Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

100 Years Study Says What You Eat Determine Your Height - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 100 Years Study Says What You Eat Determine Your Height (556 Views)

If You Eat Fried Potatoes Two Or More Times A Week, You Risk An Early Death / Increase Your Height Neturally At Home Tips / Does Weight Lifting Redue Your Height And Stop Your Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Years Study Says What You Eat Determine Your Height by lamzybaby: 7:07am On Jul 29, 2016
ONE HUNDRED years of latest researching findings have shown that environmental and nutrition factors have significant influences not only on the mental but the physical height of people across the world.
The study, published Tuesday, July 26, in the journal eLife, brings together data from 187 countries over a century from 1914 to 2014, tracking growth trends around the world. The research shows that Europe has come to completely dominate the growth charts, with the top ten countries in both the male and female charts coming from Europe.
Significant in the findings is the fact that a healthy pollution- free environment, access to clean water and other health-boosting factors play key roles in the growth of adolescents. Another crucial factor, according to the findings, is nutrition which many health experts have claimed has been on the declining as adolescents are daily gulping non-balanced diet in the form of snacks.
Lead researcher Professor Majid Ezzati, from Imperial College London, said: “This study gives us a picture of the health of nations over the past century, and reveals the average height of some nations may even be shrinking while others continue to grow taller.
“This confirms we urgently need to address children and adolescents’ environment and nutrition on a global scale, and ensure we’re giving the world’s children the best possible start in life.

Read More: http://nigerianpilot.com/100-years-study-says-eat-determine-height
Re: 100 Years Study Says What You Eat Determine Your Height by Durchess(f): 7:16am On Jul 29, 2016
I dnt bliv dat... I ate d same food wit my brodas yet they r taller than me
Re: 100 Years Study Says What You Eat Determine Your Height by project4OO: 7:17am On Jul 29, 2016
Durchess:

grin grin grin
Re: 100 Years Study Says What You Eat Determine Your Height by Thukzee01(m): 7:34am On Jul 29, 2016
Durchess:
oops , project gone wrong
Re: 100 Years Study Says What You Eat Determine Your Height by sinaj(f): 7:49am On Jul 29, 2016
Durchess:
u dnt have to have b of the same height with ur bro.

Environment and hereditary play a major role in determining height.
If the gene for height was passed down to you, the environment(food)will either hinder it or enhance it.

Your bro inherited the height, it's not d food that made them to grow taller tongue

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Fibroid Removl Without Surgery (do You Know How) / What Lack Of Good Sex Can Cause / Breast Cancer On The Rampage: Protect Your Wives And Daughters Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.