Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

#SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. (27706 Views)

Mayowa Ahmed Of #SaveMayowa Is Dead / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by opeaceo: 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
Jacko1:

Na scam jor..... If we reach those doctors ul see that they told her she is beyond saving

They cashing out.... She deir cash cow

But the gal no try..... U dying instead of you to meet your maker jejely

Now last thing u do b4 dying is deceit.... Lies.... Greed....

How you go restotute to all the ppl you scam.... Becaise of family pressure

So you'll believe the doctors that treated her for ulcer and allowed her condition to deteriorate?

No wonder our politicians treat us this way!
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by ipledge10(m): 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
saints2:

Edited... I think the story is true..
you think?
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
DaBullIT:
Reminds me of the story of Yinka Ayefele

Pls, how does it relate to Yinka Ayefele's story?
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by ipledge10(m): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ursino:
Fellow Nigerians. It is not a scam!!! Don't mind Linda and Toyin. God will pay them in their own coin! Mayowa is truly sick and desperately needs urgent medical attention. The money has been raised for her treatment abroad, and she will fly soonest. The family is in disarray following Linda's unconfirmed utterances this afternoon. His elder brother is here with me! Forget whatever they are saying; and don't stop helping the needy. God bless us all!
And who said she is beyond treatment? Are they God?
wetin Toyin do?
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by fxskye: 7:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
zicoraads:

I think your judgment is already prejudiced to paint Linda as a bad person. It doesn't matter if the lady is breathing her last breath, if it's a fraud, its a fraud.

First, what was the intended use for the money? If the family came out to ask for funds, with the pre knowledge that the Doctors had already said there is nothing that can be done medically, then it's fraud.

Except they explicitly stated that the doctors had already given up and the money was to seek for alternatives or sustenance, which I doubt, this is a fraud!

Please answer the following questions:

1. What's status of Mayowa now?
2. What's her status being now?
3. Has her family taken her to hospital offshore of Nigeria and she was rejected?
4. Is this the first time of her sickness and her family couldn't support her hospital bills?

There's no arm in trying.

Since you have described this as scam, how would you describe budget padding by our NASS?

2 Likes

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by Henycymama(f): 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
Dear Lord!!! What exactly is wrong with Linda Ikeji? I take her side most times but she's totally wrong this time!!! Is Mayowa Ahmed sick? - Yes!!! Is she down with ovarian cancer? - Of course, she is!!! So, what exactly is wrong with Linda labelling this a scam? The doctors never recommended her for treatment abroad? - So!!! She doesn't need help? She's beyond saving - Are you kidding me? Hey, Linda, if she were your mother (heaven forbids), would you have given up on her? Would you have never tried soliciting funds to save her despite what the doctors say? Would you have left your mum to die of ovarian cancer? *Oh well, I guess you'll never know, you're too busy holed up in an apartment blogging away your conscience for cash*

n over to you op, u just go Copy n paste abi, Weldone!

7 Likes

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
vidadida:
This thread is misleading... Linda never said the Mayowa story was a scam, she only reported that ANOTHER Mayowa page was created to raise money after the real Mayowa's funds had been raised. Please, follow a story through before you report.

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by dadaijboy: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by dominique(f): 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2016
zicoraads:

I think your judgment is already prejudiced to paint Linda as a bad person. It doesn't matter if the lady is breathing her last breath, if it's a fraud, its a fraud.

First, what was the intended use for the money? If the family came out to ask for funds, with the pre knowledge that the Doctors had already said there is nothing that can be done medically, then it's fraud.

Except they explicitly stated that the doctors had already given up and the money was to seek for alternatives or sustenance, which I doubt, this is a fraud!

