Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:17 PM

16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers (42608 Views)

Latest Difficult Interview Questions And How To Tackle Them. Applicants! / 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers / 50 Interview Questions And Answers You Must Be Prepared For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by veekid(m): 7:44am On Jul 30, 2016
Make I bookmark this
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by JOSSYTEM(f): 7:47am On Jul 30, 2016
i love this kiss
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by hardbody: 7:48am On Jul 30, 2016
Antiparticle:
Plagiarized post.
Here's the source: https://www.datsi.fi.upm.es/~frosal/docs/25mdq.html

Someone needs to do a study to see how many front page threads on NL are plagiarized from another website.

Why did you not copy and post it yourself for the benefit of readers. You could then have cured it by acknowledging source and yet let people have the benefit of the knowledge.

At OP, All those questions sound familiar. They also ask questions about your strongest point and your weakest point; why do you want to leave your present employment; will you be ready to relocate?, etc

For those saying these questions do not make sense, how you perform with these questions gives you an edge over others. All my jobs, I mean ALL my jobs were applied for and got on merit. I never knew any one within the system. My career has spanned Legal Practice, Banking, Telecoms, Non Bank Financial Services.......(I am not trying to be immodest or proud here)

Infact in my second Bank interview, I got angry when i saw my name listed as number 19 on the waiting list, i had letter a of offer in another telecom company, i just left the bank premises and went to collect my letter in the other company. Next day i traveled and my phones were not reachable for a while, i later received text messages reminding me of the interview, i negotiated a new date, attended the interview, met with 2 HR bosses, my direct boss, one ED and waited till around 9pm to see the MD. The next day i got a congratulatory text message, the only challenge i then had was which job to accept. The Telco paid higher but the bank appeared to have stronger propensity for career longevity. I opted for the Bank and it paid off.

Reason for my story? jobs are still gotten on merit without envelopes or who you know. A beautiful CV is the first step. How you perform at it the interview is a great help. God has the final say though.

3 Likes

Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 30, 2016
ayusco85:

Stop making it sound like people don't get jobs on merit.
Are you attacking the message or the messenger or the interpreter?
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by Spells(m): 7:55am On Jul 30, 2016
Wish they all follow the right process... but the normal national anthem is who sent u, or who's ur Godfather.. mtcheeew
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by anochuko01(m): 7:56am On Jul 30, 2016
who moved this to front page! angry
you just want this thread to suffer grin
at topic: fresh graduates are at a serious disadvantage. its perhaps all about work experience.
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by Iseoluwani: 8:05am On Jul 30, 2016
sapiosexual1:
This thread has been on FP for the better part of an hour and it's gathered just less than 10comments.
Viewing this thread : only a handful of NLanders. This simply is a reflection of the youths' orientation today. If it's a boobs baring thread or one nonsense political thread, it'd be like a market place with every Tom, Di.ck and Ignoramus trying to make a statement.
Well, the thread isn't soo applicable in my profession buh i could use a little extra knowledge, we learn everyday.
Nice thread @ejovwovincent

The OP HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL.

But in nairaland useless things makes fb. Thank God this scrambled its way on FB.

Let me define nairaland 4 u below

Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by Iseoluwani: 8:06am On Jul 30, 2016
anochuko01:
who moved this to front page! angry
you just want this thread to suffer grin
at topic: fresh graduates are at a serious disadvantage. its perhaps all about work experience.

The op z right, but those with no career experience z really at a disadvantage
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 30, 2016
Iseoluwani:

The OP HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL.

But in nairaland useless things makes fb. Thank God this scrambled its way on FB.

Let me define nairaland 4 u below
lol lol lol, soo very on point

1 Like

Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by babz11(m): 8:09am On Jul 30, 2016
Interesting
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by teacherbim(f): 8:12am On Jul 30, 2016
sapiosexual1:
This thread has been on FP for the better part of an hour and it's gathered just less than 10comments.
Viewing this thread : only a handful of NLanders. This simply is a reflection of the youths' orientation today. If it's a boobs baring thread or one nonsense political thread, it'd be like a market place with every Tom, Di.ck and Ignoramus trying to make a statement.
Well, the thread isn't soo applicable in my profession buh i could use a little extra

knowledge, we learn everyday.

Don't mind them
Nice thread @ejovwovincent
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by Iseoluwani: 8:13am On Jul 30, 2016
hardbody:

Why did you not copy and post it yourself for the benefit of readers. You could then have cured it by acknowledging source and yet let people have the benefit of the knowledge.

At OP, All those questions sound familiar. They also ask questions about your strongest point and your weakest point; why do you want to leave your present employment; will you be ready to relocate?, etc

For those saying these questions do not make sense, how you perform with these questions gives you an edge over others. All my jobs, I mean ALL my jobs were applied for and got on merit. I never knew any one within the system. My career has spanned Legal Practice, Banking, Telecoms, Non Bank Financial Services.......(I am not trying to be immodest or proud here)

[/b]Infact in my second Bank interview, I got angry when i saw my name listed as number 19 on the waiting list, i had letter a of offer in another telecom company, i just left the bank premises and went to collect my letter in the other company[b]. Next day i traveled and my phones were not reachable for a while, i later received text messages reminding me of the interview, i negotiated a new date, attended the interview, met with 2 HR bosses, my direct boss, one ED and waited till around 9pm to see the MD. The next day i got a congratulatory text message, the only challenge i then had was which job to accept. The Telco paid higher but the bank appeared to have stronger propensity for career longevity. I opted for the Bank and it paid off.

