Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga (25469 Views)

Mayowa Ahmed Of #SaveMayowa Is Dead / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by FroshD: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2016
cycline404:
I don't understand we Nigerians anymore

Even the country herself dont understand us anymore grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by repogirl(f): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2016
This is sad.

This one that Nigerian police has entered the matter, I hope the girl does not die as their investigations no dey ever end.

Is it not obvious that she is sick? Is it not obvious she needs help? What other investigations should there be?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by crystalmi(f): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2016
I think this will be a lesson for Linda Ikeji not to conclude without investigation. She has edited all the post about the scam. But the damage has already been done. I love the way Bella Naija reported the story. That is what we call investigative Journalism. A journalist should be neutral and not criticize. It can affect public opinion. In all this I pray for Mayowa quick recovery. And pls Nigerians should keep donating to the needy. Whatever the outcome of this is, It should not deter them.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by MKO4ever(m): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2016
Everything in Nigeria is soo complicated at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by specialguest(f): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2016
I watched the mayowa's plea video and all I can say is she really looks ill and lean, beyond all these media circus going on, I pray the Lord heals her in his infinite mercy.
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by x6blade(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2016
buharisbae:
Those that dragged Linda ikeji on twitter have to apologize

cc.lalasticlala
please for what. Kindly explain to us

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by 9jatatafo(m): 10:48am On Jul 29, 2016
What if mayowa is truly suffering from cancer and during the investigation, she died due to delay, what happened next?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by opeyemiieblog(m): 10:51am On Jul 29, 2016
DIFY20:

u guys are mad ...y are u not blaming toyin ...yes because u guy hate linda abi....
lolz......mad ke..... .... get out of here..... must u abuse someone if u want to comment ... idiat

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by photoshoot(m): 10:53am On Jul 29, 2016
DIFY20:
[s]y are are poeple blaming linda ikeji without blaming the real person at fault which is toyin who was the one dat started the campaigning from the d beginning and carry false news at the end....is it beacuse u guys from south west dont like linda....because i have never seen anyone blame toyin[/s]

They both acted wrongly.

Worry about Mayowa's health before war of any sort sir.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by Kazrem(m): 10:56am On Jul 29, 2016
Read what Wikipedia says about Aunty Linda.

Linda Ikeji (born Linda Ifeoma Ikeji ; 19 September 1980) [1] is a Nigerian false news carrier blogger , writer, entrepreneur and former model. She is best known for her blog. She is the highest paid blogger in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by highwaist: 11:03am On Jul 29, 2016
Police should go after criminal/terorist terrorising lagos,they should leave mayowa family alone.many people are on street faking sicness in other to get sympaty form people.so that they will get money to feed their family
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by andyanders: 11:05am On Jul 29, 2016
metronaija3:
Read the statement below...

The Lagos State commissioner of police Cp Fatai Owoseni has directed full scale investigation into the report that the *Save Mayowa Campaign* is a fraud.

Founder of Lifestake foundation Ms Aramide Kasumu and two members of the ailing Aramide Shukura Ahmed's family Mr Iwaloye Seun and Mrs Zaneen Ahmed were earlier today invited to the command's headquarter on a fact finding mission, subsequently the command have placed a red alert on the access bank account opened in the name of Mayowa as it has been frozen while effort is ongoing to contact the managers of Gofundme online account so as to ensure funds raised through that platform is not fraudulently diverted. Investigation will be extended to LUTH hospital Idi-Araba where the patient is currently undergoing treatment.

The command wishes to inform all the good spirited people who had donated generously to this course that it will ensure it does not return as a hoax and every outcome of the investigation shall be made open.
Our heart is with Mayowa at this Critical period of her life and pray she finds healing.
SP DOLAPO BADMOS
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
LAGOS STATE COMMAND.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/lagos-police-release-statement-on.html

For the first time I have read such message from the Nigerian Police. I am highly impressed that we some intelligent officer like the PRO.
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by HMZi: 11:05am On Jul 29, 2016
Aunty sabi sabi LINDA,F ur old Kitty-Cat..
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by Rozaystunna(m): 11:06am On Jul 29, 2016
Buhari why
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by Beremx(f): 11:07am On Jul 29, 2016
DIFY20:
y are are poeple blaming linda ikeji without blaming the real person at fault which is toyin who was the one dat started the campaigning from the d beginning and carry false news at the end....is it beacuse u guys from south west dont like linda....because i have never seen anyone blame toyin
Linda has to be blamed too. Why did she publish an unverified news on her blog without proper investigation?
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by KAYD007(m): 11:07am On Jul 29, 2016
agarawu23:
Now that her account has been frozen which will ofcus delay their arrangements especially when our police who ar thieves are involved, i pray she doesn't die as predicted by our quack doctors in LUTH. sad

I will contact some experts in Russia to hack that silly blog owned by linda. Book haram are on their way to her mansion that's making her feel like a queen despite being single at her age.

If you see picture of that lady and still call it a scam, you need treatment.

and yet it was the same quack doctors in LUTH that diagnosed her with ovarian cancer abi?

Next time you are sick, take the available plane out to seek for treatment.

instead of hyperventilating, why not await the police findings undecided
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by agarawu23(m): 11:09am On Jul 29, 2016
[s]
KAYD007:

and yet it was the same quack doctors in LUTH that diagnosed her with ovarian cancer abi?

Next time you are sick, take the available plane out to seek for treatment.

instead of hyperventilating, why not await the police findings undecided
[/s]diagnosed is different from cure. Go and sit your a$$ down.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by dbar: 11:18am On Jul 29, 2016
[quote author=metronaija3 post=47988156]Read the statement below...

