Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,756 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Why Is My Post Being Flagged Off As Spam? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is My Post Being Flagged Off As Spam? (715 Views)

I Am Having Difficulty Deleting My Post On Nairaland I Need Help / Someone Delete My Post Today,why? / Mr Jaybee: May I Ask Why My Post Was Deleted Without A Warning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is My Post Being Flagged Off As Spam? by Afam(m): 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2009
For some reasons my last response to a post has been flagged off as spam and I believe someone must be playing games here.

The post is hereby reproduced below

+++++++++++++++++++++
Gamine:

Web designers are required to know atleast,
the basics of whatever program their developer is working with.

Presently, im working with an Asp.net programmer,
im doing all my work inside Visual studio now.

I would like to think i could be a good web designer,
i dont design for web often, but i love the web and i read alot
about how to make the web a friendlier, functional, generally better place.
Everyone knows this, even chumpy the monkey.

http://www.escrollfoundation.org/ <something>

My friend, this is what happens when you brag, make sly remarks and attempts to ridicule someone when you cannot even hold your own.

I clicked on the website you put down and after about 6 clicks I found the following

1. All projects likes - page opened with all the links dummy links

2. The build up the school wall - page opened with the title "build up the hospital wall" with the top drop down menu not working

3. Feedback link - page opened and I just clicked submit and got the following

Notice: Query failed: INSERT command denied to user 'escroll_escroll'@'localhost' for table 'feedback_tbl' SQL: INSERT INTO `escroll`.`feedback_tbl` (`serialnumber`, `message`, `feedbacktype`, `name`, `postdate`) VALUES (null, '', '', '', CURDATE()); in /home/escroll/public_html/include/classes/DB_LIB.php on line 105

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/escroll/public_html/include/classes/DB_LIB.php:105) in /home/escroll/public_html/postfeedback.php on line 11

4. Clicked on a link (http://www.escrollfoundation.org/index.php?action=viewres&id=19) under related articles and got a web page with 2 complete copies of the same site one on top of the other.

Conclusion

1. You have chided and thrown words on this thread as if you were very good with design

2. Even the design on the website have some basic issues like hover color of links being almost the same color as the background

3. The programming part is having some issues for example the only task I clicked on to see validation and/or insert operation with the error reproduced above

So, when people ask for reviews, provide them, correct them as no one is perfect and in correcting them do not insult them or attempt to ridicule them because in reality those you choose to ridicule may just know far more than you know even in the area you think you are an expert in.

I am a chemical engineer with process engineering work experience.

Today, I build about the most reliable inverters in this country (have not touched a generator in over 5 years in my office).

Today, I develop fully functional websites with database and programming included for individuals and even custom software (from the same web skills) for multinationals.

My point is that knowledge is out there for anyone that wants to learn.

However, in learning you must be humble and you must avoid trying to ridicule people as you may end up being ridiculed yourself.

Enjoy the long weekend/holiday ahead.

NB: If you need any help with your programming let me know and I will offer you the help at no charge just as I setup the www.ganiliveson.org at no charge.

Programming languages may differ but the logic behind any program can easily be implemented using any programming language.
++++++++++++++++++++++
Re: Why Is My Post Being Flagged Off As Spam? by Gabry(f): 1:33am On Sep 19, 2009
Please post the link
Re: Why Is My Post Being Flagged Off As Spam? by Afam(m): 7:53am On Sep 19, 2009
Update: The issue has been sorted out as the message was successfully posted on the thread it was meant for.

(1) (Reply)

God is good / How To Send Free Text Messages / The Beauty Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.