Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,663 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me (2516 Views)

My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do / My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. / Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Mille: 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
Everything looks perfect on the outside.

Graduate, good relationship, good family, Going abroad for Masters, Good financial and health situation etc but psychologically, I'm dying and suffering from depression.

I suddenly have become so timid, lacking confidence and slipping away from friends, family, everyone except my gf. These days, I just lock myself inside the house, don't pick calls and then the cycle of depression starts. When it's night, I'm already scared of tomorrow because I know it's gonna be the same cycle.

I don't even know what I'm depressed about but I am very sure something is wrong with me.

I need a psychologist, Counselor or just anybody who is willing to help before I do something stupid.

TeHN
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Cutehector(m): 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2016
U need one week of non stop sex!
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2016
The only people that can help you, are those around you. If you don't open up to them, you'll sink away without even realizing it. Talk to someone. Force a conversation if you have to. Depression kills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Mille: 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
Cutehector:
U need one week of non stop sex!

Oh!

I have sex a week far more than you can imagine. I wish it could solve my problems
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2016
VolT0xic:
The only people that can help you, are those around you. If you don't open up to them, you'll sink away without even realizing it. Talk to someone. Force a conversation if you have to. Depression kills.
Right. Hope he takes your advice.
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Mille: 10:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
VolT0xic:

I know this. But I'm here surrounded by people who think you are sick only when you are suffering from illness. That's why I want to see a counselor
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Cutehector(m): 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2016
Mille:

Oh!

I have sex a week far more than you can imagine. I wish it could solve my problems
ok. Let's say ur social life is zero.. u need to resume partying
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 28, 2016
It's good you already know what to tackle. I'll advice you please don't stay alone @least until u start seeing a counsellor. Stroll regularly and try to make friends.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by dayowunmi(m): 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
Please visit the nearest general Hospital and inquire about their psychologist so that you can relate with him the issue, or maybe they can refer you to a more competent psychologist elsewhere, pls it's a serious matter, don't forget to pray as well. May God help you in Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 29, 2016
Please get professional help fast. You're probably suffering from manic depression.

Whatever you do don't kill yourself, OK?
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by George22016(m): 5:56am On Jul 29, 2016
Try going out n having a drink for urself at a quiet bar works for me.
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by cococandy(f): 7:28am On Jul 29, 2016
You're going to miss your girlfriend when you travel for your masters. She may even be married to someone else before you come back. Maybe That's what's secretly bugging you.

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Eleganza33(f): 7:53am On Jul 29, 2016
Lol cococandy u r funny,if dats his worries then he is sick hahaha. Helo bro u beta open up to friends depression is bad
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Mille: 8:00am On Jul 29, 2016
Thank you all.

I have everything to stay alive for especially for my brother. So you don't have to worry about me killing myself.

dayowunmi, does every General Hospital have one?

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Mille: 8:06am On Jul 29, 2016
cococandy:
You're going to miss your girlfriend when you travel for your masters. She may even be married to someone else before you come back. Maybe That's what's secretly bugging you.

Despite all my troubles, I still had the time to laugh about this. Of course, I'm going to miss her but not to that extent

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 29, 2016
Mille:

Graduate, good relationship, good family, Going abroad for Masters, Good financial and health situation etc but psychologically, I'm dying and suffering from depression.

I suddenly have become so timid, lacking confidence and slipping away from friends, family, everyone except my gf. These days, I just lock myself inside the house, don't pick calls and then the cycle of depression starts. When it's night, I'm already scared of tomorrow because I know it's gonna be the same cycle.

I don't even know what I'm depressed about but I am very sure something is wrong with me.

I need a psychologist, Counselor or just anybody who is willing to help before I do something stupid.

TeHN

I guess you're bored, this seems like someone who's bored maybe you'd like to switch with someone with real problems like no food for the family, or no cash to cater for the family. You have what we call First world problems
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by dayowunmi(m): 9:44am On Jul 29, 2016
Mille:
Thank you all.

