Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad (2757 Views)

Asari Dokubo Arrives Ijaw Youth Council Election With His Squad (Photos) / Buhari May Speak To Nigerians By Phone Soon - Presidency / Emmanuel Ifeajuna: Commonwealth Games Gold To Facing A Firing Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by ObiOmaMu: 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2016
Indonesia has executed three Nigerian drug convicts by firing squad, despite pressure from human rights groups and doubts pointing to death row prisoners being innocent.

Three Nigerians - Humphrey Jefferson Ejike Eleweke, Seck Osmane and Michael Titus Igweh, pictured above, and Indonesian Freddy Budiman - were killed by firing squad at 12.45am.

Authorities carried out four of the 14 planned executions of convicted drug offenders in the early hours of Friday morning in the middle of torrential downpours.

Indonesia's Deputy Attorney General Noor Rachamd said Seck Osmane, Michael Titus Igweh,
Humphrey Jefferson Ejike Eleweke and Freddie Budiman were killed.

It is not clear why the execution of the other ten prisoners who had been expected to face the firing squad, did not proceed.

"Of course there are considerations for it," was all Deputy Attorney General for Crimes, Noor Rachmad would say.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/07/breaking-indonesia-executes-three.html

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by babyfaceafrica: 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2016
RIP

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2016
Rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by fotadmowmend(m): 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
oga o
Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by idupaul: 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2016
RIP..when I was A child I watched a movie with my mum called Dada is death about an English mum who went to Indonesia to plead for the life of her son who was caught smuggling drugs she tried her best and even met the president but when it was time the Indonesians still went ahead with the execution. .that movie me taught me to stay away from drugs because I would never want to see my mum suffer like that ..Dada is death might mean the price is death

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by Splashme: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
Our ethno-religious bigot of a president did not even care afterall the convicts were not his brothers Hausa/Fulani

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by asitis752: 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
Expect another set of people to still carry the drug to the country. Nigerians are very stubborn

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by Wadeoye(m): 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
Our brothers from SE should learn from all these executions and stop committing suicide in foreign lands.

Everyday execution of Nigerians in Indonesia, Malaysia, Saudi, etc. Why?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by asitis752: 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
Splashme:
Our ethno-religious bigot of a president did not even care afterall the convicts were not his brothers Hausa/Fulani
buhari is to be blamed ryt? U are brain-dead

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by idupaul: 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2016
Splashme:

Buhari has always been in support of firing squad for drug smugglers

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by zicoraads: 9:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
...NCAN, Headquarters, Abuja cool

It's them, the people from that region. It's their trademark embarassed angry

Lalasticlala embarassed

The World's plea, as usual, fell on deaf ears sad

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by Wadeoye(m): 9:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
Splashme:

Why should the president care? 30 years ago he tried to stop you guys from drug trafficking by making this a capital offense - as soon as he left office, your people went back to the business.

If you have heeded his advice and warning, i am sure these executed poor dudes and many other who have been similarly executed would be alive today.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by yinkus204(m): 9:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
RIP. But our brother frm that place sud stop caring drugs to indos place again cos they dnt want u to claim there country development like the way u are claiming lagos and south africa development

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by seunmsg(m): 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
So sad cry cry cry The punishment is not commensurate with the crime. Capital punishment should be outlawed worldwide. No matter the tribal colouring, this is not good for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by judecares1(m): 9:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
Dis a lesson to be learnt by those who are involved in drug trafficking

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by medpren: 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
Get rich or die trying. Too bad.

If only the 'uncorrupt hausa/ fulanis and yorubas' had built this country after collective ruling the country for 39 years out of 45 years post civil war. No country survives 39 years of looting by the 'uncorrupt' likes of Abacha, Babangida, OBJ etc.
The after effect is what we see here.

Can anyone remind me any popular drug lord pre-70s?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by Dejideji1(m): 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
seunmsg:
So sad cry cry cry The punishment is not commensurate with the crime. Capital punishment should be outlawed worldwide. No matter the tribal colouring, this is not good for Nigeria.

You are right Bro, it's too harsh. I don't also support capital punishment unless in cases of murder because who ever has the guts to take away the life of his fellow man is a beast and does not deserve to live.

In most countries, Sentences for drug distribution and trafficking normally range from 3-5 years to life in prison.
Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by Wadeoye(m): 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
seunmsg:

Didnt they know they would be executed if caught?

With your comment, if you have the opportunity to smuggle stuff, you will - I pity you.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by stchinedu: 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
Splashme:

undecided
Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by NOC1(m): 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
And two of my friends moved to Indonesia this week, baba save themoooooooo. but those my friends eyes no clear. guys both of you are Nairalanders i know immediately this post moves to FP una go see am pls make una behave mbok.
one of you travelled on monday the other joined yesterday so una don know una self our paddy aka virus is coming next month. pls i know wan cry una know home naaa, una pupsy no poor but this una indonesia of a thing came to me as a surprise, i pray you guys are there to further your educations because that is what i heard.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by Pidggin(f): 9:32pm On Jul 28, 2016
A little with contentment is great gain.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
Good riddance, and shame to their families

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by Wadeoye(m): 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2016
osinbanjoisaliar:
Good riddance, and shame to their families

They don't have shame. Instead they will blame government, Buhari, etc for not intervening.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2016
Wadeoye:
Our brothers from SE should learn from all these executions and stop committing suicide in foreign lands.

Everyday execution of Nigerians in Indonesia, Malaysia, Saudi, etc. Why?

Boris Johnson will one day become the prime minister of England. His first point of call wiill be to deport 1million Afonjas
Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by raumdeuter: 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2016
Splashme:

Because it was the president that put drugs into their baggage and sent them to Indonesia

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by aresa: 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
undecided

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:52pm On Jul 28, 2016
SirShymexx:
Lol. Without even checking their names, you know they're Eboes. No one hustles backwards in a suicidal way better than the ones with flat heads and acute angles at both ends of their heads.

These folks and dying like rats just to make noise are like siamese twins.

Everyday in Ibafo, Ogun state, 100 Afonjas are slaughtered by militants. Afonja women are being converted to comfort women for the Ijaw conquerors
Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by idupaul: 9:53pm On Jul 28, 2016
seunmsg:

How do you know it's not commensurate. .it's death sentence yet people still risk it to smuggle just imagine what it will be of it was a a 3 years sentence

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by superstar1(m): 9:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ugandans can never disappoint you when it comes to crime.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by laurel03(m): 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
Only God knw how many Igbos that they have killed in Asia.....

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Indonesia Executes Three Nigerians By Firing Squad by aresa: 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
They want to build mansion in Lekki and their village, drive jeep and marry fine village girl grin

Life no be by force... grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

NIGER DELTA AVENGERS : Our Household Is Intact. / Group Seeks Middle Belt’s Separation From The Core North / Chinese Doctors Set To Visit Abia And Anambra States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.