Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

How Do I Get My Money Back ? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do I Get My Money Back ? (521 Views)

Evans: I Gave My Father N3m, SUV And A Hilux Van; Why I Didn't Enjoy My Money / Nigerian Pays 15-Year-Old Girl For Sex, Collects Money Back At Gunpoint In US / My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get My Money Back ? by QueenBeelav(f): 10:06am On Jul 29, 2016
Hello everyone,am in the dark right now and so confused as per what to do or where to start from. maybe some one has experienced this before and could help me know how to go about getting my money back! my ATM card was stolen, and 200,000 was withdrawn from my account without me getting any notification of any sort. i noticed it got missing on the 27th when i went to make a withdrawal but i wasn't so bothered because i felt it would be in my other bag, and then no notification came as to assume otherwise. but when i went to the bank the next day to request for another ATM because i couldn't find it again, that was when i noticed that my money was 200k short,when i now finally got a debit alert from the bank for issuance of a new ATM. i was in shock, i was never at any rowdy place that you would say someone stole my purse or something, it dawned on me that i have been defrauded by somebody really close to me,because that is the only way my ATM could have gone missing. i have my suspicions tho but wouldn't want to go on accusing someone without concrete evidence. my bank says i need to visit the bank where the withdrawal was made to get cctv footages but then why didn't i get notifications when the withdrawals where made ? and dont i need some kind of documents from my bank to the other bank ? im really confused and would like to hear from someone who has been through this and how they made headway eventually.
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back ? by okonja(m): 10:14am On Jul 29, 2016
Your bank already told you what to do, why coming on here? undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back ? by blaquemyc: 10:32am On Jul 29, 2016
Do as you were instructed to. I don't think the bank will refund your money but the person that withdrew it can when caught.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back ? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
it happened to my friend 3 years ago. we asked d bank to pull back d CCTV footage but dey begged us to not do it dat it's better 4 us not to know d culprit. although we heeded their advice bcoz d amount was relatively small compare to urs. all am trying to say is dat their first move would b trying to talk u out of pulling back d CCTV footage.. well d choice is urs

(1) (Reply)

Theif Nabbed Stealing Danfo Bus (Pics & Video) / Ghanaian Fisherman Arraigned ... Attempted To Rape Co-tenant With Cocoa Butter / Policeman Shoots Okada Rider Dead In Ondo State Over Alleged N50 Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.