi: 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2018
I hope so. I gave them more than they asked for. I really appreciate all your effort.

phardey:
Best of Luck!!!
You should get it just under before 7-week line.

Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by newbie715: 10:24pm On Apr 08, 2018
Hi phardey,

Thanks for your comments. I finally decided to use NARIC so I applied a week ago, just waiting for them to send the letter.

I have a question though, I didn't plan to include details of my employment since my hubby's employment alone meets the financial requirement but somewhere on the form, it asks 'you and your sponsors total combined income from salaried employment'
If I state our combined income, will I be required to include all my employment details? Payslips, employment letter and all the rest? Or should I state only his as that's what we are using for the application.

phardey:
Post it asap. Don't wait till time runs out.
I ended sending mine 14 days before my visa expired.

Yes you must send your hubbys passport. It will be returned within a week.
You can send coloured copies of every page of passport and explain why you can't send the passport in a cover letter but I don't think it's worth it.

Yes, the acknowledgement letter is enough.
Some companies might say they want to check with HO. Mine did but they didn't get any response from them.

I don't know about using that same letter. Can you try to get another letter from the university and courier it down here.

You don't want to give them any reason or whatsoever

Good luck
Re: Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) by phardey: 11:15pm On Apr 08, 2018
Hi Newbie,

Your own income should be N/A if you don't want to use your income.

Also combined income (sponsors and yours) will be just your hubbys income if you are using just hubby's.

Yes if you intend using both incomes, you will be required to provide both of your 6 months payslips, bank statements, employment confirmation letters, and offer of employment.

If you or your hubby meets the requirements, you can use either one. I used just mine.

newbie715:
Hi phardey,

Thanks for your comments. I finally decided to use NARIC so I applied a week ago, just waiting for them to send the letter.

I have a question though, I didn't plan to include details of my employment since my hubby's employment alone meets the financial requirement but somewhere on the form, it asks 'you and your sponsors total combined income from salaried employment'
If I state our combined income, will I be required to include all my employment details? Payslips, employment letter and all the rest? Or should I state only his as that's what we are using for the application.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Swiss Village Offers ₦25m To People Willing To Move In & Settle, Will You?(Photo / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos / Entry To Delta State Blocked. No Movement ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.