Are we now taking Nigerian doctors opinion as the final say? Doctors that have been known to misdiagnose ailments and mis-prescribe medications. When I was very young, my dad was ill, after spending so much in hospitals, the doctors told him he had less than six months to live and he should make best use of the little time he had left. He decided to treat the illness the unorthodox way and guess what? 23 years later, he's still alive and kicking. If my parents had listened to the doctors and took my dad home to go and die, I wouldn't have known what it feels like to have a father. But they fought and they won. This is a lady battling for her life, you expect her loved ones to fold their hands and watch her die just like that? Yes, cancer is a very tough ailment to treat but people have been known to fight it. As long as there is life, there is still hope. Imagine that hope getting dashed by someone. You probably can't imagine since it's not your loved one fighting for survival

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by diegwu01: 8:07pm On Jul 28, 2016
zicoraads:

C'mon bro, you dont call it a scam or fraud because Linda ikeji said so, The family isnt poor or struggling to eat, Maybe you should stop reading LIB's story on this issue and read an unbiased report by Bella Naija on ths issue, where it chronicled the efforts of the Parents and siblings over the years and monies spent in treating Mayowa.
The mayowa lady in question made a plea video, she's fighting to live, and Nigerians supported her on that..
the same Naija doctors couldn't diagnose her condition until it got to this bad stage..you expect the family to also rely on the same doctors "nothing can be done, its a hopeless situation" advise, without making alternative efforts elsewhere?

2 Likes

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by bebe2(f): 8:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
modelmike7:
Too many contradictory news everywhere these days, i wont be suprised to see the family denying this before the end of the day. . . (just like Mikel donate to Olympic Team....... Mikel denies donating to Olympic Team!...... One has to listen to the both sides before rushing to comment these days........ [/b]And for all of you saying she is beyond treatment, are you God?[b] May God forgive you all, especially my friend Linda! If Mayowa happens to be your family member atleast you will keep trying as long as she is still breathing I rise!!

Pls wake up, terminal illness kill everyday. Doctors gave one of our mummies 2 weeks to live, 10 days later she died. Are those doctors God?
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by pamcode(m): 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2016
It hard to believe anything in this country this days. May God help us.
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by walexy14(m): 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
jamesibor:

Trying to save someone at the end stage of cancer?

You can only provide the person with palliative care paying more attention to pain control and comfort so he or she dies with dignity.

They apparently knew there was no remedy as they must have been told so by doctors. There was no need to raise that money.
Congratulations on you becoming God
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by mkoabiola: 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
Nawa oooooo

I wonder hw Ds mayorwa gal will be feeling Right now

1 Like

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by jamesibor: 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
walexy14:

Congratulations on you becoming God

This up here is why Nigeria gas remained backward.

I work with cancer patients daily......

1 Like

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by happney65: 8:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
Which one we wan believe now sef..I am even surprised when APC is in Power people die of Lies.. omolola15 come and see wetin una don cause for obodo we country.. grin
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by diva90: 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
To think that I was so close to donating... This is quite sad if this is true. They are spoiling opportunities for other people who truly and genuinely need help.
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by Kposkila: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
jamesibor:

Trying to save someone at the end stage of cancer?

You can only provide the person with palliative care paying more attention to pain control and comfort so he or she dies with dignity.

They apparently knew there was no remedy as they must have been told so by doctors.
There was no need to raise that money.
Wat if dey don't ve money for those measures u mentioned, the main thing is dat she was sick n needed help, weada it's wud ensure full survival or or some comfort before death is not an issue, how many of us gave sef and how much did we give?
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by opeaceo: 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
jamesibor:

This up here is why Nigeria gas remained backward.

I work with cancer patients daily......

Mr "I work with cancer patients daily", If she was your relative, I'm sure you'll use whatever resource you have to see if she can still get cured or at least, postpone her day of death.

There are people that have fought this battle at this stage and they won, the family is hoping against all hopes and trying to use any opportunity that comes knocking, there's no harm in trying, no harm in being too optimistic.

BTW, nobody on this forum cares whether you work with cancer patients in your sleep or in your dreams, no one even asked.

1 Like

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by opeaceo: 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
Kposkila:

Wat if dey don't ve money for those measures u mentioned, the main thing is dat she was sick n needed help, weada it's wud ensure full survival or or some comfort before death is not an issue, how many of us gave sef and how much did we give?