[/b]Reason for my story? jobs are still gotten on merit without envelopes or who you know[b]. A beautiful CV is the first step. How you perform at it the interview is a great help. God has the final say though.

I don't think you got your job on merit. It z by grace you are been saved not on merit but the gift of God. Thank God for your testimonies. Bt I believe that the effectual prayers of your parents or your partner paid off. It takes grace my dear NOT MERIT. APPRECIATE GOD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by teacherbim(f): 8:13am On Jul 30, 2016
jordinsparkles:
Nowadays, all these questions aren't necessary.

Pls read and think about it again
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by teacherbim(f): 8:17am On Jul 30, 2016
Very informative,thanks
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by alamscolo(m): 8:30am On Jul 30, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]nice thread @op. The topic is enlightening. More grease to your elbow
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 30, 2016
Orubebe01:
I once attended an interview and the interviewer asked me, between an eagle and an ant, which one would i choose to be and why? Pls i want to know the right thing to say in this kind of situation.
An ant because of their teamwork spirit.
just read up on ant or probably watch the movie antman.
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by Godson1988(m): 8:34am On Jul 30, 2016
What about where did you see yourself in the next 5years.
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by ceejaysimple(m): 8:36am On Jul 30, 2016
The rate of comments as regards this thread is a mere reflection of the fact that the teaming willing and capable population has lost hope on the job hunting scheme of this country and resort to improvising for survival.when the hope of graduates are shattered as regards finding good jobs,threads like this seem to be less helpful
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by abfalkolly(m): 8:53am On Jul 30, 2016
Misskaycee21:

you have just said it o....
you have to know somebody that knows somebody
Not all, pple ar getting jobs on merit,I knw nobody 2get my job...u can say Government Jobs .
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 30, 2016
abfalkolly:
Not all, pple ar getting jobs on merit,I knw nobody 2get my job...u can say Government Jobs .

how many undecided undecided undecided
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by hardbody: 9:27am On Jul 30, 2016
Iseoluwani:

I don't think you got your job on merit. It z by grace you are been saved not on merit but the gift of God. Thank God for your testimonies. Bt I believe that the effectual prayers of your parents or your partner paid off. It takes grace my dear NOT MERIT. APPRECIATE GOD

Comprehension can't be so difficult. Please read and copy my last sentence. From my end it reads "but God has the final say though"......

Perfectly ok to rely on God but make no effort and let us see what he will bless. Even to the Jews leaving Egypt to Canan , they had to engage the original owners of the land in wars. It is their effort at invasion and conquering that God had to bless.

We use the God factor and man know man to becloud any attempt at making efforts.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 30, 2016
Here to learn
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by hardbody: 9:31am On Jul 30, 2016
Phoenix11:
An ant because of their teamwork spirit.
just read up on ant or probably watch the movie antman.

Both answers would be right if you justify your choice.

Eagle has characteristics that stand it heads and shoulders above other birds and flying creatures. Just tie those qualities to the career search and expectation. Although it is easier to justify being an ant. wink
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by phibetakappa: 9:38am On Jul 30, 2016
Very informative.
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 30, 2016
Goodmorning all pls I need your urgent advice about something
Really important .
I got an invite for mutual benefits life assurance interview but from what I saw online there isn't any basic pay. I want to confirm from you guys here cos all I saw were assumptions .
PS . I'm currently in Benin. Is it worth travelling to lag for.?
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by Harshirama(m): 10:00am On Jul 30, 2016
what is your weakness? - just bring out an index card from your pocket that says "i over prepare"
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by iamademola(m): 10:06am On Jul 30, 2016
nice one Op,but I just want to blive you get a job with the grace of God, I attended an interview abt a week ago,it went so well that I blive to have heard from them bfor now ,I bounced out of the interview room in smile praying that I'll receive the congratulatory message bfor this week runs out. Now today is sat no message yet.iv been thinking all through what kind of life is this. May God help us all.
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 30, 2016
hardbody:

Both answers would be right if you justify your choice.

Eagle has characteristics that stand it heads and shoulders above other birds and flying creatures. Just tie those qualities to the career search and expectation. Although it is easier to justify being an ant. wink
companies are particular about you being a team player....an eagle is not a team player..it hunts alone...while an ant go in search for food together
both answers are not justifyable in a work situation. truth is companies want ants not eagle....except you are the owner of the company then go ahead and be a eagle.
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by foody(f): 10:52am On Jul 30, 2016
After this interview will the take home pay be enough to take you home?
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by ayusco85(m): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Are you attacking the message or the messenger or the interpreter?
Ain't u sapiosexual1?
Re: 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers by ayusco85(m): 11:00am On Jul 30, 2016
iamademola:
nice one Op,but I just want to blive you get a job with the grace of God, I attended an interview abt a week ago,it went so well that I blive to have heard from them bfor now ,I bounced out of the interview room in smile praying that I'll receive the congratulatory message bfor this week runs out. Now today is sat no message yet.iv been thinking al thorough what kinda life is this. May God help us all.
Interviews are very tricky

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Things You Should Never Say In A Job Interview / Boss Group Of Companies - Interview Invitation / Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.