The Lagos State commissioner of police Cp Fatai Owoseni has directed full scale investigation into the report that the *Save Mayowa Campaign* is a fraud.

Founder of Lifestake foundation Ms Aramide Kasumu and two members of the ailing Aramide Shukura Ahmed's family Mr Iwaloye Seun and Mrs Zaneen Ahmed were earlier today invited to the command's headquarter on a fact finding mission, subsequently the command have placed a red alert on the access bank account opened in the name of Mayowa as it has been frozen while effort is ongoing to contact the managers of Gofundme online account so as to ensure funds raised through that platform is not fraudulently diverted. Investigation will be extended to LUTH hospital Idi-Araba where the patient is currently undergoing treatment.

The command wishes to inform all the good spirited people who had donated generously to this course that it will ensure it does not return as a hoax and every outcome of the investigation shall be made open.
Our heart is with Mayowa at this Critical period of her life and pray she finds healing.
SP DOLAPO BADMOS
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
LAGOS STATE COMMAND.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/lagos-police-release-statement-on.html

That attention seeking lowlife blogger is really dammed. Never been her fan, it isn't enough to raise the alarm twas a scam, where's your proof. Police we know una and ur clandestine moves, very soon we go hear say Police dey find their own cut from the funds. Nigeria na funny town. People see that kind girl and still say its scam. God forgive them.
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 29, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
am like.... anti linda see what uve caused

If that girl dies due to all these distractions even though our Nigerian doctors with their poor facilities have written her off, may her blood haunt the evil blogger.
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by palsenator(m): 11:27am On Jul 29, 2016
agarawu23:
Now that her account has been frozen which will ofcus delay their arrangements especially when our police who ar thieves are involved, i pray she doesn't die as predicted by our quack doctors in LUTH. sad

I will contact some experts in Russia to hack that silly blog owned by linda. Book haram are on their way to her mansion that's making her feel like a queen despite being single at her age.

If you see picture of that lady and still call it a scam, you need treatment.
Please get your facts right before accusing Linda. The lady is truly sick and from investigation, no cure for her ailments. The said treatment is even against doctor's recommendation as it was discovered that with the degree of her cancer, she is going to die which is a sad news. If that's not true,do you think Nigeria police will have any reason to freeze the account? Definitely there is something fishy.
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by AKAKAK(m): 11:31am On Jul 29, 2016
[quote author=DIFY20 post=47991624]y are are poeple blaming linda ikeji without blaming the real person at fault which is toyin who was the one dat started the campaigning from the d beginning and carry false news at the end....is it beacuse u guys from south west dont like linda....because i have never seen anyone blame toyin[/quote

Toyin Aimakhu is not from South West for your information.
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by agarawu23(m): 11:34am On Jul 29, 2016
palsenator:
Please get your facts right before accusing Linda. The lady is truly sick and from investigation, no cure for her ailments. The said treatment is even against doctor's recommendation as it was discovered that with the degree of her cancer, she is going to die which is a sad news. If that's not true,do you think Nigeria police will have any reason to freeze the account? Definitely there is something fishy.
the ailment the whole world knows and accept it has no cure is HIV/AIDS. Toyin's case should be investigated properly and linda should be jailed if mayowa dies anytime from now for misleading the public.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 29, 2016
buharisbae:

cc.lalasticlala
apologise for what?....Linda started all this shiit without considering the person (Mayowa) involved....she is just a biitch who deserves no respect at all

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by mbhs139(m): 11:42am On Jul 29, 2016
DIFY20:
y are are poeple blaming linda ikeji without blaming the real person at fault which is toyin who was the one dat started the campaigning from the d beginning and carry false news at the end....is it beacuse u guys from south west dont like linda....because i have never seen anyone blame toyin

Most you put tribal coloration to everything, are you MAD ni? Dem swell for you people ni? Haha!!!

Ha-ha! What, has SW gat to do with the matter on ground now, you dey craze ni? Is it only SW people that contributed the money. And to imagine that this werey went to school and bagged a degree insults logic.

Awon oloriburuku omo

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 29, 2016
I JUST DAE OBSERVE CHECK MY SIGNATURE FOR NEWS
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by Google63(m): 11:54am On Jul 29, 2016
mbhs139:

Most you put tribal coloration to everything, are you MAD ni? Dem swell for you people ni? Haha!!!

Ha-ha! What, has SW gat to do with the matter on ground now, you dey craze ni? Is it only SW people that contributed the money. And to imagine that this werey went to school and bagged a degree insults logic.

Awon oloriburuku omo
Thank you jare. Help me ask the fool how Aimakhu resembles a South West name

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by banmee(m): 11:55am On Jul 29, 2016
savio93:
.my question is that, if it's discovered to be a hoax, would our corrupt Nigerian Police refund the money to all contributors including those who paid as little ad 500?

Didn't you read the Police statement? The person the funds were intended for is still in the hospital, which means she still need medical care. What they need to do is institute a board of trustees to manage the funds on behalf of the person intended.
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 29, 2016
buharisbae:

cc.lalasticlala
You must be high on groundnut.
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by MadCow1: 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
savio93:
.my question is that, if it's discovered to be a hoax, would our corrupt Nigerian Police refund the money to all contributors including those who paid as little ad 500?

Most likely not.

But it could be taken and sent to an IDP camp somewhere in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by redcliff: 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
because of 32m naira. Everybody eye dey chook! Nigeria and greediness like bread and butter
Re: Lagos Police Releases Statement On #SaveMayowa Saga by Miles300: 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2016
Na wa oo na person life they put on stand still..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diagnostic Centres In Nigeria / How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? / Coronavirus: PM Abe Asks Japan Schools To Close Over Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.