Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant (29870 Views)

Governor Obiano Visits President Buhari In Abuja After Election Victory (Photos) / Governor Obiano Visits Erosion Repair Site In Obosi (Photos) / Obiano Visits The Obi Of Onitsha In A Grand Style - Check Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by axishale(m): 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
gypsey:
wellcome to the zoo called nigeria grin grin
Nigeria ain't a zoo,cause if u call nigeria a zoo then u are an animal grin embarassed
Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by chyket(m): 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2016
Propropro:
This man likes camera too much. What's the big deal in visiting a sabmiller that is not even known beyond igbo land while we have Nigerian breweries and Guinness in the southwest undecided
Anambra state is a major shareholder in this brewery,so this visit is in order.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by Emyogalanya: 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
As much as am proud of his good works, pls may i ask what's with the babariga he is wearing. What happened to igbo native wears. Before u quote me to say trash arm urself with pictures of northern governors wearing igbo attires on state functions. I no talk presidential campaign o.k. Show me and I'll tender my apology

1 Like

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by aresa: 9:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
Milllz:

And you are comparing all these to the state their factory is located. You just don't understand what industrialization means.

What is industrialization?

1 brewery making the same common beer that tons of many many more breweries make in other states?

What about the other states like even Osun with more breweries than the entire SE, are they industrialized too?

There is nothing you people don't exaggerate and beat chest with..

And please don't even mention oil. Have you been to any producing state? You'll understand that the only thing those offices do is collect letters.

My point is, Lagos state still get a cut of nearly every money generating entity in Nigeria while your states doesn't get any cut of any money generating entity outside your village.

1. This beer making joint in Anambra is a $100 million investment making 1 single product

2. The new Procter & Gamble plant in Ogun state that makes tons of consumer products, I single investment cost $300 million.

You people just love to bore us with little and irrelevant nonsense...
Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by Stanleywaxy(m): 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Igbos bore me....
You rotten SW's suck undecided

1 Like

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by Milllz: 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2016
aresa:

My point is, Lagos state still get a cut of nearly every money generating entity in Nigeria while your states doesn't get any cut of any money generating entity outside your village.

1. This beer making joint in Anambra is a $100 million investment making 1 single product

2. The new Procter & Gamble plant in Ogun state that makes tons of consumer products, I single investment cost $300 million.

You people just love to bore us with little and irrelevant nonsense...
Let's just leave it at that bro, issues like this cannot be debated enough. We have to just appreciate states like this that do so much even with the little they're given and hope other states that are underperforming learn from them not states like Niger that are waiting for FG to come and detect oil for them and others that can pay salaries. It's one country, the hate we're brewing looks like racism between blacks. I'm saying this because I understand you have a problem because it has to do with the east. We are all brothers, dysfunctional or not, we have to survive together.
Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by investnow2013: 10:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
Gov Obiano Visits Interfact Breweries, Promises Increased Support
28 JULY 2016

WRITTEN BY KENECHUKWU OFOMAH
Governor Willie Obiano says his administration will continue to create the enabling environment and framework that will support investors in the state to get maximum dividends for their investments.
The governor was speaking yesterday when he paid a working visit to Interfact Breweries, Onitsha.
The visit during which the Governor was conducted round the facility, also featured a brief meeting between officials of the government and the management of the Company to review the progress made so far.

It will be recalled that Anambra State government is a stakeholder in the company, owning 10percent of its total shares, out of which the present administration invested 30percent of the shares.
Governor Obiano who spoke immediately after the meeting, revealed that their discussion also centered on Delfarm-Songhai's interest in supplying the Sorghum that the company uses for brewing which before now was brought in from South Africa.