You dey mind am??
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
bebe2:

Pls wake up, terminal illness kill everyday. Doctors gave one of our mummies 2 weeks to live, 10 days later she died. Are those doctors God?
..... And I know a king who was given 7 days to live, but still ended up living for 7 years... Whatever you believe in sis. That's why we all differ. Stay blessed.
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
Hmm,even if Dr said ones loved one will die in d next minute,we will still fight for their lives.We have series if examples but in these pples cases,they didn't seek help from Nigerians, they funded everything with their personal money thus were not termed 'fraudsters'
Late Musa Yar'adua,despite having a terminal illness,his family fought for his life till d end.Late Prof, Dora Akunyili,this beautiful woman's family had to go to India when drs in d united States were writing her off.With prayers,she lived longer than d few months united states drs predicted. IBB fought for his wife's life.WHY SHOULD MAYOWA'S CASE BE DIFFERENT? Continue fighting for your life,girl,God will in His infinite mercy restore your health.
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by jamesibor: 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
opeaceo:

Mr "I work with cancer patients daily", If she was your relative, I'm sure you'll use whatever resource you have to see if she can still get cured or at least, postpone her day of death.

There are people that have fought this battle at this stage and they won, the family is hoping against all hopes and trying to use any opportunity that comes knocking, there's no harm in trying, no harm in being too optimistic.

BTW, nobody on this forum cares whether you work with cancer patients in your sleep or in your dreams, no one even asked.

The problem with Nigerians is that they refuse to accept the truth thereby living in denial. That is how family members refused my advise and still took someone whose heart had failed completely and medical professionals said he didn't have long to live to India to waste money which would have been used to train the children. They went to India, spent tens of thousands of dollars, came back and he still died. Now, the kids are dropping out of school and the family begs and borrows to feed.

3 Likes

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by jamesibor: 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
opeaceo:

There are people that have fought this battle at this stage and they won,

Can you mention just one person who has fought the battle at this stage and won.

You obviously know nothing about cancer and instead of keeping the ignorance to yourself, you chose to come on here to infect others with your crass ignorance of the subject matter.

1 Like

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by codemaniacs: 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2016
jamesibor:

The problem with Nigerians is that they refuse to accept the truth thereby living in denial. That is how family members refused my advise and still took someone whose heart had failed completely and medical professionals said he didn't have long to live to India to waste money which would have been used to train the children. They went to India, spent tens of thousands of dollars, came back and he still died. Now, the kids are dropping out of school and the family begs and borrows to feed.

having hope is not living in denial.... at least the family tried to save the person.. the family that came back can do menial jobs and send their children to cheaper schools..

2 Likes

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
jamesibor:

Can you mention just one person who has fought the battle at this stage and won.

You obviously know nothing about cancer and instead of keeping the ignorance to yourself, you chose to come on here to infect others with your crass ignorance of the subject matter.
Armstrong fought stage 3 cancer and won.
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by opeaceo: 9:00pm On Jul 28, 2016
jamesibor:

If I mention a name, would you know the person?? Wouldn't you ask for more proofs?? Please ask around, seek knowledge, if your pride would allow you, ask the internet.

It's your type that keep misdiagnosing a patient, turn around and chant no hope and go about bragging "I am a dokta".

3 Likes

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2016
Between, anyone that donated to the family and felt he/she has been scammed can ask for a refund.Mtschew.That Toyin of a girl should just have asked for a refund.Didn't d public donated for Oj abi what's his name the music director that passed few wks back.Should d man had kept quiet and not seek help despite knowing transplant patients don't live long?Am really disappointed in d attitudes of some Nigerians.This particular one is disgusting

2 Likes

Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by jamesibor: 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
opeaceo:

If I mention a name, would you know the person?? Wouldn't you ask for more proofs?? Please ask around, seek knowledge, if your pride would allow you, ask the internet.

It's your type that keep misdiagnosing a patient, turn around and chant no hope and go about bragging "I am a dokta".

I'm not a doctor please, so I have no business with diagnosis.

Have a nice day.
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by jamesibor: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
zeezzy:
Armstrong fought stage 3 cancer and won.

This is stage 4 liver metastases in a patient who is inoperable according to medical reports.
Re: #SaveMayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Was Beyond Treatment. by Anthonio15: 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
Se watin buhari cause

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Things To Do Daily To Keep Your Heart Healthy / 329 New COVID-19 Cases, 1689 Discharged And 7 Deaths On August 14 -(3148 Tested) / New Born Baby Wrapped In A Carton & Dumped In The Rain In Portharcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.