Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? (1115 Views)

A Quick One Please With Respect To Rear Tire Negative Camber Alignment / Implication Of Wrong Tyre Pressure / Front Left Camber 2005 Corolla Sports Changed 3 Times In 2 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? by lakefist(m): 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2016
I always see cars with rear Tyres bend outwards and owners don't seem to care. Is there any implication or benefit to it?

Also is this fixable too?
Re: Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? by jojofelini: 4:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
It has more to do with balance, especially when going round sharp curve on high speed the risk of a roll a reduced to a limited extent. Though if not professionally done you end up with uneven tyre wear.

I normally see this mainly on lexus RX330, some of them have various degree of camber setting on their back tyres. Don't know if this is factory specification of after market.

Personally if your not into high speed racing or driving, I don't recommend it.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? by lakefist(m): 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2016
Thanks bro God bless. Can it be fixed?
jojofelini:
It has more to do with balance, especially when going round sharp curve on high speed the risk of a roll a reduced to a limited extent. Though if not professionally done you end up with uneven tyre wear.
I normally see this mainly on lexus RX330, some of them have various degree of camber setting on their back tyres. Don't know if this is factory specification of after market.
Personally if your not into high speed racing or driving, I don't recommend it.
Re: Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? by diportivo: 9:59pm On Jul 28, 2016
lakefist:
Thanks bro God bless. Can it be fixed?

Ofcos
Re: Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? by lakefist(m): 11:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
diportivo:

Ofcos

Thanks
Re: Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? by chukel(m): 8:56am On Jul 30, 2016
diportivo:

Ofcos
how sir
Re: Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:35am On Jul 30, 2016
diportivo:

Ofcos

How sir tongue
Re: Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? by diportivo: 9:50am On Jul 30, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

How sir tongue

My oga grin

The same way u av fixed the Honda pilot,and that MDX na wink

Chukel,gazzuzz sabi the way

Bushings....bad shock absorbers etc

K-leg can only be much more obvious if the car has "gone down low"

1 Like

Re: Who Can Explain The Implication Of Negative Camber? by lakefist(m): 9:30am On Aug 01, 2016
diportivo:

My oga grin

The same way u av fixed the Honda pilot,and that MDX na wink

Chukel,gazzuzz sabi the way

Bushings....bad shock absorbers etc

K-leg can only be much more obvious if the car has "gone down low"

I concur, and i read something like this online.

(1) (Reply)

Driving Made Easy / Amazon Patents Drones That Can Land On Electric Cars And Charge Them On The Move / Lala's Baby Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.