According to him, the discussions were positive and by by the first quarter of next year, the deal would have been actualised.
Governor Obiano who revealed that the company had significantly increased their production by 50percent in the past one year, attributed the development to the security his government has restored which has in turn returned nightlife in the state.
The General Manager of the company, Mr Lucas Vandavetta, thanked the state government for its support that has greatly raised their business profile and promised that they are poised to create an investment for the future and to sustain its corporate social responsibility efforts.
With a production capacity of 2.7 million hecto-litres per annum achieved through the overwhelming support of the state government, it is expected that the company will give impetus to the state government's drive towards improved IGR and employment generation.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by investnow2013: 11:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
Pics

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by Clerverley2(m): 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
Almost all Igbo governors now dress in northern attire. SMH
Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by Ikechukwu48: 12:07am On Jul 29, 2016
Propropro:
This man likes camera too much. What's the big deal in visiting a sabmiller that is not even known beyond igbo land while we have Nigerian breweries and Guinness in the southwest undecided

Wtf is wrong with you people?

Why are you people the most low self esteem lots on this planet?
Was he competing with you?
Why do you lots always feel the need to compete when othershe that are doing their jobs.
If it's not Akwa ibom, it's delta, bayelsa, and now Anambra.

Wtf is wrong with you people
You yoloba seriously need to go seek Profesional psychological help.
You lots need a SERIOUS amount of help. A lot of it.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by mikron(m): 12:10am On Jul 29, 2016
investnow2013:
Happening Now...

Obiano on a working visit to SABMiller Breweries, Onitsha... Exclusive Pictures!

SABMiller are the makers of Hero Lager Beer "oompa" and a lot of other nice brands.

Details load...
is SABMille not a south african company? and i thought hero beer is owned by peter obi?
Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by buchilino(m): 5:23am On Jul 29, 2016
wristbangle:

Bros, I respect obiano as the best performing governor in SE and one of the best in Nigeria. Recently Ambode has leapfrogged his performance.

R U FROM LAGOS?
Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by buchilino(m): 5:27am On Jul 29, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
You rotten SW's suck undecided

DON'T BOTHER REPLYING D JACKASS. U NO DER PPLE LIKES LICKING NORTHERN ASSES. SO THEY DESPERATELY WANTS US 2 LICK THEIRS
Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 29, 2016
Propropro:
sorry Nigerian breweries is in kaduna and enugu. Enugu breweries is the biggest in nigeria.oga read before you say something. Adamu

1 Like

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by andyjagga: 7:35am On Jul 29, 2016
Propropro:
bad belle,Na jealousy go kill you...scallywag

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 29, 2016
Propropro:

Suppression of igbos yet they are the most traveled tribe doing businesses in every nook and cranny of Nigeria. Don't make me laugh
hero is everywhere in Nigeria. we dey drink am for Lagos steady

1 Like

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by iwatchandlisten(m): 8:42am On Jul 29, 2016
Propropro:

SABMiller plc is a multinational brewing and beverage company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's second-largest brewer measured by revenues and is also a major bottler of Coca-Cola. Wikipedia

Stock price: SAB (LON)
4,369.50 GBX +45.50 (+1.05%)
29 Jul, 8:39 AM GMT+1 - Disclaimer

CEO: Alan Clark

Headquarters: London, United Kingdom

Revenue: 22.13 billion USD (2015)

Founded: February 8, 1895, Johannesburg, South Africa

Net income: 3.557 billion USD (2015)

Operating income: 4.384 billion USD (2015)

Subsidiaries: Miller Brewing Company, MillerCoors, more...
Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by Stanleywaxy(m): 9:08am On Jul 29, 2016
buchilino:

DON'T BOTHER REPLYING D JACKASS. U NO DER PPLE LIKES LICKING NORTHERN ASSES. SO THEY DESPERATELY WANTS US 2 LICK THEIRS
No wahala
Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by Emyben(m): 9:53am On Jul 29, 2016
aljpimp:

haha sorry bro...your not lucky to be serving in Oyo state...Anambra is one of the best places to serve..even the state allawee is now 8k ....Anambra people are lucky to have Willie as governor

Hahaha, Ikr.
Anambra is my State. Thats why i said Life is unfair.
My State pays corpers whereas i as a corper is not paid by Oyo state whose indigenes are probably enjoying 8K from my State. Choooi.. Hahaha.
Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by lordyugo: 10:04am On Jul 29, 2016
aresa:
OMG!!!

