Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,722 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

5 Home Made Remedies For Stretch Marks - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Home Made Remedies For Stretch Marks (1136 Views)

Ways To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks / Try This Measles Home Made Remedies On Your Own / 4 Home Made Remedies That Get Rid Of Dandruff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Home Made Remedies For Stretch Marks by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 29, 2016
Stretch marks have become the challenge of so many people today, but most especially women. So many women have become irritative to their men.

What are stretch marks?

Stretch marks are the long, stripes, narrow streaks or lines that develops on the skin and which differ in hue from the surrounding skin. They are the result of a sudden stretching of the skin and are extremely common in women.

Anyone can develop stretch marks, although they tend to affect more women than men.

Stretch marks can be visible on body parts including the tummy, thighs, hips, breasts, upper arms, and lower back. The marks form in the middle layer of the skin; when there is a constant stretch, the layer tears, leaving stretch marks.

Stretch marks are usually a slightly red or purple shade to begin with, fading with time to silvery white lines that may or may not disappear.

Occurring in 40-90% of women, stretch marks appear following rapid repeated over-stretching of the skin over weak connective tissue. The most common areas affected are as follows:

Abdomen
Breasts
Hips
Flank
Buttocks
Thighs

What causes stretch marks?

I want you to understand that the skin consists of three main layers and they are:
1. Epidermis (the outer layer)
2. Dermis (the middle layer)
3. Subcutaneous or hypodermis (the deepest layer).

Stretch marks form in the dermis when the connective tissue is "stretched" beyond the limits of its elasticity due to rapid expansion or contraction of the skin from sudden growth or weight gain.

Stretch marks eventually fade to a silvery, white or glossy appearance due to the blood vessels contracting and the pale fat underneath the skin becoming visible instead.

Natural remedies for stretch marks

1. Salt, Sugar and Palm Oil Paste

Ingredients needed:
250 grams of salt
250 grams of sugar
150 ml of palm oil

Method of preparation:

In order to get a thick paste, same as store-bought gel, mix all ingredients together. Allow the resulting mixture to stand still for half an hour before you mix well again. After that your peeling is ready to use!

How to use:

Massage the problematic parts of the skin by doing circular motions, lasting for 2-3 minutes. Use the peeling every night before showering.

After using the peeling, after taking a shower, apply a little moisturizing cream or body lotion.

After a month of regular use you will notice as the stretch marks and cellulite both become less visible. Do not quit the treatment after the first positive results. Be persistent.

2. Potato Juice

Potato juice contains vitamins and minerals that foster growth and restoration of skin cells.

Cut a medium-sized potato into thick slices. Take one of the potato pieces and rub it gently on the stretch marks for a few minutes. Make sure the starch from the potato covers the affected area.

Allow the potato juice to dry for some time and then wash it off with lukewarm water.

3. Egg Whites

Eggs are a rich source of protein. For stretch marks, you want to use only the egg whites, which contain amino acids and proteins.

Whip the whites of two eggs gently with a fork. Clean the affected skin area with water and then apply a thick layer of egg whites with a makeup brush.

Allow the egg whites to dry completely and then rinse the area with cold water.

Finally apply some olive oil on the skin to keep it moisturized.
Repeat the process daily for at least two weeks and watch for positive results.

4. Lemon Juice

Another simple way to lessen stretch marks is to use lemon juice. Lemon juice is naturally acidic which helps heal and reduce stretch marks, acne, and other scars.

Rub fresh lemon juice gently onto the stretch marks using circular motions. Allow the lemon juice to soak into your skin for at least 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.

Another option is to mix equal quantities of cucumber juice and lemon juice and apply the mixture on the stretch marks.

5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is effective in the treatment of many skin problems. Its healing and soothing properties can be used to get rid of stretch marks. There are a couple of ways to apply it.

You can directly rub aloe Vera gel on the affected skin area, leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse the skin with lukewarm water.

Another option is to make a mixture with one-fourth cup of aloe Vera gel, oil from 10 vitamin E capsules and oil from five vitamin A capsules. Rub this mixture onto the skin until fully absorbed. Repeat this process daily.

More of such health solutions @ http://nutrivalve.com/5-natural-solutions-to-stretch-marks/
Re: 5 Home Made Remedies For Stretch Marks by valenu(m): 10:41am On Jul 29, 2016
Has anyone tried
Re: 5 Home Made Remedies For Stretch Marks by amicableSavage: 6:44am On Aug 02, 2016
sorry to say, but it didnt work
Re: 5 Home Made Remedies For Stretch Marks by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 02, 2016
How long did u use these before u concluded it didnt work. amicablesavage
if it worked for my mom.. then it can work for anybody
Re: 5 Home Made Remedies For Stretch Marks by amicableSavage: 10:36am On Aug 02, 2016
blogbaby:

i used the egg white thingy, option 3 for about 3 weeks. no difference at all
Re: 5 Home Made Remedies For Stretch Marks by Daddi: 11:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
blogbaby:

which of the potatoes, irish or sweet?
Re: 5 Home Made Remedies For Stretch Marks by Maeua211: 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2022
With the baby growing up, my tummy getting bigger and the skin stretched made me feel painful. So I bought one bottle of Stretch Mark Serum By DermalMD to try. After I used it one week, I find I got the right serum for my skin. This serum is more oily and hydrated than Cetaphil Moisturizing. It reduced my pain from the skin stretching. I only put the serum in the stretched skin , like tummy and back. Now I use it twice a day,I think it’s very useful for pregnant women. Definitely, I will buy it again when I finished my first bottle of the serum.

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Neglect This If You Are Finding It Hard To Satisfy Your Spouse / Consumption Of Zobo Drink Effective Hypertension Treatment, Says Expert. / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.