I have everything to stay alive for especially for my brother. So you don't have to worry about me killing myself.

dayowunmi, does every General Hospital have one?
I think most should have, it's a normal requirement for a general Hospital to have a psychologist I guess.
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 29, 2016
Hello Mille,
It is good you have an insight as to what your problem is, and you want to get well. I know you should see a professional counsellor, a clinical psychologist. The psyche counselling would help identify the reason(s) why you are depressed.....you may also need to see a psychiatrist for antidepressant therapy...you will learn about dopamine and all....etc. That is my professional take

Do/can you jog every other day? Or every day, maybe with a two day break in between? For thirty minutes to an hour each session?
If you start doing this....in four weeks you would start feeling crazy much better than you do now. This is a certainty...even if you have clinical depression (the sad thing is that with c/depression, one may not have the motivation to even do stuff that would help them) ....But let us just say you can get up and run....you would feel better because of endorphins (body's feel good chemicals) ...you would feel all kinds of amazing....like being in a semi-permanent after sexx buzz.....like being high...in this case, healthy high

What if you started doing this and there would not be any need for the psychologust in four weeks? Because you start running and keep doing so? Trust me, even with professional consult by psychologist or psychiatrist....exercise helps...
And you dont have to pay anyone to run....your mood could become lifted and you could start feeling better....with all the coulds, why dont you try? And while at it, can you do something extra every day? Write down things you are happy and thankful for....get a number that you will work with. From the part of your childhood that you remember to this present day....even if it for the bed that you surely spend a major part of the day in due to this insolent depression? kiss...this last part may look trite, but it is actually the most crucial. The exercise will make you delve into crevices that you never knew you had just to find blessings cheesy....if you cannot find any, repeats are allowed.
There is no harm in trying this too (shrug)

My first paragraph is a profession based advice. So is the second...the last is based on the Bible and all those New Age philosophies of positive thinking. Trite ...trite... Cliche much...I know....But true story
Get well soon darling

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Richy4(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
Have you tried taking a holidays for a week or 2?

Just get out of where u are presently and clear your head from all the cobwebs... it always help.....

If you are in lagos, try a hotel in another state. some where that got game reserves ,Amusement parks etc.. be a kid once more, even go swimming, check if they got massage parlour....get ur body massaged....u will be surprised how few days of holiday relaxes the body...

This life is once bro...Do not take your self too serious....Death of loved ones this year has taught me to relax a little, it doesn't take much this days...,

So why not make the best out of every day instead of shutting yourself down and carrying the placard of I am not emotionally available..

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by TeHN: 9:33am On Aug 02, 2016
Mille:

TeHN

Dear Mille,

Please email us @ ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com

Kind Regards

TeHN

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
How are you doing @ Mille?
Just wanna wish you a happy weekend
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mille:

TeHN

You have a crisis. It's ok to have a crisis. Most people go through a crisis every now and then. Accept it for now instead of pushing against it and you will feel a relief.

If you don't feel like seeing people and picking calls, it's fine! Don't push yourself to do anything you don't want to.

Try to reach for the feeling of anger if you can, it is the feeling closest to depression but it feels more powerful.

I will try to guide you from there if you come online again but I would prefer for you to find a psychiatrist if possible so that he can run some medical check-ups.

Don't worry, many people have been through such a phase and have come out stronger.
You can make it too. It is ok to be where you are right now.
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Mille: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mindfulness:

You have a crisis. It's ok to have a crisis. Most people go through a crisis every now and then. Accept it for now instead of pushing against it and you will feel a relief.

If you don't feel like seeing people and picking calls, it's fine! Don't push yourself to do anything you don't want to.

Try to reach for the feeling of anger if you can, it is the feeling closest to depression but it feels more powerful.

I will try to guide you from there if you come online again but I would prefer for you to find a psychiatrist if possible so that he can run some medical check-ups.

Don't worry, many people have been through such a phase and have come out stronger.
You can make it too. It is ok to be where you are right now.

Thank you very much for your concern.

I did listen to the previous advices listed above and I can assure you things are a lot better now. A change of environment, holidays and long walks did a miracle. I am back up and running again. I have never felt better.

cc: merahki

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mille:

Thank you very much for your concern.

I did listen to the previous advices listed above and I can assure you things are a lot better now. A change of environment, holidays and long walks did a miracle. I am back up and running again. I have never felt better.

Thank you

Good to know. cheesy smiley wink
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
Your post made me glad
Bless you
Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
visit nairaland Joke Section often..it myt help cool cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 15, 2016
There is something you are not doing or something that is missing in your life. Sit down and look into your life then you try to figure out what is bothering you, why you are depressed. Most times I become depressed but when I consult my inner self, I then realise why I am depressed. I find out that something is not right.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What's Wrong With Me by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 15, 2016
I like that. Self-reflection is always helpful.

Pandorabox:
There is something you are not doing or something that is missing in your life. Sit down and look into your life then you try to figure out what is bothering you, why you are depressed. Most times I become depressed but when I consult my inner self, I then realise why I am depressed. I find out that something is not right.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Man Divorces Wife On Honeymoon After Seeing Her First Time Without Makeup / NTA 9 O'clock News Theme Sonng / Access Bank Is About To Ruin Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.