See redundancy? Na to dey carry government delegation, state resources and cameramen to beer parlor remain?

These Igbos and comedy sef....smh grin

My NAIRALAND CLOWN/MASCOT ,must really commend u, u nvr joke wit ur job as d yoruba jester.kudos to ur dad

1 Like

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by AGBANLA: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2016
What do u mean by revival of this brewery? A brewery that was built from the scratch! Na wa for u.
Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by Michel2013: 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
You are correct but it came nigeria by establishing in onitsha

INTAFACT BEVERAGES LIMITED
Industry Brewing
Predecessor Intafact Properties
Founded Onitsha, Nigeria (December 22, 1971)
Headquarters Onitsha, Anambra State, Nigeria
Number of locations
1 Brewery (Onitsha)
Products Brewing of Beer and Non-alcoholic Malt drinks
Owner SABMiller
Number of employees
Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by investnow2013: 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
ANAMBRA INVESTORS DOUBLE OUTPUT, EARNINGS IN ONE YEAR-Obiano

By Kingsley Ezekwelu

Governor Willie Obiano says his administration will continue to create the enabling environment and framework that will support investors in the state to get maximum dividends for their investments.

The governor who spoke during a working visit to Interfact Breweries, Onitsha, described Anambra State government as a stakeholder in the company, owning 10percent of the equity investment, out of which his administration has invested 30percent of the shares.

He was conducted round the beverage facility by top management and used the opportunity to have a brief meeting between officials of the government and the management of the Company to review the progress made so far.

Gov Obiano who spoke to journalists immediately after the meeting, revealed that their discussion which he described as "positive", also dwelt on the Delfarm-Songhai's interest in supplying Sorghum -the major raw material that the company uses which before now was imported.

He was optimistic that by the first quarter of next year, the deal would have become actualized.

The Governor revealed that the company has significantly increased their production by about 50percent in the past one year, and attributed it to the security and conducive operational environment his government has restored to the benefit of industrialists in the state. He also confirmed the situation has boosted the return of nightlife in the state.

The General Manager of the company, Mr Lucas Vandavetta, thanked the state government for its support that has greatly raised their business profile and promised that they are poised to create an investment for the future and to sustain its corporate social responsibility efforts.

With a production capacity of 2.7 million hecto-litres per annum achieved through the overwhelming support of the state government, it is expected that the company will give impetus to the state government's drive towards improved internally generated revenue(IGR)and the creation of employment opportunities.

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by aresa: 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
investnow2013:
ANAMBRA INVESTORS DOUBLE OUTPUT, EARNINGS IN ONE YEAR-Obiano

By Kingsley Ezekwelu

Sorry, ipob news is fake news...

1 Like

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by aresa: 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
[s]
lordyugo:

My NAIRALAND CLOWN/MASCOT ,must really commend u, u nvr joke wit ur job as d yoruba jester.kudos to ur dad
[/s]

Abeg stop barking inside my ear like bingo... grin

1 Like

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by FreeGlobe(f): 4:17pm On Jul 29, 2016
aresa:

Sorry, ipob news is fake news...
abeg where can I see 20 bottles of aje oil to buy? it's urgent..

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by lordyugo: 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Abeg stop barking inside my ear like bingo... grin

u nvr fail to disappoint as a yoruba clown.loool
y do pple get angry wit u?, wen all u do is be a retard
Re: Obiano Visits The Sabmiller, Onitsha Beer Giant by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2022
Peter Obi investment in Sab-Miller paid off where his family owned shares.

Only thing commendable about him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Gets Wrapper & N1000 After Voting In Anambra Election. Shows Them Off / IGP Idris Blames Ortom For Benue Crisis, Shuns Display Of Victims Corpses / Lagos Anti-One Way Squad Impounds 42 Vehicles, 4 Uniform Personnel Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.